Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No more twitter for Fernando (Ferrari related stuff)?

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post
    That wasn't even on Twitter as far as I know.
    It does not have to be.

Point being is that if the company decides that they need to protect themselves in the future from potential ill advised comments made by their employees, they can do so,and the employees can either agree or quit.

Seriously, if I was RBR PR, I'd make an advertisment, where I'd say something of the sort :
    "Red Bull... even Alonso wants one!"

And guess what, Alonso, or Ferrari would be unable to do anything about it.

Things like that are things Ferrari, for better or worse need to do something, or chose to do something about it.

Now, I feel that people make a great deal about this. Perhaps people never worked in a big organization or just think as fans. I don't know.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quick, send it to RB, before someone else steals the idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Quick, send it to RB, before someone else steals the idea!!
    fits to their christmas card
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post

Now, I feel that people make a great deal about this. Perhaps people never worked in a big organization or just think as fans. I don't know.
    Just like how people make a big deal out of a joke.

Seriously, if I was RBR PR, I'd make an advertisment, where I'd say something of the sort :
    *fixed*

Red Bull....even the best driver in F1 can't beat a lowly finger boy in a Red Bull. Red Bull gives him wings....and his team mate a broken car.

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    *fixed*

Red Bull....even the best driver in F1 can't beat a lowly finger boy in a Red Bull. Red Bull gives him wings....and his team mate a broken car.
    The only thing Red Bull gives you is a severe diarrhea.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    The only thing Red Bull gives you is a severe diarrhea.

They are a severe cramp in my backside

It does not have to be.

Point being is that if the company decides that they need to protect themselves in the future from potential ill advised comments made by their employees, they can do so,and the employees can either agree or quit.

And guess what, Alonso, or Ferrari would be unable to do anything about it.

Things like that are things Ferrari, for better or worse need to do something, or chose to do something about it.

The thread was about Twitter, which is why I passed that comment, but anyway I know what you're trying to say.

I prefer @Hornet's interpretation, LDM's comment was a joke and that's it. He probably wanted to mean look, if Twitter gets in the way of us winning races and championships, I'd rather ban it, a lot of meaning is normally lost in translation and media manipulation.

up until now i thought there wasn't anything going on there on that front, but from this twitter kind of ban, now i guess people were right.

it's not the first time ferrari has used this way of work with their drivers, i mean look at what enzo himself used to do to the drivers in order to get each other worked up.

i didn't like this, i think the idea itself is a good one, i just think that they shouldn't have gone public about, luca shouldnt have said it out loud, should have been something kept internally.

this idea of waging an inside war might be good, because even at mclaren fernando response was that if it was up to him he would have won the championship, the bad factor at mclaren was lewis, he did the mess that took the championship from them, by driving like a maniac when he didnt have to, kimi is cooler than that, so i dont suppose this scenario can happen, but fernando can show his samurai side even better after all this.

PS there goes luca showing up why he was enzo's right hand, same way of working i guess!

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

LDM should leave Ferrari and go into politics!

Quote Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
    I don't think we want LDM to leave Ferrari, the man is brilliant..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

OK, then his brilliance can be used to a higher calling, like helping Italy with it's sad political situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    I don't think we want LDM to leave Ferrari, the man is brilliant..
    Totally agree with you! LdM has been and is very important for where Ferrari stands now

lol wut?

I had to put an end to the "Forza Felipe" thread!

OK, then his brilliance can be used to a higher calling, like helping Italy with it's sad political situation.
    Maybe you should worry at the political situation in the USA.

That's a hopeless situation! There's a better chance that my Home country "Italy" will get it's act together on politics than the USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    Maybe you should worry at the political situation in the USA.

Please show Luca more respect. after all he is the President of Ferrari.

No disrespect to LDM who has done a fine job over the years at Ferrari since he has been in charge, but it's fair to question some of his decisions. The La Ferrari is not what I would have expected as their latest, greatest supercar. The poor leadership of their F1 team with respects to gathering the best and brightest is difficult to understand. Why is Nick Tombias still around and Aldo Costa at Mercedes? Tombias has been blaming the wind tunnel at Maranello for how many years now? LDM needs to stop worrying about what Alonso does on his tweeter account and concentrate more about his F1 team being able to build a car that can compete with Red Bull.

No disrespect to LDM who has done a fine job over the years at Ferrari since he has been in charge, but it's fair to question some of his decisions. The La Ferrari is not what I would have expected as their latest, greatest supercar. The poor leadership of their F1 team with respects to gathering the best and brightest is difficult to understand. Why is Nick Tombias still around and Aldo Costa at Mercedes? Tombias has been blaming the wind tunnel at Maranello for how many years now? LDM needs to stop worrying about what Alonso does on his tweeter account and concentrate more about his F1 team being able to build a car that can compete with Red Bull.
    What is not good about the LaFerrari if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    What is not good about the LaFerrari if I may ask?
    The way it looks!

The way it looks!
    it looks INCREDIBLE! makes the mclaren P1 look like a wheel barrow

The way it looks!
    Ok, that's your choice. I myself really like it but it's good everyone has another opinion otherwise it would become very boring on a forum

Quote Originally Posted by giodap View Post
    it looks INCREDIBLE! makes the mclaren P1 look like a wheel barrow
    Yes indeed I always like to see Ferrari crush Mclaren on track with F1 and with road cars

Yes indeed I always like to see Ferrari crush Mclaren on track with F1 and with road cars
    Well said

The styling proportions are all wrong. way too short and stubby. The McLaren P1 looks more like a Ferrari the La Ferrari!

i dont remember mclaren ever crushing ferrari with their road cars. yes the mclaren F1 road car was fast but it couldnt go round corners...

The styling proportions are all wrong. way too short and stubby. The McLaren P1 looks more like a Ferrari the La Ferrari!
    the front end of the mclaren looks like a honda civic...? the front end of the ferrari looks like a kick ass ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by giodap View Post
    the front end of the mclaren looks like a honda civic...? the front end of the ferrari looks like a kick ass ferrari!!
    The La Ferrari is a powerful car with great engineering, typical of Ferrari. What is not typical is the styling! As a long time Ferrari fan, I can tell you that they could have certainly done better.

Personally, I don't have a problem that di Montezemolo doesn't want Alonso to tweet, twitter, or whatever!
    At the end of the day, this is a job for Alonso and di Montezemolo is the one signing his paycheque!!

I'm still not convinced it's necessary to share every little detail in your life whether it's work related or personal!!
    Nor am I convinced that, as Ferrari fans, we "need" to read about every detail of life as a Ferrari driver!

There have been all sorts of incidents where people have "tweeted" (as cute at that word is, it truly lacks "dignity")
    something in the heat of the moment and once it's "out there" there is no way to take it back.

Just a quick video about sharing everything with everyone all the time: