Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost motivation a danger..

Lost motivation a danger..

2010 was when he really faced an easy season. He should have won the title with all the support he got from the team. It was unlike 2007 when the case was different.
    2011 is when he learnt that 2005 and 2006 might not come back.
    2012 is when he upped his game tremendously. However a Grosjean denied him what could have been something he kept talking about since 2010. A 3rd title.
    And then came 2013, he won 2 races in the start and again.. The graph repeated the previous years.
    Too much talk of how he will "win it" this year and opposite action shows Fernando is losing his motivation. Are we seeing a Temporary occurrence or this might be a reason why we got Kimi for next year?
    4 down, 3 to go! Forza Sebastian!

Quote Originally Posted by scuderia_nano View Post
    2010 was when he really faced an easy season. He should have won the title with all the support he got from the team. It was unlike 2007 when the case was different.
    2011 is when he learnt that 2005 and 2006 might not come back.
    2012 is when he upped his game tremendously. However a Grosjean denied him what could have been something he kept talking about since 2010. A 3rd title.
    And then came 2013, he won 2 races in the start and again.. The graph repeated the previous years.
    Too much talk of how he will "win it" this year and opposite action shows Fernando is losing his motivation. Are we seeing a Temporary occurrence or this might be a reason why we got Kimi for next year?
    How long did it take Schumacher to win the title for Ferrari?
    Kimi is there for his consistency:WCC points.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    How long did it take Schumacher to win the title for Ferrari?
    And how long are we going to use that as an excuse for not improving??? That is history!!!

Is it OK to just accept being second rate year after year watching another team run away with the championship? Other teams have made significant performance improvements in the last couple of years. You can't expect someone of Alonso's caliber to be content fighting for 5th or 6th place.

5 years (including the '99 when he was injured). But the team was getting better every year. Right now we have been 5 years in a row without the best car, and some years '11 (with a mediocre one).

If next year we are not able to give our drivers a car capable of fighting for the championship is going to be chaotic. I think that Fernando is not the only one demotivated in that team and that's something to be worried about.

Not sure how one qualifying session suggests lost motivation.
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah, I think everyone is reading too much into this. It's not the first time Massa out qualifies Alonso, qualifying appears to be one of Massa's strength. And past results have shown that Massa tends to do well here in Japan too.

And interviews like this from the team's "fearless" leader don't help.

http://www.f1today.net/en/news/domen...th-schumacher?

If Vettel wants a new challenge, moving to Ferrari and driving the car you have been providing to your drivers in the last 5 years would indeed be a challenge. Not only is SD praising a competitor but at the same time he is demeaning the effort and dedication of his current drivers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pericoloso View Post
    And how long are we going to use that as an excuse for not improving??? That is history!!!

Is it OK to just accept being second rate year after year watching another team run away with the championship? Other teams have made significant performance improvements in the last couple of years. You can't expect someone of Alonso's caliber to be content fighting for 5th or 6th place.
    It's not an excuse at all! All I want to say that having the best driver is not an immediate guarantee for success. There is more to it, everything has to be there. The years of MS just prove that, that's all.

If Vettel wants a new challenge, moving to Ferrari and driving the car you have been providing to your drivers in the last 5 years would indeed be a challenge. Not only is SD praising a competitor but at the same time he is demeaning the effort and dedication of his current drivers!!!
    Doesnt prove anything. SD just saying it reminds him of our good old days. Of course he going to say that about Vettel that the doors will be open in few years. Just as any team would, oh wait sounds like team principal said something simialar the other week about Fernando, just saying any team would love to have Fernando, as we saying Vettel. Yeah he may join us in 2016/17, when Fernandos contract up and he retires from F1.

In that time he will get another 3 WDCs.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Stefano is being plain stupid here: if you want to place a bomb under the team, then this is the way to do it. Maybe he should look a little more to the development department before licking an outsiders ***!
    Such things make me mad, it's just starting a whole new period of rumours and disorder.

Hm....excuse my harsh words please, but I do not like these things. Ferrari need peace and concentration to build a great car and a solid team for next year....

Stefano is being plain stupid here: if you want to place a bomb under the team, then this is the way to do it. Maybe he should look a little more to the development department before licking an outsiders ***!
    Such things make me mad, it's just starting a whole new period of rumours and disorder.
    Have edited your post, no need to swear, and no need to insult team members.

Plus, if people read it proper, he JUST saying RBR&Vettel reminds him, and me of our glory years. They done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Have edited your post, no need to swear, and no need to insult team members.

