Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Pre Season test - Jerez - All info and photos here

+1.675 off the pace at the end of day 1.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by anialonso View Post
    They dont leave a single chance to hit back at Ferrari..
    Hope we silence them..
    Maybe somebody should remain Autosport that the "visibly unpleasant-to-drive Ferrari" fought until the last race for one of the titles, and ended up being the runner up in both categories. Not ideal but far better than other 10 teams in the grid, if I am not mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    From what i read, everybody is really impressed by the rear of the Ferrari, have to say it looks amazing, very tight and clean, the car looks very good in the corners, and to be honest, i think the best is still to come.
    I'm expecting a new diffuser, and hope they can get the passive DRS to work.
    I have a really good feeling about this car, my prediction? Ferrari will be in great shape in Melbourne.

Per Sempre Forza Ferrari!
    curious as to what your predictions were at the start of 2012?
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    +1.675 off the pace at the end of day 1.
    Some people never seem to learn...These times don't mean a thing!

Everyone says that about Free Practice... And yet last year the person who usually topped FP got Pole and Won the race.. And we qualified around where are FP positions were.... Soooooo....

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFanBoii View Post
    Everyone says that about Free Practice... And yet last year the person who usually topped FP got Pole and Won the race.. And we qualified around where are FP positions were.... Soooooo....
    well said.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    curious as to what your predictions were at the start of 2012?
    Well, the news coming from Jerez, last year was not the best, so my expectations were low, but i'm a positive person by nature, so every year i like to think Ferrari will take the title(s).
    And 2 out of the last 3 year it took until the last race, to accept defeat.
    Difference from 2012 is that the first signs are encouraging now.
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Quote Originally Posted by number 13 View Post
    I am not calling doom and gloom, however, times do mean something. They are not completely irrelevant as you make them out to be.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

This aint FP, not a race weekend, where we have to work on the setup. Car is also far from where it's gonna be at Australia. Numerious years have showed that preseason test times show not only nothing, but rather oftenly the opposite. The only way you could see how's everyone doing, is by being there and seeing how the car goes around the corners. So far, everyone who is there said nothing but good things about our car, it being planted well on the track. Last year we pulled 1st, 2nd place flyers here, but we heard talks about how it looked bad on the track and it turned out to be so.

I am not calling doom and gloom, however, times do mean something. They are not completely irrelevant as you make them out to be.
    These times no they don't mean a thing.It's the first day of the tests and the team had a program to go through that neither you nor me know about.So i will say just wait and see till Q3 in Australia.

tedkravitz Ted Kravitz 17s
    Good news Ferrari fans.. Felipe says the car is a 'good balanced base' - a 'huge difference to last year' pic.twitter.com/5dPrOgwx

there ya go

Come on man, Felipe was doing short stints, installation laps, aero tests, collecting data, trying different parts, and you're comparing that against Jenson's low fuel, soft tyre, glory run?
    Oh yeah, and McLaren lost half a days work.
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Practice times are relevant; but their relevance is different if we are talking FP1 on a Friday before a race or the first day of getting the cars out during the winter test!

It would have been better to see Massa up front, but let's wait till Friday before we start making any predictions.

I think tomorrow Felipe will put his foot down more...

Racing is life and life is a risk - Michael schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    tedkravitz Ted Kravitz 17s
    Good news Ferrari fans.. Felipe says the car is a 'good balanced base' - a 'huge difference to last year' pic.twitter.com/5dPrOgwx

That's enough for me!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Some pics of our red beauty from today's testing

One more:
    Adam Cooper @adamcooperf1

#F12 Crucially Ferrari is well ahead of where it was this time last year - "a completely different planet," said @Felipe1Massa

So far it sounds good.

jesus how many same quotes will you post today ? :D it was good today , looking forward for the next days

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    This aint FP, not a race weekend, where we have to work on the setup. Car is also far from where it's gonna be at Australia. Numerious years have showed that preseason test times show not only nothing, but rather oftenly the opposite. The only way you could see how's everyone doing, is by being there and seeing how the car goes around the corners. So far, everyone who is there said nothing but good things about our car, it being planted well on the track. Last year we pulled 1st, 2nd place flyers here, but we heard talks about how it looked bad on the track and it turned out to be so.
    This is all that really needs to be said on this subject...

Not really and a race weekend is very very different to pre season testing, but if you want to draw conclusions from day 1 of testing then you can do so off course
    Forza Ferrari

Allow me please to applause the guys that believe the car is some sort of a failure again or slow!

C'mon! Don't be funny.

