Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 41516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Malaysian GP: Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    The Scuderia were keen to have him. History always repeats itself...
    Ah yeah Ferrari wanted him when he was negotiating with Red Bull

So why should we go ask him again if he turned us down?
    Forza Ferrari

Fantastic move from Vettel to overtake Webber. Bold and gutsy! Reminded me of Schumi, doing all it takes to be a champ!

Shame that Rosberg didn't do the same to Lewis.
    Kimi was bloody slow today..

Felipe had good pace today and it was good for him to get the points he did from 5th place.

I would have made the same call and kept Fernando out with that broken wing due to changeable weather conditions, at least for a lap or 2 to see how things start unfolding.

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jbb3tYcyRvw

I'm not exactly Webbo's biggest fan to say the least, but today I really felt sorry for him. But all these internal tensions and fights in Red Cow could really work in Ferrari's favor. It definitely puts an added pressure on the whole Red Cow team, which could lead them into making mistakes and most importantly, I'm sure that next time when Vettel and Webber are side by side fighting for a position then Webber won't just politely lift off anymore. We could very well see a repeat of Turkey 2010 in the coming races and that would make things even more intriguing. The more tension there is inside Red Cow, the better it is for us.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

I honestly don't give a d..n about RB, SB and MW. As long as they don't blatantly break the rules, or at least they don't get caught, there is nothing we can do, and why should we, anyhow?

But WE getting shocked or offensed by teams orders sounds like the pot calling the kettle black, doesn't it?

So, let's instead concentrate on the maths, let's assume that Alonso wins the next 3 races and Vettel finishes 3 times second: Vettel would still lead 94 to 93. Now, change to second and third, fourth and fifth, whatever, but always with Alonso (a bit of wishful thinking) in front of the screamy Teuton: we will have to chase the ugly duckling until Montecarlo, or Canada, or... or... while hoping that Lewis or Mr Magnum don't get in the way.

Scaring what a little front wing can do, isn't it?
    Addio Signor Enzo. Ciao Gilles.

2013 Malaysian GP: Race Thread

Dont think anyone is shocked at team orders, more that team order was ignored
    Forza Ferrari

Webber interview after the race.

He looks like he's about to cry. Anyone struggling to hate Vettel just watch this
    Strong words by Webbo. If I were Vettel, I would be very concerned, and give Mark plenty of room on track.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

filipe

I think he drove a great race...

Quote Originally Posted by Pekka View Post
    Fantastic move from Vettel to overtake Webber. Bold and gutsy! Reminded me of Schumi, doing all it takes to be a champ!

Shame that Rosberg didn't do the same to Lewis.
    Kimi was bloody slow today..

Felipe had good pace today and it was good for him to get the points he did from 5th place.

I would have made the same call and kept Fernando out with that broken wing due to changeable weather conditions, at least for a lap or 2 to see how things start unfolding.

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jbb3tYcyRvw
    Webber had his engine turned down and was reassured twice that RBR are cruising for a 1-2. The spoilt brat had the upper hand. He didn't even have the decency to say to Red Bull "Tell Mark I won't hold position", he basically sucker punched him. And then "it wasn't deliberate". We are all aware how great the Red Bull is and that is basically drives itself but that was a bit too much. But that's exactly what you'd expect from Vettel, talented kid with a sense of entailment who keeps his positive PR via his Hollywood team radios. Disgusting, I was truly disgusted with him today.

Very bad weekend for Ferrari, I felt that Massa could have done more. How did the accident happen? Did Fernando lock his front left/too late on the brakes or Vettel was going marginally slower than expected? Still, kudos to him for that one amazing lap, his positivism later and his "Win as a team, lose as a team" attitude.

The first inter to dry pitstop I think was in L6 or L7 so it was a lost cause but at the time it wasn't the worst decision ever at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Dont think anyone is shocked at team orders, more that team order was ignored
    exactly. It's not racing if one guy has his engine turned down because he's told the other guy has too.

Whether you like team orders or not, at least Ferrari do them properly!

Anywa thought felipe cam back really well at the end of the race - he seems to have so much confidence at the moment. Not impressed at Fernando - he cost me 22 points today!

MALAYSIA 2012-- VETTEL OUT OF RACE-- WINS 2012 WDC
    MALAYSIA 2013-- ALONSO OUT OF RACE-- WINS 2013 WDC??
    I AM sure ALONSO will..
    ferrari just need to give hime a good car and please not make ridiculous decisions..

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    more that team order was ignored
    In some companies that would be a sackable offence.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by varun View Post
    No way i think.Car is not good as seen in Australia.

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

Quote Originally Posted by Pekka View Post
    I hope you're joking. Webber had his engine turned down.

I AM sure ALONSO will..
    ferrari just need to give hime a good car and please not make ridiculous decisions..
    Good positivity man!
    Trying to be less angry..

Just a question: under which conditions race control is allowed to order a car to pit? I can understand what Ferrari wanted to do ... but what if race control would have forced Alonso to pit because of a damanged car. And it was obvious that the complete left site of the front wing was off. This would have also crossed the purpose of staying out ... same as pitting early.

However: you can not change what already had happened ...

