Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: James Allison confirmed to be joining Ferrari

In the FP2 german sky reporters mentioned a name I nearly forgot in this "game": James Key. He's now engaged at TR ... and it seems that this team made a clear progress since he joined. Mainly the updates to this years ToroRosso car are dedicated to his effort. And it seems that they are working.

So other point of view it would make more sense if the man after Newey decade might be Key as he is already in the RedBull machinery. And would explain that RedBull dismiss these reports.

I hope that he or someone gets here quick. Ferrari is going backwards after it appeared that we might have a good season. Massa crashed out again and Alonso lacked pace, Vettel on pole... frustrating. Wish I could call Scuderia and tell them that the races are becomming predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by 71dino View Post
    I hope that he or someone gets here quick. Ferrari is going backwards after it appeared that we might have a good season. Massa crashed out again and Alonso lacked pace, Vettel on pole... frustrating. Wish I could call Scuderia and tell them that the races are becomming predictable.
    Cold conditions we struggle and we saw from Lotus aswell.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Rumours telling that Allison is going to Honda!

Reason: Allison should work on a car that Honda can test their engine all through 2014.
    As the regulations forbid them to use any car from Mclaren or other participants of 2014 champion ship ... for more than these 8 days which are allowed since last week.

Source/Link ... Chrome or translation from German required!

And testing with an older car wouldn't make sense due to the different regulation for the car.

Even I can't believe it the explanation why he should heading to Honda is not that bad

James Allison closing in on Ferrari move - Autosport

Great news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Welcome home James, great to have him back on the team.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Great to have him back!

Can't read the autosport article though, from now on only 30 articles per month are allowed to read, and even that with registration. That will disturb my morning routine.
    Meanwhile, it either says something or just nothing that Alonso, Schumacher and Raikkonen have reputedly spared a F1 podium on five occasions and Fernando has stood on the top step on every occasion. He's F1's first among equals. (PG)

Quote Originally Posted by M.K View Post
    Great to have him back!

Can't read the autosport article though, from now on only 30 articles per month are allowed to read, and even that with registration. That will disturb my morning routine.
    I have the same problem

Excellent news! He will be a strong asset to the team. Bit by bit we are building up a strong team my only worry is we are taking a long time to do that. We should have brought expertise at an earlier stage in line with when we brought Alonso that way we could have maximized our chances. And Alonso hasn't done favors to the team in q way by making the car look better than it actually is.

I salute!Happy and a very good news!

Wonderful, Great, Excellent News!!!!!!!!

Great to have him back. I wonder what his position will be? Deputy TD maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by M.K View Post
    Great to have him back!

Quote Originally Posted by FA fan View Post
    I have the same problem
    When you run out of free views, just go here: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/formula-1/archive/1.html

Articles from Autosport end up there, in this case: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/f...165707589.html

Boullier seems to be one of the few sane mind in today F1.
    Addio Signor Enzo. Ciao Gilles.

Ferrari completes deal with James Allison

Absolutely superb news! One of the best news of recent times. Welcome back James!
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Ferrari to buy out Allison's Lotus contract

Ferrari looks set to buy out the remainder of former technical director James Allison's Lotus contract.

That is the claim of Finland's Turun Sanomat newspaper, following reports the Briton is definitely headed to Maranello.

Correspondents Luis Vasconcelos and Heikki Kulta report that Allison neared an agreement with Honda, initially to build a test car ahead of the Japanese manufacturer's return as works engine supplier to McLaren in 2015.

But when McLaren "did not support the idea" of a Honda test car, Allison's eyes reportedly turned back to Ferrari, where he worked between 2000 and 2005.

"It is believed Allison could get to work (at Ferrari) in the early autumn", working alongside Pat Fry and Nicolas Tombazis, Turun Sanomat added.

(GMM)
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

James, come save us.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Ferrari to buy out Allison's Lotus contract

Ferrari looks set to buy out the remainder of former technical director James Allison's Lotus contract.

That is the claim of Finland's Turun Sanomat newspaper, following reports the Briton is definitely headed to Maranello.

Correspondents Luis Vasconcelos and Heikki Kulta report that Allison neared an agreement with Honda, initially to build a test car ahead of the Japanese manufacturer's return as works engine supplier to McLaren in 2015.

But when McLaren "did not support the idea" of a Honda test car, Allison's eyes reportedly turned back to Ferrari, where he worked between 2000 and 2005.

"It is believed Allison could get to work (at Ferrari) in the early autumn", working alongside Pat Fry and Nicolas Tombazis, Turun Sanomat added.

(GMM)
    Seems like Ferrari are desperate to sort out their technical problems that they are experiencing with this year's car by buying out his contract which is currently on 'gardening leave' phase.

As always, Ferrari will do everything they can to get the best people they can.

Sky was discussing about Lotus financial problems today (Kimi wasn't paid?). This will probably be good both teams, Lotus get some money they badly need and Ferrari get the guy they want.

The record of wins when this guy was with Ferrari is outstanding. Is he really going back to Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    The record of wins when this guy was with Ferrari is outstanding. Is he really going back to Ferrari?
    I'm guessing he really is. During those time, I believe Rory Bryne was active in F1 development too. From Friday's video chat with Massimo, someone asked if it's true that Bryne is working on 2014's car, and Massimo said yes without further elaborating.

Perhaps Ferrari is bringing back key people from those time when we got everything right and try to rebuild from there.

James Allison Joined on Ferrari

Ferrari has confirmed James Allison will join on September 1 as Chassis Technical Director. Pat Fry becomes Director of Engineering.

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

Hope it improves the car... Good luck James...

Welcome to James Allison. Now get to work.

Nice to hear.

Probably wont work on this years car sadly. But work on next years.

Yep, he'll definitely won't be involve in this year's car. He'll be focusing on 2014 car. IIRC, he was in Ferrari along with Rory Bryne during our more successful years. Will be a great addition to the team

Quote Originally Posted by demon2424 View Post
    Hope it improves the car... Good luck James...
    kind of late for this season ME thinks....not enough time for him to make any DRASTIC changes and get this dog of F138 up to speed....he will be a really good asset come 2014...

WELCOME back James....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Exciting news. He's a brilliant engineer and a huge asset.

Finally some good news.I think he will be working on both projects and thankfully Ferrari have enough resources to buy-out contracts...

Finally a confirmation from Ferrari after weeks and weeks of rumours and speculation.

Not sure his appointment will drastically change the car performance so quickly but at least he can identify areas of weakness and suggest good solutions.