Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

Sure sounds like good news.

Attaboys doctors and MS!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    If all that is true it is very encouraging, in my opinion. I'll take any good news at this point.
    If these are true, than it's great news indeed!

So Michael has just gone purple in the first sector! Come on Michael, just two more to go!

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    So Michael has just gone purple in the first sector! Come on Michael, just two more to go!
    Nicely put.

He, his family and us fans need a flawless qualifying lap like this one...

Come on Michael, you can do it!
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Hopefully we have the same type of lap in a weeks time!
    Forza Ferrari!!

How good is that video! The sound of the car is amazing, and of course so is Michael
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Fantastic news let's hope this is true.

Trying not to get too excited, but even if just the fact that he's breathing on his own is true, that alone is great news!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Conflicting media stories, it seems, as yesterday I read that it will now require a miracle for him to recover. No wonder the family try to steer clear of these media people after these 'news' stories. My thoughts are with them.
    Last edited by wisepie; 10th March 2014 at 17:34.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Conflicting media stories, it seems, as yesterday I read that it will now require a miracle for him to recover. No wonder the family try to steer clear from the people after these 'news' stories. My thoughts are with them.
    Don't think it's so much a case of conflicting stories, more a case of differing expectations in the press and a degree confusion, some stories more sensationalist and some more realistic, in truth i'm not sure what it is now that I am hoping for, it's very clear now that it's not a case of whether Michael will have brain damage or not but the question is the extent of the brain damage, I think the miracle will be if Michael can ever function in a way that he himself would find bearable, if that constitutes 'recovery' then i'm not sure it is something I would wish for him...

As I have said before, I completely understand and respect the wishes of the family to be left alone, but I still think the entire situation has been handled in a very poor fashion by his management, Sabine has not done a very good job and continues to be evasive, she says to only listen to official reports from Michaels management and assures us (fans) that when there is news she will make it available, but was forced to announce that they had decided to reduce the sedation only after it was reported by the press, then said it had been decided not to announce it after discussions with the family, so quite the contrary to the earlier assurance that when there was any news it would be announced, the refusal to keep fans informed of the situation has only served to create more confusion and now I tend to believe more that I read in the press than what Sabine says as they have repeatedly been pretty close with their 'stories' and she only says anything when she's forced to do so, I appreciate that in a perfect world everyone would just patiently wait for news, but the reality is that all the fans have shared a lot of very happy memories with Michael, he is a hero to many people, and we all have an appetite for information regarding his health...

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    Don't think it's so much a case of conflicting stories, more a case of differing expectations in the press and a degree confusion, some stories more sensationalist and some more realistic, in truth i'm not sure what it is now that I am hoping for, it's very clear now that it's not a case of whether Michael will have brain damage or not but the question is the extent of the brain damage, I think the miracle will be if Michael can ever function in a way that he himself would find bearable, if that constitutes 'recovery' then i'm not sure it is something I would wish for him...

As I have said before, I completely understand and respect the wishes of the family to be left alone, but I still think the entire situation has been handled in a very poor fashion by his management, Sabine has not done a very good job and continues to be evasive, she says to only listen to official reports from Michaels management and assures us (fans) that when there is news she will make it available, but was forced to announce that they had decided to reduce the sedation only after it was reported by the press, then said it had been decided not to announce it after discussions with the family, so quite the contrary to the earlier assurance that when there was any news it would be announced, the refusal to keep fans informed of the situation has only served to create more confusion and now I tend to believe more that I read in the press than what Sabine says as they have repeatedly been pretty close with their 'stories' and she only says anything when she's forced to do so, I appreciate that in a perfect world everyone would just patiently wait for news, but the reality is that all the fans have shared a lot of very happy memories with Michael, he is a hero to many people, and we all have an appetite for information regarding his health...
    Well said. And I agree that Sabine hasn't done her job particularly well. The lack of information from her has allowed the press to write all these sensationalist stories, some of which might be true but most probably aren't. If only Sabine would share more information and keep people properly updated on the situation then that wouldn't let the media write their stories. No matter how good or bad the situation really is, we the fans and lots of people around the world would surely like to know what's the real state of Michael is. These bits and pieces of information coming once or twice in a month simply isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    Well said. And I agree that Sabine hasn't done her job particularly well. The lack of information from her has allowed the press to write all these sensationalist stories, some of which might be true but most probably aren't. If only Sabine would share more information and keep people properly updated on the situation then that wouldn't let the media write their stories. No matter how good or bad the situation really is, we the fans and lots of people around the world would surely like to know what's the real state of Michael is. These bits and pieces of information coming once or twice in a month simply isn't enough.
    Very true, but who decides what info is being shared? I think that would not be Sabine, but Michaels family now. If they want to keep everything as private as much as possible (which I can very well understand) , Sabine cannot give more information than is allowed by the family.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Like everyone else, all we can hope and pray for is that he does recover with some quality of life, for him and his family. Maybe Sabine has been governed by what the family want as far as updates are concerned, and of course I share everyone's frustration that we keep getting rather mixed messages.

