Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262738 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Ferrari plans Schumacher event

I think this is sweet and just shows how much he is respected.

FIA president and former Ferrari team principal Jean Todt arrives to visit Michael Schumacher in hospital on Thursday. Ferrari says it plans to hold an event in Grenoble to mark Michael Schumacher's birthday on Friday while he remains in a coma in hospital. Schumacher will turn 45 on Friday, but has so far spent four nights in an artificial coma after suffering multiple head injuries in a skiing accident on Sunday. With Schumacher having won five world championships with Ferrari, the team has announced it is planning an event in Grenoble - where he is being treated - to show support. "In these difficult days and on the occasion of his birthday the Scuderia Ferrari...

http://www.gptoday.com/details/view/...umacher_event/
    That's really nice. He was, is and ALWAYS will be a big part of the Ferrari family and this is how family members should be supported.

Come on Schumi, win!
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

It will be a mixed emotions birthday event for Schumi, who may spend it while still in a induced coma But I'm glad to see the kind of support he's getting especially from Ferrari and the fans.

Hope for the best

I've been amazed these last few days at how the Tifosi have rallied round. I will always be a Michael fan first and a Ferrari fan 2nd and it's fair to say I haven't been around here so much in the last 3 years but it's comforting to know that Ferrari don't forget. There is much more coming from Ferrari and their fans than from Mercedes.

Agree, Steph. I don't think it is amazing or the slightest bit surprising at all, though - it was the same in 2009.

It seems like the majority of every photo, online story and bit of news coverage has shown Michael from his Ferrari days. Of course it's understandable as it was with Ferrari that he was most successful, but it feels like Ferrari have reclaimed him

It just shows that you are always a Ferrari driver, even if you're not a current Ferrari driver.

Ferrari have asked fans at the hospital to wear red tomorrow and will also be doing something on the official website - and I for one will be wearing a red Ferrari top to work tomorrow.
    Forza Jules

So no news today? I will take that as another good sign
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by redsteph View Post
    I've been amazed these last few days at how the Tifosi have rallied round. I will always be a Michael fan first and a Ferrari fan 2nd and it's fair to say I haven't been around here so much in the last 3 years but it's comforting to know that Ferrari don't forget. There is much more coming from Ferrari and their fans than from Mercedes.
    Don't forget we at Ferrari are one big Family, Ferrari is a team of passion with human feelings, where as at Mercedes or even Mclaren they are alien machines.

I just felt the need to say my thoughts are with Schumi and his family at this time and I join the millions around the world rooting for his recovery.

I love that idea from Suzie to wear red to work tomorrow and I'll be doing that too, the only way I can show some support from afar.

Here's to Schumi!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon View Post
    I just felt the need to say my thoughts are with Schumi and his family at this time and I join the millions around the world rooting for his recovery.

I love that idea from Suzie to wear red to work tomorrow and I'll be doing that too, the only way I can show some support from afar.

Here's to Schumi!
    Thanks but I'm only bandwaggoning (is that a word?) on Ferrari's idea. I just feel like it's something I need to do, I have not stopped thinking about Michael since Sunday and tomorrow will be especially poignant as it's his birthday.
    Forza Jules

I'll be wearing a Ferrari top tomorrow too - and my Schumi hoodie. It would ne great if we had a little bit of positive news tomorrow too.

Okay folks someone has actually started a #Red4Schumi campaign on Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/search?q=%23red4...ash&f=realtime

red4schumi.jpg
    Forza Jules

Great idea - Redsteph is in on that one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25582925

The family of injured Formula 1 driver Michael Schumacher has thanked fans for their "great support".

"We all know he is a fighter and will not give up," the family said in an online statement......../............Michael Schumacher's family has been at his bedside since his accident and Friday is likely to be an especially difficult day as the Formula 1 driver turns 45.

It is clear from their latest statement that they are drawing some comfort from the words of sympathy expressed by fans around the world.
    Its good to know the family are aware of the great support we have for them and that he is in our prayers to fully recover as soon as possible.