As to the test, very glad to hear positive impressions about the car from different people. It's one thing when one person says smth., and a completely different one when you hear that from more.

I'll very calmly follow the rest of the tests as I'm hell sure they know very well what they're doing. So, to those that are worrying about the off-pace result from today, stay calm and Forza Ferrari!
    Ferrari per sempre !

some more pics

Generally I don't like to read much into the first day of testing, but the tone from the team and track observers seems to be much more positive than it was last year which is definitely a good sign....

Any truth to the rumours that the Ferrari was designed in Toyota's second, older, wind tunnel as the newer one was being used only by McLaren?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Massa: 2013 Ferrari a different world compared to poor '12 car

Felipe Massa says Ferrari is on a 'different planet' compared to the difficult situation it found itself in during pre-season Formula 1 testing last year, after getting his first impressions of the new F138 at Jerez on Tuesday.

The Brazilian ended the day sixth on the timesheets, but was not too worried about the lap times, because most importantly Ferrari had banished the prospect of a repeat of 2012's opening test nightmare.

"I think if you compare to last year it is a completely different planet," said Massa, when asked by AUTOSPORT about how his first day's running with the new car compared to 12 months ago.

"Last year I remember we were struggling a lot to drive the car. It was tricky to keep the car on the track, so this year the base on the car is completely different to last year.

"The car is much more balanced. I felt a good direction on the rear of the car as well, with traction. This is a track that is very difficult on the rear, degradation is very high. I would say that the difference to last year is huge."

Massa said early issues with the F138 have cropped up - like the need to improve cooling in the cockpit - but there were no alarm bells ringing about significant performance problems.

"I don't think it is a difficult thing to fix," he said. "I am not disappointed definitely.

"The 1m18.8s [lap time of Jenson Button] is an incredible time definitely, but the 1m19.7s [of second fastest Mark Webber] I don't think is.

"If you look at the first day, looking at how we ran, how we drove and the direction we had for the first day, I am not really disappointed.

"There is a lot to do, a lot to work on, a lot to develop on the car for the first race. That is clear. But I am not disappointed."

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Edwards
    BBC F1 technical analyst Gary Anderson and I watched at various points around the track on Tuesday, and while it's impossible to see which car is going to be a winner just from observing, certain aspects of the cars' behaviour are instructive.

The Lotus looks nimble in the hands of Romain Grosjean, while the Red Bull of Mark Webber appeared to be running on a heavy fuel load in these early sessions, the car reacting more slowly on turn-in and acceleration than when light of fuel.

The Toro Rosso of Daniel Ricciardo looked promising in the slower corners, as the back of the car looks responsive to his inputs, while Paul di Resta was silky smooth and consistent in the Force India. The car appears to turn in well, it rides over kerbs and bumps with minimal deflection and he set a competitive time with absolutely no drama.

This circuit at Jerez is not typical of many current F1 tracks, and a car that is fast here may not necessarily be on the pace elsewhere, but it can still give clues.

We came across 1982 world champion Keke Rosberg - Nico's father - watching from one of the final corners, and he wasn't too impressed with the Ferrari of Felipe Massa, and thought that Pastor Maldonado was a bit ragged while pushing hard. That made Gary and me smile, as the Finn was well known for his hard-charging technique.

Maldonado's car is in fact the 2012 version with some updates, and Williams are the only team not to have unveiled their new car as yet. Perhaps this explains the Venezuelan's abandon - he may well feel a little less sense of responsibility than drivers who are out in the brand new cars, for which spare parts will be at a premium.
    Lucky world champion bashing Ferrari. Old fool.

Quote Originally Posted by number 13 View Post
    They have for the last few years, at least with regards to our ultimate performance.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    -----
    My imagination, or does the car look more "stuck to the track" than last year?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Circuit: Jerez circuit – 4.428 km
    Driver: Felipe Massa
    Car: Ferrari F138
    Weather: air temperature 7/22 °C, track temperature 6/27 °C. Sunny.

http://www.ferrari.com/english/formu...-the-f138.aspx

Jerez Test Session - Debut of the F138

Maranello, 5 February - First day of testing in 2013 for Scuderia Ferrari, as the F138 made its debut with Felipe Massa at the wheel.

The entire day was given over almost entirely to acquiring data relating to the behaviour of the new car: Felipe completed a total of 64 laps, the quickest in a time of 1.20.536.

Testing continues at this circuit tomorrow, again with the Brazilian driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    My imagination, or does the car look more "stuck to the track" than last year?
    People at the track saying it is. Felipe said the back of the car felt good, which is probably the reason it looks great in the corners.