Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 2013 WEC, IMSA&ELMS News

Porsche to sell customer 911 RSR GTE cars for 2014 WEC
    By Gary Watkins Monday, December 2nd 2013, 14:01 GMT

Porsche to sell customer GTE cars

Porsche will sell its latest 911 RSR GTE contender to customers for next season.

The German manufacturer had previously stated that it had yet to make a decision on the supply of the 991-shape contender to privateer teams or to deny speculation that it would only release the car after the Le Mans 24 Hours in June.

Now, it has revealed that it will produce customer cars in the evolution or 2014-specification that raced for the first time in last weekend's World Endurance Championship finale in Bahrain.

The decision was announced as the same time as it confirmed its return to the GTE Pro class of the WEC with the factory Manthey team.

Porsche Motorsport boss Hartmut Kristen said: "The decision has been prepared over a long period; we had to make sure we had the correct resources and that took a while.

"We had to make sure that we could provide the private teams with the support they need - you cannot just provide a car."

Kristen revealed that Porsche was in discussion with potential customer teams looking to race in the WEC, but stressed that the car would initially only be available in limited numbers.

"For Silverstone [the opening round of the 2014 WEC next April], more than three would not be possible.

"We are having discussions with a number of teams, but we know that not every discussion will have a positive result."

Stalwart Porsche entrant Proton Competition has revealed that it will enter at least one 911 RSR in next year's WEC and has ambitions to run a second car. Should a second full-season entry not come off, it plans to enter an additional car for the Le Mans 24 Hours in June.

The French Imsa Performance has no plans to upgrade from its existing 997-model 911 GT3-RSR on grounds of cost.

Porsche has yet to release a price for the latest RSR, but sources suggest it is in the region of €800,000 (£660,000).

Kristen revealed that he did not expect any true customer cars to race in the United SportsCar Championship in the US.

Team Falken Tire has already announced that it will have a RSR for next season's USC, starting at round two at Sebring.

Kristen explained that Porsche supported the Walker Racing-run team "in a different way" to regular customers because of Falken's development needs as a tyre manufacturer.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111700
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post

Bravo Ferrari..Great news, big news...big, great news...
    fantastic news. Was a cracker of a race. I was so nervous, upto 4-5 hours then both #97 #99 Astons dropped out and then titles were pretty much ours. Shame Astons had the troubles, they really did come close and maybe should of deserved it after the tragic year they had. But, we came out on top. And happy happy days. Just need our F1 team to do it next year.

:xmasbiggrin:Ferrari open to LMP1 programme with Formula 1 turbo engine:xmasbiggrin:
    By Gary Watkins Thursday, December 5th 2013, 10:57 GMT

Ferrari has opened the door on a possible factory LMP1 entry in the future using a powerplant based on its 2014 Formula 1 engine.

Antonello Coletta, who heads up the Italian manufacturer's non-F1 sporting activities, has revealed that Ferrari is studying the new energy-based P1 rulebook that comes into force next season.

He did not rule out an entry with a Ferrari-built chassis and the F1 turbocharged V6 into the World Endurance Championship at some undetermined point in the future.

"It is normal that Ferrari should screen all opportunities and stand at the window and look in," Coletta told AUTOSPORT.

"It is important for us to understand what is available in the future."

But Coletta stressed that there were no immediate plans for Ferrari to mount its first factory prototype campaign since 1973.

"At the moment we are concentrated on F1, so it would not be possible to do something else," he explained.

"That means that we cannot say Ferrari will be in LMP1, but we can also not say that Ferrari will not be in LMP1. We can also not say if our vision is for 2015, 2016 or beyond."

Coletta stressed that if Ferrari did join Audi, Toyota, Porsche and, most likely, Nissan in LMP1 in 2015 or beyond it would be with a full-factory effort and not just as an engine supplier.

"Either we build a car or we do not come," he stated.

Renault has also raised the prospect of its 1.6-litre F1 V6 becoming the basis of a P1 powerplant.

FISICHELLA TO KEEP GT SEAT.:xmasbiggrin:
    Ferrari will remain in the WEC's GTE Pro class with the AF Corse team in 2014, Coletta underlined.

"The programme is confirmed and it is natural that the situation should be the same same as 2013," he said.

He denied rumours that ex-F1 driver Giancarlo Fisichella would not be part of Ferrari's plans.

"Nothing will change. We are very happy with our drivers and Giancarlo is one of our drivers," he said. "Only the mix [of driver pairings] might change."

The Ferrari GT driver line-ups were altered ahead of last weekend's Bahrain finale, ostensibly to give Ferrari two chances of taking the drivers' crown.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111630

Lets hope something comes off this time. Be a dream to see factory backed squad in LMP1 and full WEC season. Alonso in the driver line-up :xmasbiggrin:

Ram Racing to field line up of Champions at 24H Dubai 2014

------------------------------------------------------------

** MEDIA RELEASE: 5th December 2013
    ------------------------------------------------------------

** European Le Mans Series Championship-winning GT team, Ram Racing, has put together a truly all-star driver line up for its entry in the Dubai 24 from 9-11 January with the express purpose of giving the team its best possible start to 2014.

Joining its ELMS LMGTE Driver Champions, Johnny Mowlem and Matt Griffin, will be 2013 GT Drivers Champion and long-time Corvette Racing factory driver, Jan Magnussen. In addition, local businessman and Ferrari enthusiast, Cheerag Arya, will be returning to Ram Racing’s driver line up for a second successive year.

A two-time ALMS champion and former F1 driver from Denmark, Magnussen is no stranger to the Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 following a 2013 season in the International GT Open with the Italian marque. It should be remembered that the ever-popular driver made his debut in GT racing in 2003 in a Ferrari!

Team Principal Dan Shufflebottom is delighted to have persuaded Magnussen to make his debut in the Dubai 24H with Ram Racing, especially as it comes in the middle of a very busy period leading up to the opening round of the 2014 Tudor United Sportscar Championship in the USA.

“It’s quite exciting for us to have an ALMS Champion to add to our driver line up,” comments Dan. “Before he re-signed with Corvette Racing and the various calendars were confirmed, I’d spoken to him about being with the team for 2014. Although a full season with us wasn’t possible, it’s great he agreed to still do Dubai with us.

The former F1 technician, who led the new-for-2013 team to championship success in its inaugural year of competition, added: “Jan, combined with Johnny and Matt, makes for an extremely good line up and I’d say we are definitely looking for good result compared to last year which was our first competition event.”

