Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222334 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirelli tyre situation - All discussion here

The last time we heard Jean Todt speak, was 2010 on the grid at SPA. When asked a question he said no comment. I actually thought he passed away a few years ago, and the FIA had a stuffed dummy of him, and just wheeled him around at each race.

Re: Pirelli tyre situation - All discussion here

Well this news has given some relief. This means we only have to focus on way forward from here and not play catch up again but I agree to some post above which says we still have lots of work to do before we can win wcc and wdc

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Remember - You just have the feeling that some years you have done a good job and others when you feel there was something missing or something you wanted to change or want to improve for next year

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Good to see the FIA finally stepping in and ensure Bernie and Red Bull doesn't turn F1 into a circus
    IMHO it has been clear that F1 has been a circus for a long time.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    The last time we heard Jean Todt speak, was 2010 on the grid at SPA. When asked a question he said no comment. I actually thought he passed away a few years ago, and the FIA had a stuffed dummy of him, and just wheeled him around at each race.
    brembo man, is that you?
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    How embarrassing for you, looking in the mirror then posting on what you see

Quote Originally Posted by zoocheatah View Post
    How embarrassing for you, looking in the mirror then posting on what you see
    Forza Ferrari

i think people are reading far too much into this.

if you look at race pace even at places like Australia we beat red bulls. i think they are using tires as a scapegoat because they are not on Ferrari race pace.

I think this maybe why Ferrari have stayed relatively quiet on this issue, as our pace is more to do with the car than tires.

Lotus on other hand won in Australia and did well in Spain and Bahrain exactly due to tires and not their outright pace.
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

Quote Originally Posted by prancing horse View Post
    i think people are reading far too much into this.

if you look at race pace even at places like Australia we beat red bulls. i think they are using tires as a scapegoat because they are not on Ferrari race pace.

I think this maybe why Ferrari have stayed relatively quiet on this issue, as our pace is more to do with the car than tires.

Lotus on other hand won in Australia and did well in Spain and Bahrain exactly due to tires and not their outright pace.
    Interesting view on this matter. But you cannot take away that Lotus is very gentle on the tires. They drive same number of laps on softer compound as others a driving on hard, with almost identical lap times...

from @Lotus_F1Team: “Special delivery in Milton Keynes; it seems Pirelli have been ‘hard’ at work…”

Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Good news but there is a lot of work to do before we can win both titles, RB will fight back.
    Yea that's what I'm afraid of. I really hope it won't happen, but I just have a bad feeling that it's only a matter of time till the Red Cow (Adrian Newey) comes up with something that will make them around one second faster than everyone else again, like at the end of last year. And that's why it's absolutely imperative that we collect as many wins and points as possible. The most important thing is that we need to keep up in the development game.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    from @Lotus_F1Team: “Special delivery in Milton Keynes; it seems Pirelli have been ‘hard’ at work…”

going to tweet that to RBR
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

The Biggest difference we are seeing this year differnt from the past 4 years is that Red Bull are not being ALLOWED to CHEAT! This is why they are slower this year! That is the biggest difference in the Championship. It seems Bernie is not controling the show to allow Red Bull to Cheat to artifically lead and upset the normal order of the sport! Hopefully, Todt and the voice of the FIA will be stronger and more controling in the interest of Formula One and much less contrived in catering to Red Bull.

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    The Biggest difference we are seeing this year differnt from the past 4 years is that Red Bull are not being ALLOWED to CHEAT! This is why they are slower this year! That is the biggest difference in the Championship. It seems Bernie is not controling the show to allow Red Bull to Cheat to artifically lead and upset the normal order of the sport! Hopefully, Todt and the voice of the FIA will be stronger and more controling in the interest of Formula One and much less contrived in catering to Red Bull.

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    True!

Meh, cheat or no cheat, tyres or no tyres, IMHO Ferrari's main aim now is to put their superiority over RBR beyond doubt. Le's get those grip levels RBR have, without killing the tyres. Also, quali needs a tiny boost IMO.

Mercedes are still quali beasts, but Lotus and RBR still have Ferrari's number. If they qualify higher, then they will have less chances of problems.
    Fun fact: of all the races Alonso was on pole with Ferrari, he only didn't win one of them. He finished that one in second.

Do that, and with 2012 level operations, it starts to look exceptionally good.

Forza Ferrari!

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Sadly qualifying would be our main problem if Pirelli brought harder compounds but the bigger gain for Red Bull and Mercedes would be their race pace. Hopefully the FIA will look carefully at what Pirelii is doing with the tires but for the time being I'm in DefCon 1 mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Great, i was beginning to think the FIA didn't exist anymore, when was the last time we actually heard Jean Todt speak?
    The little Napoleon appeared to be in a long and well paid hibernation in his Place de la Concorde corner office, but the drums from Maranello woke him up just in time, to show the Poison Dwarf he still is the one and only Ringmaster of this circus.
    Doesn't it look like Todt and the FIA just gave "some" people enough rope to hang
    themselves with, before speaking on the subject?

