Page 1 of 154 123456789101112131415265176101 ... LastLast

Thread: F14-T- Development & News

F14-T- Development & News

Now that Red Bull have wrapped up the 2013 driver's and constructor's title, thought it might be a good idea to start a thread about our 2014 challenger. Byrne, Fry, Allison, Fernando, Kimi..surely no excuses in 2014!

Lol!! Next year we have two good drivers and a team that can train and a Stallion to be a Donkey!

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo181 View Post
    Lol!! Next year we have two good drivers and a team that can train and a Stallion to be a Donkey!

Unfortunately we won't have much to discuss yet I think. Ferrari is very secretive even regarding the V6 engine. We have yet to see any picture or sound of our new V6. I wonder which one we'll get see first next year, the new engine or the new car.

Anyway just for fun I'll put this 2014 car template here by Scarbs and next year we'll see how different the 2014 car is from this basic idea. Hopefully we'll see something on the Ferrari that no one else thought of

Credit to Scarbs.

To be anywhere near the front our engine needs to be the dominant...as our aero etc will only let us down! the pressure is seriously on!! Why am I saying this...no evidence of real improvement and 2014 car has been developed over two years where we have shown what we are capable off! Can not wait tho!

Well the journos seem to think Ferrari is struggling badly to get their 2014 car up to speed. But then, the journos thought it would be McLaren vs Ferrari despite the rule change in 2009.

Nobody knows. This is exactly what Ferrari have been lobbying for now, so they surely can't mess up.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

for the love of god please finally design a fast car. After 5 years its time to be a top team again. The fans have suffered enough.

Hope three or at least one Team would be equal or faster than RedBull. We need more competitive teams. It is essential to stop RedBull's dominance next year.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Well the journos seem to think Ferrari is struggling badly to get their 2014 car up to speed. But then, the journos thought it would be McLaren vs Ferrari despite the rule change in 2009.

Nobody knows. This is exactly what Ferrari have been lobbying for now, so they surely can't mess up.
    Don't be so sure about messing thing up... Let's wait and see

Hope for the best! But...we will see. Ferrari must improve.

Well, at least we know that if 2014 turns out to be like the last four years, then the Scuderia might start 2015 with a different team principal, that's for sure. Chief designer, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    Well, at least we know that if 2014 turns out to be like the last four years, then the Scuderia might start 2015 with a different team principal, that's for sure. Chief designer, too.
    If we start 2014 with the same team principal then we know the result even today.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Well the journos seem to think Ferrari is struggling badly to get their 2014 car up to speed.
    You mean the V6 or the car? I've heard negative things about the V6, nothing about the car.

The only things I've heard about the car:

1. Both La Stampa and a Spanish paper (I think Marca?) said we're going back to push-rod suspension at the front. La Stampa said Allison made the call to ditch front pull rod.
    2. Rory Byrne has said lap times will go up by 4-5 seconds "mainly because of the 50 kg extra weight."
    3. De La Rosa told Marca a couple of weeks ago that our nose would have a steep drop and that 2014 noses will be ugly.
    4. At Suzuka, Massa mentioned that 2014 cars would have "a lot less downforce".

I have no doubts about the V6 being ready to rumble when the season starts. I also believe that the new car will be very competitive when the season starts. Monty is done screwing around too, he has opened up the purse strings and pretty much demanded a winner for this coming year... The team are pulling in talent and technology from all 4 corners of the planet. This season may be over for the championship but being number 2 in the WCC means a lot of money to spend for 2014 so keep up the support!!!!! Also remember the guys are out there away from home and their families pushing a car after the championship has been determined. They need your support now more than ever!!

From our visit on 9/3/2013

LucaMeLorenzo.jpg
    Last edited by GrndLkNatv; 28th October 2013 at 00:51.
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

We need to stay calm !

Quote Originally Posted by radosav View Post
    We need to stay calm !
    For sure.

We need to stay calm !
    And to work very hard back in the factory and maximize our performance on track!

via @erteclas

We need to stay calm !
    As we did the last 5 seasons

I like these kind of nose on F1 car.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    As we did the last 5 seasons
    ...and we become Yoga masters.

SD is sounding to me like Mighty Yoda from Star Wars COME WE NEED TO KEEP, AND CARRY ON WE SHALL.

Those renderings are kind of nice, especially the nose. The front camber seems off.

I gotta say, if I see the new car with enormous sidepods again, I'm going to lose all hope right there and then. I mean it.

There was a GIF I saw with a comparison between the Ferrari and the Red Bull, and, Jesus, the RB had tiny sidepods by comparison.

I would expect to see the 2014 cars to look significantly different than that rendering. The back of the sidepods should become much narrower the exhaust position is much different. To me this would suggest that Red Bull have an early advantage as their current sidepod design is different than most F1 cars on the grid. What kind of air intake designs they will run to cool the intercooler will be very interesting, and could have a pretty big performance impact. I believe the engine covers are going to become basically billboards, except for just behind the roll hope, and above the engine itself. Reason as the exhaust pipe will be as low as possible and the ram air design isn't nearly as important with a turbo charger. Simply get all the air possible to the turbo intake.

The exhaust pipe itself will be much bigger than shown, I'm not sure if the shape even has to be round. Being creative with charging the aerodynamics with this exhaust flow will be important.

The front wing elements will likely look different, particularly towards chassis side and the endplates. Personally I am not a fan of this low nose design, I much prefer the high nose, at least something similar to the late 90s, early 00s cars.

With the reduction of downforce and the added weight, these cars are almost getting too slow.

Thought they raised the noses this year on the cars for safety? Next years cars with lower front noses look like a perfect ramp for another car to launch onto the car and then the driver!!

Thought they raised the noses this year on the cars for safety? Next years cars with lower front noses look like a perfect ramp for another car to launch onto the car and then the driver!!
    They used to have such lower noses almost since the begging, and how many head to head collision were?

Actually the nose was raised for aerodynamic purposes, to allow as much air to flow underneath it as possible. This air will continue to flow along the side of the sidepod to the rear. The danger of the high nose tip is that they are now almost on level with the top of the cockpit and if the car hits another car from the side, the tip of the nose could go over the side and impact the driver's head.

Therefore by lowering the nose tip, it will ensure that the tip will impact the side of the car and not the driver's head.

I bet newey has some genius way of exploiting that exhaust gas already!

I think we'll have a pretty decent car. Ferrari never really got to grips with EBD, but now that the rules will make the cars revert back to pure aero, we should be ok. Ferrari have a lot of experience making aero efficient cars without EBD and Byrne is helping out.. I think he is probably one of the best aero guys. I expect Mercedes, with Costa will be good as well, his cars were pretty efficient.

I agree that their blown diffuser concept is probably their biggest advantage. But they do have other strength too, such as their good traction out of slow corners. Their traction made them superior in street circuits with many slow corners such as Singapore.

Traction is one of the aresa we need to improve on

with narrower front wing, i guess they try to pass air flow around inside part of tire not the outside, like previews