Ram Racing newcomer Magnussen is enthusiastic about making his debut in Dubai: “I’m really looking forward to my first Dubai 24H and I think we should have a good shot at success. I’ve got to know the Ferrari GT3 pretty well from the GT Open and I’ve got great faith in Ram Racing and the guys in the team who have proven themselves to be race and championship winners in a very short space of time. It’s going to be an extremely busy January but I’ll just be taking each event as it comes and trying to make sure I don’t miss any flights!”

Although a relatively new event, the 24 Hours of Dubai has grown considerably in stature over the past few years and the ultra-modern 5.39km Dubai Autodrome track has become a favourite of drivers. It offers a combination of high-speed straights and technical corners which, combined with the size of the entry-list, makes it a challenging prospect for all competitors. Ram Racing’s 2013 race ended in the 14^th hour following contact by a slower car, but the team is determined to not only finish the 2014 event but to finish on top.

ASTON MARTIN’S CAMPBELL-WALTER AND HALL BECOME WORLD CHAMPIONS IN BAHRAIN

Gaydon, 5 December 2013 - Aston Martin Racing works drivers, Jamie Campbell-Walter (GB) and Stuart Hall (GB) took the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) Trophy for GTE Am Drivers at the final round of the championship in Bahrain at the weekend (30 November).

Although it was their team-mates from the #95 sister car, Christoffer Nygaard (DN), Nicki Thiim (DN) and Kristian Poulsen (DN) who took the WEC GTE Am race win, Campbell-Walter and Hall finished in fifth place, securing them enough points to claim the championship that they had been leading for the final three rounds.

As well as taking the drivers’ title, Campbell-Walter and Hall’s Aston Martin Racing works team car, the #96 Vantage GTE, took second in the FIA Endurance Trophy for LMGTE AM Teams, a testament to the team’s hardwork and consistency throughout the season.

“I couldn’t ask for a better team than the guys at Aston Martin Racing,” comments Campbell-Walter. “I’ve worked with some of the best engineers I’ve ever experienced here and it’s given us the consistency and results to become world champions. Everyone in the team can class themselves a world champion too.”

Jamie won his first world championship title in 2000 when he took the FIA GT Championship. Since then, he has had a successful sportscar racing career, which includes a Spa 24 Hour win and taking the Autosport GT Driver of the Year Award.

“To be able to add the WEC Trophy for GTE Am Drivers to my list of achievements is a dream come true,” he concluded. “I’d like to thank everyone involved in helping me to get here.”

For team-mate Hall, who first raced with Aston Martin Racing in 2009, it was his first world championship win. He made his WEC debut at Silverstone 2012 and impressed the team by taking pole position for the start of the race, something he repeated at the first round of the 2013 season, once again held at Silverstone.

Since then, Hall and his Aston Martin team-mates have stood on the WEC podium four times, winning two races in São Paulo and Austin, and finished fourth in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. “It’s been an incredible year,” comments Hall. “Obviously, it’s had its highs and lows, but Jamie, Roald and I have been a fantastic team that has performed reliably at every round.”

The #96 Vantage GTE completed each of the eight rounds of the 2013 WEC, including the grueling Le Mans 24 Hour race, proving the cars reliability, the drivers’ ability and the teams’ delivery of a well-prepared car.

“To finish all rounds of an endurance championship is almost unheard of,” comments Hall. “The car hasn’t missed a beat all year and the team has been incredible.

“The last race was tough but we kept fighting to the end and it paid off. I always say that as long as you are in the race you can win the race and we never stopped believing we could do it. Jamie and I have to thank Roald for giving us this fantastic opportunity. Without him, we wouldn’t be world champions.”

Roald Goethe (DE), who owns the #96 car as well as competing in it, concludes: “I am thrilled for my team mates Stuart and Jamie to have clinched the drivers’ championship, and am equally thrilled to now have a car in the ROFGO Collection driven by two world champions and that came second in the teams' championship. All this was made possible by an exceptional team at Aston Martin Racing that gave us a car that ran faultlessly all year. What more could I wish for?!”

Aston Martin Racing will announce its 2014 works team programme in the early part of next year. Until then, keep up-to-date on the website www.astonmartin.com/racing on the Facebook page www.facebook.com/astonmartinracing and on Twitter using @amr_official

- ENDS -

KRISTENSEN ELECTED TO FIA INSTITUTE EXECUTIVE

05/12/2013 - 17h10

Nine-time Le Mans champion Tom Kristensen has been elected to the FIA Institute Executive Committee by the organisation's General Assembly, which met in Paris today. The Executive Committee plays a pivotal role in providing overall direction to the activities of the FIA Institute, deciding on the organisation's strategy and selecting the projects to be undertaken. Kristensen said: "I'm delighted to become an Executive Committee member of the FIA Institute. The work that the FIA Institute does in motor sport safety and sustainability is vitally important and I hope that my experience as a driver can help contribute to that." Kristensen is no stranger to the top levels of motor sport. Not only has he won the Le Mans 24 Hours a record nine times but he has also claimed numerous other championships, including the Japanese and German Formula 3 titles and the 2002 American Le Mans Series crown. This season he secured the FIA World Endurance Championship crown alongside Allan McNish and Loic Duval for Audi Sport Team Joest. The nine-member Executive Committee is made up of the FIA Institute President and Deputy President, three representatives of member National Sporting Authorities, an Associate Member, an External Appointment, a representative of the FIA and a representative of the FIA Foundation.

WORLD ENDURANCE CHAMPIONS HONOURED AT FIA PRIZE GIVING CEREMONY

7/12/2013 - 03h10

The FIA honoured the 2013 World Endurance Champions during the FIA Gala in Paris, surrounded by the other champions from world motorsport.

Audi secured the Manufacturers' title with its R18 e-tron quattro, adding the FIA World Endurance crown to the 24 Heures du Mans title the German manufacturer secured in June, which was the 90th anniversary of the first running of the world’s greatest motorsport event in 1923.

The Drivers' World Championship was won in the penultimate round in Shanghai with Allan McNish, Tom Kristensen and Loïc Duval edging out their Audi teammates André Lotterer, Benoît Tréluyer and Marcel Fässler to lift the 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship, adding the world title to their win at Le Mans in June, which was also a record breaking ninth victory for Kristensen, and the Royal Automobile Club Tourist Trophy in April at Silverstone.

