Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Canadian GP - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    I don't know if anybody noticed but there was a comment made by Stefano while interviewed by Brundle about wishing for "less luck" regarding SV next time while "kissing the wall". I think he immediately realized the blunder and said he never wished anything bad to a racer. A team boss can't make such mistakes. I was a bit disappointed at his poor choice of words. Thoughts?
    Even though it is never polite to wish someone 'less or bad luck', I don't believe SD meant it in a negative way but CH and MW have also said Fernando's luck will run out at certain points in previous years but don't remember them 'wishing' someone bad luck.

Year 2000: R.I.P Formula 1

Quote Originally Posted by theforce View Post
    Even though it is never polite to wish someone 'less or bad luck', I don't believe SD meant it in a negative way but CH and MW have also said Fernando's luck will run out at certain points in previous years but don't remember them 'wishing' someone bad luck.
    True, Horner and Weber both made improper comments about Fernando's alleged lucky streak. In my opinion luck isn't really a valid parameter to consider, so it all boils down to people letting their negative emotions out. Human, yes but not gallant or even professional in any shape or form.

[QUOTE=Aberracus;789699]
    I think Booiing is part of every sport, if you are not liked somebody is gona boo you.

Rubbish!

Our qualy performance is killing us. If we had a better grid position we wouldve won the race or at least given Seb a hard time. We need to get on top of this problem quick.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    Such tragic news.

My sincere condolences to his family and loved ones.

I just read the news on the internet My condolences to the family

such a sad thing to happen
    not gonna change my profile picture

That horrible.

I hope Bernie does the right thing and sets up some sort of trust fund for that man's family. It'll be like a drop, in his overfilled bucket, for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiga View Post
    With 12 races to go, Alonso needs to gain an average of 3 points per race over Vettel. And if the Ferrari is competitive in those races, 3 points per race does not look like an impossible achievement.

For example, in 2012 Vettel was 42 points behind Alonso with 8 races to go.
    Everything looks good and easy in theory....

Condolences to the family of the poor guy who has now passed away, a sad end to a day which, at least for us, wasn't as bad as feared. Brilliant performance from both our boys, fighting form and hopefully Felipe will have got a confidence boost after a really strong performance. Quali is still important and with Bieber walking away at the front with no competition, it's too easy for him to cruise to the WDC. This has to stop, NOW. Maybe this 3 week gap (again...damn it) will give us a chance to sort our quali performance. But at least we aren't out of it...yet. Well done, boys.

Oh dear, poor guy and family, so sorry to hear/read it - sympathy goes to his family.

Great performance from our drivers yesterday, Massa was blindingly quick but still compromised by the traffic. Both he and Alonso got into some great dices with other drivers.

I cant get over noobs like Van Der Garde, Perez, Maldonado et all, they are poor racers at 190 miles an hour, look at the duals our man Alonso had with Rosberg, Webber and Hamilton, brilliant wheel to wheel racing, thats what I want to watch, and sure, they didn't make it easy for Alonso, but then, its supposed to be a challenge, isn't it? I mean, there was a little touch between Alonso and Hamilton where we saw part of Hamiltons front wing get broken (or part of our rear endplate get broken) but Van Der Garde's stupid move at the hairpin on Webber........absolutely ridiculous. Sutil, no wonder he didn't last long with other F1 Teams, because he keeps making noob mistakes like yesterday, did he not think running wide onto the curb at such pace just to keep his position like that was not going to turn him around?

Sure all rookies and noob racers in F1 are fighting to keep their places with their teams or to show their abilities to all the other F1 teams, but, really one or two mistakes of doing the same thing, I would have thought they would have learnt their lesson by now. Okay fine, they've made names for themselves in motor racing, or Daddy's paid the bill, I dont really care, but they ruin it for those that challenging for the win/podium places........Webber could have caught up with Hamilton, and that would have been great to watch, but after his clash with the noob, he had nothing left but to nurse it home, albeit that it helped Alonso.

Qualy performance is our struggle.

Forza Ferrari

Heard it due the twitter message from Alonso ...

Such tragic sad news about the track worker ...
    hard to find words due to this unbelievable circumstances ...

... Therefore no any comment further today ... maybe they are more optimistic then ...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Everything looks good and easy in theory....
    I think at worst we'll be second fastest each race with Alonso.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiga View Post
    With 12 races to go, Alonso needs to gain an average of 3 points per race over Vettel. And if the Ferrari is competitive in those races, 3 points per race does not look like an impossible achievement.

For example, in 2012 Vettel was 42 points behind Alonso with 8 races to go.
    Here's hoping that Alonso can recover the deficit, bear in mind however that, in 2012, Vettel was able to reclaim the lead because he had a much stronger car than Alonso, whereas the F138 is only marginally better than the RB9, if any.

I'm afraid that the time to build a gap over Vettel was in the first few races, when RBR was still struggling with its tyres and when Mercedes wasn't actively taking points away from us. We definitely need to start winning races again.

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    I think at worst we'll be second fastest each race with Alonso.
    But that is not enough. Not enough to be 2nd fastes behind SV. FA is trailing SV in the championship, not vice versa...

A good result, but those 3 weeks break are going to be very long to me

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post
    Here's hoping that Alonso can recover the deficit, bear in mind however that, in 2012, Vettel was able to reclaim the lead because he had a much stronger car than Alonso, whereas the F138 is only marginally better than the RB9, if any.

