Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1248

Thread: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

www.michaelschumacher.de is Michael's website :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From Schumacher, always expect the impossible.

The latest news, published by newspaper AD in the Netherlands, is not so positive.....the AD (considered to be a serious newspaper) writes:

The seven-times champion is still completely paralyzed, suffers from severe amnesia and can only communicate with his eyes. This was said by Frenchman Philippe Streiff, a friend of Schumi, who himself is in a wheelchair aftera heavy F1 accident. In an interview with French radiostation Europe1 Streiff was quite honest about it: "You could say Michael is doing quite well, but you must see that all in relation to his injuries. It's all very difficult to see how he is, because he can't talk. Just like me he is in a wheelchair now. Besides that he suffers from severe amnesia. The fact that he can now recover in the presence of his family may speed up things a little, but it is all going to be very, very hard. As far as I know now, he still can only make contact with his eyes. This with his wife and with Sabine Kehm"
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

I hope to hear more positive news in future.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

One year today since the accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    One year today since the accident.

http://i62.tinypic.com/5ba5bp.jpg
    Keep fighting Legend!
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Keep fighting Michael. Praying everyday for you and your family x
    'If drivers criticise me then I've done alot of things the right way' - Michael Schumacher 2006 - Schumi Forever - Forza Ferrari

So painful for all concerned that it's a whole year already, but our support will always be there, for what it's worth.

KEEP FIGHTING CHAMP! #1
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

This is so sad....

Schumacher responds to family

Michael Schumacher often cries when he hears the voices of his family members, according to a report in the Italian magazine Autosprint.

This week, the F1 legend's manager and doctor hit back at claims by former driver Philippe Streiff, who declared that while Schumacher is unable to speak, he is "starting to recognise those close to him".

Official information has been thin on the ground throughout the full year since the former Ferrari and Mercedes driver's skiing crash last December.

But as the authoritative Autosprint's editor-in-chief Alberto Sabbatini writes, the health and future of one of the world's greatest ever sportsmen is "on everyone's mind".

The report said its information has been collected "as objectively as possible", based on "reliable and verified information" from "those who know and have seen him recently and are aware of his clinical status".

Sabbatini concluded that Schumacher is making a "very slow recovery", adding: "The good news is that Michael is not stuck in a bed.

"When not undergoing physical therapy to avoid muscle atrophy, he sits in a chair in front of the windows of his villa, overlooking on one side the snowy peaks of the Swiss alps, and on the other the shores of Lake Geneva.

"Michael has his eyes open," he continued, "but he is often looking into the void.

"In recent times, he has been able to recognise the familiar faces of his family, but he cannot communicate with them. He does not speak and he is not able to perform movements independently.

"He reacts to external stimuli but for now can only answer a familiar voice by moving his eyes.

"In a wonderful article in the Corriere della Sera on Sunday, Giorgio Terruzzi said that sometimes a tear rolls down Michael's face. He cries when he hears the voice of his children or Corinna.

"It shows that he feels emotion. That his brain works. It is the only way his strong character is able to externally convey an emotion. It is a sign that he is alive and understands, even if for now he is the prisoner of an immobile body," Sabbatini added.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns29696.html?
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Happy New Year, Michael. God speed and I hope 2015 will be your year!

Stay strong and #ForzaMichael!

Keep slugging in the new year champ! There are hordes in your corner and the
    audience still shouts "SHUMI! SHUMI! FORZA MICHAEL!!!

FerrariSteve Guest
    I have a huge amount of love and respect for Michael and it breaks my heart to see him (and Jules) in such a horrific state. It's truly heartbreaking and I do wish him the best and hope he gets some kind of recovery out of this.

Now what I am saying next may sound hard or mean but I honestly don't mean it that way, I'm trying to think how I'd feel in his place and in all honesty, it's horrible to say but I think personally I would have preferred not to survive the accident, than go through all this. I know it's horrible to say but I'm being honest :(

I wish Michael and Jules the best!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Now what I am saying next may sound hard or mean but I honestly don't mean it that way, I'm trying to think how I'd feel in his place and in all honesty, it's horrible to say but I think personally I would have preferred not to survive the accident, than go through all this. I know it's horrible to say but I'm being honest :(
    It really depends what the final outcome is. If he is able to continue rehabilitation and regain some quality of life, one where he can talk, get about and communicate with his family then I think that is infinitely better than him not having survived in the first place.

If he is going to be confined to a bed forever, plugged into machines with no ability to communicate, move or have a life at all, then I agree with your statement wholeheartedly.

Always a tricky subject but I've always been of the opinion that once someone completely loses every quality of life, it is better for them not to be here at all. I hope that if I'm ever in that situation, either through old age and health issues or some horrendous accident that I wouldn't just be left, not knowing who anyone is, unable to feed myself properly, incontinent and just in my own world with everyone around simply waiting for me to die (and paying my £1200 a month care-home bill). I see no purpose in that, I'd rather not be remembered that way. I'd wish the same for Michael - I think it would be kinder that he went gracefully (if there is zero percent change of recovery) than be kept 'alive' for years.