Toyota Racing’s Anthony Davidson, Sébastien Buemi and Stéphane Sarrazin secured third place in the World Drivers' Championship by winning the last race of the year in Bahrain.

Loïc Duval said: “I’ve only driven a full season for Audi alongside Tom and Allan this year. This was combined with a certain pressure as well as a nice hope. After all, I’m driving in the best team of the world. We’ve always given our best and have won the World Champion's title for it today. That’s an overwhelming feeling in this outstanding year in which we’ve also won Le Mans together. More than this isn’t possible.”

Tom Kristensen said: “In karting, I finished the World Championship as the runner-up once. Now I’ve won the World Champion’s title with Audi. That’s a nice feeling. And we competed against last year’s World Champions and had to stand our ground. Loïc, Allan and Audi Sport Team Joest did a brilliant job. A nice feeling.”

Allan McNish said: “I’ve been waiting for this moment since 1985. Even in karting, I battled for the World Champion’s title – back then at Le Mans by the way. In Formula 1, I didn’t have a real chance. Now, in my third motorsport discipline, it’s worked out. I’m proud of what we’ve achieved together this year.”

Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich (Head of Audi Motorsport): “Our whole squad has achieved everything there was to be achieved early and, following the Le Mans victory, has clinched both WEC titles as well. We can be very pleased with the season. We won the World Championship and the Le Mans 24 Hours and showed superb form in all races.”

In the FIA World Endurance Cup for GT Manufacturers it was a three-way battle between Ferrari, Aston Martin and Porsche, with Ferrari securing the title with victory in Bahrain. New for the 2013 season was the FIA World Endurance Cup for GT Drivers and Italian Gianmaria Bruni became the inaugural champion following victory in Bahrain with Toni Vilander in addition to the wins in Belgium and Brazil earlier in the year alongside Giancarlo Fisichella.

Gianmaria Bruni said: "To be the driver champion by myself is fantastic but I am happy for all the team. The car has been consistent, not faster, but constistent and I knew we had a good chance to win the last race in Bahrain and move ahead of the Aston Martin drivers in the drivers' championship. This was a team effort and my thanks go to Toni Vilander who drove with me in the final round and the rest is three titles - the manufacturer’s title for Ferrari, the team title for AF Corse and the driver’s title. So we are all very happy."

Pierre Fillon, President of the ACO, said: “2013 has been a fantastic year for the FIA World Endurance Championship and in just two years it has become a brand that is linked to exciting racing and great entertainment. This year was also very important for the ACO as we celebrated 90 years of the 24 Heures du Mans and, quite rightly, this race is the jewel in the crown of the FIA WEC; the one that everyone wants to win.

“I would like to congratulate Audi, Allan McNish, Tom Kristensen and Loïc Duval, Ferrari and Gianmaria Bruni on their world titles and to Tom on his ninth overall victory at Le Mans, which is an incredible achievement; a record that will be hard to beat. The World Endurance Championship is a partnership between the FIA and the ACO and, once again, we have shown what we can achieve together. 2014 already promises to be even better with the arrival of Porsche in LMP1, with a line-up of star drivers including Mark Webber, and we look forward to the opening round in April – the 6 Hours of Silverstone.”

Analysis: LMP1 equivalence rules set in stone before Le Mans
    By Gary Watkins Friday, December 6th 2013, 14:11 GMT

Porsche LMP1

The balance between petrol and diesel-powered LMP1 machinery set at the start of the 2014 World Endurance Championship will not change before the Le Mans 24 Hours in June.

The differing amount of fuel per lap allocated to petrol and diesel hybrids, the means by which performance is controlled under the 2014 P1 regulations, will be set in stone for the first three races ahead of the WEC opener at Silverstone in April.

The calculations or the Equivalence of Technology will be based on information and data supplied to the FIA and Le Mans organiser the Automobile Club de l'Ouest, which jointly write the P1 rulebook, by the three manufacturers competing in P1 next season based on their simulations and pre-season testing.

ACO sporting manager Vincent Beaumesnil explained that the move was designed to ensure that the manufacturers - Audi, Toyota and Porsche - supply the correct information ahead of the start of the season.

"The will be no adjustment before Le Mans because if someone is shown by our measurements to have a brake specific consumption that is different from what has been declared previously, there will be a sanction," he said.

"There can be no possibility to cheat by giving incorrect figures before Silverstone, and because there is no adjustment between Spa and Le Mans, there can be no reason to sandbag in the first two races."

The balance will be reviewed on the basis of data accumulated over the course of the Le Mans event in June, which will allow another Equivalence of Technology to be set for a further 12 months up to and including the 2015 24 Hours at Le Mans.

"I am pretty sure that we will not change anything, but if it is necessary, we will," Beaumesnil continued.

"We will go for 12 months without moving anything until after Le Mans the following year because we do not want to punish development — if someone makes progress in those 12 months, that is fine."

The Equivalence of Technology for petrol-powered cars will be based on the performance of the best of the two manufacturers, Toyota and Porsche, running this fuel.

SANCTIONS FOR CONSUMPTION INFRINGEMENTS

Beaumesnil said there would be a sanction for any manufacturer whose brake specific fuel consumption is better than declared. This would range from stop-go penalties to exclusion, he said.

There will also be a table of penalties for cars that exceed their fuel allocation over a three-lap average or by more than two per cent over any one lap.

Audi and Toyota, Le Mans 24 Hours 2013

The energy content of the fuel allocation of petrol cars and turbodiesels will not be the same because of the different combustion properties of the two fuels.

The fuel allocation will be policed by a sensor produced by Gill Sensors, which is common to the WEC's LMP1 class and Formula 1.

The FIA is confident that the sensor, which measures rather than controls the fuel flow, will meet its accuracy target of plus or minus 0.25 per cent, despite issues with the unit when it tested in F1 cars at the Silverstone young driver test in July.

The definite sensor is expected to be released to the manufacturers and F1 teams in January.

There is no provision in the rules for balancing of manufacturer LMP1 entries by any other means than the fuel allocation, but the performance of non-hybrid cars competing in the privateer-only LMP1-Light subclass can be adjusted in other ways.

• The 2014 WEC calendar has been tweaked again after the shift of Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka: the WEC race at Fuji has been moved back to one week to its original date of October 12.

