Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alonso Tweet

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Even if he was, doing it inside and away from the media is the correct thing to do, do we believe Vettel is not pulling the internal strings at Red Bull? Lewis at Merc? MS when he was at Ferrari? some people maybe are just still bitter that Alonso beat MS in 2006
    Hm, yeah that's true. These guys probably do want to have a say in certain things internally. And yeah I agree in public, Alonso do try to appear neutral on certain thing such as his team mate, always maintaining he have no problem racing against Vettel or Lewis while showing support for Massa as well.

Even if he was, doing it inside and away from the media is the correct thing to do, do we believe Vettel is not pulling the internal strings at Red Bull? Lewis at Merc? MS when he was at Ferrari? some people maybe are just still bitter that Alonso beat MS in 2006
    You bet! I was at Monza 2006 and I know just how badly people disliked Alonso then for his stupid comments. The feeling and memory is imbibed in me. Never warmed up to him and never will. Just waiting for him to go somewhere else.
    My love for the Red cars is Final. My integrity non-negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Please back up your claims that Alonso is an internal politics player
    How about.... No :))

Quote Originally Posted by thedoctor03 View Post
    How about.... No :))
    Well done, F1 fanatic has taught you well
    Forza Ferrari

Well done, F1 fanatic has taught you well
    It's definitely a better forum I tell you that! And the site owner isn't a bully :))

how badly people disliked then for his stupid comments. ... Just waiting for him to go somewhere else.
    now it's clear why you're waiting on Vettel ...
    whoooooooo that's what I'm talking about ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

I too was at the 2006 Monza race. In fact I was sitting just above the place where Alonso's Renault expired. I had of course a Renault cap on in those days.

A small group of people in Ferrari caps spat at him through the fence and swore at him. It wasn't pretty. And it wasn't sporting. And God knows why they were doing it since it was all over for him that afternoon.
    But, the a man in a Ferrari jacket and cap sitting next to me said "I'm very sorry" .I don't know if he was sorry Alonso was out or sorry for the actions of a few fans but if he's contributing to this site and reading this I'd like to thank him for his kindness. It made me feel a bit better and I have wonderful memories of the Monza GP. Great food - which can't be said for all GP tracks - tremendous atmosphere (spitting aside) - heat, drama, excitement, colour. I'm so looking forward to returning in a couple of weeks.

The wheel spins and where it stops.......

It's definitely a better forum I tell you that! And the site owner isn't a bully :))

My my ,we are sensitive.

Indeed, Keith is an Alonso hater just like you so off course you will fit right in there.

Must be like paradise for you
    Forza Ferrari

Indeed, Keith is an Alonso hater just like you so off course you will fit right in there.

Must be like paradise for you
    Quite the contrary, the guy seems neutral to me.. And the members of the site don't adopt his DP or his mannerisms for no reason. Anyhoo, not my concern. A year down the line you and your followers will be bashing Alonso so all good ;)

Here we go.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Fernando Alonso says the public rebuke he earned from Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo at the start of the summer break was due to a misunderstanding that has now been resolved.

A Ferrari statement after the Hungarian Grand Prix said that di Montezemolo "tweaked [Alonso's] ear" following a weekend in which the two-time Formula 1 champion had joked to Italian television reporters that he wanted a car as competitive as his rivals' for his birthday.

"I think it was wrong information coming to the president," Alonso said at Spa on Thursday.

"We looked back to all the press conferences - these days with recorders etc it's easy to check exactly what you say - and it was nothing different to any other grand prix and I tried to push for the best for the team and for our performance.

"He is the father of this family, of Ferrari, he is a great motivator. He told us exactly what he expects from us and what he wants from us."

It also emerged in Hungary that Red Bull was considering Alonso as a potential driver for 2014. Alonso confirmed that he intended to stay at Ferrari and denied that di Montezemolo questioned him about his intentions.

"I think the president is a very intelligent man to separate what is rumour and what can be true," Alonso said.

"We have both been in F1 for many years now and we know what the summer break means in terms of rumours so there were never questions."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109374

It's all love
    Meanwhile, it either says something or just nothing that Alonso, Schumacher and Raikkonen have reputedly spared a F1 podium on five occasions and Fernando has stood on the top step on every occasion. He's F1's first among equals. (PG)

Quite the contrary, the guy seems neutral to me.. And the members of the site don't adopt his DP or his mannerisms for no reason. Anyhoo, not my concern. A year down the line you and your followers will be bashing Alonso so all good ;)
    Well you should spend more time there, in your Alonso hating heaven
    Forza Ferrari

Nice words by Alonso, hopefully Luca follows suit
    Forza Ferrari

And yet you come here. Masochist

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    And yet you come here. Masochist

He usually has to pay to get abused like that.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Maybe we should install a panic button for all this bullying
    Forza Ferrari

I only have two questions

And the members of the site don't adopt his DP or his mannerisms for no reason.
    What is a "DP"?

