Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

I think part of the reason that the Schumacher family have gone quiet is how shameful the media have been with the handling of this case. It wasn't that long ago that a journalist dressed up as a priest was caught!

Quote Originally Posted by shamim179 View Post
    I think part of the reason that the Schumacher family have gone quiet is how shameful the media have been with the handling of this case. It wasn't that long ago that a journalist dressed up as a priest was caught!
    I completely understand the desire the family have for privacy, not wishing to debate what is morally correct, but what is reality, and the reality is if they will never be left in peace, while this is still a story, that maybe viewed as unfair by many, but the press know that Schumacher will sell papers and the story is newsworthy, and it is...

Having read various opinions and related articles based on previous similar cases, I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that this story is not going to have a happy ending, for the past few weeks when I have got home the first thing i've done is check SSN and the forums wishing for news that Michael has been bought out of his coma and he is relatively ok and can still have some quality of life, having read those articles i'm now questioning wether if it would be kinder to him now that he doesn't survive, the alternative options seem to be worse, i've no doubt if i'm thinking this i'm not alone, think Sabine is being very short sighted if she thinks this continued silence will be ok, I understand the doctors have better things to do, and I understand Corinna has no wish to speak to press at what is probably the hardest time in her life, but I think at the very least Sabine should speak to the press once or twice a week, even to say there is no change, this would for the most part stop the endless speculation, as much as I sympathise for the family, I do think the Schumacher management are not doing their job as well as they could...

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    think Sabine is being very short sighted if she thinks this continued silence will be ok, I understand the doctors have better things to do, and I understand Corinna has no wish to speak to press at what is probably the hardest time in her life, but I think at the very least Sabine should speak to the press once or twice a week, even to say there is no change, this would for the most part stop the endless speculation, as much as I sympathise for the family, I do think the Schumacher management are not doing their job as well as they could...

I agree.

I understand the family want their privacy to be respected, but this is Michael Schumacher and the interest is such that someone have to "handle" the press and fans.

You make a good point. Sabine doesn't have to address the media herself but perhaps Schumacher's management can? We must remember that Schumacher is a celebrity so will get celebrity treatment regardless of what state he is in or what others wish. I think we'll eventually hear something it can't be that far off the pressure will force someone to say something.

Just remember, there are no promises, not even predictions of function or degree of recovery or assessment of damage that can be made with anywhere close to certainty as to what the final outcome will be. They can assess the apparent damages & give a range of likely or probable outcomes, but every case stands alone, so to speak. In my opinion, the fact that treatment was virtually immediate, he is in excellent physical condition & he has had exemplary care from the start are huge pluses in his favor.
    The fact is some people have grim outcomes & others inexplicably wondrous recoveries for similar damages & it is too early yet to know where Shumi will be at the conclusion of this. All we can do is keep the vigil, stay strong & send positive thoughts his way

PS, have been checking Ferrari website, every day has new message of affection from a different person, on 21 Jan it was a touching note from Felipe Massa. Look for #ForzaMichael! Recommended reading!

prayers for u michael......hope a miracle happens n you live long ......my baby daughter still needs to meet her daddy's idol when she grows up....im still in shock...

get well wishes from Malaysia ^_^

If it was me I would not like to be a veg. I ask my wife to pull the plug.

I feel,so pessimistic about his situation...... Hopefully we can hear some good news....

Did you see how many people turned out at Spa today... There were hundreds. You wouldn't see that for any other driver

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1a...corchamps_news

Quote Originally Posted by redsteph View Post
    Did you see how many people turned out at Spa today... There were hundreds. You wouldn't see that for any other driver

Fantastic tribute
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Unbelievable.....,!!!!,

It's a great tribute to Michael and I wonder how many other sports men/ women , let alone F1 drivers, would receive such a tribute, weeks after the event and when the news has disappeared from most bulletins and papers.

Having read various opinions and related articles based on previous similar cases, I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that this story is not going to have a happy ending,
    It seems so.
    It's quiet a long time for now spending in a coma. And personally I also got the impression that this might not have a happy end ...
    BUT I've read in an german article that physiotherapy already started even he is still in coma which I interpret as a small, flimsy flame in the dark.