An FIA World Endurance Trophy for drivers will be awarded to LMP1 privateers in addition to a teams' title on the proviso that there are a minimum of three entries.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111764

Audi reveals its 2014 Le Mans 24 Hours LMP1 contender
    By Gary Watkins Sunday, December 8th 2013, 12:28 GMT

Audi 2014

Audi has released the first image of its 2014 Le Mans 24 Hours challenger ahead of a test starting at Sebring on Sunday.

The image shows that the car built to the new LMP1 rulebook retains a close resemblance to its predecessor, whose R18 e-tron quattro moniker it retains, despite regulation changes that mean it is five per cent narrower.

The release of the image 10 days ahead of the official launch of the car reflects the semi-public nature of the Sebring test.

The 2014 Audi, which will contest next year's World Endurance Championship, has previously tested in secret.

It has undertaken a series of runs since hitting the track at the end of September.

Audi Sport boss Wolfgang Ullrich said: "We've reached a crucial stage in this project. After building the first prototype, testing on various racetracks is now taking centre-stage.

"The tests are mainly focused on achieving high mileage, co-ordinating the highly complex hybrid drive systems and working out an efficiency-optimised total package that has never before been as complex as this one."

Analysis: Rules tweaks prevent pre-Le Mans sandbagging

Audi is continuing the tradition of testing its prototypes at Sebring, even though it will not be racing at the Florida venue in 2014.

Audi Sebring test 2010
    A statement described the venue as "the track where all new Le Mans prototypes of the Audi brand have had to prove their worth".

The launch of the car will take place in Ingolstadt on December 18.

DID YOU KNOW...

... Audi tested at Sebring even in the year it did not contest the 12 Hours at the Florida venue?

It ran its R15+ TDI (pictured above) at the circuit the week after 2010 running of the race as part of its preparations for the Le Mans 24 Hours.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111780

Is the Audi Sebring test today or next Sunday? Im in south Florida:xmascool:, so I would consider shooting up to Sebring to see the test.
    Audi def gearing up, especially since Porsche is no stranger to endurance racing. :xmassmile::xmaswink::xmasbiggrin:

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Is the Audi Sebring test today or next Sunday? Im in south Florida:xmascool:, so I would consider shooting up to Sebring to see the test.
    Audi def gearing up, especially since Porsche is no stranger to endurance racing. :xmassmile::xmaswink::xmasbiggrin:
    Im not sure. The test usually runs the week after the race. Hope you having good time.

Last edited by Rob; 10th December 2013 at 19:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Im not sure. The test usually runs the week after the race. Hope you having good time.
    I read today that its national hate Florida day...Its the warmest place in the whole country..86 today, about 73 tonight...
    really nice...so yea, I am having a good time. I dont own socks anymore :xmasbiggrin::xmascool:
    Have to add, I see some of the neatest cars here, especially over in Naples..lottsa Ferrari's n Lambo's.
    The sound of a 458 is mesmerizing.

MARK WEBBER MAKES HIS DEBUT IN THE PORSCHE LMP1

Porsche yesterday concluded its final test laps of 2013 for its new LMP1 race car on the Autódromo Internacional do Algarve near Portimão, Portugal and among the drivers present was Mark Webber, who got his first taste of his new-for-2014 working environment.

Webber (37) was not expecting to be able to drive until the new year, but received the green light from the Red Bull Racing F1 team to conduct these initial tests, despite still being under contract. From 1 January 2014, the Australian officially joins the Porsche factory team as a works driver and reinforces the already-announced driver line-up of Timo Bernhard (32), Romain Dumas (35) and Neel Jani (30).

Mark Webber commented in Portimão: “My first day in this fascinating project was an intense experience for me. I would like to thank Red Bull Racing for giving me the chance to join the project so early. This is a major and important step for us all. It allows me to integrate with the team quicker and to contribute to further developing the LMP1 race car. We have a long way to go and it involves a lot of hard work. I have no misconceptions about this.”

On the schedule of the final test for 2013 in Portugal were primarily suspension and tyre tests with partner Michelin. Previously, the Porsche LMP1 squad had pressed ahead with the development of the new race car on the Magny-Cours (France), Monza (Italy) and Paul Ricard (France) circuits, as well as on the Eurospeedway Lausitz (Germany).

Wolfgang Hatz, Member of the Executive Board for Research and Development at Porsche AG, acknowledged that there is much to do before the opening round of the 2014 FIA World Endurance Championship on 20 April at Silverstone. “We always knew it wasn’t going to be easy to return to top endurance racing after 16 years. Hence, our efforts in developing a competitive Porsche LMP1 race car are immense. Up to this point, our engineers in Weissach, the drivers, and the entire team have performed impressively. We are finding new approaches in the development, implementation and application of leading edge efficiency technologies. This also leads to further improvements of the entire hybrid technology in our production cars. Ultimately, our customers will benefit the most.”

Testing will resume in early 2014.

(thanks to Porsche AG)

F1-style technology for Audi's new Le Mans challenger
    By Gary Watkins Thursday, December 12th 2013, 11:48 GMT

Audi has revealed that its 2014 World Endurance Championship challenger incorporates a Formula 1-style second energy-recovery system.

Thermal energy recovered from the exhaust gases of the new Audi R18 e-tron quattro's turbodiesel V6 engine will feed the same flywheel storage system that takes the kinetic energy retrieved from the front axle under braking.

It is understood that the technology is in line with the MGU-H (motor generator unit - heat) systems that will be used in Formula 1 from next season and will allow Audi to feed energy back to the turbocharger to combat drag.

An Audi press statement highlighting key technical details of the latest R18 e-tron quattro explained the system.

"The turbocharger of the internal combustion engine is linked to an electrical machine, which makes it possible to convert the thermal energy of the exhaust gas flow into electric energy, - for instance, when the boost pressure limit has been reached," it read.

"When the car accelerates, the stored energy can either flow back to the MGU at the front axle or to the innovative electric turbocharger, depending on the operating strategy."

Audi is referring to the two technologies as Energy Recovery System - Kinetic and ERS-Heat.

Porsche has also stated that its second hybrid system allowed under the new regulations also harness energy from exhaust gases.

Toyota will use front and rear kinetic energy retrieval systems.

Audi has also revealed that it will be unable to run the blown diffuser of this year's R18 courtesy of the new regulations.

Audi Sport has "redeveloped every single component" on the new car, the statement said, even though it retains the type number and look of its predecessor.

