Thread: Rumours and 2015 Silly Season - all Vettel/Alonso chat in here please

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Unless of course Vettel is going to McLaren and Horner was trolling everyone by mentioning Ferrari
    Hamilton pretty much confirmed Ferrari in the interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Tula baba View Post
    Next! Next year with Vettel! A man who even when he was winning with RB said it was his dream to drive for Ferrari. Alonso was never going to win WDC with Ferrari, he already had the curse of Moses. No promise land for Alonso - after he said in 2006 he wishes any time to win as long as its not the the 'red car'. its called CARma

I see a red lining in the clouds for 2015 - new energy, new desire, new car!
    Nice, what else you can say about the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    Anyone here who believes that this happens out of a sudden and not planned over long hand?
    Sudden, too many changes and variables moving esp in Ferrari as an organization. As a staff, you would really be demotivated. One boss after another leaving, all in a time frame of a few months.

When we announced MM, it shocked the whole world. Don't get me wrong, top executive and a great proven track record but how much of which is related to racing?

Ferrari is being seen as on panic mode, a knee jerk reaction...

To put it into racing context, the harder we are countering the over steer, the wider the car is running out of the racing line.

If SM is to prove that he can indeed fill LdM shoes... He needs to plug this situation quickly esp in F1 and resolve all the issues with the team.

Then the process of re-building can begin.

IMHO, we are still in the 'storm'.....

Felipe Massa gave insight:

-Alonso is set to go to McLaren-Honda
    -Vettel is about to go to Ferrari
    -Ferrari have been facing big changes

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yes, but this is different now, because Alonso quit his contract with Ferrari on thursday, so nothing was not clear before that.
    where did you get that information?
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    Hamilton pretty much confirmed Ferrari in the interviews.
    He did? I don't pay attention to his interviews.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yes, but this is different now, because Alonso quit his contract with Ferrari on thursday, so nothing was not clear before that.
    Not necessarily, Lewis said he wasn't surprised by Vettel leaving Red Bull as he knew it for a while (that he was going to ferrari from rbr).

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    Niki Lauda, Sky interview.

Quote Originally Posted by a1b2i3r4 View Post

"I'm not leaving because I don't like the team or individuals, I'm not running away from anything. The voice inside me, the hunger to do something new was bigger. It was not the easiest decision but you have to listen to your heart."

The voice inside me, Trying to be Senna
    Oh come on, a comment like that is pretty common parlance.
    Forza Jules

JEV looking really frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    Niki Lauda confirmed that Alonso was released from Ferrari on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by kaidu View Post
    Welcome Seb :)

He's young enough to help to build this team back on track again.
    With Kimi we'll have a very strong driver pair next season.
    Its not the pilots' job to rebuild the team. Its all up to SM and MM's leadership....

The team being very experienced will get there if the leaders can lead.

The pilots will just drive the cars, push it to its limit and beyond.....

Does SANTANDER will pullout from ferrari as they will go wherever fernando goes??
    Hell would have broken loose

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Just now:
    Alonso: "I want to be happy..."

Few weeks earlier:
    Mattiacci: "I don't need to keep Alonso happy..."

Oh suuure.
    No chemistry and internal politics..... not good!

So a really good car is a must now......with ALO a good car was enough, with VET we need a supercar

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    So a really good car is a must now......with ALO a good car was enough, with VET we need a supercar
    LaFerrari might do?

Maybe he's only going to sign for Macca on the basis that Ron isn't part of it
    I think if they can get over 2007 then together they could be something formidable. Ron is no slouch regarding that team and his expectations for them and he seems back in control there now.

Hamster confirmed the news about Vettel?

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Sudden, too many changes and variables moving esp in Ferrari as an organization. As a staff, you would really be demotivated. One boss after another leaving, all in a time frame of a few months.

When we announced MM, it shocked the whole world. Don't get me wrong, top executive and a great proven track record but how much of which is related to racing?

Ferrari is being seen as on panic mode, a knee jerk reaction...

To put it into racing context, the harder we are countering the over steer, the wider the car is running out of the racing line.

If SM is to prove that he can indeed fill LdM shoes... He needs to plug this situation quickly esp in F1 and resolve all the issues with the team.

Then the process of re-building can begin.

IMHO, we are still in the 'storm'.....
    I miss Stefano, Marchionne giving Mattiacci unlimited control looks like disaster in the making...

