Thread: F14-T- Development & News

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso14 View Post
    Given our history can he really come out and say without consequences that this season should be written off because our car does not have the potential to the catch the leaders?
    Well i think that he could be more pessimistic without basing the team!!
    But to say that Mercs have done a fandastic job in this first partof the season and that it is in our hands to catch them,well in my eyes this is more then a few fansy words for the media!!!!
    Then again it's just me being too optimistic!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Ferrari is the only other engine manufacturer who has a team in F1 so that was the obvious choice.
    Red Bull & Renault. Would be funny that comparison. I want to see that plz!!
    Besides, how did they know we don't have a split turbo?

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

so been away and totaly disgusted regarding are situation do we no if we are running the turbo and compressor at opposite ends of the pu like mercedes and if we can get are software and mapping straighten out would we be on the same page as the mercs and fight them or have we lost the season already

If it's hardware related and no hopes of improving, I'm gonna shoot myself.

Surely, we're better of cheating than not touching the engine. We've got to find something clever and say it's a matter of security.

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post
    Red Bull & Renault. Would be funny that comparison. I want to see that plz!!
    Besides, how did they know we don't have a split turbo?

There wouldn't be so much contrast. RedBull has pretty tight rear too.

Realistically the championship is out of the question. However 2nd is very very close amongst the teams. If we can pick up some top end speed we can still leave this season with some respect and a more positive outlook toward the future. The team needs to keep pushing and we need to keep supporting.
    Forza Ferrari!!

This statement is so sadly true! What a pathetic and embaressing showing this past weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickEice View Post
    Realistically the championship is out of the question. However 2nd is very very close amongst the teams. If we can pick up some top end speed we can still leave this season with some respect and a more positive outlook toward the future. The team needs to keep pushing and we need to keep supporting.

from what we have witnessed so far I would be very very surprised we can fight for second. I expect RB, Williams, FI and McL to solidify their advantage over Ferrari, it is my gut feeling again based upon what we have seen so far.

I just cannot imagine that our problems are solvable this season. Too many issues, too many flaws in every area of the car, the F14T simply ill conceived.

If we now start focusing on the needed changes and I mean NOW, we can hope for a better 2015 and may be getting back into the real fight in 2016. The key for Ferrari now is complete overhaul, a new start from scratch. Now.

We will have a clear indication the next couple of days: two crucial days of testing where we will not be able to accomplish absolutely nothing.

Yes, I wish I was wrong…..

If in Spain we don't made a clear step in perfomance, well, than we can start to work and concentrate all the efforts to 2015.

I remember another tweet that said that concerning the ice, we are on the same level as Mercs and that it's the electric motors and the use of it that we are struggling!!!!
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 8th April 2014 at 06:32.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Well i think that he could be more pessimistic without basing the team!!
    But to say that Mercs have done a fandastic job in this first partof the season and that it is in our hands to catch them,well in my eyes this is more then a few fansy words for the media!!!!
    Then again it's just me being too optimistic!!!!!
    Your not being too optimistic, it's just Pure Passion on your part! And I too believe were still in it for this year for sure.
    [SIGPIC]

F14-T- Development & News

Official In-season Testing, Bahrain (Day-1, 08/04/2014)

and if we cannot make it in 2015, either? I believe I've heard this over and over again for several years now. Other teams have down the same thing and succeeded, showed significant improvement, while we are the one that's supposed to be the benchmark of Formula 1, we just simply don't deliver.
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel08 View Post
    If in Spain we don't made a clear step in perfomance, well, than we can start to work and concentrate all the efforts to 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    There wouldn't be so much contrast. RedBull has pretty tight rear too.
    Would be funny to see Brundle explain why that is and its influence on turbo positioning
    By da way you didn't answer my 2nd question

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Is this brake duct legal?

Why not, It isnt moving is it?

F1 show biz 2016 :

Didn't Lotus run similar ducts (a bit smaller) in Bahrain?

http://thef1team.files.wordpress.com...site_00003.jpg

Didn't Lotus run similar ducts (a bit smaller) in Bahrain?

http://thef1team.files.wordpress.com...site_00003.jpg
    Isnt a bit smaller not an understatement?They were a lot smaller.
    "Sebastian,Daniel is Faster Than you"
    "Tough Luck!"

In Bahrain Lotus have an interesting little feature on the inside of their front brake ducts. These ducts are only meant to cool the brakes, but there is an open area in the regulations within which the teams can do what they want. The brake duct opening itself is there to flow air through the brake disc. Carbon brake discs work properly at between 300 and 800 degrees Celsius. Below that they don't have any stopping power; above it and the wear rate of the carbon increases dramatically. All the other pieces on the duct are aerodynamic vanes of some sort, helping to manage the airflow around the front tyre. At Sakhir, the E22 has three small triangles (red arrow) at the top of the duct. These will induce a vortex, which as it increases in size will pull airflow from in front of the tyre and disperse it behind the tyre. Managing the airflow in this area means that the underfloor receives better quality airflow, allowing it to produce more downforce.

http://www.formula1.com/news/technic.../916/1172.html

Keep the infos coming, guyz!!
    Interesting, teams been fiddling wid their brake ducts both on front and rear tyres aerodynamically.
    Last edited by PadGeT; 8th April 2014 at 13:44.

F1 show biz 2016 :

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Is this brake duct legal?
    ferrari_f2012_2012-2.jpg

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

PitLaneTalk ‏@pitlanetalk 21 p
    Ferrari will introduce 2nd generation PU in China along with larger brake duct inlets and sidepods. Slimmer bodywork planned for Spain.#F1

The team has been working on improving car balance at corner entry and exit today along with aero measurements and a new software test. #F1

Quote Originally Posted by f1tomi8 View Post
    Ferrari will introduce 2nd generation PU in China along with larger brake duct inlets and sidepods. Slimmer bodywork planned for Spain.#F1

The team has been working on improving car balance at corner entry and exit today along with aero measurements and a new software test. #F1
    Would be interesting if true, but isn't "2nd generation" somewhat too big of a change considering that the engine is homologated for this year. I think they are only allow to make reliability upgrades

2nd gen = 1st PU version running at 100% maybe .
    But then they need more cooling so bigger sidepods.
    Last edited by SilverSpeed; 8th April 2014 at 18:45.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

I never understood the point of creating new road-relevent engines that will facilitate technology transfer to the good of everyone, but the engines cannot be developed and so their purpose is moot.

Now we have Mercedes with a great engine that Ferrari may not be able to match due to silly rules limiting teams and ultimately the competition.

I sincerely hope they will not only match, but beat Merc very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    I never understood the point of creating new road-relevent engines that will facilitate technology transfer to the good of everyone, but the engines cannot be developed and so their purpose is moot.

Now we have Mercedes with a great engine that Ferrari may not be able to match due to silly rules limiting teams and ultimately the competition.

I sincerely hope they will not only match, but beat Merc very soon!
    +1

That sounds really good and all, but the problem is that others, including Merc, will be bringing lots of updates as well. But, we just have to be positive and hope that we'll bring better updates than them.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

2nd generation PU?
    Isn't there a development freeze on the PU's? Or does it only concern the engine? It's hard to keep track with all these rules

Can anyone translate whats being said here ?

From what i can make out, they are talking about MGU-K & turbine.As usual they havent shown where the intercooler connects.Not sure about MGU-H either(must be near turbo).Other than that, they pretty much shown other components, even shows the gearbox.

F1 show biz 2016 :

From what i understand is that the mgu-h is installed in the v shape from the motor (Upper arrow) but it is Not as far developed äs merc. Pu.