This follows changes in the chassis rules that reduce the overall width of the LMP1 cars by five percent or 10mm, mandate narrower front tyres and stipulate a larger cockpit area.

The new Audi was conceived during 2012, with the design of the car beginning at the end of the year.

Testing of the new R18 began in secret during the early in the autumn in Europe with Marco Bonanomi driving.

Andre Lotterer, Benoit Treluyer and Marcel Fassler are known to have taken part in this week's Sebring test.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111833

PORSCHE NAMES LIEB AND HARTLEY FOR LMP1 PROGRAMME

15/12/2013 - 08h14

Porsche AG has announced its full driver line up for the 2014 FIA World Endurance Championship, and the name the all-new LMP1 prototype will be known as.

Young New Zealander Brendon Hartley (24), who this year has been making his mark in the European Le Mans Series, will be joining long-standing Porsche works driver Marc Lieb (33) from Germany as the final two drivers in the German team's line up.

The duo will be racing the Porsche 919 hybrid, together with the already announced Timo Bernhard (DE, 32), Romain Dumas (FR, 36), Neel Jani (CH, 30) and the Australian Mark Webber (37).

Hartley left his homeland early to advance his racing career in Europe. Following on from successes in Formula Renault and Formula 3 came the long-awaited Formula 1 contract – as a test driver but with precious little chance to race. Hence, parallel to his F1 commitments, Hartley turned to sports car racing. He said: “I’m incredibly proud that Porsche has chosen me. I was deeply impressed at my first outing in Le Mans. But to compete there in the LMP1 for an iconic company like Porsche is another dimension completely.”

Marc Lieb was 20 years old when his career as a race driver at Porsche took off: In the year 2000, he won the Porsche Junior driver selection. In addition to a raft of class victories, he also scored five overall wins at 24 hour races, four times on the Nürburgring, once at Spa. “I have been fortunate enough to celebrate victories with Porsche all over the world,” said Lieb, “even in the GT class at Le Mans. People there always asked when we would return to the LMP1 class. Since the project was given the go-ahead, I only wanted one thing: to be involved. Le Mans and Porsche, I can’t even begin to describe how excited this makes me feel.”

Porsche press release.

NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :xmaseek:
    AUDI'S WORLD CHAMPION ALLAN MCNISH ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT FROM LMP1

17/12/2013 - 14h02

One of the most successful and charismatic race drivers is leaving the grand stage of motorsport. A few days before his 44th birthday, Audi factory driver Allan McNish announced that he would not continue his active career in the 2014 season.

The Scotsman began his very successful racing career 32 years ago in karting. McNish achieved many of his greatest victories since the 2000 season with Audi – most recently, the first World Championship title in his career at the wheel of the Audi R18 e-tron quattro.

“I found the ideal moment for myself to bring an end to my LMP sports-prototype racing with Audi,” says McNish. “Together with my team-mates Tom Kristensen and Loïc Duval I finished my most successful season in the sports car. Having also won the Le Mans 24 Hours, I can’t wish for more than what we’ve achieved this year. I can look back on a fantastic career that has left no aims unfinished and I’m looking forward to new challenges the future holds for me. Now I’ll have a lot more time for my family. But I’m going to continue to be part of motorsport in various roles, albeit no longer as an Audi race driver.”

Allan McNish will remain in close contact with Audi Sport and contribute his knowledge. “We appreciate and respect Allan’s decision to retire at the pinnacle of his career,” says Head of Audi Motorsport Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich. “At the same time, this is a parting that is particularly difficult for us. All of us are well aware of Allan’s racing successes. We should not forget, though, how valuable he has been in the development of our race cars, how great a team player he has always been and how he has consistently applied himself to achieve Audi’s aims far beyond motorsport with professionalism, loyalty and commitment. We regret that Allan will no longer be contesting any races for us but are happy that he will continue to be associated with Audi Sport and the Audi brand.”

In the 2000 season, Allan McNish in the Audi R8 won the American Le Mans Series for the first time. In 2006 and 2007, in the Audi R10 TDI, he again celebrated title wins in the North American sports car series. Four overall victories in the Sebring 12 Hours complement his track record in North America. Two of his three successes in the Le Mans 24 Hours he celebrated with Audi in 2008 and 2013. The early title win in the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) at Shanghai (China) five weeks ago marked the pinnacle of the Scotsman’s career, who had initially pursed a classic career in formula racing.

Except for the years of 2001 to 2003, when the racing pro with the physique of a jockey was active in Formula 1 as a test and race driver, he was competing for the four rings since 2000. He almost exclusively drove the company’s sports cars and in 2005 he was additionally active in the DTM. He is the only driver to have raced all sports cars ever made in Ingolstadt and Neckarsulm, from the Audi R8R to the R8, R10 TDI, R15 TDI, R18 TDI models and the R18 ultra through to the R18 e-tron quattro. He has recorded 29 overall victories, 18 pole positions, 17 fastest race laps and four title wins in eleven years, which makes him one of the most successful Audi sports car drivers. “Of course, we’re going to miss Allan in our driver line-up extremely,” says Chris Reinke, Project Manager LMP at Audi Sport. “But it’s typical of Allan that he’s also found a perfect point in time to end his career.”

Audi Sport press release

That's indeed sad news! I don't watch endurance racing very much because no one is broadcasting it but I Always felt that Mcnish is a real personality and also a good driver
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

It's an ORECA 03 LMP2 prototype
    for Pickett Racing

- German duo of Graf and Luhr return -
    INDIANAPOLIS (December 19, 2013) - Muscle Milk Pickett Racing has turned to ORECA to lead its effort in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.

In addition to a world-class winning car, the team will be counting on its same Championship winning driver pairing for its #6 Muscle Milk ORECA/Nissan prototype entry with Klaus Graf and Lucas Luhr both returning full-time to the team.

The Muscle Milk squad will be the first one to campaign an ORECA 03 LMP2 car powered by Nissan full time in the United States. Since its debut in competition in 2011, the ORECA 03 has currently won on 18 occasions in the FIA World Endurance Championship and European Le Mans Series, including 10 in 13 races this past season.

As an organization, ORECA has won over 40 national and international titles and scored more than 350 victories. It has also participated 19 times in the 24 Hours of Le Mans and won both the 12 Hours of Sebring as well as the 24 Hours of Daytona.