Anyhoo, not my concern. A year down the line you and your followers will be bashing Alonso so all good
    "Followers"? Does that mean we are a cult? I ain't getting some weird hair cut or anything if that is the case.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Just waiting for him to go somewhere else.
    Too bad for you....he just said he isn't going anywhere....
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

You think its that bad here, why keep coming back? Very strange, that you log in, then dig and moan about Fernando, and Greig. Open to anyone to join, thats the point of forum. But to keep doing what you do i just dont get it.

*was bullyied into typing that, and joining the Greigs way of thinking cult*
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post

What is a "DP"?

"Followers"? Does that mean we are a cult? I ain't getting some weird hair cut or anything if that is the case.

What is a "DP"?

Well........I just had this idea......if we all...eh..
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    You think its that bad here, why keep coming back? Very strange, that you log in, then dig and moan about Fernando, and Greig. Open to anyone to join, thats the point of forum. But to keep doing what you do i just dont get it.

*was bullyied into typing that, and joining the Greigs way of thinking cult*
    Like winding you fanatics up.. All going up in arms shouting forza forza... It's hilarious.

What is a "DP"?

Yep - a cult. It's fun for a couple of minutes to wind up guys doing pretty much nothing and ganging up on people willing to speak their mind :)

Like winding you fanatics up.. All going up in arms shouting forza forza... It's hilarious.
    true tifosi then.

Not by my definition. There's no difference between you and the guy who spat at Alonso at Monza 06 then

Fernando Alonso says Luca di Montezemolo was misinformed prior to his rebuke

Fernando Alonso has said that the rebuke he received from Luca di Montezemolo after the Hungarian GP was based on "wrong information" the Ferrari President had received.

The Scuderia took the unusual step of making Montezemolo's ear-bashing public in the week after the race. In the statement, he said he had "tweaked the ear" of Alonso after phoning his star driver to wish him a happy birthday.

Montezemolo was responding to comments Alonso had apparently made in Budapest. Although the statement on Ferrari's website did not clarify what they were, the consensus was that the Spaniard, who turned 32 the day after finishing a disappointing fifth at the Hungaroring, had told the media that a 'new car' topped his present wish-list.

Speaking at Spa on Thursday, however, Alonso denied having made such a comment.

"I think it was wrong information coming to the President, to be honest, because we looked back through all the press conferences," he said. "With these recorders, it's easy to check exactly what you say and obviously it was nothing different to any other grand prix.

"I tried to push for the best for the team, for our performance."

Paying tribute to Montezemolo, Alonso also denied that their conversation had turned to another notable story emerging as F1 took leave for its summer break - that he might consider leaving Ferrari at the end of the season to join rivals Red Bull.

"He is the father of this family, for Ferrari, he's a great motivator. He's a man who puts everyone in the team, the things, on the clear side and tells us exactly what he expects from us and what he wants from us," Alonso said.

"I think the President is a very intelligent man who can separate what is rumours and what is true. He never asked me anything. We've both been in Formula 1 for many years now and we know what the summer break means in terms of rumours etc."

However, when asked whether he would be staying at Ferrari next season, Alonso's response hardly reeked of conviction: a quick nod and a mumbled "yes" had to suffice for the assembled media.

And yet, as Alonso himself pointed out, it was the potential for such miscommunications that had caused the trouble in the first place.

"The President and me, we talk about this as well. Also, we learnt that doing four press conferences in the weekend in different languages; they're not my mother languages. Even the Spanish - I'm from the north, so I don't speak perfect Spanish! - means that there can be mistakes and misunderstandings," he said.

Turning to the title run-in, Alonso said that "the pattern will be decided in the next four races - what are the performances of the cars at the next four races.

"We have Spa, medium downforce, then Monza, low downforce, then Singapore, high downforce. We clearly have three different set-ups and configurations on the car and this will tell us who the main contender for Vettel is.

"For sure, he's the big favourite. Who will catch him, or who will put him in big difficulties, we will see in the next three races."

But what of his and Ferrari's chances? "It's difficult but we need to keep believing that we can do it," added Alonso, who currently stands 39 points behind Championship leader Vettel.

"The last two or three seasons, we've had some good examples of what we can do and what we can hope if we do things right.

"For this, we need to improve the car; we need to make some parts work. The first step is here in Spa."

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...2433/8883389/?
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

You bet! I was at Monza 2006 and I know just how badly people disliked Alonso then for his stupid comments. The feeling and memory is imbibed in me. Never warmed up to him and never will. Just waiting for him to go somewhere else.
    You are still bitter about something Fernando said when he was fighting for his title with Renault and in the middle of the heat? Wow- i hope you are not like that with your family and friends, seriously.

So you are a troll from F1 fanatic, I am so glad you don't like this place
    Forza Ferrari

Not by my definition. There's no difference between you and the guy who spat at Alonso at Monza 06 then
    For me it team first, i didnt like (but had alot of respect) Fernando before joining us, also same for Kimi and Schuey. Justy as long as they push hard race hard and show the passion and desire i and all of us want to see from Ferrari driver.