Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2013 MotoGP Thread

Marquez fastest as Pedrosa misses Warm-Up

marquez warm up sachsenring motogp
    Sunday, 14 July 2013

Marc Marquez, pole-sitter for the eni Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland, has topped the Warm-Up session ahead of Sunday’s race. On the other side of the Repsol Honda Team garage, it is yet to be confirmed as to whether Dani Pedrosa will race, having missed the morning session due to feeling unwell.
    With World Champion Jorge Lorenzo already out of action after further damaging his left collarbone on Friday, championship leader Pedrosa suffered a small fracture to his own left collarbone as he experienced a large highside crash on Saturday morning.

Following a Sunday morning medical check-up, Pedrosa has been officially declared ‘fit’ to race, but complained of dizziness and therefore did not take part in the Warm-Up. If he is ultimately able to race, he will start from 12th position on the grid.

In the Warm-Up itself, Marquez topped the timesheets with 1’21.895, whereas there was another crash when Nicky Hayden lost control of his Ducati Team bike at Turn 3. The 30-lap race at the Sachsenring will start at 2pm local time (GMT +2).
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

What an heroic ride from Cal C. - especially with hands 'like raw meat' as the commentator so delicately put it! Great courage!

That was a tense one, Cal needs to make better starts though or he wouldn't have to fight his way back up to the podium positions all the time.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    That was a tense one, Cal needs to make better starts though or he wouldn't have to fight his way back up to the podium positions all the time.

Yup, he was swamped, but was that him or the bike?

He's said it's because of being so heavy with fuel at the beginning, something to do with the positioning of the fuel tank on the bike that makes it difficult to manage.
    Forza Jules

He's said it's because of being so heavy with fuel at the beginning, something to do with the positioning of the fuel tank on the bike that makes it difficult to manage.
    Ah-ha.

New scan for Pedrosa reveals complete collarbone fracture
    pedrosa update after laguna
    Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa has given details of his physical condition in his latest blog post, stating that a recent medical examination undertaken in Barcelona has revealed a complete collarbone fracture in his injured shoulder.
    Pedrosa returned to Europe satisfied with his fifth place finish in Sunday’s Laguna Seca race and now that a complete fracture has been detected his performance in the U.S. seems only more heroic.

The additional medical tests Pedrosa underwent in Barcelona this week have shown that his injury is more severe than first diagnosed, with the rider himself commenting online, “The race was quite unusual for me due to my injury, but anyway my feeling was ok and I finished not too far behind the leaders. The goal I set myself was to finish as close to the front as possible and I managed to do just that.”

“Having put in such an effort it was important to see how the collarbone was affected and the latest test I had was a 3D CT scan, which revealed more than was shown up in my initial tests due to swelling and limited visibility of the injury. The latest scan shows a complete fracture,” Pedrosa explained.

The Spaniard went on to add, “The key thing is that it’s not a displaced fracture and it wasn’t pushed out of shape in the race, so there is no need for an operation. It’s relatively good news and within a fortnight I’ll have another check-up. I’ll do some physio during the holidays in order to recover well in time for Indianapolis.”

Pedrosa currently sits second in the championship, 16 points behind his teammate Marc Marquez at the top of the standings.

Casey Stoner to test for HRC

Stoner to test with HRC
    Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Casey Stoner will climb back on a Honda RC213V, for the first time since Valencia 2012, as a test rider for Honda Racing Corporation. The two-time World Champion left the sport at the end of last year and has been linked with rumours of a wild card appearance this season but this is now out of the question.

The Australian rider will do four tests in Motegi in the next few months with Honda Racing's R&D team, working on the evolution of the RC213V and also on the new production racer bike that Honda Racing will sell to selected team next year to race in MotoGP.