It will be the first time that both Klaus Graf and Lucas Luhr pilot an ORECA P2 prototype with Luhr having experience with the Nissan engine. The German duo will be looking to continue in the TUDOR Championship the success that Pickett Racing has known the last few years in the American Le Mans Series.

Graf and Luhr have been one of the strongest pairings of late. Since being paired aboard a Muscle Milk car, the pair has finished on the podium 23 times, including 18 wins in 28 starts. They've also combined to start on pole 13 times. Not to mention two Championships together, with Luhr being the most prized ALMS driver with 49 career wins and six championships.

Muscle Milk Pickett Racing will be making its on track debut with its new race car at the Roar before the Rolex 24 at Daytona International Raceway January 3 - 5, 2014.

The 2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship season kicks off January 23 - 26 with the Rolex 24 at Daytona.

For more information on Pickett Racing please visit www.pickettracingteam.com.

Muscle Milk Pickett Racing Quotes:

Greg Pickett, Team Owner, Muscle Milk Pickett Racing
    "This is an exciting time for us at Muscle Milk Pickett Racing as we welcome ORECA as our new partner. After winning the last two P1 Championships in the American Le Mans Series, it was important for us to choose a partner for our new adventure into the TUDOR Championship, that can help us continue, and build on, the success we've known so far.
    "Our success the last couple of years was only made possible by our commitment to work closely and collaboratively with our friends and partners at HPD, Wirth Engineering and Michelin. Although we will miss working with them, our commitment to ORECA will be exactly the same.
    "We fully understand that the level of competition will be much higher this year. We are a very competitive organization by nature and look forward to this greater challenge. Competition, after all, is the reason we go racing in the first place.
    "I very much appreciate the input and guidance I received from our two championship drivers Lucas Luhr and Klaus Graf who were instrumental in helping us make this important decision. I can't wait to see them behind the wheel of our new ORECA/Nissan prototype.
    "Hugues (de Chaunac) shares the same passion for racing in America that I do and that's something very important to us. When you have the same focus, commitment and passion, only good can come of it. With ORECA's deep roots in motorsports, particularly sports car racing, and proven achievements, it made for an easy decision.
    "It will be a fun and challenging season ahead and we're committed to working closely with our partner ORECA to make it as successful as possible."

Hugues de Chaunac, President ORECA
    "It was one of our priorities to have an ORECA 03 LM P2 on the grid of the new American endurance championship and we are thrilled that it's the two-time ALMS champs, Muscle Milk Pickett Racing, who are the first to announce their choice.
    "Pickett's team has shown both their level of performance and their impressive level of professionalism in recent years; it's an honor and a responsibility to entrust one of our prototypes to a top team such as theirs. With Muscle Milk Pickett Racing, to whom we will be offering our technical support, we are getting ready to take on a new exciting challenge. The United States is a special place for us and the USCC represents a thrilling new chapter. Our goal is clear: win the classics like Daytona, Sebring and Petit Le Mans as a constructor. We are working to have other ORECA 03 entries on track in North America, alongside the numerous ORECA-FLM09 cars already present in Prototype Challenge. I can't wait to see our prototypes race at Daytona, 14 years after our overall victory with the Viper. It's a new step in the Group's development in the USA."

Klaus Graf, Driver, #6 Muscle Milk ORECA/Nissan
    "After taking back-to-back titles in the ALMS, I'm really looking forward to the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, as a new era will begin. The responsible people, I think, tried really, really hard to combine the best assets from both series. They've certainly combined a good schedule, I think the calendar is fantastic for next year. Muscle Milk Pickett Racing is looking forward to this new challenge in this new series.
    "I very much look forward to getting into the ORECA/Nissan prototype car. This combination has been the dominant package. We looked very hard into what would be the best way to move forward for us and the ORECA 03 LM P2 with a Nissan engine was the one to have in the past and I'm pretty confident that it will be the same in the future. It has won many races and hopefully we can win many more.
    "We did a lot of analysis in regards to what would be our preferred package to make us competitive. We looked at a lot of variables, what is important for Muscle Milk Pickett Racing, not only what we need as a team to perform but also in terms of marketing and reliability, so we really looked at a lot of different aspects of the package before we made this decision.
    "It's going to be a new environment for everybody, The TUDOR Championship is completely new, we have a new package, we have a bigger team for next year with new drivers who will join Lucas and me. The Muscle Milk Pickett Racing team grew tremendously the last couple of years, I was an integral part of that not only as a driver and everybody involved can be very, very proud to be part of such an organization. At the end of the day, it's down to our partners Muscle Milk, ORECA, Continental Tires and the Pickett family to make this a success again and to continue the path of the Pickett Racing team."

Lucas Luhr, Driver, #6 Muscle Milk ORECA/Nissan
    "I'm very excited to discover the ORECA/Nissan car. I had a chance to drive a Nissan powered P2 at Le Mans and I had a lot of fun. Hopefully, we can continue with this new package the success we had with Muscle Milk Pickett Racing last year. The ORECA has shown it can win races and our goal is to give them more wins.
    "I think the competition is going to be very tough, not only in the prototype class but in all classes. The key is going to be the balance between the DPs and P2s, I have high hopes that they will get it right so that nobody has an advantage or a disadvantage and that we can really fight on the circuit. I think it's what the drivers like and what the fans like but for sure it's going to be tough competition. But it's good when the competition is tough and fair, then everybody is happy and the best will win."

About the ORECA Group
    Originally a racing team, ORECA has expanded over 40 years of existence to cover many sectors of the auto racing industry. ORECA Racing, either through Team ORECA as a representative of the world's biggest marques, has won in all disciplines of racing, including the 24 Hours of Le Mans, 24 Hours of Daytona and 12 Hours of Sebring. ORECA-Store.com is a leader in France of racing equipment and accessories sales, with over 30,000 items available to racers and fans alike, ORECA Events, championship organiser and events promoter, assists in the logistics of events for advertisers and constructors. Finally, with one of the top engine departments in Europe, ORECA Technology's design bureau and various top tier installations have allowed the group to become a racing car constructor. These four departments and unique experience make up the ORECA Group. « The Motorsport Company ».

