Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: British GP 2013: Saturday Qualifying

I agree with a lot of words spoken here but I measure Ferrari's performance by Massa,if he goes bad it's bad for the whole team.

Since the two big heads at Mercedes came there something happened there and we need to look at our own teams ability to improve and not scratching heads,what are the team doing wrong that we go backwards during quali.

Are there communication problems between drivers and engineers that they don't understand the behavour of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    10nth on the grid........1st in my heart!!!!

let's wait on Sunday ...

I'll out for medium rare steak and red wine ... need some first aid for my wounded soul ...

Really Hope we spend big and get james Allison!

Such a performance gap can only be attributed to one thing..the tires. We've seen how much they affect performance from one race to another.
    Pirelli messing with compounds, deciding what compounds to bring when those compounds do not suit every team.

It started as a tire dictated season, and it will be that way the rest of the year. Say what u want, but Im not going to slag my
    team because they did this or didnt do that. The car is still good, tires can be the only reason the performance is not where it should be.

Pirelli should simply make truck tires if this is the best they can come up with...actually, they are.

Ever since the Merc test, AND RB complaining, they have had tires that suit them at every race.
    Pirelli is where the blame lies.. a good car doesnt all of a sudden get bad on its own.
    Im surprised we havent heard Ferrari say a word about the poor performance of these tires.

Why hire great drivers, technicians and engineers if you r 2 b straddled with inferior tires.
    I think its about time Ferrari stopped being quiet about this and said what these tires are
    doing to a multimillion dollar project. Not to mention the damaging effect all this tire brewhaha
    has had on the racing and the fans.

At this point Ferrari would probably do better lap times if they simply ran on the rims. Forget the Pirelli's. They not good.

Go... Ferrari...WIN!!!
    Last edited by Nova; 29th June 2013 at 16:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Such a performance gap can only be attributed to one thing..the tires. We've seen how much they affect performance from one race to another.
    Pirelli messing with compounds, deciding what compounds to bring when those compounds do not suit every team.

It started as a tire dictated season, and it will be that way the rest of the year. Say what u want, but Im not going to slag my
    team because they did this or didnt do that. The car is still good, tires can be the only reason the performance is not where it should be.

Pirelli should simply make truck tires if this is the best they can come up with...actually, they are.
    Do agree with what you say,or else why would lotus who said they bought the biggest update on their cars,also be behind both force india and torro Rosso..

Alonso is clearly very frustrated. It is almost as if he is making a subtle attack or criticism on Ferrari. He is contemplating all those years of where he is catching up. This is very damaging for for Alonso if he keeps getting a car that cannot compete with the front runners. I'm afraid it is only a matter of time till he walks away if Ferrari keep on undelivering. He joined our team to win and frankly Ferrari are just not delivering the machinery that he needs. We owe him one after the team messed him up in the last race in 2010. But it seems he'll be lucky to even get sad. A very sad state of affairs. We are probably going to lose Massa and we have a depressed Alonso but a Stefano who always urges calm no matter what. Even if we get good race results this weekend it doesn't hide that we have some serious problems within the team. Alonso is loosing his patience. Funny when you look back to Luca's comments earlier this year where he hopes Alonso will honor his contract. If they lose Alonso only the team is to blame here.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    What an embarassing thread to read, i would ban half of you cry babies

Forza Ferrari Forum
    Come on in to discuss the latest news and events surrounding the Ferrari F1 team and F1 news that affects Ferrari. Enjoy the friendly atmosphere as you meet some of the best Tifosi in the world. This is the place to be kept right up to date with all things F1.

Disgusting!!!!!! Best Tifosi in the world?????

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    It has been a tire dictated season last year too and glad it was because otherwise we wouldn't been able to make it until the last race. As RBs struggled with tires in the first half of the season, with alternator and with KERS ... but THEY got solved every single issue as updates and development worked ...

It is on our technical team to react on the situation. In Maranello (based on captured data from Canada + Monaco) we had 3 weeks to run simulators and computer programs 24h 7days a week to get the issue solved as TR and FI seems to head in right direction. And especially FI was also very kind to Pirelli tyres from beginning on (as FI should have been affected too).

And to blame everyone else and not drawing conclusion on our side wouldn't solve the problem either.

Sorry sir: we pointed on RBs and Merc, as they complained about tires, that they should to their homework
    now it is our turn (and since Monaco we wasted time by that)

What an embarassing thread to read, i would ban half of you cry babies

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

British GP 2013: Saturday Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    But maybe a sign of your disappointment about the team to blame it on us if we show our emotions after hearing this week: that this circuit should fit so well to our car ... after 3 week of development for none ...
    I am not disappointed though, maybe i should burn my flag tonight to show emotion? Give over
    Forza Ferrari

BREAKING NEWS!!!
    RT @andrewbensonf1: Normal penalty for underweight car (@pauldiresta) would be disqualification from qualifying. ie back of the grid

Alonso is 9-th and massa 11-th now.
    Things can only get better.

Quote Originally Posted by andone89 View Post
    BREAKING NEWS!!!
    RT @andrewbensonf1: Normal penalty for underweight car (@pauldiresta) would be disqualification from qualifying. ie back of the grid

Alonso is 9-th and massa 11-th now.
    Things can only get better.
    Cool, +1 position and clean side of the grid

Greig, we're not cry-babies but are fast becoming emotional wrecks! I understand completely yours and Rob's posts and of course we should and do unite in our support for our team. Just sometimes it's hard to accept that despite all the promises of improving quali performance, we appear to have gone backwards, and we're not going to win anything from mid-grid starts. I hope I may have to eat my words, but there's something else being manipulated over which we have no control, and it boils down again to the damn tyres. Pirelli dictate which tyres are to be used for each race and none of them so far has suited us, so surely teams should be allowed to elect which tyre they choose to use for a given race. That way, at least each team has some control over what they expect to happen. Tomorrow will be warner still, so they say, but we won't be able to benefit from that starting so low down. Both Fernando and Felipe must be wondering what the hell they are expected to do, but as always, we'll be with them, otherwise we wouldn't be on this forum, so don't be surprised when we let off steam.