Scene of the day: Hamilton parking with Mercedes at McLarens ... : one burger and a coke please ... maybe McLaren and Mercedes should do a Pit-Stop Joint-Venture :)

P.S.: in Austrian TV they made an interview with Sutil during pre-race reportage. They asked if he was disappointed that no one of the other drivers (except Huelkenberg) welcomed him back ... Sutil: it are always the grown ups who come to you to talk. Alonso was also visiting me at the pits for a welcome back. But we are not here to make friends.
    Last edited by Senna4Ever; 24th March 2013 at 17:34.

Vettel is not a guy I would go to war with.

I AM sure ALONSO will..
    Vettel was not out of race in 2012. He was 11th actually.
    This season will be the "Rosso Corsa" season!
    Fernando is FAster than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SinanOzerS View Post
    Your eternal optimism is a ray of sunshine.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    Your eternal optimism is a ray of sunshine.
    Optimism ? Really ?

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post

Scene of the day: Hamilton parking with Mercedes at McLarens ... : one burger and a coke please ... maybe McLaren
    ....should have jacked him up and left him in the air

Sorry, double post

Someone mentioned why Alonso doesn't think the starts are as important as before when it came to the race today he tried hard. He was keeping his cards close to his chest by making the competition think he would be conservative at the start. I think looking back, he was too aggressive at the start considering that it was wet and when the Red Bull is the faster car in the wet. Even if he did gain a place on Vettel, it was very likely he would be under severe pressure from Vettel with him having the faster car in wet conditions. I don't think Alonso made the right decision in being so aggressive at the start based on the situation. But he wanted to win badly and this being his 200th race a win would tie in so nicely. It was the slightest of touches that damaged his FW.

A good race by Massa. Nothing extraordinary but good.

Quote Originally Posted by redsteph View Post
    exactly. It's not racing if one guy has his engine turned down because he's told the other guy has too.

Whether you like team orders or not, at least Ferrari do them properly!

Anywa thought felipe cam back really well at the end of the race - he seems to have so much confidence at the moment. Not impressed at Fernando - he cost me 22 points today!
    I have no problem with what Vettel did but he can stick his rubbish apology where the sun don't shine. If you're going to do that sort of thing on track then stick with your convictions off track as well.

Massa was really poor today, I don't see why he should get a pass because he showed pace in the final stint. He was on the pace of the turd of a McLaren for 3/4 of the race... As for Alonso, I have no words for him being that over zealous in only the 2nd turn of the race. I can understand the gamble the team took by keeping him out but a better gamble would have been to pit and go onto slicks immediately. He would at least have had a chance.

Anyway, nightmare weekend for the team.

I'm sure a lot of people are feeling very down by this result when many of us were expecting a 1-2 from the team. Our package for China better deliver otherwise it will become more difficult to win the WDC and WCC this year. Yes the championship is long but we have 19 races as opposed to 20 of last year so each race counts for a little bit more.

I still don't get why we were taking such risks early on the championship!

...just a weekend to forget...

Now, hours after the race and after reading all the team said and all Fernando said I think they made the right decision. Okay, it did not work out, but still it was the right decision.
    Maybe many here will disagree but thatīs how I see it now.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    ...just a weekend to forget...
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Complete agree with you mate. Stupid decision. Yes I know that many will say it is easy now to make decision when all is done, but it was clearly that damage to the FW is big enough that FA needs to pit an change it. That was end of lap one. First pit stops for changing tires to slicks, if I am not mistaken, started around lap 5 or 6. No way car with that much damaged FW can stay on track and hold position. My point is even if FW didn't fall off FA car, he will lose positions easely. So there sould be any gains, just bigger loss.
    Stupid decision!
    cmon, stop it, lets move on, it was done already. and they knew everyting what u all guys said, but they find some ideas that u all guys cannot find. sometimes it was worked, sometimes not. clearly damage? yes you can see clearly the damage, but from the data for team , and on the car fernando said he still can drove it. its their decision.

maybe when fernando came to pit as you wish guys, and then he dropped to back because changing the nose, then dropped far away because he changed to slicks, you guys will bashing him too, why pit earlier? blablabla... what do you all wants exactly? all race win 1-2 ? oh cmon.

take the positive side.

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    You just really see that Mark wants to reveal how they work at Red Bull but he is able himself to not say it in the end...
    I think you're right about him wanting to say more and biting his tongue not to!
    The man has class, that's for sure!!

He should have went to Ferrari. I'd happily see him help Alonso to the title and you never know, he might even outperform him.

Maybe Massa will have another dreadful year and he can move over next year.
    No disrespect to Webber and I think he deserved to win today (and thump Vetttel hard), I'm glad he didn't come to Ferrari and Massa is not having a dreadful year so far, so why even mention him moving over. Don't start this talk already, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SinanOzerS View Post
    why so much negativity?
    just 2 races mate
    and i am sure that bulls will also have a DNF
    We have a update package i suppose for china and we dont need the fastest car to win ...
    I AM SOMEHOW KEEPING MYSELF POSITIVE EVEN AFTER THIS TOTALLY FORGETFUL WEEKEND so guys u also try and stay positive!!