ABOUT CytoSport®
    CytoSport®, Inc. is one of the largest sports nutrition companies in the United States and provides high quality nutritional products to help athletes and active lifestyle individuals achieve their peak performance potential. The company was founded in 1998 by father and son duo Greg and Mike Pickett, and operates its NSF International GMP for Sport™ registered facility at its headquarters in Benicia, Calif. The CytoSport team is dedicated to working with sports scientists, coaches and trainers to redefine protein-enhanced products to promote workout recovery, lean muscle growth and sustained energy. CytoSport helps in building athletes from the inside out™ with a complete line of powders, shakes and bars and is the parent company to Muscle Milk®, an award-winning protein line used by professional athletes, collegiate athletic departments and fitness enthusiasts everywhere. CytoSport was named 2009 Small Company of the Year at the annual Beverage Forum presented by Beverage Magazine and Beverage Marketing Corporation and was named one of CircleUp25's 2013 most innovative companies according to Forbes.

Karina Redmond
    Muscle Milk Pickett Racing
    Public Relations Manager

:xmasbiggrin:

Thankyou Karina for the team press release.

I like the look of the new car.

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    That's indeed sad news! I don't watch endurance racing very much because no one is broadcasting it but I Always felt that Mcnish is a real personality and also a good driver
    For me, Allan, is, one the the best Enduro drivers. He nows when to push, and when he does, its all out attack and amazing to watch. The WEC is broadcast live on the FIA WEC website and commentry over radiolemans.com. Always great coverage. It is alos on Motors TV, if you have it.:xmasbiggrin:

For me, Allan, is, one the the best Enduro drivers. He nows when to push, and when he does, its all out attack and amazing to watch. The WEC is broadcast live on the FIA WEC website and commentry over radiolemans.com. Always great coverage. It is alos on Motors TV, if you have it.:xmasbiggrin:
    I haven't got Motors TV but I will definitely have a look at the WEC website from now on, thank you :xmasbiggrin:

Twitter tells me that Ferrari may enter the WEC in 2015 utilizing the powertrain being developed for 2014 F1.
    Ive also read that it may be based on the La Ferrari.

PORSCHE NAMES LIEB AND HARTLEY FOR LMP1 PROGRAMME

15/12/2013 - 08h14

Porsche AG has announced its full driver line up for the 2014 FIA World Endurance Championship, and the name the all-new LMP1 prototype will be known as.

Young New Zealander Brendon Hartley (24), who this year has been making his mark in the European Le Mans Series, will be joining long-standing Porsche works driver Marc Lieb (33) from Germany as the final two drivers in the German team's line up.

The duo will be racing the Porsche 919 hybrid, together with the already announced Timo Bernhard (DE, 32), Romain Dumas (FR, 36), Neel Jani (CH, 30) and the Australian Mark Webber (37).

Hartley left his homeland early to advance his racing career in Europe. Following on from successes in Formula Renault and Formula 3 came the long-awaited Formula 1 contract – as a test driver but with precious little chance to race. Hence, parallel to his F1 commitments, Hartley turned to sports car racing. He said: “I’m incredibly proud that Porsche has chosen me. I was deeply impressed at my first outing in Le Mans. But to compete there in the LMP1 for an iconic company like Porsche is another dimension completely.”

Marc Lieb was 20 years old when his career as a race driver at Porsche took off: In the year 2000, he won the Porsche Junior driver selection. In addition to a raft of class victories, he also scored five overall wins at 24 hour races, four times on the Nürburgring, once at Spa. “I have been fortunate enough to celebrate victories with Porsche all over the world,” said Lieb, “even in the GT class at Le Mans. People there always asked when we would return to the LMP1 class. Since the project was given the go-ahead, I only wanted one thing: to be involved. Le Mans and Porsche, I can’t even begin to describe how excited this makes me feel.”

Porsche press release.
    Is there a reason Mark is the only one without an overall on?

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Is there a reason Mark is the only one without an overall on?
    Think as it is because he isnt fully Porsche driver yet, and still RBR, and cannt wear other teams overalls/logos. Think form Jan, he will be able to wear Porsche gear.

24 HOURS OF LE MANS 2014 - TWELVE TEAMS INVITED.

The results of the 24 Heures du Mans 2013 calendars American Le Mans Series, Asian Le Mans Series and European Le Mans Series, twelve teams have won invitations to participate in qualifying for the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2014, which represents the potential liability of 13 cars in 56 places at the start June 14.

Note that OAK Racing is offered two invitations, one team in this case in 2014.

OAK Racing victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in LM P2 and victory in the Asian Le Mans Series LM P2. Invitations LM P2.
    Other teams invited receiving an invitation are:

Audi Sport Team Joest: victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in LM P1. Invitation in the LM P1.
    Team Manthey Porsche AG: victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in LM GTE Pro. Invitation in LM GTE Pro.
    IMSA Performance MATMUT: victory in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in LM GTE Am Invitation in LM GTE Am
    Muscle Milk Pickett Racing designated by the American Le Mans Series. Invitation in LM P2.
    Risi Competizione: designated by the American Le Mans Series. Invitation in LM GTE Pro.
    AF Corse: victory in the Asian Le Mans Series GTC class. Invitation in LM GTE Am
    Craft Racing AMR: 2nd Asian Le Mans Series GTC class. Invitation in LM GTE Am
    Signatech Alpine: win European Le Mans Series LM P2. Invitation in LM P2.
    RAM Racing: victory in the European Le Mans Series LM GTE. Invitation in LM GTE Pro Am or the competitor's choice.
    Proton Competition: second European Le Mans Series LM GTE. Invitation in LM GTE Pro Am or the competitor's choice.
    Team Endurance Challenge victory in the European Le Mans Series LM PC. Invitation in LM P2.
    Each invitation will only be granted if the car in question is committed in 2014 in one of the following series: Asian Le Mans Series, European Le Mans Series and Tudor United SportsCar Championship.

Commitments to the 24 Hours of Le Mans 2014 World Endurance Championship FIA European Le Mans Series and are open from Thursday, December 19. The fence is 30 January 2014.

Complete lists of entries in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2014 and the World Endurance Championship FIA will be revealed Thursday, February 13, 2014.
    http://www.24h-lemans.com/fr/actuali...707_13553.html

GUESTS OF THE LE MANS 24 HOURS: NEWS AND RETURNS
    Of the twelve teams whose results in 2013 earned an invitation from office the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2014, there are a few newcomers, while others will make their return in the Sarthe.

