Thread: F14-T- Development & News

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Ferrari F14-T, Jerez (28/01/2014)

via Sutton
    That nose is horrible, if only they had gone for something more like the Mercedes, the car would have been a stunner.

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post
    That nose is horrible, if only they had gone for something more like the Mercedes, the car would have been a stunner.
    Come on people, nose is ok. Is isnt the best looking Ferrari so far, but it is ok. Look at Force India or Caterham...

199-1.jpg czai.jpg

Wow! The difference is staggering...

Those who have come into Formula One without experiencing cars devoid of electronic aids will find it tough. To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise. Michael Schumacher

chief designer of f14 t is tombazis

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Cheif designer of F14-T is Nicholas Tombazis

http://formula1.ferrari.com/scuderia

wow what a pretty good day we had just wondering looking at the rear suspention detail on the car noticed that they are not covering the bottom wish bones and axle in the shroud like last year if you look redbull and merc are doing it just cleans up the area any ideas on this?

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    Come on people, nose is ok. Is isnt the best looking Ferrari so far, but it is ok. Look at Force India or Caterham...
    It is hideous.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    It is hideous.
    Very powerful
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Every car has it's own angle of beauty. It is better to watch our car from sides and rear and above. It is better Sky camera crews just have a coverage from above with helicopter. In that case every car is beautiful. and sweet

Last edited by AfterLife; 28th January 2014 at 18:42.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    Thank God Ferrari didn't opted for such option!

i don't know, maybe it's the livery, which might be my all time fav, but i love this car already, it's by far the best looking ferrari we've had since 08.

i love the front shots of it, to me it looks stunning (an they o have to build the cars base on the rules so i really think as far as look goes they done great.

I have a pretty good feeling about this car, like we will be once again fighting every single race for the win.

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

The nose is just bad but I don't blame the team, I blame the rules. If only it could have been a little more "round", 90's style...

The nose is growing on me 'very tight packaging in black round the back end ,personally I think we are on to something'would a wide flat nose help with down force lost to the new narrower front wing ?

The nose resembles an elephant trunk or a predatory catfish or an aquatic filter feeding type of invertebrate. Take your pick! The good thing is at least it doesn't resemble gonads!

Ferrari went for the best solution possible. It's innovative and aggressive. No other team other than Mercedes a bit has gone for such a solution. Hopefully it works. It will be interesting to see what the team bring as front wings to go along with such a nose.

I like it how RB has added a black paint to the tip of the nose to hide its ugly form...

DOES ANY ONE HAVE A ANWSER TO WHY THEY DONT HAVE THE REAR LOWER WISH BONE AND AXLE IN THE SAME CARBON SHROUD LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE

dam mercades and redbulls rear is very tight...I have to say we are actually quite bulky on that front...and that's a fundamental problem which is no quick fix

To me, formula1 cars has been ugly since that out of proportion front wing that came after 2008.
    This new nose is not a beauty, but the car doesn't look so "front heavy" with it, so I kind of like it..

I mean noses that Ferrari and Mercedes has, not those male member like ones
    Last edited by Winter; 29th January 2014 at 00:19.

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    DOES ANY ONE HAVE A ANWSER TO WHY THEY DONT HAVE THE REAR LOWER WISH BONE AND AXLE IN THE SAME CARBON SHROUD LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE
    They do. Ferrari and Red Bull for sure. I think its mostly a shield type configuration. You can't obviously encase the axle inside the wishbone as they are at different mounting points.

Ferrari F138 versus F14 T - front view analysis

This drawing compares Ferrari's 2013 car, the F138 (left), with 2014's new F14 T (right).

The F14 T's nose (1) doesn't follow the 'finger' design trend seen on several other 2014 cars, with Ferrari instead preferring a quite wide and flat configuration. The aim is clearly to channel air under the car, with the underside of the chassis following exactly the shape of the top surface, creating a step in the nose (as also seen on Force India's VJM07). This solution means the chassis underside is effectively just as high as in 2013 and allows Ferrari to optimize airflow under the car to better feed the rear diffuser.