Its clear to me that something has to be done because otherwise as the teams pile on more downforce during the year I would not be surprised to see 4-5 stops being the norm and more failures.
    We can only hope that the changes will be very minor and mostly in compound and not in structure.

I still don't understand how structure was ever brought up as changes there would really screwed with the aero design in the corners.

At Massimo,

Why so Toxic about Todt??? As long as the "Rules" are followed no person attackes are needed. As long as the "Rules" are followed by the FIA and All of the teams, can be on fair and even ground.

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!

... As long as the "Rules" are followed by the FIA and All of the teams, can be on fair and even ground...
    I don't believe it's the rules that are in question, so much as the interpretation of those same rules!!
    It seems that the people writing the rules need to anticipate the possibly "unforeseeable" loopholes!
    Not entirely sure that's even possible!!

At Massimo,

Why so Toxic about Todt??? As long as the "Rules" are followed no person attackes are needed. As long as the "Rules" are followed by the FIA and All of the teams, can be on fair and even ground.

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    I thought you said Red Bull were allowed to cheat in the past seasons? so how is the rules being followed?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    I don't believe it's the rules that are in question, so much as the interpretation of those same rules!!
    It seems that the people writing the rules need to anticipate the possibly "unforeseeable" loopholes!
    +1 thats so true
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

The FIA has the right to "Clarify" the rules as they are written and NOT allow "loopoles" to be permitted in interpretation. "Action : Reaction" will always exist except the FIA can rule against an action it deems is "Not in Keeping of the Intent of the Spirit of The Rules"! The FIA can act as they please and close any questionable issue with this clause.

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!

By permitting the tires to be changes as a reasult of Red Bull's complaints and demands, the FIA would be making a change in the Tire Specifications to directly help the Red Bull Team and at the sacrifice of those teams (Ferrari & Lotus) who have Engineered there cars to be more adapted to the tires being used. This would be certainly a "legal" means for the Red Bull Team to cheat and gain an advantage.

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!

The FIA has the right to "Clarify" the rules as they are written and NOT allow "loopoles" to be permitted in interpretation. "Action : Reaction" will always exist except the FIA can rule against an action it deems is "Not in Keeping of the Intent of the Spirit of The Rules"! The FIA can act as they please and close any questionable issue with this clause.

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    While this is true it was slightly different last year, wasn't it? Okay, I agree the torque mapping was questionable as the rule stated "0% throttle = no throttle, 50% pedal application = 50% throttle, 100% pedal application = 100% throttle" allowing loopholes for 1%-49% pedal application and 51%-99% pedal application. But the decision not to punish RBR for the holes in floor (China to Canada) was a political one aimed to protect RBR and F1's image, not to be fair.

The FIA has the right to "Clarify" the rules as they are written and NOT allow "loopoles" to be permitted in interpretation...
    and, although you're absolutely right about the FIA's responsibility to "clarify" rules, unfortunately,
    there have been interpretations that didn't necessarily respect the "intent of the spirit" yet were allowed
    for various reasons. Of course, I can't come up with any examples except that of Red Bull and their excuses;
    but, I'm sure there are fans with better memories than myself!

By permitting the tires to be changed... the FIA would be making a change in the Tire Specifications...
    Thankfully, calmer heads prevails at the FIA and this won't be tolerated mid-season!
    That's not to say there won't be any changes before next season!!

If the tires are changed on the grounds of "Safety" as I said before, then the extent of the change in the must be in the most limited manner as possible. My point about the "Rules" are that there are clear guidelines in the Rule book which address this situation and should be followed. The question must be asked as to "WHO" determines if the tires are "Unsafe" and what options are to be used to make them safe if they are even determined to be unsafe? At this point I have not seen any evidents that the tires are "Unsafe". I have only seen some mildly execessive tire ware and some punctures due to carbon fiber shards! If they are concerned about the Carbon Fiber shards on the race track then let them display the Yellow flag and properly deploy vaccum trucks to remove the track debris when an incident occurs. You see there very simple solutions that can be used to solve the problem.

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Yes, REMOVE the contrived, political aspect of the Governing Body in the FIA and let them purely enforce the Rules. We would then see much more Fair playing field and True Engineering ability shown.

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    There will always be loopholes in the rules. Nobody can make the rules completely airtight and in a way that's a good thing actually, because it's those loopholes that allow the engineers and designers to come up with some brilliant revolutionary solutions in order to make the cars go faster. And it's especially good when Ferrari's engineers can take advantage of these loopholes, I think you'll agree with me on that eh?
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

I dont think that harder tires can hurt us.
    RB eats their tires much more than us, and they will in most races have to do one stop more than us or look after the tires much more than us on the same strategy.

Anyone thinks differently?