Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Pre Season test - Jerez - All info and photos here

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...eb-to-3-March-
    Not sure if it was posted, but looks like Sky will be bringing Live coverage of the last 4 days in Barcelona.
    Interesting! Thank Heavens for Skygo!
    Trying to be less angry..

pics from today (click to enlarge)

Thanks for posting tifosi1993!

Worrying about times is a futile effort at this point. Even Jenson said yesterday, after he posted a flyer, that testing lap times are meaningless. If an F1 driver, and former world champion at that says don't worry about times why are many people on here worrying? You have seen that we are running twice the fuel of a lot of teams. You are seeing that we are running straight-line aero tests etc. You would think by now we all know that Ferrari likes to run a program that is completely different than the other teams. Just look at all the practice sessions last year.

The most important thing is that the wind-tunnel and simulator are accurate and that Massa, Fry, and Stefano keep having positive things to say. Remember this car is an "Alpha" test car. Remember that next tests car will be a "Beta" car. According to our leaders we have a lot of updates to bring and we are merely interested in correlation at this time.

Everyone calm down.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Back to the business. This car is beautiful. The design is aggressive and I love the rear wing slots. Can't wait for Melbourne!!!

Forza Ferrari!!!
    Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    @Anakin,

@Hermann,

Venting, but at least we're having fun now, you know what, if Ferrari doesn't score a podium in Melbourne, i'll change my signature to: "rule#1 Hermann is always right, rule#2 in case of doubt, refer to rule#1"

@mods. Strange that you moved the thread, a lot of people were asking wat Ferrari was doing.

I did not claim to be 'right'. I'm merely having my doubts, but of course i hope the car will be in shape come Melbourne. I was just quoting AMuS- not that i think they are always right.

i hear we still use last year FW right?

Any pics on the different exhausts we were testing in the afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Ferrari 1.6 sec. McLaren almost 1.5 sec., Red Bull and the praised Sauber well over a second of the pace.
    The dominant teams this year will be Lotus, Force India and Torro Rosso, hmm...interesting season
    Agree 100% with you, Massimo. Would just like to add Marussia. Not sure about Caterham yet.
    Addio Signor Enzo. Ciao Gilles.

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Thanks for posting tifosi1993!
    You are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    Any pics on the different exhausts we were testing in the afternoon?

Relentless work in Jerez

Jerez de la Frontera, 6 February – Work goes on relentlessly in the Scuderia Ferrari garage, with the F138 back in action for the second day of testing at the Jerez de la Frontera circuit, as all the teams entered in this year’s Formula 1 World Championship tackle their first four day test session. The afternoon was given over to aerodynamic testing and long runs, with Felipe Massa completing a total of 78 laps. A large amount of data has been acquired relating to the various exhaust configurations tried during the morning and this will now be analysed by the engineers, to add to what they learned yesterday relating to the car’s behaviour.

Quickest today was Romain Grosjean in the Lotus with a time of 1:18.218, ahead of the Force India of Paul di Resta (1:19.003) and Daniel Ricciardo in the Toro Rosso (1:19.134)

Felipe Massa was eighth quickest in the F138 with a time of 1:19.914, on a short time sheet that featured eleven other drivers. The Scuderia engineers are not bothered about lap times, preferring to concentrate on getting on with items on the job sheet, so as to plan the work for the remaining two days, with the Brazilian again at the wheel tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...eb-to-3-March-
    Not sure if it was posted, but looks like Sky will be bringing Live coverage of the last 4 days in Barcelona.
    Wow, in 3D too

Anyway, that's great news. I hope vipbox will have internet stream of it for the rest of us who live outside UK

F2012 was behind the top cars. This car right now has a lot of F2012 spec parts on it still. While others have improved their cars and may have more 2013 spec parts.
    Fry did say the car right now is 3 months behind what they have got in the wind tunnel, so there is considerable improvement to be made, just in testing.

Ferrari weren't even trying for times so they don't matter.

But I do believe that we are a little behind as the F2012 was behind the other cars who have had a lot more time to work on their cars as well.

BUT don't think this is just us. Lotus went quickest last year as well so this is irrelevant and RedBull are having understeer issues as Gary Anderson and Mark Webber said. They are also a little behind in terms of dev.

