Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fernando THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION

Fernando THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION

Vettel is the 2012 champion. But i think

FERNANDO ALONSO IS THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION OF THE YEAR 2012

That's 2 "People's Championships" we've won in the last 5 years. Woo Hoo!

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

I have watched F1 for the last 32 years, IMHO FA performance in 2012 season is the best ever by any driver, that includes Senna, Prost and even Schumacher in his peak years in his Ferrari. Over the 20 races he has not made any major mistakes, in a car which normally qualify around 5-8 on the grid, and some times worse due to other cars being faster. His starts have been amazing, then on the 1st lap he would make up many places. ALONSO is simply the best driver of all time, Ferrari need to give Alonso a better car for 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    I have watched F1 for the last 32 years, IMHO FA performance in 2012 season is the best ever by any driver, that includes Senna, Prost and even Schumacher in his peak years in his Ferrari. Over the 20 races he has not made any major mistakes, in a car which normally qualify around 5-8 on the grid, and some times worse due to other cars being faster. His starts have been amazing, then on the 1st lap he would make up many places. ALONSO is simply the best driver of all time, Ferrari need to give Alonso a better car for 2013.
    Completely agree with you. Ferrari needs to give him car which is on par with the best or at least 0,1-0,2 slower. Rest will be done by the maestro himself. It would be really shame that he has just two WDC to his name...

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    Ha,ha,ha, the "woo hoo" did it for me! Ha,ha, brilliant!
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

OTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    I pray from the bottom of my heart that we do NOT win anymore "People's Championships"
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    I pray from the bottom of my heart that we do NOT win anymore "People's Championships"
    indeed

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

How many "People's Championships" is a real championship. Tifosi you made me smile.... Grazie mille

He's certainly seen by most as the more deserving champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    He's certainly seen by most as the more deserving champion.
    I think that's the better term. It may be a matter of opinion, but deserving champion goes deeper beyond statistical figures.

Certainly Fernando was the more deserving champion for doing what he did with a lesser car, it's just a shame that this isn't the first time he's had to accept runner-up status through no fault of his own. And as for Felipe's 20sec champion status in 2008, well that was just plain bad luck for him and good luck for Lewis. Incredibly frustrating for us all, and sadly the F1 statistics will never show just how close we were.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I think that's the better term. It may be a matter of opinion, but deserving champion goes deeper beyond statistical figures.
    Vettel's celebrations were muted compared to usual. For him only to beat Alonso by 3 points when you consider the car performance difference is laughable, he drove like an absolute fool at Brazil too. That has to be the worst performance ive seen from a champion since... Brazil 2008 really.

Deep down Vettel knows despite the fact he has a championship to his name that anyone in the know doesn't consider it valid. I'm sure it really frustrates him too.

My driver of the year is Fernando Alonso, the man who scored most podiums - thirteen - without the benefit of the fastest car. His sheer grit and determination along with sublime car control meant that the racer in me wanted him to steal the championship.-MARTIN BRUNDLE........nice to know he was supporting our nando!

Not valid?

Oh please that is taking the disappointment a bit far.

Quote Originally Posted by fadyferrari View Post
    My driver of the year is Fernando Alonso, the man who scored most podiums - thirteen - without the benefit of the fastest car. His sheer grit and determination along with sublime car control meant that the racer in me wanted him to steal the championship.-MARTIN BRUNDLE........nice to know he was supporting our nando!
    Vettel will have another nervous breakdown- will the english press finally get over 2007 and stop pestering Fernando in press conferences? Stay tuned....

Joking aside, Fernando has won a lot of respect as he mentioned himself in one of his post- race interviews, and it seems to mean a lot to him, even if he didn't get the title in the end. Its like the whole F1 world is waiting with bated breath if he will finally win his third title with Ferrari or not.

We have not only one, but 2 open bills here with F1 racing: Massa 2008 and Fernando from this year. Sooner or later they have to be paid. It has to be only a question of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Vettel will have another nervous breakdown- will the english press finally get over 2007 and stop pestering Fernando in press conferences? Stay tuned....

