Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Carlos Sainz manager meets with Christian Horner in Hungary

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    i can believe that Alonso must be highly frustrated, but its inconceivable that he will leave. Just media getting bored.
    He's been way too patient with the Scuderia. For four years nothing's happened. In fact, the best launch-spec car was the F10, and that was back in 2010. Since then we've been going downhill design-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by shamim179 View Post
    Actually having listened to the interviews of Alonso and Horner on this subject I'm not so sure anymore. Horner goes on to say that other options suddenly appear and Alonso's smile might be giving something away? It might be we do a swap between Vettel and Alonso for next year. Disappointing that a driver like Alonso would want to leave our team but we must face with reality if this turns out to be true. And vettel's response is priceless! He's scared of Alonso! Really sad that it has come to this state.
    "And vettel's response is priceless!" - source, please?

I think we will see hell freezin' before Alonso drives with Vettel (or other way around) in the same team.

But maybe Luca found out that Alonso is an average driver and Santander money isn't worth for that. And changes Vettel for Alonso. With Vettel already driving for SF 2015 Newey will join us and 2016 will be happy days are back again as we have again what it seems we need for win: german driver an a genius who knows how to USE (and not abuse) aerodynamics.
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post

But maybe Luca found out that Alonso is an average driver and Santander money isn't worth for that.
    Really?. So now Alonso is average because he can't win with the 4th best car of the grid. This forum is losing the marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    So the problem is Alonso, not the car..........................................lol

He might have won titles at Ferrari if the car was better, if the car could qualify better than 3/4 row, if the strategy was better, if the most prestigious team ever had a wind tunnel that was not constructed before Christ was born. It works both ways mate, pathetic attempt to to bash Alonso and defend Ferrari.

As a Alonso fans, Ferrari fans, or both, we should blame the team as a whole because they are together in this and none of them are perfect but I guess is easy for you to blame Alonso, after all you never liked him.
    LOL so it's pathetic for defending Ferrari on a Ferrari forum. Yes it works both ways so saying Ferrari are the reason Alonso has not won 2 titles is totally unfair. I never liked Alonso are you serious really? I took so much stick for wanting Alonso back in 2006 to come to Ferrari ahead of Kimi, I had months and months of fans telling me Alonso was over rated it was just the Renault, but yeah I never liked him....I rated him the best driver on the grid from about 2006 and still believe he is, his talents are not being questioned but as you say nobody is perfect, not Fernando or the 600 people working towards winning him titles.

I love how you take several digs at Ferrari yet tell me how I should blame the team as a whole, pretty ironic maybe intentionally? If Alonso wins titles with us then I will expect you will be telling us how it's not about Alonso but about Ferrari right? Personally I always believed we win as a team and lose as a team even in the Schumacher days when most would just put the titles all down to Schumacher. If someone wants to come here and say oh poor Alonso never won the title because of Chris Dyer and Stefano, well then it's very unfair.

Schumacher fans used to make the same claims about how he could have won 9/10 titles if he joined Williams or McLaren instead of Ferrari in 96, it's like sometimes things are never enough for some.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    LOL so it's pathetic for defending Ferrari on a Ferrari forum. Yes it works both ways so saying Ferrari are the reason Alonso has not won 2 titles is totally unfair. I never liked Alonso are you serious really? I took so much stick for wanting Alonso back in 2006 to come to Ferrari ahead of Kimi, I had months and months of fans telling me Alonso was over rated it was just the Renault, but yeah I never liked him....I rated him the best driver on the grid from about 2006 and still believe he is, his talents are not being questioned but as you say nobody is perfect, not Fernando or the 600 people working towards winning him titles.

I love how you take several digs at Ferrari yet tell me how I should blame the team as a whole, pretty ironic maybe intentionally? If Alonso wins titles with us then I will expect you will be telling us how it's not about Alonso but about Ferrari right? Personally I always believed we win as a team and lose as a team even in the Schumacher days when most would just put the titles all down to Schumacher. If someone wants to come here and say oh poor Alonso never won the title because of Chris Dyer and Stefano, well then it's very unfair.
    Cut the BS Greg, I didn't take any dig at Ferrari, not now or ever, you can check my profile if you want, you are the one who was taking digs at Alonso, so I turned around your phrase to show you that works both ways, not because I wanted to take any dig at Ferrari.

