Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Bull’s Horner visited Ferrari

Red Bull’s Horner visited Ferrari

Rumours Red Bull team boss Christian Horner recently visited Maranello emerged on Wednesday.

The German website motorsport-total.com reported leaks about the Briton’s secret Ferrari visit have been made to the Italian media.

The report said Horner met with Ferrari’s head of human resources, Mario Mairano, probably last month.

“The thought is that this is an attempt to indirectly gain access to the services of star designer Adrian Newey,” wrote journalist Christian Nimmervoll.

It is believed Horner and Newey always sign and renew their Red Bull contracts together.

Horner, understood to have a Red Bull contract until at least 2014, has also been previously linked to Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali’s job.

http://www.f1zone.net/news/red-bulls...ferrari/17468/

Some guys from the press seem to be seriously bored.

Is Horner, Newey's agent or something?, this article makes zero sense, if there was a meeting, probably it was to talk about general issues with F1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Some guys from the press seem to be seriously bored.
    This was written for the first time by Leo Turrini, F1 and Ferrari expert, and often called "the unofficial voice of Ferrari", when Leo writes something you can be sure it's not a rumor.
    He also said (a while ago) that Domenicali, in response to this, had serious talks with a German car manufacturer currently not active in F1.
    That Ferrari had talks with Vettel is not a secret, one of Vettel's demands was that Newey and Horner would follow him to Maranello, well Ferrari would have no problem with Newey coming to Maranello of course.

But this also shows us Domenicali is not untouchable, and if or when the right person comes along, Ferrari might very well replace him (Brawn?) it's a bit strange that this story is coming out simultaneously with the Paddy Lowe to Mercedes and Nick Fry and Ross Brawn leaving Mercedes rumors don't you think?
    Or maybe the whole thing didn't work out, but Ferrari is leaking this just to create some rumors within Red Bull.
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

I have a slightly different opinion about Turrini.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    I have a slightly different opinion about Turrini.
    Really? please tell me, i always enjoy his blogs, and he is very well connected within Ferrari.
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

All this talk about team principles and engineers moving around in F1 may well be a story made up by a bored motor racing journo with nothing to do off season. But, there is an old saying "no smoke without fire" and another "many a true word spoken in jest". With the exception of Ross Brawn I doubt any of the gentlemen mentioned will move without a push, so watch this space!!

I don't believe this story at all! And I don't want Horner at Ferrari either...

Vettel want Horner and Newey at Ferrari? Newey doesn't want to leave GB, maybe in some years time when his children are grown up? I don't know.

Then the rumour about Horner... I don't believe ONE word. I don't think Horner would be so important if Ferrari had Newey and I don't think Horner would go to Maranello, not even in disguise (maybe if he wants to buy a road car).

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Really? please tell me, i always enjoy his blogs, and he is very well connected within Ferrari.
    He likes to think he is well connected. Most of what he writes is toxic air only consumed by obsessed Kimi fans.

Quote Originally Posted by type056 View Post

Horner, understood to have a Red Bull contract until at least 2014, has also been previously linked to Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali’s job.
    Er... when was that, exactly?!
    Forza Jules

Ha ha, they are fed up with Marko and dont want to work with him anymmore.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
    He likes to think he is well connected. Most of what he writes is toxic air only consumed by obsessed Kimi fans.
    This. Unfortunately i can't write what i think of him as it wouldn't make it past the swear filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
    Are you sure we are talking about the same person, Leo Turrini's blogs are far from what you describe, it's well known that Turrini is very well connected within Ferrari, he's an authority on F1 in Italy, was a personal friend of Senna, strange that we have such different opinions.

"Most of what he writes is toxic air only consumed by obsessed Kimi fans" ????? I really don't recognise Turrini in that comment, and i read his QN profondo rosso blog daily, but everybody is entitled to his or her opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    if there was a meeting, probably it was to talk about general issues with F1.
    Now that sounds more plausible.

Forza Jules

1 Horner and Newey's contracts are in fact connected to eachother.
    2 Both contracts expire at the end of the coming season.
    3 Horner really did visit Ferrari.

Those three are facts. But is there a connection between the first 2 and fact nr 3?
    I have no idea....
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    1 Horner and Newey's contracts are in fact connected to eachother.
    2 Both contracts expire at the end of the coming season.
    3 Horner really did visit Ferrari.

Those three are facts. But is there a connection between the first 2 and fact nr 3?
    I have no idea....
    The connection is Vettel, if he comes to Ferrari, one of his demands was that Newey and Horner would follow.

The connection is Vettel, if he comes to Ferrari, one of his demands was that Newey and Horner would follow.

Taking a page out of the book of another German ferrarista

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    As "they" say: Ask and ye shall receive!

Are you sure we are talking about the same person, Leo Turrini's blogs are far from what you describe... everybody is entitled to his or her opinion of course.
    Maybe something gets lost in the translation?

So, Vettel wants Horner and Newey with him at Ferrari? So it would be like a Red 'Red Bull' ... Well stuff it Vettel, I don't want you in a Ferrari, I don't want Horner at Ferrari either, and as for Newey, I'd rather beat his cars.

Forza Ferrari!

I agree 100% with you on that FerrariFanBoii!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFanBoii View Post
    So, Vettel wants Horner and Newey with him at Ferrari? So it would be like a Red 'Red Bull' ... Well stuff it Vettel, I don't want you in a Ferrari, I don't want Horner at Ferrari either, and as for Newey, I'd rather beat his cars.

Forza Ferrari!
    You gave me quite a shock there for a moment

Well Domenicali have ruled out Vettel in Ferrari while Alonso is here, and I don't see Alonso going anywhere else next year.

But I can certainly see the possibility of that, wherever Vettel go next, its possible he want Horner, and ESPECIALLY NEWEY.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFanBoii View Post

Forza Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    But I can certainly see the possibility of that, wherever Vettel go next, its possible he want Horner, and ESPECIALLY NEWEY.
    May be not. I am sure Vettel knows deep down that entire paddock & F1 fraternity (except Marko) see all his success down to 'Newey brilliance'.
    He would be itching to prove that he can win in a non-Newey car or else he doesn't care about what everybody thinks & only interested in racking up records
    Last edited by Rishu; 24th January 2013 at 04:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I'm not familiar with all the English sayings, what exactely does this mean? Sounds like something funny

Have to say thet Massimo's interpretation of what was written by this guy is probably quite correct, as his first language is Italian! However, although it sounds quite possible but hopefully unlikely, we all know how the Italian media like to cause controversy and create stories to wind up their readers and the tifosi in particular. I sincerely hope it's all hot air, and the thought of a Prancing Horse and Red Bull procreation goes completely against the spirit of Ferrari! Vai via, Horner et al.

I'm not familiar with all the English sayings, what exactely does this mean? Sounds like something funny
    Ciao, Massimo! I'm pretty certain Tifoso was referring to Schumi, who is German and was with Ferrari!
    Not quite an oxymoron; but, quite entertaining!!

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    Ciao, Massimo! I'm pretty certain Tifoso was referring to Schumi, who is German and was with Ferrari!
    Not quite an oxymoron; but, quite entertaining!!
    Ah,thank you for the English lesson Sagi! And with "taking the page out of the book" you mean Vettel is/was trying to copy Schumacher?

Yes, Massimo, pretty sure that's what Tifoso meant, you don't need any English lessons either, you make more sense than many of us who are Inglesi! Bravo, and how's your Dutch?!