I respect the privacy the family want and understand if they give too much detail the trolls of the world will use that to mock the people who care for his successful recovery. Its been a long road for him and i can only guess how exhausted his family are who are by his bedside. My thoughts are with them and obviously with Michael. Please wake up, please recover soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGar32 View Post

Good sign indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGar32 View Post
    Don't think that sounds good, a month ago the statement said they 'strongly believe in his recovery', now it's simply they are confident he will 'pull through and wake up', is just waking up the best that can be hoped for now..? Sounds to me that the expectation of a 'recovery' is no more...

Edit - Tonights Evening Standard says he's still on the respirator....
    Last edited by Tobes; 12th March 2014 at 19:07.

Come on everyone lets remain optimistic - Michael never gave up on a race until the checkered flag had fallen and I am taking a leaf out of his book and doing the same. Not so many weeks ago we would have been jumping with joy at the news so lets remind ourselves that this is a sensitive recovery but a recovery it may still be.
    "The flowers of victory live in many vases" Michael Schumacher 7 times World Champion

I say never give up on Michael just keep hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I say never give up on Michael just keep hoping.
    Yes, as long as there is any hope...even the slightest of hope that he will recover...then we must keep on believing and hoping. For a great Champ like Schumi, nothing is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    Don't think that sounds good, a month ago the statement said they 'strongly believe in his recovery', now it's simply they are confident he will 'pull through and wake up', is just waking up the best that can be hoped for now..? Sounds to me that the expectation of a 'recovery' is no more...

Edit - Tonights Evening Standard says he's still on the respirator....
    Thanks for the update, amico mio.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Anyone can read whatever they want into just about any statement where few details (if any) are given.
    The truth is all hangs in the balance for Michael. If "sometimes are small, encouraging signs" are all they can tell me, well I'll hang my hat on that and patiently wait for the next good news.

Recent tweet by Felipe, I assume he meant "me" not "ne" (link is to pic of his helmut)

Felipe Massa ‏@MassaFelipe19 56m
    Michael is aways with ne !! Be very strong Brother !! Love !! #19 http://instagram.com/p/ldpQuDnLdO/
    Last edited by abbottcostello; 13th March 2014 at 01:48. Reason: Added Felipe's Tweet
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Anyone can read whatever they want into just about any statement where few details (if any) are given.
    The truth is all hangs in the balance for Michael. If "sometimes are small, encouraging signs" are all they can tell me, well I'll hang my hat on that and patiently wait for the next good news.

Recent tweet by Felipe, I assume he meant "me" not "ne" (link is to pic of his helmut)

Felipe Massa ‏@MassaFelipe19 56m
    Michael is aways with ne !! Be very strong Brother !! Love !! #19 http://instagram.com/p/ldpQuDnLdO/
    Fantastic gesture by Massa

Well I think due to the nature of Schumi's long and difficult recovery, they are just taking it one step at the time, and now the focus is just on waking him up. Perhaps that's as far as the doctors can predict for the moment. Lets hope for the best.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...l-through.html

Todt's relationship with Schumacher.

Somewhat old pictures, but here's Felipe's helmet tribute to Michael during his karting event.

That was a really nice and lovely gesture by Felipe.

So he is like 54 kilograms only at the moment, but I still have faith Michael has the strength to overcome all this! Forza Schumi
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

No wonder his poor family wants privacy.

This is just so sad....

Very sad indeed. This weight loss is expected but the longer it goes on the more weight he'll lose. I hope it doesn't get to a critical level but the body's requirements are different and much less demanding during a coma. Even if he does wake up he'll have to go through a lot of physiotherapy to regain mobility and rediscover how to use his musculoskeletal system again.