With the front wing (2) 15cm narrower than in 2013, the more complex endplates (3) have to work much harder to expel air to the outside of the front tyres. The wing assembly seen at the opening pre-season test in Jerez is all new, though another new layout is expected to appear at the subsequent Bahrain tests.

For a third season Ferrari have retained pullrod front suspension (4) though with more aerodynamic benefit, adding a small flap to better direct airflow.

The car also features new 'bridge' vertical turning vanes (5), while there are new restrictions on the rear wing assembly (6), with no more beam wings and the top wing reduced 2cm in section.

Finally the airbox (7) has a new triangular shape.

http://www.formula1.com/news/technic...4/0/1136.html?
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    Audio recording equipment regulates sound frequencies and levels for broadcasting. Noise gates take a slice off the top and a slice off the bottom. The lower gate moves, which is why when a car passes, the audio frequency of the car fades into local (near the mic) crowd/ambient hum rather than total silence. The upper gate is fixed, so the pops and cracks above the set frequency are lost. But it has to be done, otherwise the sound from your TV/Radio would be unbearable. Switching from one camera to another for example, from silence to peak revs/cracks, would be a very sudden and distorted peaky screech, too much for your TV's audio to manage and not at all pleasant to listen to. The signal also has to be managed so that you can hear the commentary consistently. Which is a shame on some channels.
    Yes, I get it, thx. I thought it had to with something like that but I find it so disappointing that a solution cannot be found with all the audio processing tech. available these days.

Quote Originally Posted by shamim179 View Post
    The nose resembles an elephant trunk or a predatory catfish or an aquatic filter feeding type of invertebrate. Take your pick! The good thing is at least it doesn't resemble gonads!

Ferrari went for the best solution possible. It's innovative and aggressive. No other team other than Mercedes a bit has gone for such a solution. Hopefully it works. It will be interesting to see what the team bring as front wings to go along with such a nose.
    Looks like an ANT-EATER to me

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    They do. Ferrari and Red Bull for sure. I think its mostly a shield type configuration. You can't obviously encase the axle inside the wishbone as they are at different mounting points.
    Well, last year they manage to route the axle alongside the wishbone, and enclose both together with a wide flat cover.

Here in this pic, in the yellow circle you can see the axle coming out of the enclosure, with the lower wishbone behind it. This is the F138 last year. Strangely, the enclosure is missing this year

(click for larger picture)
    F138_Axle.jpg

Thank's to who ever is taking this great pics.
    Cant wait for todays action

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    THEY'VE FORGOTTON TO DESIGN IT THAT WAY FOR SURE.

Quote Originally Posted by Piceey View Post
    based on this pic, does anyone else think that merc have tighter packaging than us?
    looks like were still running a bit of bodywork to house last years exhausts, where as everyone else seems very slim in that area...?

I feel we along with mercedes have the sane (if i may) looking cars on the grid.
    The bull also looks ok since the nose has been cleverly hidden by the black.
    With time our car's look should grow on us since it actually looks good when compared to other cars this year. Besides, as long as it goes like stink noone would care too much about how it looks.
    I actually like this look better than the last few years. 2007/08 was the best followed by this ,me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by giodap View Post
    based on this pic, does anyone else think that merc have tighter packaging than us?
    looks like were still running a bit of bodywork to house last years exhausts, where as everyone else seems very slim in that area...?
    It's early days. Their priority is to run the new car as much as they can and not solving problems with overheating. They can tighten the bodywork later.

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    It's early days. Their priority is to run the new car as much as they can and not solving problems with overheating. They can tighten the bodywork later.
    yes i agree, just looks like that bit of body work has been wrapped around something. good job by mercedes to get such a big undercut in that area

Quote Originally Posted by giodap View Post
    ye why does the ferrari sidepods extend at the back like they have exhaust exits while the other teams just curl around much neater?