GA did say our car looked a ;little nervous but yesterday he said it was fine and Felipe was able to drive it well. As for AMuS and their theory, well Ferrari has been very transparent with us so they have no reason to lie this time round. AMuS for preseason gets a little dodgy. I think they predicted once that Mercedes would be fastest in 2012.

Saying all that, Jerez test isn't that important. If it was, Alonso would be here.

I now hope Pedro has some good news with the correlation.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

@medeni73

I guess the changes are very small, because the exhaust look the same to me in all the pics I can find from today.

Cool

We are doomed ,its all over! A.N.U.S. blogger said we suck !

Guys, would you stop please ?! Dear God!

Stop complaining. How can you be true Ferrari tifosis if you don't believe at all in what your favourite team is doing?! Come the season time, and if the car proves your oppinions, then start worrying.

What do you want? The best times on all tests and then when RBR and McLaren start pushing in the season to be off the pace like in 2011?!

No, thank's please. I better have them doing the aero tests to check data, to understand the car and everything and gradually improve it by bringing much more efficient updates for Melbourne.

I know it's satisfying to see Felipe toping the time sheets or be right up there, but this is not what we need now.

I have a feel that this car will be very quick, so stay pacient and calm.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by radosav View Post
    We are doomed ,its all over! A.N.U.S. blogger said we suck !

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    @medeni73

I guess the changes are very small, because the exhaust look the same to me in all the pics I can find from today.
    http://www.clausell-f1.com/modificac...-ferrari-f138/

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Massa explains slow morning for Ferrari

Felipe Massa explained that Ferrari's lack of pace on Tuesday morning was due to a need to do aerodynamic analysis on the F138.

While many eyes were on Mercedes after Lewis Hamilton's crash early in the day, Massa went through most of the morning without setting a representative lap time and was propping up the timesheets for the first half of the day. Massa said that the team had to carry out constant speed aero tests to analyse new parts and as a result he never got the opportunity to put together a quick lap time.

"Today, we concentrated 100% on the aerodynamic side and on the exhausts," Massa said. "In the morning, I didn't even do a flying lap because we used the time available to do constant speed runs and to analyse various aerodynamic solutions.

"All the changes to the car took longer than planned, but in the afternoon, I managed to do three long runs which were very important in order to understand which direction we need to follow in the coming days."

Massa will again drive the Ferrari on Thursday before development driver Pedro de la Rosa takes over on Friday.

http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsp...tml?CMP=chrome
    Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Spirit View Post
    Agree 100% with you, Massimo. Would just like to add Marussia. Not sure about Caterham yet.
    HRT should have stayed and they would have a chance to match Ferrari and McLaren.

Enough, some of you guys! Why even bother to follow these testing sessions if all you're going to do is wonder why we aren't setting the pace? Be realisitc and accept that these are exercises to test the systems/tyre behaviour/aero/cooling etc and to see which direction is appropriate for further development. Yes, it would be great to see the F138 top of the time sheets but we all know how unreliable that information can be when it comes to quali and race. Please stop trying to over-analyse and dampen our spirits so early in the proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post

Haha.. whats that on the left of the exhaust? turn indicators?
    Silently, like a shadow

Re: 1st Pre Season test - Jerez - All info and photos here

Temp sensors, they do look like indicators, with the FIA around it wouldn't surprise me!

Sent from my EndeavorU
    Forza Ferrari!

I still cant take my eyes off our rear end. What a beauty! Cant believe how small it all is

Quote Originally Posted by giodap View Post
    I still cant take my eyes off our rear end. What a beauty! Cant believe how small it all is
    it's NOT the size that matters, it's HOW you work it....LOL
    jokes aside, i think this F138 has a lot of potential we haven't see yet...so no need about the doom and gloom of what some of you may think...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Since we have been talking about possible overheating, can this be from a fire extinguisher?

Sure looks that way.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

just the aero paint?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Since we have been talking about possible overheating, can this be from a fire extinguisher?

for me it's more like a flow vis paint!!
    probably they use white because it's more visible in the black back end.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!