Quote Originally Posted by AfterLife View Post
    James Allison clearly improve the car, Look at the qualifying. We are quicker than RedBull. One of attractiveness of Ferrari for drivers is now James Allison.
    We are not, one of our driver is. The other is still behind RedBull.

I am a Ferrari fan to the core. Half my home is filled with Ferrari stuff from many decades ago....

But I don't think that Ferrari is doing very well with strategic decisions as of late....

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    I think if they can get over 2007 then together they could be something formidable. Ron is no slouch regarding that team and his expectations for them and he seems back in control there now.
    One thing for sure Alonso would be undisputed number 1 in McLaren. Button is out of F1. He said he would making an announcement soon.

So its clear McHonda have no desire for WCC by keeping KMag. All the better for us as they would have a weaker line up than Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    If this all goes through - I assume 'Sir' Ron Badloser will not be McLaren F1 team boss? - I shall support VET (and RAI) 100%.
    Very sad we are losing THE BEST CURRENT DRIVER BAR NONE but he has been let down. The car has gradually got worse over the time he's been with us. How long should he have waited?
    Maybe this is part of the major kick up the backside Ferrari needs.
    Forza Ferrari!
    Smart guess you maybe just right.. okie cannot say no more

Maybe he's only going to sign for Macca on the basis that Ron isn't part of it
    Wow, you guys are good

I have been hearing of Flavio a lot lately.... could be a flavour

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Its not the pilots' job to rebuild the team. Its all up to SM and MM's leadership....

The team being very experienced will get there if the leaders can lead.

The pilots will just drive the cars, push it to its limit and beyond.....
    And that was the problem with Ferrari under the Alonso / SD era. Alonso was calling the shots. MM had to get things back in control. The Ferrari board were not happy with the leadership and driver control.

Thats why they brought in someone who Alonso could not wrap this fingers around and control. Alonso does not get along with anyone he cannot control. We saw it with Ron we are seeing it with MM.

MM is going to be the Jose Mourinho of F1. 'The special one.' Ferrari needs a strong leader not the weak joke that SD was. MM's decisions wont make sense to many but when Ferrari start reaping the rewards people would be back tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I miss Stefano, Marchionne giving Mattiacci unlimited control looks like disaster in the making...
    Stefano was a good leader, too much people disliked him as they labelled him soft.... he was doing a great job amidst the pressure.

He had the hottest seat in Maranello but you never see him complain.

True passionate people rarely complain, they just do they job and try and improve.

We have now passed on the baton to MM, and I am not liking what I am hearing and our performance or rather platform for 2015 doesn't sound impressive....

Quote Originally Posted by ImportPer4mance View Post
    LaFerrari might do?
    hahahahaahah, it just might

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperF1 8m8 minutes ago
    '@alo_oficial “Red Bull was never a priority, so it's not a big worry at the moment. I know what I want to do and I will tell you soon”

Quote Originally Posted by Tula baba View Post
    And that was the problem with Ferrari under the Alonso / SD era. Alonso was calling the shots. MM had to get things back in control. The Ferrari board were not happy with the leadership and driver control.

Thats why they brought in someone who Alonso could not wrap this fingers around and control. Alonso does not get along with anyone he cannot control. We saw it with Ron we are seeing it with MM.

MM is going to be the Jose Mourinho of F1. 'The special one.' Ferrari needs a strong leader not the weak joke that SD was. MM's decisions wont make sense to many but when Ferrari start reaping the rewards people would be back tracking.
    Disagree. Alonso is a force in Ferrari but he wasn't the Boss. The Boss paid the salaries... so Alonso does not make the BIG decision.

He can choose which tyre to run but that's about it

And I do not agree with those that labelled SD weak. 99.9% don't even know SD. He is a good man. A man that kept winning as the team priority. Along the lines, yes of course he needed to keep Alonso happy so that Alonso could deliver the points....

Do not one minute second guess SD's abilities..... he has been there and did a lot for Ferrari!
    Last edited by eddie; 4th October 2014 at 07:51.

Quote Originally Posted by ImportPer4mance View Post
    @alo_oficial “Red Bull was never a priority, so it's not a big worry at the moment. I know what I want to do and I will tell you soon”
    His only chance is Mclaren. No one else will want him.
    Not even Red Bull.