Another story i found was from a patient in the same hospital, the hospital is well guarded with police now, which is a comfort after the journalist pretending to be a priest tried to enter his room.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25582925
    A skier told today how he was treated for head injuries on the same ward as Michael Schumacher.

The Formula One legend has spent a fourth night at the University Hospital of Grenoble, where he was taken after the accident on Sunday.

British holidaymaker Fernando Gris, 57, walked past the German star's room on his way to undergo an x-ray.

He says the area was well guarded by police.

Fernando told the BBC: "I was going to get an x-ray and got confused and I walked into where he was.

"A policeman walked up to me and said, 'would you like me to show you the way'.

"He said 'you can't go that way, that's where Schumacher is'.

"That was the first I'd heard, I didn't know he was in hospital. When I went there his family had just arrived.

"It's all to play for because they don't know yet what his condition is after the accident.

"He is in the best care possible, no matter if he is Schumacher or who he is.

"My thoughts are he must do what the doctors say and I wish him all the best in the world.

"Schumacher, I think he was one of the greatest, he is one of the greatest."Fernando, who lives in Ely, Cambridgeshire., fell and hit his head while skiing with family in Val d'Isere on December 27.

He cracked two vertebrae and suffered a brain haemorrhage but doctors believe he will make a full recovery

F1 fan Fernando, who was not wearing a helmet, has vowed to be more careful in future.

He said: "I would never ever ski again without a helmet.

"If I was wearing a helmet my brain damage would not be as it is and I wouldn't be slurring my words now, I would be talking properly.

Re: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Okay folks someone has actually started a #Red4Schumi campaign on Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/search?q=%23red4...ash&f=realtime

red4schumi.jpg
    Done. Thanks for sharing this.

will be also getting onboard tomorrow! forza schumy!

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

Interesting piece by a guy who had similar injuries to Michael just 11 months ago. Read here.

Happy Birthday Michael
    Hopefully you get off that hospital bed quickly & enjoy your life with family & fans.

Happy Bday Schumi and get well soon....

Forza Ferrari

Come on Massa

Isaac Ang

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Interesting piece by a guy who had similar injuries to Michael just 11 months ago. Read here.

thank you so much ste for that link!

its great because it makes me realize that not all brain injuries will heal as fas as felipe's did, we must prepare for a long fight.

i really hope that WHEN Michael comes back fine, ferrari invites him over to mugello or maranello ( i'm not sure if he's got still a tie with mercedes) but i think ferrari is his true home! and it would be great if ferrari an michael reunite in a little celebration for his recovery.

PS it sems ferrari is reclaiming him, at least more than mercedes (his last team).

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

Are you serious? not only he spent christmas even in a comma, but his birthday too?

Michael, wishing you a speedy recovery and many many more happy birthdays to come! Hope this special day will bring some good news and relief to your family.

Happy birthday Michael.
    Beside all the best wishes that one can wish to you or any one else on birthday, the ONE I wish to you, and your family, is to get well as soon as possible!

As I am going to work, no Ferrari clothing, instead RED shirt and RED sweater.

Happy Birthday Schumi, will wear something red to work

Suzie will be wearing her Santander gear anyway
    Forza Ferrari

Mai Dare Sulla Speranza, Forza Ferrari!!

Ferrari top and Schumi hoodie for me. Happy Birthday Michael

The fact that Mercedes is nowhere to be found whereas Ferrari is, speaks volumes about where his true home is.

Happy birthday Michael, everyone roots for you.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Happy birthday Michael... May you receive the best gift possible today improvement on your injuries. I will be wearing my Red top today in support of our legend. Xxx All the best.
    'If drivers criticise me then I've done alot of things the right way' - Michael Schumacher 2006 - Schumi Forever - Forza Ferrari

Happy birthday Michael,hope you get well soon.

Happy Birthday Michael! Hoping & praying we see you fit & healthy soon.

PS: Wearing my 2006 Ferrari t-shirt today.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Amazing!
    Attachment 5611