Thread: It happened today – 15 August

Thumbs up It happened today – 15 August

On 15th August 2004, Michael Schumacher won the Hungarian Grand Prix. Thanks to this victory and a second place for team-mate Rubens Barrichello, the Scuderia took the Constructors’ title, its sixth in a row. The result also ensured that, for a fifth consecutive time, one of its drivers would win the Drivers’ championship. The entire weekend was dominated by the Scuderia, as indeed had already happened several times in this amazing season. The combination of the F2004 and the Bridgestone tyres worked amazingly well in every climatic condition and on every type of track. Preparation for the Hungarian race had been meticulous, partly because of the wish to wipe out the shame of Schumacher being lapped the previous year. After Saturday delivered an all-red front row, the race was all about Michael and Rubens, with the German never letting up on his way to the Grand Slam, also taking the race fastest lap. The extent of Ferrari’s dominance could be seen from the gaps: its closest rival, Alonso in the Renault, crossed the line 44 seconds down on the winner and 40 behind the second placed man. “I am proud of a team that is capable of winning its sixth Constructors’ title in a row, with six races still remaining,” said Montezemolo, speaking from Italy after the race. “I want to thank the extraordinary Ferrari people and our drivers and I can’t wait to celebrate with them tomorrow evening in Maranello. This success is a tribute to Italian work and technology: we wish to dedicate it to Italy, which has the manpower, the resources and an amazing ability to stand out in the world.”

http://formula1.ferrari.com/it-happe...oday-15-august
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Happy memories eh? Shame it won't be us celebrating such an achievement this year, makes you want to cry....but then, we'll never lose hope!

Would be interesting to find the point where it went (not completely but still a bit) wrong ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

What a nice memories those were... Since that Ferrari win at Hungaroring I havent seen any for the last 9 years... Sad...

Those were truly the "Days of Thunder" for the Prancing Horse. Beautiful memories indeed. And who's to say that we won't get those kind of days back sometime in the future, I mean who could've predicted such success before the 2000's? Never say never.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI