Thread: F14-T- Development & News

Quote Originally Posted by f300v10 View Post
    This is good news:

From James Alison: "We have obtained some good baselines from which to continue the development of the F14 T,” said the Scuderia’s Technical Director, talking to www.ferrari.com. “We are working mainly on car reliability and so far, we can claim to be reasonably satisfied because, even though we are talking about a car that’s almost totally new, we haven’t encountered any particular problems. We are also happy with the data parameters we have seen in terms of cooling, as well as those relating to aerodynamic downforce: both of them have matched our expectations"

Aero data and cooling matching expectations is huge.
    Great news.

Quote Originally Posted by f300v10 View Post
    This is good news:

From James Alison: "We have obtained some good baselines from which to continue the development of the F14 T,” said the Scuderia’s Technical Director, talking to www.ferrari.com. “We are working mainly on car reliability and so far, we can claim to be reasonably satisfied because, even though we are talking about a car that’s almost totally new, we haven’t encountered any particular problems. We are also happy with the data parameters we have seen in terms of cooling, as well as those relating to aerodynamic downforce: both of them have matched our expectations"

Aero data and cooling matching expectations is huge.
    This is indeed good news. Especially the aerodynamic data matching expectations. This could indicate that the new wind tunnel is working properly, which would be huge. The only caution is that it is not going to be 10C in Bahrain. Let's hope that cooling is not an issue there.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Effective ore not i'm a bit that We never achieve any real innovation, every year we have to copy something instead of being the innovators. Hope mc rear susp it's not a game breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulpg87 View Post
    Effective ore not i'm a bit that We never achieve any real innovation, every year we have to copy something instead of being the innovators. Hope mc rear susp it's not a game breaker.
    I sincerely hope that we don't witness another 2009 season!

Allison is looking into that McLaren solution too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulpg87 View Post
    If we see any innovation in the F14 T it will be later on, where the race packages will be put on. But does it matter that much? RedBull last year didn't have that much massive innovations, I mean they got their exhaust blowing working fantastically well, 2011 McLaren's sidepods didn't get them a title etc.

Besides, aren't there rumours Ferrari's powertrain has some interesting packaging solutions? Apparently FIA have said it is fine after a clarification from Renault and Merc.

I couldn't care less now if Ferrari don't have any new fancy aero bits. Just so long as the bits on the car actually work, and the boys win races and titles.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    If we see any innovation in the F14 T it will be later on, where the race packages will be put on. But does it matter that much? RedBull last year didn't have that much massive innovations, I mean they got their exhaust blowing working fantastically well, 2011 McLaren's sidepods didn't get them a title etc.

Besides, aren't there rumours Ferrari's powertrain has some interesting packaging solutions? Apparently FIA have said it is fine after a clarification from Renault and Merc.

I couldn't care less now if Ferrari don't have any new fancy aero bits. Just so long as the bits on the car actually work, and the boys win races and titles.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

+1000!!!
    My thoughts exactly!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Well said!!!
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

James Allison on Sky: "The numbers correlate the windtunnel. This is crucial and hasn’t happened in previous years"

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    This is indeed good news. Especially the aerodynamic data matching expectations. This could indicate that the new wind tunnel is working properly, which would be huge. The only caution is that it is not going to be 10C in Bahrain. Let's hope that cooling is not an issue there.
    Great news on the correlation and don't worry about the temps in Jerez they would have factored this in I am 100% sure of it.
    Also good to see they trialled blocking some of the vents also to further strain the cooling of the power unit and this remained on all day.

I hope Ferrari and Sauber are collaborating as close as the Merc powered teams. That is impressive what they are doing.

even better news regarding red bull....

When pushed on the exact cause of Red Bull's engine fire, Taffin insisted it was nothing to do with the design of the power unit, instead he hinted that Red Bull's car design may have been the cause. "No," he replied. "You may need to ask my colleagues at Red Bull [what caused that problem]. "It's the different intergration [between teams]," he added, suggesting Red Bull are packaging the unit differently to Toro Rosso and Caterham. It's believed Red Bull aren't providing enough cooling to certain areas of the power unit, particularly the energy recovery system. This could have caused the brief fire which curtailed their running. Red Bull have completed just 11 laps over two days, whilst Toro Rosso has done 15 (all on Tuesday) and Caterham 12 (all but one on Wednesday). - See more at: http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/displa....FcRCoM5P.dpuf

If anyone wants one of the nicest pictures of our car, WITHOUT a pitot tube on, you can download it from the link below. I photoshopped it out.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...hout_pitot.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    If anyone wants one of the nicest pictures of our car, WITHOUT a pitot tube on, you can download it from the link below. I photoshopped it out.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...hout_pitot.jpg

Could you put Alonso in too.

regarding post #1423, thanks for todays new screen saver. it just knocked yesterdays off, the crash of hamilton.........

Quote Originally Posted by f1tomi8 View Post
    James Allison on Sky: "The numbers correlate the windtunnel. This is crucial and hasn’t happened in previous years"
    Now that's what i like to hear, Forza Ferrari.

Thumbs up

Spot on ! Completely agreed !

Great news..!!!
    Hope this gets Ferrari back in the development race,cause this year its going to be crucial.
    I Will End My Career At Ferrari...

Talking about the Mclaren gadget, it looks pretty cool, but sometimes that kind of gadget sounds very nice in the theory but not always gives the win. This kind of conversation always happends when something weird appears (excepting that stupid caterham nose, no one is thinking if thoose engineers nailed it. No, I'm kidding, thats a stupid desing), like the 2011 mclaren's side pods, or the F-duct.

Otherwise, I read something about Ferrari's rear suspension and his aerodinamic aplication. Mclaren aren't the only ones thinking in how bring downforce to the rear zone, after the blown difussers and coanda. In fact, autosprint (or omnicorse, I don't remember it) already talk about this mclaren solution a month ago.

I don't want our engineers to show our cards so early. We must have faith. Maybe we didn't put in the car ver weird things, but think in mclaren (who use to) and how many WDC and WCC have won since 1999. Ore looking close, think in Red Bull, they never have something as unusual as mclaren use to, and how use the RB to crush everybody this years. That thing sometimes naild it and sometimes are just funny things to see, like the Tyrrell P34

Keep the faith in the Scuderia and our engineers (at least they didn't put a dildo in the front, or that caterham thing. Really, what the hell they where thinking? )

Not a single positive things from GA about our car...

F14-T- Development & News

Jerez (30/01/2014)

via Sutton

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post

I, too, am surprised by the ambiguous sidepods - the exits, in particular, should have been more refined, perhaps like RB10's. The front wing is no different to the ones from last year.

EDIT: And we don't know anything about the suspension. If it can't work with the tires, it's Game Over.
    Last edited by Bubbles; 30th January 2014 at 08:59.

white smoke?
    habemus right development also through the year?
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post

Last year he made that pile of crap McLaren potential champions based on the first of days of testing, now he is claiming that Red Bull is the most impressive car (a car with 3 laps!). He can say whatever he likes, but his educated guesses have missed the mark about 3 years in a row now.

Gary Anderson rarely have positive things to say about Ferrari anyway

You'll probably get fairer assessment from the fans of other teams than you can from him

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Gary Anderson rarely have positive things to say about Ferrari anyway

You'll probably get fairer assessment from the fans of other teams than you can from him
    I would take what Mr. Anderson says with a whole truckload of salt,he was never able to build a campionship winning car having had often a budget superior to the one of Lotus Renault
    Last edited by RedPassion; 30th January 2014 at 10:49.
    "Sebastian,Daniel is Faster Than you"
    "Tough Luck!"

Ferrari has considered 'dozens' of noses

Ferrari technical director James Allison says his team has looked at dozens of different nose types for the new F14 T, but has played down the importance of the nose for overall performance.

Allison joined the team from Lotus last year after originally working on his old team's unique twin-pronged design. Ferrari has a very different design, but Allison said the team has been looking at several options over the winter.

"On the noses we've already looked at dozens and dozens of noses of all different shapes and sizes," he said. "Like any other part of the car that is free for us to develop we will keep looking at it because we do.

"Why the [current] nose? Well if you look around you in the pit lane you will see that there's a different nose on every car and there's not too much similarity between any of the cars. The reason for that is the nose rules allow quite a lot geometrical freedom and you go off exploring that freedom.

"The reason there isn't a single solution is it's not actually that sensitive an area, so there are lots and lots of different solutions that work. I came from another team before that has a very aggressive solution; I worked on that with the team and this car has got another solution but there's really not much in that. They're just things that are good to talk about because they are right up at the front of the car."

Allison said the packaging of the engine is far more important to the performance of the car and he believes Ferrari has done an "exquisite" job.

"The engines - if and when you guys get to see them when they're not completely covered in heat shields - you'll see that they are incredibly busy compared with the things that we've been used to looking at in the last few years," he said. "This car has been rather exquisitely packaged by the team that worked on it more than two years ago and brought it to this point. So it's very neat, very small and when you've got that much mechanical complexity to fit in then making it in a small package is very neat.

"On the aerodynamic side of course we are doing what we've always been doing which is looking for downforce, trying to minimise drag and trying to make sure that that downforce is deliverable to a track in a way that is driveable.

"The overall philosophy of the car is, on the power unit side, that everybody has got the same amount of fuel; whoever can make the engine most efficient will have the most power, so the engine guys have been working long and hard for that. At the same time they've been aggressive and bending over backwards for us on the chassis side to make sure they produce an engine that is packageable, that allows itself to be cooled with radiators that are manageably packageable on the car. You see our car has got quite a neat cooling package and the bodywork is quite small - that's part of what the engine guys have done to provide that for us."

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Bella. Thx for the pics Tifosi1993. The dawn of Fernando Alonso's 2014 campaign in proper Rosso Corsa. Hopefully its the most aero efficient car in addition to being the most beautiful. Avanti!

Look at this - according to Gary Anderson, our design is too conservative but Mercedes who have the same nose and a bulkier and simpler rear have an elegant design. McLaren's predictable anteater nose and huge sidepods looks the part.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    Look at this - according to Gary Anderson, our design is too conservative but Mercedes who have the same nose and a bulkier and simpler rear have an elegant design. McLaren's predictable anteater nose and huge sidepods looks the part.

Gary is a Joke,never seen someone so partial as him.
    "Sebastian,Daniel is Faster Than you"
    "Tough Luck!"