I already said that this is a team effort, so don't "I will expect you will be telling us how it's not about Alonso but about Ferrari right?" me, I support this team, not only Alonso even when I'm most than anything an Alonso fan.

You are always to defensive when it comes to anything related to Alonso so that's why you are perceived as someone who doesn't like him.

Cut the BS Greg, I didn't take any dig at Ferrari, not now or ever, you can check my profile if you want, you are the one who was taking digs at Alonso, so I turned around your phrase to show you that works both ways, not because I wanted to take any dig at Ferrari.

I already said that this is a team effort, so don't "I will expect you will be telling us how it's not about Alonso but about Ferrari right?" me, I support this team, not only Alonso even when I'm most than anything an Alonso fan.

You are always to defensive when it comes to anything related to Alonso so that's why you are perceived as someone who doesn't like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts
    He might have won titles at Ferrari if the car was better, if the car could qualify better than 3/4 row, if the strategy was better, if the most prestigious team ever had a wind tunnel that was not constructed before Christ was born.
    So that is not digs at Ferrari, Alonso might have won titles if all those things is not pinning the blame at Ferrari? I never took any digs at Alonso he would have won the title if he never crashed at Spa in the wet or jumped the start, just as he would have won if Dyer never made a mistake on the pitwall, which was my point about it being a team effort not just one sided, my original comment was in reply to someone blaming Ferrari for him not winning titles, I turned it around, then you turn it back around, can you see you have taken my comment out of context in an attempt to defend Alonso?

I am always defensive when it comes to anything about Alonso? give me some examples please of this? And where am I perceived as someone who does not like Alonso also? Is there a website created by Alonso fans that list those that don't like him?
    Forza Ferrari

If it is a swap with Vettel I'm fine. I think it would be pretty stupid to move right now before 2014, where there could be a major shakeup of the rules and RBR may not have the advantage but whatever.

Vettel and Hulk/Massa would be a lineup I am absolutely fine with. And at least it gets rid of the Alonso fanboys...

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Alonso's manager meets with Christian Horner in Hungary

Not gonna be happening boys and girls. I'm certain of it.

Not going to say it would never happen, because stranger things have in the past, but seriously I doubt it. This has quite clearly been published to muddy the water, by using the name Alonso in the headline, because there is no other news to talk about. A shame because it's easy 'news' and shows a lack of any kind of effort to write something interesting and thought provoking.

Not going to happen. Just a lot of BS and speculation in the notorious silly season.

So everybody that support Alonso, please show the respect to his chosen team that they deserve and for the others, please don't disrespect Alonso, because you have issue with some of his fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Alonso View Post
    Not gonna be happening boys and girls. I'm certain of it.
    Well you should know you are married to him. Only joking Mrs Alonso.

fernando will never quit ferrari...Without fernando we are nowhere...you cannot lose the best driver...if Domenicali let this happen...we need to fire him for that.I read everything here ...i understand the frustration of everybody.I cannot believe that ferrari is 1 sec of the pace again.Since 2009, we are nowhere with Dominicali-tombazi....i think something is missing...it s like the renault post 2006...they have changed the departement of aero , the chief ect...so we need to replace dom -tomb.I prefer 100 time fernando that vettel...he is overrated by big time.he was beat by lewis-rosberg is kart and F3 , he is talented but not on the same level than lewis and fernando.Best fit for us is lewis after fernando.

It's just the hot air of the silly season. They were discussing the future of Carlos Sainz Jr.

Luca will not kick out Fernando as long as the Santander money keeps flowing in and Fernando drives on a decent level. The problem with some of you is (Fernando fanboys) that you can't grasp the idea that Fernando is just one of the best drivers, not a god among men. He can't do miracles and being a human he also has good and bad days. It's also very humane to feel frustrated after loosing two championships by so little. Would replacing him right now do any good - not likely. Would replacing Felipe do any good - not likely. Would replacing the engineers or Domenicali right now do any good - not likely. The effects of any changes can be seen 2014 at earliest, perhaps even later. There is no quick fix, apart from someone handing over the RBR blueprints.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    If it is a swap with Vettel I'm fine. I think it would be pretty stupid to move right now before 2014, where there could be a major shakeup of the rules and RBR may not have the advantage but whatever.