Titled for the second consecutive year in LM P1 in the American Le Mans Series, Muscle Milk Pickett Racing has decided to engage in LM P2 with Oreca chassis Tudor United Sportscar Series, the new American series of endurance in 2014. This will allow him to come in the Sarthe in this category, the tray looks at least as important in 2013. Among future debutantes 24 Hours 2014 Craft Racing AMR, based in Hong Kong and supported by Aston Martin, has not hidden from the checkered flag in the last race Asian Le Mans Series in Sepang (Malaysia), his enthusiasm and motivation to honor his invitation in LM GTE Am GT Still, the British team Ram Racing reinforces the strength of Ferrari, always consistent at Le Mans. If we find driving Johnny Mowlem and Matt Griffin, two experts who were his GT drivers in 2013, it could play spoilsport.

Among the representatives of the Prancing Horse, a team made a remarkable comeback especially as it has a solid reputation and an impressive record in the Sarthe. Property Sicilian Giuseppe Risi Ferrari dealership in Houston, Risi Competizione has imposed two consecutive years in GT at Le Mans (2008 and 2009) with the F430 and was for several years the representative of Ferrari in the American Le Mans Series. Under the surname Doyle / Risi, Giuseppe Risi Ferrari also offered his last victory category prototypes in 1998 with the 333 SP (eighth overall). This would be for Risi Competizione its first appearance at Le Mans in its own colors with the 458 Italia, having provided technical support to the French team Luxury Racing, who signed with Frédéric Makowiecki pole position in LM GTE Pro in 2012 .

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! Risi heading to Le-Mans next year.:xmasbiggrin:

Cannt wait to see Muscle Milk Pickett also.

Mike Fuller @Mulsanne Corner has gone over the new Audi R18 and here is link to his site giving detail to the new car.

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsnov13.html

:xmasbiggrin:

PORSCHE FACTORY DRIVERS NAMED FOR TUDOR CHAMPIONSHIP.

PATRICK LONG, RICHARD LIETZ, NICK TANDY, MICHAEL CHRISTENSEN NAMED AS SEASON-LONG DRIVERS.

Stuttgart/Atlanta - Porsche AG and Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) have announced the factory drivers who will compete for the 2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship in the PORSCHE NORTH AMERICA CORE autosport-prepared Porsche 911 RSR GT-Le Mans class entries.

Car no. 911 will be driven by Nick Tandy (Great Britain) and Richard Lietz (Austria), while car no. 912 will compete with Patrick Long (USA) and Michael Christensen (Denmark) at the helm, with two additional Porsche factory drivers – Patrick Pilet (France) and Joerg Bergmeister (Germany) - joining the teams for the upcoming Rolex 24 at Daytona.

The no. 911Tandy/Lietz/Pilet Porsche and the no. 912 Long/Christensen/Bergmeister entry will make their on-track debut at the ROAR Before the Rolex 24, January 3 – 5, 2014. The effort will utilize the new Porsche 911 RSR, the same as the 2013 24 Hours of Le Mans LM GTE-Pro class-winning entries. The headquarters for the program will be at Porsche Motorsport North America (PMNA) in Santa Ana, Calif. CORE autosport, Rock Hill, South Carolina, will act as the competition partner for the program.

There is a wealth of endurance racing championship experience with this driver lineup, with Lietz scoring class wins at both the Rolex 24 (2012) and the 24 Hours of Le Mans (2010, 2013); and Patrick Long winning his class at the Rolex 24 (2009), 12 Hours of Sebring (2005), 24 Hours of Le Mans (2004, 2007), and Petit Le Mans (2005, 2006, 2007). Christensen, in his first year as a Porsche Junior in 2013, finished sixth in the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup series season standings with one event win in addition to the Rookie of the Year title. Tandy finished the 2013 American Le Mans Series with a flare by co-driving the Team Falken Tire Porsche to the GT class victory at Petit Le Mans. As for the Rolex 24 third driver additions, Bergmeister and Pilet are endurance veterans as well. Bergmeister has won the Rolex 24 (2002, 2003, 2009), 12 Hours of Sebring (2004, 2005, 2008), 24 Hours of Le Mans (2004), and Petit Le Mans 2003 – 2007). Pilet, a former Porsche Carrera Cup France champion, has a win at the 24 Hours of Dubai to his credit.
    The 2014 Rolex 24 at Daytona will take place January 25 – 26, 2014.

The 2014 Porsche 911 RSR

The new 911 RSR is based on the seventh generation of the iconic 911 sports car and follows in the footsteps of its successful predecessor, the 911 GT3 RSR. The new 911 RSR featured a win in its very first 24 Hours of Le Mans appearance in 2013. As with the production vehicle, the wheelbase grew by about four inches. A new development from Porsche Motorsport is the lightweight racing gearbox with the six forward gears selectable via paddles on the steering wheel. The 470 hp, 4.0-litre six-cylinder boxer engine was taken from the predecessor and optimized for 2014.

One of the development priorities of the new 911 RSR was finding a better weight distribution balance. The center of gravity is also significantly lower than that of its predecessor. Carbon fiber played a crucial role in the new design. The front and rear aero components, front and rear lids, doors, underbody, wheel arches, rear wing, dashboard and center console are constructed from the very light and strong material. Moreover, all windows are made of particularly thin and light polycarbonate. Also contributing to the weight reduction is the lithium-ion battery now available on many GT road-legal models.

The look of the new 911 RSR is dominated by the flared aero components and the deep cooling air intakes at the front. With a new air ducting, the radiator is now centrally-located in the front and even more effective than in the previous model. At the same time, the cockpit air-conditioning became more efficient. The quick-change concept of the body parts was specially adapted for endurance racing, allowing for easier maintenance and shorter repair times. The front end, front lid and rear panel are fitted with quick release systems and can be replaced within seconds.

Low positioned static cornering lights provide improved vision and enhanced safety during the night. The reflective labeling and anti-glare lighting of the control elements in the cockpit help ensure optimal legibility in the dark. The arrangement of the switches on the new steering wheel and the pilot-oriented center console were designed in co-operation with the ten Porsche works drivers. All works drivers took part in the design of the 911 RSR contributing their vast experience in GT racing.

In order to keep the engineers in the pits up-to-date with all relevant vehicle data, the live telemetry transmits more than 200 different measurements straight to the pit wall stand via an antenna on the roof. Additionally, all data is stored on a memory card onboard the vehicle.
    Source:
    Porsche
    - See more at: http://www.imsa.com/articles/porsche....zIz20qUw.dpuf