Quote Originally Posted by shamim179 View Post
    We are probably going to lose Massa and we have a depressed Alonso but a Stefano who always urges calm no matter what.
    Lose Massa? The one that loses is the one who gets Massa. Just the fact that we have a mediocre driver in our 2nd car for years who doesnīt deliver is just another sign that we need a stronger management in top. Iīve been reading here for years and years people who are deffending SD, Massa and so on that we should give them time. Always a next year. Well, I would be very intreseted how many, exactly how many years are we supposed to give them?
    Iīm not an Alonso fan in any way, but I feel sad for him, because he is worth more than we can provide him with. Sad but true.

I am not disappointed though, maybe i should burn my flag tonight to show emotion? Give over
    Tough answer for a neutral mod! I haven't burned my flag either - surprised?
    But as a 10th place isn't disappointing for you I have to acknowledge that I'm far way from a straight tifoso (like other) and I'm clearly a glory hunter ...

so I keep faith, instead I lit a fire and celebrate 10th place (oh it's 9th ... maybe it goes on that way until start of race?).
    But I got it know: what ever happens, never question the pope, Ferrari as such and Felipe (in this forum).

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    Lose Massa? The one that loses is the one who gets Massa. Just the fact that we have a mediocre driver in our 2nd car for years who doesnīt deliver is just another sign that we need a stronger management in top. Iīve been reading here for years and years people who are deffending SD, Massa and so on that we should give them time. Always a next year. Well, I would be very intreseted how many, exactly how many years are we supposed to give them?
    Iīm not an Alonso fan in any way, but I feel sad for him, because he is worth more than we can provide him with. Sad but true.
    Curbs, what are you doing here if you're not an Alonso fan and keep firing insulting comments at Massa and Domenicali. You may have a point in some ways and we're all tired of waiting for everything to gel, but this sort of criticism isn't going to solve the problem in an instant. Look how long it took MS to get us winning again, and the team behind him. I feel sad for Alonso and even sadder for Massa, who gets blamed for breathing.

Yay! 10th place!
    Very good performance by both our drivers. Well done to the guys at Maranello!
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

We simply should do 1000 km's around Fiorano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Schumi came in 96. Almost won 97, came close 98 and would have won in 99 I belive. It didnīt take the team this long. And the team were in much worse shape when Schumi came.
    Demanding results isnīt a strange thing among supporters. Iīm maybe not as pacient as others, but I do belive they both have had enough time to prove they are worthy. Maybe a change isnīt for the better, but we are not making progress. Then a change is very welcome...

Last year we and the team blamed the results on the windtunnel. What excuse will work this year? There is more to our problems than a broken windtunnel.

Its not the car or team, its the tyres. Just look (said so many times today) at Lotus, they were right with us in Barcelona, where high temps. They struggling too.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Alonso on Italian Rai TV ''Pirelli has chosen tyres to please the Teams that where complaining the most.And now these Teams are at the very front!!''

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    Last year we and the team blamed the results on the windtunnel. What excuse will work this year? There is more to our problems than a broken windtunnel.
    There is absolutely nothing to worry about! One of our drivers managed to make it into Q3, what more do you want? We're also second in the championship and finishing second again wouldn't be any worse than last year so it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    There is absolutely nothing to worry about! One of our drivers managed to make it into Q3, what more do you want?
    Ehhh, at this moment I would be glad for a 2nd row start, and that is not what we should aim for.
    Lets just hope for high temps tomorrow. When Pirelli are making F1 into a farse I belive they should let the teams to choose what tires they want. That way the could please all the teams and not just RB and Merc.

Alonso;
    “Pirelli is choosing medium and hard continuously for every race, which we know only help two teams,” he pointed out slamming the Italian tyre manufacturer’s nomination for the weekend.

A part of the problem, Alonso admitted, was that Ferrari hasn’t delivered either, which contributed to his worst qualifying position of the season.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...Bull_Mercedes/

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    second in the championship and finishing second again wouldn't be any worse than last year so it's ok.
    We should be worried that we won't be for to much longer if this trend is going to continue. Sad fact is we are going backwards at some rate. Be it development or tyres.

What has happened to our tyre guru from bridgestone...forgotten his name!!

In protest we should pound our cars round Fiona non stop for 24 hours...see if anyone notices!

Today was just frustrating and painful to watch I must admit. I was not expecting miracles but "that" was an awful display from us.

A 3rd row would have been good moving forward but 5th row is like I don't know just pathetic I guess.

But the race is tomorrow so, Forza Ferrari

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Alonso on Italian Rai TV ''Pirelli has chosen tyres to please the Teams that where complaining the most.And now these Teams are at the very front!!''
    I know I've been repeating this many times, but you just wait till we get to Hungaroring GP. A twisty track with medium to slow speed corners, and Pirelli is bringing the hard tires.

Pirelli is not serving the function they are supposed to serve. They are not neutral, and they are not obeying the rule that says if the teams vote against any changes, they cannot do it. They no longer fit to be a tire supplier in F1.

It's not always the tyre guys, if our car only works in hot conditions then that is a fault with the car and not the tyre.