Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151627 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimi confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Can't wait to see him eulogise on how much he loves Ferrari and how passionate he is about the prancing horse.
    Well, people may eventually see the light and be converted to the true religion - Alonso did, so Raikkonen can do it too!

PS I haven't converted, but I am beyond hope on that department and I know that will burn in hell for it - unless you guys here bail me out by explaining that, Renault fan and all, I was still a good girl

Congratulations to Kimi!

I hope this will lead to a good cooperation between two champions in order to bring back the champiomships to Ferrari.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    Welcome back The Kimster, although not exactly unexpected, sad to see Felipe go, but feel we have the strongest driver line up on the grid now, and that can only be a good thing for the team, I liked Kimi first time he was at Maranello, got no problem with his return, certainly think Fernando and Kimi can take the fight to Red Bull, really looking forward to next season now...
    +1 with you all the way, could not of said it better....

I am very glad to see Scuderia Ferrari take this sort of decision ie. to have two champions aboard. IMHO this will be great for the sport and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiga View Post
    Well, people may eventually see the light and be converted to the true religion - Alonso did, so Raikkonen can do it too!

PS I haven't converted, but I am beyond hope on that department and I know that will burn in hell for it - unless you guys here bail me out by explaining that, Renault fan and all, I was still a good girl

Nope, he won't, he already had that opportunity. But i won't complain as long as he brings home the points, so lets wait and see.

Happy but not ecstatic about his return!!
    My only reall concern is about the competitiveness of our car!!!
    If we will have a competitive car then we will see a lot of 1-2s!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

so, i see now what you were saying when you spoke about ''Kimibots''!!! Interesting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    Welcome back The Kimster, although not exactly unexpected, sad to see Felipe go, but feel we have the strongest driver line up on the grid now, and that can only be a good thing for the team, I liked Kimi first time he was at Maranello, got no problem with his return, certainly think Fernando and Kimi can take the fight to Red Bull, really looking forward to next season now...
    Me too

I hope we can gain some cool Kimi fan members to discuss F1 and Ferrari with also. It will probably take some time for them to warm to Ferrari again, but I hope there is no impending war between the Alonso and Kimi corners.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    i wonder how many toys will be thrown when kimi is comfortably beaten by Fernando? guess i have to just wait a bit and see how that one year option won't be necessary...
    Kimi is a great driver, but indeed I too think that he is no Fernando. I remember how difficult it was for Kimi to handle Felipe, so I think he may be more consistent than Massa was, but not faster.

Mr Alonso pushing Mr Raikkonen to the limit and vice versa, Mr Allison bringing vital reinforcement to the technical department, new cars and new engines...this may turn out to be great!

and how he has dreamed about this comeback for so many years. and how Ferrari will be his last team.. oh we're talking about Kimi, this will all be written by PR, he doesn't know how to speak more than 2 sentence in straight line
    What matters is that Kimi is fast, not what he or his PR says.

invasion-normandy_00425160.jpg
    Kimbot invasion has begun
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Kimi is as fast as the car he is driving. Not every driver is, so he is a good driver, but don't try to make ***** Norris out of him.

of course he is fast, but if he is unmotivated, then even the fact that he's fast, won't help. anyway i try to hold my judgement (unlike before) until the season starts and we see the man really driving

Finally we got rid of Alonso's pet to make room for the real and the only Ferrari champion that is still present in F1. Now I guess it's all up to Alonso to do his part of the job, which is to throw his toys out of the pram like in 2007 and soon we will have Kimi - Hulk at our beloved team or even better, Kimi - Vettel some time in the future.
    This is not the way to come here is it? The first thing you do is insulting both of Ferrari's drivers.
    I don't see why. All of us here were very aware of Felipe's troubles, but he is still our driver and we support him.
    Next year we will also support Kimi because he is then a Ferrari driver.
    Don't think though that Kimi will be able to get Fernando in trouble. Kimi had trouble enough keeping up with Felipe when they were teammates and Fernando has proven to be the best of the best.

Oh my..Ferrari, dont you see what u have done????
    Alonso fans..Kimi fans...all in ONE place?????