Joking aside, Fernando has won a lot of respect as he mentioned himself in one of his post- race interviews, and it seems to mean a lot to him, even if he didn't get the title in the end. Its like the whole F1 world is waiting with bated breath if he will finally win his third title with Ferrari or not.

We have not only one, but 2 open bills here with F1 racing: Massa 2008 and Fernando from this year. Sooner or later they have to be paid. It has to be only a question of time.
    The spectrum of the Ferrari tifosi goes from absolute desperation to being drunk from happiness, and everything in between, but he, nobody said it would be easy, the church of Maranello is not for the faint hearted, my friend.
    If we loose, man we really loose, down to a few points or seconds, and an indescribable disappointment is our reward once more, but it makes us stronger, because of the simple fact that giving up is not an option, never.
    Next year Alonso and Massa will be again motivated to the bone, and ready to fight another year, with a car that is turning more and more into the weapon it was intended to be.

But most of all with the knowledge that in a competitive Ferrari they will be unbeatable and are the best team on the grid, undoubtedly, are you familiar with the works of Dante Alighieri, "la divina commedia"?
    in which he describes his journey through hell, to get to heaven.
    That's what it means to be a Ferrari tifoso, we don't just win, no, we have to suffer and go through hell to finally have the sweet taste of victory, 'cause those are the finest.
    If it's any consolation, the titles) will come, they always come, because we, my friend, are Scuderia Ferrari.
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Ferrari were just not good enough this year, drives gave their all. Vettel won well done more on. Some people are starting to look desperate on what could of been...

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    Certainly best current driver. He is a blast to watch.
    All time? Thats tough..different era's, different cars, rules etc. So many great drivers.
    Senna at Donnington, Mansell at Hungary..and thats only from that era in which there are so many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Certainly best current driver. He is a blast to watch.
    All time? Thats tough..different era's, different cars, rules etc. So many great drivers.
    Senna at Donnington, Mansell at Hungary..and thats only from that era in which there are so many more.
    True, Schumi, Alonso, Senna, etc were all great drivers in their own generation.

Without being able to put 22 of the greatest driver all on the grid and let them race each other, we'll never know who's better than the other.

Until Ferrari solves this problem, there will be more "people's champions" for Alonso and Massa: PROBLEM;;;;;;;;;;;

HAS THEN BEST CAR: VETTEL
    HAS THE BEST DRIVER: FERRARI;Alonso

BEST CAR WINS WCC and WDC.

Solution: Ferrari must build the BEST CAR!
    Cheers to Alonso and Massa, great year and if NOT for Grosjean taking out Alonso, Hamilton and other on the first corner in the Belgium GP, Alonso (at that time had a 40 point lead) would be a 3 time WDC.

These great skills make him FA....the champion....master control in wet with dry tyres!!

how nice of Fernando to hug and congratulate Newey....after all HE is the reason Pettel won the championship...
    as soon as Newey figured out how to seal the diffuser again, Pettel started to be competitive...otherwise he'd be nowhere..

http://www.abload.de/img/neweywaq1g.gif
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    how nice of Fernando to hug and congratulate Newey....after all HE is the reason Pettel won the championship...
    as soon as Newey figured out how to seal the diffuser again, Pettel started to be competitive...otherwise he'd be nowhere..

http://www.abload.de/img/neweywaq1g.gif
    If he did congratulate him, I hope it's not a dig at Vettel, but pure congratulation, cuz that would put Nando in a bad light.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekka View Post
    If he did congratulate him, I hope it's not a dig at Vettel, but pure congratulation, cuz that would put Nando in a bad light.
    I'm sure you will love that.

Fernando took the loss so well on the podium. Like a man!

LOTUS has really ruined our year !!!
    I am now sure i hate Kimi and romain ....
    15+10(spa,suzuka) points(minimum) surely gone bcoz of both of them...even if we got 20 pts from those races then we would have the WDC by austin...

I think its logical that Fernando huged Newey, cause when u really think about it, he is the ONLY 1 who actually beat Fernando!
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by jgdswaran View Post
    Vettel is the 2012 champion. But i think

FERNANDO ALONSO IS THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION OF THE YEAR 2012
    Vettel is the WDC. We need to get over it.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Well, it certainly seems he is the team's champion - from the Autosport forum