Plus, if people read it proper, he JUST saying RBR&Vettel reminds him, and me of our glory years. They done the same.
    As you can see, I had already written an excuse....maybe got carried away a little, but although you may be right that it does not actually mean anything I still believe it is not a wise thing to do given the position we are in right now.
    I have always liked SD, but it is my opinion that this is not the moment.

BTW: you are FAST!

As you can see, I had already written an excuse....maybe got carried away a little, but although you may be right that it does not actually mean anything I still believe it is not a wise thing to do given the position we are in right now.
    I have always liked SD, but it is my opinion that this is not the moment.

BTW: you are FAST!

I know, but Martin Whitmarsh said same thing about Fernando. Now look what has happened. Think we need 2013 to end now,and get all team working for 2014 and forget all rumours and what has happened this year and come back stronger and show media and F1 that Ferrari&Fernando be together till he retires.

I agree that the timing of these remarks by Stefano is poorly judged unless he is really making the way for Vettel with Alonso going elsewhere. If you see it that way it makes sense.

But there is difference between whitmarsh's comments. McLaren desperately need a star driver but we already have a star driver so why does Stefano say such things? And this isn't the first time he has said such things. Luca too. Very unnecessary to make the drivers feel like they are so expendable even though they are.

But what we dont want is Mclaren 2007 situation for us next year if Fernando unhappy.

Think he just wants this year to end and get on with getting the teams problems sorted so he/Kimi can and will fight for WDC/WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by shamim179 View Post
    I agree that the timing of these remarks by Stefano is poorly judged unless he is really making the way for Vettel with Alonso going elsewhere. If you see it that way it makes sense.

But there is difference between whitmarsh's comments. McLaren desperately need a star driver but we already have a star driver so why does Stefano say such things? And this isn't the first time he has said such things. Luca too. Very unnecessary to make the drivers feel like they are so expendable even though they are.
    "Poorly judged" is right. Is SD thinking that bringing Vettel to Ferrari will all of a sudden make the difference? Vettel is the 3rd or 4th best driver in F1 driving the best car in F1. Why would he go anywhere unless he has guarantees that he can continue to win WDCs???

I can't say one way or another if Alonso is motivaed or not from where I sit; what I can say is this "it must be dis-hearting to enter your machine knowing that you really have no realistic chance of winning the WDC let alone a race." That thought alone HAS to wear on any normal human being, knowing no matter how hard you try success is not coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by leygan View Post
    5 years (including the '99 when he was injured). But the team was getting better every year. Right now we have been 5 years in a row without the best car, and some years '11 (with a mediocre one).

If next year we are not able to give our drivers a car capable of fighting for the championship is going to be chaotic. I think that Fernando is not the only one demotivated in that team and that's something to be worried about.

A bit of the spark in his eyes is gone. He knows that the battle is lost, again, so why push maximum every second? 2010 must have been heartbreaking and 2012 not much easier. I think he too is looking forward to 2014, hoping that our car is top of the heap and others are trailing behind.
    Last edited by FFFerrari; 12th October 2013 at 15:54.

Quote Originally Posted by R Ginart View Post
    I can't say one way or another if Alonso is motivaed or not from where I sit; what I can say is this "it must be dis-hearting to enter your machine knowing that you really have no realistic chance of winning the WDC let alone a race." That thought alone HAS to wear on any normal human being, knowing no matter how hard you try success is not coming!
    Not only applies to Fernando.
    Forza Ferrari

Yes you are right Creig, it applies to the entire field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Not only applies to Fernando.

After Monaco people said the shame, even ex-drivers, Alonso responded with 2 podiums after Monaco.

happens, every drivers has ups and downs.

Motivated or not is irrelevant as Mr Alonso is contracted until 2016 and will continue to do his best.

We have seen what happens to contracts when a driver gives up trying
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    We have seen what happens to contracts when a driver gives up trying

Very true mate.

You cannot be suggesting that Mr Alonso could be sacked if he would lose his motivation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    You cannot be suggesting that Mr Alonso could be sacked if he would lose his motivation?
    As would most employees, yes.
    Forza Ferrari

Why not. End of day, team comes first. If next year he does slip in performance, like Kimi did, bye bye. I would hate too see that happen, as i love to see him WDC with us.

It's a marriage made in heaven so it'll never happen. And where would SF get a new #1 driver in such a case.

Nope, won't happen.

Of course. When a driver loses his motivation it's no use to keep going on. But it won't happen, next year Fernando will be as hungry as ever.

It's a marriage made in heaven so it'll never happen. And where would SF get a new #1 driver in such a case.

Nope, won't happen.
    there is that driver at RBR who is always out in front, or Lewis