Casey Stoner
    "It's been almost 9 months now since Valencia and I'm still happy and comfortable with the decision I made to stop racing. Sometimes I miss riding my RCV, so I am happy that HRC asked me to do some tests in Motegi this year. This will allow me to enjoy what I miss: riding a MotoGP bike! I'm looking forward to getting on the bike and see how i t has changed from last year and I'd like to thank Honda for this opportunity"

Shuhei Nakamoto - HRC Executive Vice President
    "We are very pleased to have Casey back on a Honda! He knows this machine very well and I'm sure he can help our engineers and technicians with the development of the RC213V. We will also ask him to test the new production racer and give us his initial feedback to assist us in producing the best machine possible"

2013 MotoGP Thread

I am pretty sure part of his heart regrets the decision to retire. I'd like to see him back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/23536326

Cal Crutchlow has signed a two-year deal to ride in MotoGP for the factory Ducati team in 2014 and 2015.
    The deal, to be announced on Friday, will see the British rider in a factory team for the first time in MotoGP.
    Crutchlow on his future
    "At the moment, my career seems to be on the up and I'm getting closer to the guys at the front and starting to challenge for wins.

"I don't want to take a step back, so the next thing is to be in a factory team, but it has to be the one with the right machinery."

Read more in Crutchlow's last BBC Sport blog

Crutchlow, 27, who has taken four podiums with his Tech 3 team this year, had initially wanted to stay with Yamaha but wanted assurances of a factory ride, which were not given.
    Crutchlow will replace 2006 world champion Nicky Hayden at Ducati.
    There are only three full factory teams in MotoGP - at Ducati, Yamaha and Repsol Honda.
    These six bikes benefit from updates and higher spec machinery before the other teams, who lease their bikes from the factories.
    The last British riders in a MotoGP factory team were Jeremy McWilliams and Shane Byrne with Aprilia Racing in 2004.
    Both Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi's contract with the factory Yamaha team run until 2015, while Repsol Honda have Spaniards Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa signed up.
    In May, Crutchlow revealed that Yamaha were in talks with Moto2 rider Pol Espargaro for a Tech 3 ride in 2014, angering Crutchlow who felt he deserved a factory contract. Crutchlow's team-mate, Bradley Smith, also has a contract with the satellite team for 2014, seemingly leaving the British rider without a ride in 2014.
    Yamaha though were keen for Crutchlow, who has finished as the top satellite rider in all but two races this year, to stay with the Tech 3 team.

Yamaha Motor Racing managing director Lin Jarvis revealed ongoing talks with Crutchlow's management team as late as this week, telling motogp.com: "Now is the time to make money in your career, so the main issue is that we are trying to see if we can put together an offer that is enough for him to stay."
    Crutchlow will rejoin former Tech 3 team-mate Andrea Dovizioso at Ducati next year. Dovizioso finished fourth in the championship for Tech 3 last year, but his best finish for Ducati this season has been a fourth place.

Ducati have struggled in recent years, not winning a race since Casey Stoner took victory at the Australian Grand Prix in 2010.
    Seven-time MotoGP champion Rossi rejoined Yamaha this year after a two-year spell with Ducati in which he only managed three podiums.
    The Audi takeover of Ducati has prompted big changes in the managerial side of the MotoGP project but they still remain without a single podium in 2013, with Ducati Corse general manager Bernhard Gobmeier talking of a two-year project to get Ducati back to a competitive level.
    Yamaha are set to announce Pol Espargaro as Crutchlow's replacement in the Tech 3 team shortly after Ducati's announcement.
    I hope he knows something we don't...
    Forza Jules

2013 MotoGP Thread

There goes Cal's MotoGP career...

Ah well I can't afford BT Sport anyway.

Forza Jules

Me either. Will have to be online streams, if available.

Scott Redding is moving up to MotoGP next year, as well as Pol. It would've been nice to see Scott replace Bradley Squeaker, as he's just a waste of space. Also a shame for Aleix Espargaro not to be getting a better ride - his performances have been impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Me either. Will have to be online streams, if available.

Scott Redding is moving up to MotoGP next year, as well as Pol. It would've been nice to see Scott replace Bradley Squeaker, as he's just a waste of space. Also a shame for Aleix Espargaro not to be getting a better ride - his performances have been impressive.
    I never understood why Bradley got picked to move up to MotoGP. Did he actually win a Moto2 race? Agree about the squeaking.

