Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Brawn to leave Mercedes' - reports

My prediction is Nissan/Renault.....
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Mercedes to announce Brawn departure

Following months of speculation about whether or not Brawn would stay in his role as team principal for another year, sources have told Autosport that an immediate handover to the new regime has now been agreed.

Rather than remain on board to help with preparations for 2014, Brawn has instead elected to ensure a clean transition for the team so will step away from it completely.

He had made it clear for several weeks now that he would only remain with Mercedes if he maintained full control of running the team.

Mercedes non-executive director Niki Lauda had said last month that he hoped Brawn could be persuaded to stay, with a final decision having been due in the days after the Brazilian Grand Prix.

"I am trying everything I can to encourage and motivate him to stay. I am the one who asked him to stay," said Lauda.

"I want him to do it but it is not my decision, it is his decision. If he stays he will be team principal - nothing else - or he will retire."

An official statement about Brawn's departure and the team's plans for 2014 is expected imminently, and could come as early as Thursday.

Brawn had gone into this season involved in the planning process of an eventual handover of power at Mercedes.

The main decision to be made was how long Brawn wished to remain on board before deciding to put a new management structure in place.

Former McLaren technical director Paddy Lowe (pictured) was singled out as the man most likely to take over, but it is more likely the team will be restructured without a single figurehead.

Instead the team's executive directors Lowe and Toto Wolff are set to divide responsibilities across their areas of expertise.

It is not clear what Brawn's long term plans are, nor whether he will retire from F1 completely or return with another team.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/f...369--spt.html?
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Now that he is set to leave the only question remains is, is he going to McLaren or is he returning to Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    Now that he is set to leave the only question remains is, is he going to McLaren or is he returning to Ferrari?
    It would be so good if he comes back to Ferrari!

According to reports Ross left Mercedes because he was no longer outright number one, so if he was to go to Ferrari or Mclaren, I assume he would like to be also number one. The question is who deserves to be replaced the most Domenicali or Whitmarsh. As a Ferrari fan now is not the time to change team principal, with all the rule changes due next year now is not the time for changes. I would be OK if Ross come's back but not as number one.

Brawn might be bringing a few 2014 Merc secret with him to whatever new team he goes to

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Brawn might be bringing a few 2014 Merc secret with him to whatever new team he goes to
    For sure.

Brawn confirms Mercedes exit

After months of speculation Ross Brawn has confirmed he will be leaving the Mercedes F1 team at the end of December.

Brawn said “The most important consideration in my decision to step down from the role as Team Principal was to ensure that the timing was right for the team in order to ensure its future success. The succession planning process that we have implemented during this year means we are now ready to conduct the transition from my current responsibilities to a new leadership team composed of Toto and Paddy.

“Mercedes-Benz has invested significantly in both the personnel and infrastructure at Brackley and Brixworth. Thanks to the one-team approach we have implemented between the two facilities, the team is uniquely positioned to succeed in 2014 and I am proud to have helped lay the foundations for that success.”

“However, 2014 will mark the beginning of a new era in the sport. We therefore felt this was the right time to simultaneously begin a new era of team management to ensure that the organisation is in the strongest possible competitive position for the years to come.

“We can take pride not just in our on-track achievements but also in the organisation we have built at Brackley. In its different guises over the past six seasons, this team has delivered some of the most memorable moments of my career. Our second place in this season’s Constructors’ Championship is an important milestone on the road to championship success. I am confident that the future will hold just as much success for the team and will take real pride in having played my own part in those achievements.”

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    It would be so good if he comes back to Ferrari!

Stefa, i really really hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    According to reports Ross left Mercedes because he was no longer outright number one, so if he was to go to Ferrari or Mclaren, I assume he would like to be also number one. The question is who deserves to be replaced the most Domenicali or Whitmarsh. As a Ferrari fan now is not the time to change team principal, with all the rule changes due next year now is not the time for changes. I would be OK if Ross come's back but not as number one.
    So you think that Stefano has shown ability to adapt to rule changes (e.g. 2009) ? It's been long time since Domenicali should have been replaced, and with Ross available, I believe that would be a great move in the right direction. It would also mean fixing the mistake that the team did in 2007.

There are some rumours that Brawn is heading towards a FIA position.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    There are some rumours that Brawn is heading towards a FIA position.
    Well after the tyre test situation you would of thought he was already working for the FIA.

Well after the tyre test situation you would of thought he was already working for the FIA.

lol

I just don't trust Brawn. IMO he's a slippery type character.
    [SIGPIC]

Yes its confirmed .. i hope he goes to ferrari..
    may the FORZA FERRARI BE WITH YOU!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brembo man View Post
    I just don't trust Brawn. IMO he's a slippery type character.
    Well, Formula 1 is all about walking the gray area and getting as close as you can to the limit without getting caught.

We often hear about our competitors cheating, especially Red Bull. It's not that they directly broke any rules, but they are pushing the rule and bending them far enough to not break them. And they are the fastest team.

Quote Originally Posted by diego_alunan View Post
    Yes its confirmed .. i hope he goes to ferrari..
    I think Domenicali will get another year or two of trust, if he fails then yes i can see Ross returning.

Quote Originally Posted by LivingHitokiri View Post
    I think Domenicali will get another year or two of trust, if he fails then yes i can see Ross returning.
    By that time Fernando will be in an old age home.

I wanna see Nando win titles with Ferrari.
    Silently, like a shadow

Hasn't Ross said - time by time - that he would really like to work with Alonso?
    Have something in mind that he said that couple of times ...

I really hope he will come back and bring some fresh air ... and good ideas ... #note: add wish to list for Christmas: Ross at Ferrari
    Last edited by Senna4Ever; 29th November 2013 at 06:05.
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Wouldnt be surprised if he goes to FIA and work for Todt somehow to do with F1 tech regs/loopholes.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Wouldnt be surprised if he goes to FIA and work for Todt somehow to do with F1 tech regs/loopholes.
    I would rather he came back to Ferrari and helped us identify & exploit the loopholes!!