Thread: 7 races down many to go from mr obvious

7 races down many to go from mr obvious

I have watched all races some with pleasure and some well you know. I can only but hope that ferrari can improve there one lap qualification this story is going on just a little to long we all know the problem now fix it other wise it will be to late. Ferrari will then be relying on the misfortune of red bull and that seems to be events that are few and along way apart that car is virtually bullet proof even kissing walls or broken front wings dosent prevent them from competing hard . We need to beat them hard and on the race track starting PRONTO in silverstone taking points away at each event then take there spirit away and move to tha victory position for nando.

If all goes well weather etc, we should out score Red Bull over the next 5 races, up to Monza, apart from Hungary which will be a difficult race for us.

For me, one of the key to Championship will be the big update which team will introduce from Singapore onwards. Also, it is true that without Vettel/RB misfortunes, it will be very difficult to win this Championship. Vettel DNF is due, hopefully very soon

Ferrari still have some long standing issues such as the ability to work the tires up to right temperature for 1 lap pace, and poor traction.

But I think Ferrari have vastly improve their aerodynamic performance where they are at least on par with Red Bull if not faster in certain conditions. And despite our poor traction, Alonso managed to get fastest lap during the race which shows that our race pace that day was on par with Red Bull.

So unlike previous years where we have our bum kicked by Red Bull at every corner, this year we've improved our race to a winning pace. The biggest problem is still qualifying pace. But you can't solve everything in a short time. Hopefully we can solve our qualifying problems next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

So unlike previous years where we have our bum kicked by Red Bull at every corner, this year we've improved our race to a winning pace. The biggest problem is still qualifying pace. But you can't solve everything in a short time. Hopefully we can solve our qualifying problems next year.
    what I don't understand is why the team have only recently been stressing the importance of qualifying. We've been lacking in that department for several years, it seemed obvious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    what I don't understand is why the team have only recently been stressing the importance of qualifying. We've been lacking in that department for several years, it seemed obvious to me.
    Ferrari had a lot of things to solve. Remember 2010, they were bad on strategy, bad on pit-stops, poor qualy, average race pace, poor development. Think of where they are today: the only thing that's missing is qualy pace, we're currently on the third line.

After all, Red Bull were having traction problems in 2009/2010, too. We're catching the leaders fast. The future is bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    For me, one of the key to Championship will be the big update which team will introduce from Singapore onwards. Also, it is true that without Vettel/RB misfortunes, it will be very difficult to win this Championship. Vettel DNF is due, hopefully very soon
    Apart from that SV DNF, FA needs to win that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    We're catching the leaders fast. The future is bright.
    Thank you, Bubbles. Made my day

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Well Alonso only needs to think about one thing,and that's winning races!! This talk that he and stefano keep on saying that vettel is due for a DNF is annoying!

Quali performance and traction will be so important from now on, nothing else will put us in a strong enough position to outscore Vettel. If Felipe can get another roll on and perform as he did in Canada with no quali issues, we could even still be on for the WCC. Fernando just need to do what he usually does, from a higher grid slot.

Quote Originally Posted by FA fan View Post
    Well Alonso only needs to think about one thing,and that's winning races!! This talk that he and stefano keep on saying that vettel is due for a DNF is annoying!
    Probably others were saying same thing back in 2004 for MS...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Probably others were saying same thing back in 2004 for MS...
    yeah, but we ALL sure loved that era....2000-2004; i personally did, i loved every bit of it

but NOT my buddy though, he was a Mclaren fan....LOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah, but we ALL sure loved that era....2000-2004; i personally did, i loved every bit of it

but NOT my buddy though, he was a Mclaren fan....LOL
    I was enjoying every second of it! If you asked me it would have lasted up till now days!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I was enjoying every second of it! If you asked me it would have lasted up till now days!
    Firstly, please excuse my English, its not my mother tongue.
    Secondly, i am sure that the British GP will be a good race for Alonso and Massa. I think the car's aerodynamics are good and in Britain, aerodynamics are important.
    In any case, the championship looks very difficult. But nothing is impossible!!! Remember 2007!!
    FORZA FERRARI!!!