Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17282930313233343536373839404142
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1240

Thread: Pirelli tyre situation - All discussion here

We definitely need more ????????????????? and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have already missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    I Don't Like this Paul Hembery at All! He is a VERY Person to Direct and Represent a large, respected company like Pirelli! Why haven't they Fired Paul Hembery yet??????????????????????????? Paul Hembery's statements and comments are Hurting the Pirelli Company in HUGE Ways and his activities of running the F1 Tire Supply Situation have given Pirelli a huge Black Eye and IS Hurting Pirelli's reputation!!!!!! Why are they so slow to reract???? Why aren't they Firing Hembery???????
    With you all the way FrankAlfa, I have lost all respect for Hembery Brawn and whiting.

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    With you all the way FrankAlfa, I have lost all respect for Hembery Brawn and whiting.
    Agreed!! However, we should throw in the FIA for their part in "covering up" the deficiencies of both these representatives!!

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo181 View Post
    I have Pirelli tyres on my car and they are good!!

That is only because Hembery is not involved in the part of the company that made those tyres.

Pirelli's conduct in F1 has made irreparable damage to it's good name and i think most if not all the blame can be put in front of Paul Hemberty.

I Agree! Sad that just one man can cause so much harm!

Pirelli calls Formula 1 tyre contract situation "bizarre"

Pirelli motorsport boss Paul Hembery has described the Formula 1 tyre contract situation as "bizarre".

The Italian firm has been eager to finalise a new F1 supply deal for next year as its current contract runs out at the end of 2013.

Hembery went as far as saying Pirelli could quit F1 if no deal was agreed quickly.

Although Pirelli is understood to have agreed a commercial deal with most teams, there has been no news from the FIA.

Hembery admitted the situation is strange, as Pirelli continues to work towards 2014 with teams and the ruling body.

"It is the most bizarre situation," said Hembery. "We have agreements in place with the vast majority of people involved, but there is not a clearly defined process.

"We are going forward, getting teams signed up, getting promoters signed up and working on 2014. We can only work with what we are being asked to do.

"We have cooperation from teams, cooperation with promoters and ongoing cooperation from the FIA, so until someone tells us something different we don't see what we should do differently."

Hembery believes his company is back on the right path with its tyre choices following the dramas seen during the British Grand Prix.

"We wanted to get things back on line," he said. "It was a different type of race in Hungary and at the Nurburgring but we've seen some good racing.

"The last two races are a good testimony to what we have been asked to do."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109246

Well in my opinion Paul, the sooner Pirelli is out of F1 the better. It might even be that the tyre blowouts at Silverstone was "orchestrated" to insure everybody would except the changes to the tyres without question.

This year Pirelli has done nothing good for F1 and their previous year's involvement is just so so. What is the use of big wide Tilke tracks if there is so much tyre debris off the racing line that drivers cannot even make use of it to overtake?

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    ...It is the most bizarre situation," said Hembery. "We have agreements in place with the vast majority of people involved, but there is not a clearly defined process.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109246
    Sounds like Hembrey is actually describing their manufacturing process, considering his comment, earlier in the season, that all Pirelli needed to do was change the glue they were using!!

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    Sounds like Hembrey is actually describing their manufacturing process, considering his comment, earlier in the season, that all Pirelli needed to do was change the glue they were using!!

Yip, it all still feels like some teams have been had.

So there's been too much glue-sniffing and the main loser appears to be Ferrari.....still can't believe that it's only the tyres that are destroying our performance, though. Especially if they've reverted to an earlier spec when we were competitive.