I'm afraid that the time to build a gap over Vettel was in the first few races, when RBR was still struggling with its tyres and when Mercedes wasn't actively taking points away from us. We definitely need to start winning races again.
    Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post

Not really. In 2012 Vettel recovered the points difference because Alonso had two DNFs, Spa and Japan, while Vettel finished second and first in those two races. That's 43 points.

In 2013, Alonso has already had a DNF and a problem with the DRS that made him lost a good amount of points. Obviously, we would all prefer to be ahed in terms of points, but to think that the WDC race is over given the results that the Ferrari has achieved till now is a mistake. And the same goes for WCC, where the points difference is just 56.

I do agree, however, that a few race wins would not go amiss in this attempt to win the titles!

Not the most exciting of races, but our drivers did a great job of it.
    Fernando might have been closer to vettel if he hadnt gotten stuck behind bottas and rosberg. His battle with Hamilton was fantastic and both drivers showed ample respect for one another (otherwise one of them would be in the wall )
    Felipe was fantastic too. He shud drive like this when he starts in the first 3 rows.. we will easily haul in RBR for the constructors.

Still, the fact remains that finger boy extended his advantage. The new Pirelli tyres are likely to favour the bulls. The weather in the next few gps will not really favour our car. Its gonna be a tense championship. We can however take reassurance in the fact that we indeed have the best driver in the world in Alonso and maybe, just maybe, that might be enough to turn the tide in our favour.
    Silently, like a shadow

Great results, considering where we started from!! Both our "boys" did what they could to get the maximum points they could!! Personally, my heart stopped beating when Alonso was battling with Hamilton, especially given Hamilton's history!! Sure, he has grown; but, that doesn't mean his drive and competitive spirit has diminished!! Here's hoping for more and better!!

This race perfectly demonstrated why we have not won any title since 2011...Qualifying...it is getting too much now..we somehow need to get outright poles...
    We need a fast qualifying car....
    we cant rely on race pace and the bulls are not bad on race pace as it is said about them...
    Even button won from last in 2011 ,,but these happens once or maybe twice in a whole career ...we need to nail it on Saturdays .,,
    i just cant even imaging with Vettel with 4 WDC....

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    Great results, considering where we started from!! Both our "boys" did what they could to get the maximum points they could!! Personally, my heart stopped beating when Alonso was battling with Hamilton, especially given Hamilton's history!! Sure, he has grown; but, that doesn't mean his drive and competitive spirit has diminished!! Here's hoping for more and better!!
    Alonso chased me 'like a bull' - Hamilton

"Being hunted down by Fernando is like being chased down by a bull," Hamilton added. "I just don't need anyone talking to me in my ear when I was on the maximum I could possibly drive. When you're at the maximum that is when you can easily crash so I don't need any distractions."

http://en.espnf1.com/canada/motorspo...%3Dtwitterfeed

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    You have to bear in mind, that Vettel wasn't pushing from the half of the race or so, while Alonso was racing hard for possitions. I am sure Vettel could go way way faster.
    maybe, but i got the data from lap 17th, so i believe on 2nd stint, vettel was pushing as much as he could...

I hope Ferrari will be able to improve the qualifying pace soon. Or at least for 2014 car. It's difficult to fight for the championship while being at a disadvantage with our starting position.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    You have to bear in mind, that Vettel wasn't pushing from the half of the race or so, while Alonso was racing hard for possitions. I am sure Vettel could go way way faster.

Quote Originally Posted by qb_marukochan View Post
    maybe, but i got the data from lap 17th, so i believe on 2nd stint, vettel was pushing as much as he could...
    Alonso lost a lot of time being behind Botas, rosberg and eventually webber….Alonso clearly was faster and I’m sure if the run down to first corner was longer (something like Barcelona) he could have easily cleared 2 or 3 cars and then could have kept in touch with Hamilton and pass him, after which could have honed in on Vettle…but could have, would have, should have…

All this time being behind these 3 cars, meant vettel had opened up the lead and it was really hard in the last stint for Alonso to reel him in; so YES just like Domenicali has stated, we need to work flat out and make sure we are in better positions in Quali so that we qualify really well and try and take POLE ( this would be ideal), if not P2 or worse P3, that way with our good race pace and good tire degradation and really good strategies (as we’ve seen so far at every race) we could easily challenge for WINS, even if we don’t get POLE…

Like I said before, we now have 3 weeks to work flat out and fix some of the issues we have and I have full confidence that Ferrari will try and be better in quali come Silverstone
    Soooooooo glad 2022 is over, a season that started so well but massive decline after TD39....Hopefully 2023 will bring us tifosi something to smile about.

Canadian GP - Race Thread

What a lovely race it was. I enjoyed it very much. The weather really helped us to get the maximum out of the both cars. Apparently no one has mentioned happily that Fernando Alonso is second again in drivers championship.
    Guys Canada gifts were really huge and lovely for me. What a great effort from our drivers & the team.
    Last edited by AfterLife; 10th June 2013 at 15:29.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    Heard it due the twitter message from Alonso ...

Such tragic sad news about the track worker ...
    hard to find words due to this unbelievable circumstances ...

... Therefore no any comment further today ... maybe they are more optimistic then ...
    It is really shocking how that happened . Very sad news. Rest in peace
    ||||||||||||||||||||||