Well, good luck to Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    Agree about the squeaking.
    It's a rare occurrence to see a man go bald before his voice has even broken.
    Forza Jules

It's a rare occurrence to see a man go bald before his voice has even broken.

Pol Espargaro signs for Monster Yamaha Tech3
    Friday, 2 August 2013

Pol Espargaro will be stepping up to the MotoGP™ class with Monster Yamaha Tech3 in 2014 on a two-year contract, it has been announced on Friday.
    Spaniard Pol Espargaro, younger brother of Aleix who is already competing in MotoGP™, is currently engaged in a fight for the Moto2™ world title and has won three of the eight races so far this season. In 2012, he finished runner-up to Marc Marquez who has since gone on to impress in the premier class.

Espargaro, 22 and from Granollers on the outskirts of Barcelona, made his World Championship debut in the 125 class in 2006. His maiden podium finish would come in the following season’s Portuguese Grand Prix, then winning at Indianapolis in 2009 before collecting a further four race victories prior to his Moto2™ debut in 2011.

In 2013, Espargaro - riding for the Tuenti HP 40 outfit - has become involved in a tense fight for the intermediate class title with Britain’s Scott Redding, who on Thursday also announced that he would be stepping up to the premier class next year although his team is yet to be confirmed.

In signing for the Monster Yamaha Tech3 outfit, Espargaro will race alongside Britain’s Bradley Smith, as Cal Crutchlow makes the move to Ducati Team.

MotoGP™-bound Redding visits BT Sport
    Friday, 2 August 2013

Moto2™ championship leader Scott Redding was on-hand as BT Sport launched on Thursday night. The all-new platform will be broadcasting MotoGP™ from 2014 onwards, as Redding steps up to the premier class for the first time.
    Starting at 6pm UK time (GMT +1), Thursday’s presentation saw presenters, experts, commentators and special guests gathering in the BT Sports studios in London’s Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, the biggest purpose-built sports studio in Europe. The show simulcasted on BT Sport 1 and BT Sport 2 until the moment the two channels became independent. The new BT Sport website also went live.

"It’s finally a reality that ‘Great sport happens here’," declared John Petter, Managing Director of BT Retail Consumer. "The customers are the ones that matter and now they will be able to see the programmes for themselves. We‘re convinced they’re going to like what they see and we’re absolutely committed to making BT Sport fun, innovative and a firm favourite with the fans."

During a chat in front of a live studio audience, hosted by Jake Humphrey, it was confirmed that Scott Redding will be joining the premier class of MotoGP™ in 2014.

"It's good to see BT Sport want to promote MotoGP to the same level as their other sports like football," said the 20-year-old, who has won two Moto2™ races this season and picked up a total of five podium finishes. "It should help us get more support from the British fans, which is great. Since being here I've met a lot of people and they're all enthusiastic and know what they're talking about. The studio is mega and we've had a few laughs too which is always good."

Also on-hand was former racer Neil Hodgson, expert analyst on the evening.

"BT Sport are going to change the face of motorcycling and elevate it to a level people didn't think possible," he commented. "The attitude here is to raise the profile of the riders and really get to know their characters, as well as pushing to illustrate the amazing technical stories in new and exciting ways. Having met all the executives here they share the same belief that MotoGP is the greatest show on earth."

The MotoGP™ season resumes at Indianapolis on the weekend of 17-18 August. Redding carries a 23-point Moto2™ championship lead for Marc VDS Racing Team.

Ah well I can't afford BT Sport anyway.

Thought BT sport was free for Sky, or is it just if you have Sky Sports?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Thought BT sport was free for Sky, or is it just if you have Sky Sports?
    It doesn't matter if you have Sky Sports or not, it's only free to watch on Sky if you have BT broadband, you get BT Sports 1 and 2 in SD and HD and you get ESPN SD and HD thrown in, you just have to go to the BT Sports website and put your phone number and Sky viewing card number in and hey presto...

Was easy...