However: only time will tell ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    It seems so.
    It's quiet a long time for now spending in a coma. And personally I also got the impression that this might not have a happy end ...
    BUT I've read in an german article that physiotherapy already started even he is still in coma which I interpret as a small, flimsy flame in the dark.

However: only time will tell ...
    That is completely normal, every coma patient, induced or not will get physio and massages every day, the body's muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints etc all need to move (or be moved) to remain healthy, for this length of time he will also need to be moved to avoid bed sores and be washed...

FIA Boss Jean Todt Still At Schumacher’s Bedside

FIA president and former Ferrari boss Jean Todt has returned to the Grenoble hospital bedside of his friend Michael Schumacher.

The seven-time world champion has been in a coma for almost a full month, raising doubts he will ever recover from his late December skiing accident.

Blick newspaper reports that journalists, particularly those in Germany, have been warned away from that sort of speculation with a letter from lawyers representing the great German’s family.

In the meantime, Bild am Sonntag newspaper quoted manager Sabine Kehm as saying Schumacher’s wife Corinna only wants the 45-year-old’s closest friends to be around him.

One of the closest of all is 67-year-old Frenchman Todt, who today heads F1′s governing body.

“Michael and Jean formed a deep and respectful friendship during their time at Ferrari,” triple world champion Niki Lauda said.

“That he is at his side now is very important,” he added.

http://speedblog.speed.com/speed/for...hers-bedside/?
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Still praying everyday for you Schumi. Keep fighting!
    Forza Ferrari!!

Yeah the lack of news is starting to worry me, but i hope it is just his family keeping everything private for now.

Forza Michael

That is completely normal, every coma patient, induced or not will get physio and massages every day, the body's muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints etc all need to move (or be moved) to remain healthy, for this length of time he will also need to be moved to avoid bed sores and be washed...
    Of course you're right ... keep the body/muscles stimulated ...
    but for me it was a evidence that it is worth to do this ... as if all hope would have gone and nearly no positive sign they might keep the effort for physiotherapy by the minimum.

as I wrote: only time will tell ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Stop reading reports in the tabloids. NONE OF IT IS TRUE. Until you read something from Sabine or the Doctors in Grenoble or Michael's family then don't believe anything else that it being said because it's all speculation.

Re: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

Stop reading reports in the tabloids. NONE OF IT IS TRUE. Until you read something from Sabine or the Doctors in Grenoble or Michael's family then don't believe anything else that it being said because it's all speculation.
    This.

Already one month since he is in coma, it is too much Michael :(

I read on a Dutch Sport app that they are trying to get Michael out of his coma. The source they use in the article is L'Equipe.
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    I read on a Dutch Sport app that they are trying to get Michael out of his coma. The source they use in the article is L'Equipe.
    Same rumours in German forums with same source ...

Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

New statement from Sabine Kehm. Basically, stop reading reports on his condition!

Interesting that Sabine is not denying all this speculation that has erupted over the last few weeks. I think Sabine was forced to come out with a statement as the situation was becoming extremely unbearable.

Maranello, 29 January – Following Michael Schumacher’s skiing accident, there have been a great many messages of affection sent to him. Day after day they arrive from those who shared time and worked with him over the eleven years he drove for Ferrari, as well as from the Ferrari fans from around the world who have always supported him.

Actions, words and thoughts that show just how important Michael is within the very heart of those who love and live for Ferrari and how important a role he has played in the history of the Prancing Horse. We therefore decided to gather together all these messages through the Scuderia’s Twitter and Facebook pages and to publish some of them on a special bulletin board.

Piero Ferrari, 29 January – Dear Michael, having spent so many years at Ferrari, you became one of us. You thrilled us so often, bringing us great joy, but the greatest one is yet to come: namely seeing you here in Maranello again, to meet your second family, the Ferrari one. We are waiting for you.

KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

reports they are starting to gradually pull him out of his coma! Hope its true

"I am stressing again that any speculation regarding Michael's health not coming from the doctors treating him or from his management must be considered speculation. I repeat that we will not comment any speculations." -Sabine Kehm.

speculation
    ˌspɛkjʊˈleɪʃn/
    noun
    noun: speculation; plural noun: speculations

the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.
    "there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit"
    synonyms: conjecture, theorizing, hypothesizing, supposition, guesswork

It seems very clear to me what Sabine Kehm has stated.

Get well Michael, you have all the time in the world and we will wait.