Page 1 of 17 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian GP - Race Thread

Canadian GP - Race Thread

Dragging myself away from two Spaniards slugging it out in Paris to another one in Canada, here’s an extract form Andrew Benson’s BBC piece: -
    …. Fernando Alonso believes he is in a position to potentially win the Canadian Grand Prix despite starting in sixth place on the grid.
    Alonso said he needs to beat …..Vettel, who is 29 points ahead in the championship and on pole.
    "We start in a position that gives us all the chances to win the race if we are quick enough," Alonso said.
    "We need to get it back on the right way and score many points and show the potential in the car."
    ……"We don't know what the conditions will be in the race, but this year we saw Monaco and here again that we are not super-competitive in intermediate tyre conditions.
    "And in cold conditions also when we put on the dry tyres it's even worse. Same for Lotus as well. We saw they were struggling."

……..The Ferrari's low tyre wear means the car struggles to generate tyre temperature in cool and damp conditions…….
    Alonso said: "There are some teams that are able to make the tyre get up to temperature very quickly and then they struggle in the race because they destroy the tyres, and it is the opposite for Lotus and us.
    "Difficult to understand the reason because sometimes you don't know why this happens. But we are happy with our car.
    …….Alonso said Ferrari had made a mistake in doing only one lap on the first of his two runs in final qualifying rather than two - and admitted he had made errors as well.
    "People did two plus two," Alonso said. "We did one plus two and I think we missed a little bit of lap time there and when I put new tyres for the second attempt I locked up in Turn 10 and lost a lot of time, so a little bit of mixed mistakes."

So everyone made mistakes yesterday, got that out of the way; onwards and upwards…..

Forza Ferrari

if there's a good clean start for our boys, anything is possible
    not gonna change my profile picture

Yeaha
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Cool

This will be a very nice race for us ! Especially seeing felipe overtaking the half grid !!

Go Felipe! Go Fernando! Lets turn this Gran Prix red !

Let's go for the win!
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Good day everyone

Green track and blue sky. If Alonso can get up there and put pressure on Vettel, I think Vettel tires will be in trouble. But the problem now is the bunch of cars between Alonso and Vettel. The Mercedes may create a train and allow Vettel to run away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Good day everyone

Green track and blue sky. If Alonso can get up there and put pressure on Vettel, I think Vettel tires will be in trouble. But the problem now is the bunch of cars between Alonso and Vettel. The Mercedes may create a train and allow Vettel to run away.
    Two Mercedes will help us IMO ...
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Offtopic, but trying to pass the time

Quote Originally Posted by AfterLife View Post
    Two Mercedes will help us IMO ...
    I agree, I'm sure Lewis will try to overtake and to block Sebastian.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Good day everyone

We will win this one.Our Ferrari is the best car out there and Alonso knows he can do it.

Oke, if it's dry, what will the strategy be? We don't really know how long the tyres will last, because track temps are higher at the moment than friday.. So perhaps we just start and fush like we did in China and Spain (then we knew what would happen) here we don't, but just drive and see, in stead of trying something and failing at it? What do you guys think?
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Oke, if it's dry, what will the strategy be? We don't really know how long the tyres will last, because track temps are higher at the moment than friday.. So perhaps we just start and fush like we did in China and Spain (then we knew what would happen) here we don't, but just drive and see, in stead of trying something and failing at it? What do you guys think?
    Not sure about us, but pretty sure if it's dry, RBR and Merc are in big trouble. When we were barely managing to do a lap, let alone do a good one, Vettel and Lewis was running around doing purple sectors all over the place. They are doe to have tire problems here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    If we can overtake the cars in front of us without too much degrading the tyres we may be able to attack Vettel towards the end of the race.We have faster race pace.

Dry dance everyone!

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

The chance of rain is getting lower by minute which is a good news for us. Some live webcams and radar images of Montreal>

http://www.earthcam.com/canada/montr...=montreal2_str

http://adrianplatts.com/webcam/

these are only good news, am already getting excited about the race
    not gonna change my profile picture

Another epic charge like Spain, do it Fernando!, and good luck to Felipe, let's hope he has a good race too.

Win is much more achievable now with the dry weather. I wonder what tyres we'll start on.

As long as the rain stays away we have very, very good chance of a win. Good luck to the whole team, Fernando and Felipe, hope he has clean and tidy race and finish in solid points.

Forza Ferrari.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post

Epic

Temperatures dropping, clouds comming back.. not good
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Stay dry please and let's not take any huge risks at the start, just keep it clean and we could get a decent result against all odds. Preghiamo!

That pic is awesome. :)
    Red is the only color!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong; but, wasn't Alonso ahead of Vettel after Silverstone, last year? In fact, I beblieve it's the same 30ish points that separate them this year, before Canada... Never say never to Alonso!! It's like waving a red flag in front of a bull... !!

Hopefully this will be the race, where Vettel finally runs out of luck...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I'm waiting for that race since Valencia 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Oh come on, for all we know, Vettel could be last by turn 1 and then with 4 safety cars could win the race.

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong; but, wasn't Alonso ahead of Vettel after Silverstone, last year? In fact, I beblieve it's the same 30ish points that separate them this year, before Canada... Never say never to Alonso!! It's like waving a red flag in front of a bull... !!
    Great comment sagi, that's what we need today and no mucking about, red flag to a bull would be awesome!