Vettel and Hulk/Massa would be a lineup I am absolutely fine with. And at least it gets rid of the Alonso fanboys...
    Of course, fans are more important than Ferrari's result. Not like Vettel have any fanboys

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So that is not digs at Ferrari, Alonso might have won titles if all those things is not pinning the blame at Ferrari? I never took any digs at Alonso he would have won the title if he never crashed at Spa in the wet or jumped the start, just as he would have won if Dyer never made a mistake on the pitwall, which was my point about it being a team effort not just one sided, my original comment was in reply to someone blaming Ferrari for him not winning titles, I turned it around, then you turn it back around, can you see you have taken my comment out of context in an attempt to defend Alonso?

I am always defensive when it comes to anything about Alonso? give me some examples please of this? And where am I perceived as someone who does not like Alonso also? Is there a website created by Alonso fans that list those that don't like him?
    Already explained to you that it was not a dig, just a way to explain to you that it goes both ways, I was responding to you with the same "medicine", you responded to someone that didn't say anything bad about Ferrari, he was saying facts, Alonso could have been a champion in RB, and you responded with a list of Alonso's mistakes, that's quite different.

Anyway, I think we are in the same page when it comes to team effort, but you are quicker when it comes to point the finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Not like Vettel have any fanboys

Oh i can just see that train wreck. Finger Boys everywhere!

998846_521641257902746_1230873507_n.jpg

Fernando Alonso 'very happy' at Ferrari after Red Bull link

With Mark Webber leaving F1, sources say Alonso's manager has told Red Bull that the Spaniard, 31, is potentially available to partner Sebastian Vettel.

Asked whether his representative had approached Red Bull, Alonso said: "I don't think so. Not that I know." ..................................Ferrari insist Alonso has a contract until the end of 2016, with no get-out clauses of any kind, and say he has made no contact with Red Bull.

Ferrari believe claims Alonso has approached Red Bull are mischief-making by their rivals aimed at destabilising the Italian team at a crucial moment in the championship.

"Fernando is an asset for the team," said Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali. "First of all, we have a contract with him and for sure everyone knows about it."

My eyes!! Take that picture off Dino

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    My eyes!! Take that picture off Dino
    Don't let it bother you my friend,it will never happen.

Already explained to you that it was not a dig, just a way to explain to you that it goes both ways, I was responding to you with the same "medicine", you responded to someone that didn't say anything bad about Ferrari, he was saying facts, Alonso could have been a champion in RB, and you responded with a list of Alonso's mistakes, that's quite different.

Anyway, I think we are in the same page when it comes to team effort, but you are quicker when it comes to point the finger.
    Yeah and he could have won titles at Ferrari, but he has not that is a fact and there is no fact (as you put it) he would win titles anywhere else. Claiming he would win titles at RB is just another dig at Ferrari in reality.
    Yeah I am always pointing the finger of blame, constantly putting every part of the team down, you are so correct for sure.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    "And vettel's response is priceless!" - source, please?
    Watch the BBC interviews. I think the responses give some clues.

Everybody thought that it was for Carlos Sainz Jr. But today, Christian Horner confirmed that Fernando is linked to Red Bull. He may succeed Mark Webber if he does not manage to win a title this year. But lets wait for more updates.

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    Oh i can just see that train wreck. Finger Boys everywhere!
    and they're singing "baby, baby, baby... oh baby, baby, baby..."
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by demon2424 View Post
    Everybody thought that it was for Carlos Sainz Jr. But today, Christian Horner confirmed that Fernando is linked to Red Bull. He may succeed Mark Webber if he does not manage to win a title this year. But lets wait for more updates.
    source?

Quote Originally Posted by demon2424 View Post

I'm not going to hold my breath. What ever the updates and gossip may bring, not only is Alonso not going, but he is also not interested in going.

Yeah this is what Horner said yesterday. He's not confirming anything. None of these people are stupid. They all know how the media works and how to play it to their advantage.

Yeah, media goes far more than expected. But still, if Alonso does not win a championship this year, he may decide to join. Like Hamilton wanted to join Red Bull, but unfortunately Horner denied that the partnership with Vettel won't be a good one.

If Alonso bi-chance join Red Bull, then it will be the worst decision in his whole life. Every time he will have to listen to team orders "Let Seb pass you". Red Bull gives much priority to Vettel.

Goodbye ALONSO :( I'm sorry we couldn't give you a decent car, as the best driver on the grid, he deserves more championships, and a better car, because we can't give him that.