Problem is, unless you're in an area that has fibre, BT Broadband is utter garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    It doesn't matter if you have Sky Sports or not, it's only free to watch on Sky if you have BT broadband, you get BT Sports 1 and 2 in SD and HD and you get ESPN SD and HD thrown in, you just have to go to the BT Sports website and put your phone number and Sky viewing card number in and hey presto...

Was easy...
    , we got Sky broadband.
    Last edited by Rob; 15th August 2013 at 20:05.

Stoner completes Honda MotoGP test, rules out wildcard return

By Pablo Elizalde Wednesday, August 7th 2013, 08:40 GMT

Casey StonerCasey Stoner completed his two-day test with the Honda MotoGP squad after a more fruitful session at the Motegi circuit.

The Australian's opening day of work had been hampered by rain, the former world champion managing just six full laps because of the poor weather conditions.

On Wednesday, however, the weather improved and Stoner completed a total of 47 laps, wrapping up the scheduled programme.

Stoner rode this year's RC213V bike before switching to the 2014 machine in the afternoon.

The two-time champion admitted he was delighted with his comeback, but insisted there are no plans to return to racing.

"Thankfully today the weather improved a lot, in fact it was pretty hot, and we were able to get some good track time and work on our test programme," said Stoner.

"We had a productive day in general and thankfully the test plan wasn't too hectic, so we were able to get most of it done today, after yesterday's washout.

"It was great to see the team, even if there were only a few people here, and I thank Honda for all their support as ever.

"It felt really good to get back on the bike after nine months and I'm happy with how the test went, but it doesn't change my mind about the wild cards - this is not something I am planning to do."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109205

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post

Was easy...
    Not sure if any of you have Virgin Media but we got a notification to say the BT channels have been added onto our package free of charge. We don't have BT broadband either. It might be that Sky might get those channels at some point too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    ****** we got Sky broadband.
    Such profanity and from the 'Naughty Word Mod' too...

Edit-
    Have reported your post.... to yourself....!
    Last edited by Rob; 15th August 2013 at 20:05.

2013 MotoGP Thread

Sensational Marquez.. Deserves to win this championship

2013 MotoGP Thread

That was an utterly brilliant race. I completely expected Marquez to fall back after a few laps following his injury so I was pretty surprised when he didn't. Lorenzo was as brilliant as ever and what a finish that was.

Surely goes down as one of the all time greats, so glad I was there.

Work to do for Rossi and Lorenzo.

Yamaha reaction motogp sepang.
    Friday, 11 October 2013

After the first two free practice sessions for the Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix, former World Champion Valentino Rossi and current title-holder Jorge Lorenzo have a bridge to gap - in order to match the pace of their Honda rivals.

Rossi made some improvement over the two practice sessions to wrap up the day in fourth in the combined times. The Italian made a 0.5 second improvement over the two sessions and finished 0.115 seconds behind Cal Crutchlow in third, but still trailed pace man Dani Pedrosa by nearly a second at the end of the day.

“For me personally, especially this afternoon, it was a good practice because we improved the setting of the bike a lot,” stated Rossi. “We improved with the new tyre and with the old tyre I can stay with a good pace so I feel better on the bike. For sure we have to improve, but this afternoon I feel good. It seems our competitors are a little faster than us but I will try 100% because in the last races Jorge is always there fighting at the front. It will be hard but we have to concentrate on the bike. We are not very far but we have a small gap to recover.”

Lorenzo had a tougher first day in Sepang. The Mallorcan struggled to find an optimum set up for the Malaysian circuit with mid-corner grip issues affecting his final times. He completed the first day in fifth overall, 0.085 seconds behind his teammate Rossi.

“We are investigating what happened today because I didn't have confidence in the middle of the corners and also with acceleration,” said a disappointed Lorenzo. “I had a lot of spinning and the bike is very aggressive so we have to see what we can change for tomorrow to try to get back a good feeling with the bike again.”

That was an impressive lap by Marquez today! Great to see Marquez and Rossi have so much respect for each other.