Lets hope it stays calm at Ferrari as..it aint goona here....have a nice day.

I've still got that Kimi cap from 2009 - signed by Mark Arnell
    Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Oh my..Ferrari, dont you see what u have done????
    Alonso fans..Kimi fans...all in ONE place?????

Lets hope it stays calm at Ferrari as..it aint goona here....have a nice day.
    we need Stefano here to tell everyone to stay calm

i have to say Ferrari's yestertday's press conference got more press covarage than this

Kimi confirmed

Welcome back Kimi!
    Welcome to Kimi fans as well, although Kimibots like a couple who posted in this thread are not welcome

Nice to see Kimi back. Hopefully he will perform like in the 2nd part of 2009 or these years at Lotus, but I think that Alonso is the fastest driver of both on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I've still got that Kimi cap from 2009 - signed by Mark Arnell
    sure it wasn't his manager? i heard he signs everything for Kimi... contracts and such

of course he is fast, but if he is unmotivated, then even the fact that he's fast, won't help. anyway i try to hold my judgement (unlike before) until the season starts and we see the man really driving
    Unmotivated is an invented myth. He is the same Kimi of 2003 - 2006, 2007-2009 or 2011-2012. He was probably fed up with the team that stopped listening to his preferences and decided to quit. After Massa accident, when Ferrari had no other option than to listen to Kimi, he put some amazing performances in a non-competitive car, culminating with the victory in Spa 2009. He kept on getting the best out that car until the end of 2009 season, even though he knew already he got the boot to make room for Alonso. All the unmotivated stuff was invented by the press, starting with James Allen if I remember correctly.

And now let me put it this way... if he was / is like you are describing, why did Ferrari decided to re-hire him in the first place ? Let's not overreact and think about this as objective as possible. You are running a company, one of your employees is lazy, you show him the door, then after a while you re-hire him ? It doesn't make sense, at least not to me. In my opinion, the decision to get rid of him was not performance based.

Unmotivated is an invented myth. He is the same Kimi of 2003 - 2006, 2007-2009 or 2011-2012. He was probably fed up with the team that stopped listening to his preferences and decided to quit. After Massa accident, when Ferrari had no other option than to listen to Kimi, he put some amazing performances in a non-competitive car, culminating with the victory in Spa 2009. He kept on getting the best out that car until the end of 2009 season, even though he knew already he got the boot to make room for Alonso. All the unmotivated stuff was invented by the press, starting with James Allen if I remember correctly.

And now let me put it this way... if he was / is like you are describing, why did Ferrari decided to re-hire him in the first place ? Let's not overreact and think about this as objective as possible. You are running a company, one of your employees is lazy, you show him the door, then after a while you re-hire him ? It doesn't make sense, at least not to me. In my opinion, the decision to get rid of him was not performance based.
    i have no idea why he was re-hired, i wouldn't have done that. but i still say i hold my judgement until new season starts.
    why do you think his preferences will be counted this time when we have a driver who is currently driving the car and has other preferences? in this case i see the thing fail again if Kimi gets fed up again. let's wait and see, we have season 2013 still going

Credit were credit is due, that takes balls to go to Ferrari and fight Alonso.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    Credit were credit is due, that takes balls to go to Ferrari and fight Alonso.
    Only money

i have to say the fact that the contract is so short-term possibly indicates that Ferrari still keeps eye on young talents, good that we have few lined up to gain a bit experience who most likely won't be very bitter about not being signed just yet

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    IMHO this will be great for the sport and fans.
    But maybe not for the team
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

As drivers go, Kimi had been my favorite for quite some time and I welcome his return to the team. Having said that, Alonso's performance as of late, especially given the sub-par equipement he has been working with, appears all but impossible to beat. What Fernando does with that tub of lard car is otherworldly.

It takes a huge set of brass ones to come to Ferrari and challenge someone like Alonso. I hope it brings out the best in both of them.

I hope Felipe puts in some 2008-ish drives in the last 1/3 of the season and finds a home in F1 worthy of his tallant and dedication.