Obviously it's a fine line but I'd argue that you your pet wouldn't be left in that condition without the situation being described as inhumane. As a superior species, we shouldn't be left like that either. I suppose Michael is in the right country, where laws are in place to allow you to take action but let's not think about that! I'm still confident of him making a good recovery.
    Last edited by Ste; 1st January 2015 at 23:34.

Schumacher progress 'painfully slow'

Nearly 14 months after his late 2013 skiing accident, little new is known about the great Michael Schumacher's medical progress.

The 46-year-old is reportedly cared for by a private medical team numbering 15 professionals around the clock at his mansion on the shores of Lake Geneva.

But in a new report published by the UK newspaper Express, it is claimed the seven time world champion "remains mute with limited awareness of his environment", and still "unable to walk".

"Progress is painfully slow," said an insider. "There is no miracle on the horizon."

The report said Schumacher's family has now imposed a total media blackout on news about the former Mercedes and Ferrari driver, while tents have been erected to stop paparazzi photographing the F1 star.

"What tortures the public is the same thing that tortures the family - progress is slow, progress is uncertain," Peter Hamlyn, a neurosurgeon and sports head injury expert, said.

"If you look at severe head injury victims who go on to make a good recovery - and I'm not saying all do - it will always be a story of years," he added.

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-271754.html

--------------------------

I still have faith. Our prayers & wishes are with you Michael. Keep fighting champ!

And again not a reliable source cause it's not from Sabine Kehm...
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    And again not a reliable source cause it's not from Sabine Kehm...
    Indeed. If the info doesn't come directly from Sabine Kehm then its validity is very questionable and can be classified as just a rumor. The progress could be painfully slow as that article claims, but we can't completely trust the words of some random self-proclaimed "insiders".

Keep fighting Schumi! #1
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

especially from the insiders who wants to stay anonymous
    not gonna change my profile picture

source - theage.com.au

Michael Schumacher's wife Corinna has reportedly sold the Formula One legend's private jet for £25 million ($49 million).

The move comes as a German magazine Bunte reports that Corinna concedes her husband will never likely to fly again after suffering a devastating brain injury in December 2013.

The holiday home in Norway has also been sold and the report says that Corinna is looking to sell the couple's chalet at Meribel in the French Alps because she believes that Schumacher is never likely to use them again.

The Formula One star requires around-the-clock care in his home in Gland, Switzerland and is unable to speak or walk since a skiing accident nearly 18 months ago.

Advertisement

"When it became clear that the old Schumi perhaps never would return, Corinna had to accept her new life. She had to act," the Bunte report said

I just hope the Schumacher family is financially stable and Corinna selling stuff is just bcoz MS will never use it again.

i am quite sure they don't have money problems, and when Schumi get's well enough, they will buy new stuff
    not gonna change my profile picture

Michael Schumacher’s manager, Sabine Kehm gave a rare public statement on his condition in the Spanish paddock ahead of the Barcelona race.

There has been little news since the 46 year old German recovered enough from his skiing accident to be able to recuperate in his adapted Swiss home. The German press has recently reported that Michael’s wife Corrina had made the difficult decision to sell their private jet and favourite Norweigan holiday home as, they state, it becomes clear that ‘the old Schumi perhaps will never return.’

Now also managing Michael’s 16 year old son Mick, Sabine told media that the condition of the seven times world champion is ‘improving.’

She added, ‘There are small improvements, but the road is still very long.’
    http://formulaspy.com/formula-1/form...-travel-13853?

Have Sabine not used the EXACT same words several times before? ‘There are small improvements, but the road is still very long.’

Feels like a repeat again answer and gives me no more hope
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

19 Years ago today, Schumi won his first Grand Prix in Spain for the Scuderia.

It feels like it was yesterday..

Never wanted him to come to Ferrari (was happy with Gerhard and Jean), but oh my goodness I was happy with that win. Never forget my father called me a 'traitor' when I was rewatching the podium
    over and over again !

Keep fighting champion!!
    Last edited by wappad; 3rd June 2015 at 04:38.

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post

Never wanted him to come to Ferrari (was happy with Gerhard and Jean), but oh my goodness I was happy with that win. Never forgot my father called my a 'traitor' when I was rewatching the podium
    over and over again !

Keep fighting champion!!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post

Never wanted him to come to Ferrari (was happy with Gerhard and Jean), but oh my goodness I was happy with that win. Never forget my father called me a 'traitor' when I was rewatching the podium
    over and over again !

Keep fighting champion!!

Keep fighting Schumi!!

Michael Schumacher News: Ex-Ferrari Boss Says Racer is Trying to Win His 'Toughest Race

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/2...ghest-race.htm
    During his induction to the Automotive "Hall of Fame" in Detroit, former Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo dedicated his recognition to recovering Formula One racer and world champion Michael Schumacher.
    "I don't know if I would have received this award without him. It is dedicated to him, because he is trying to win his toughest race," Montezemolo said as quoted by Express.
    The 46-year-old F1 driver is currently recovering from severe head and brain injuries he sustained from a ski accident in the French Alps last December 2013.
    He was placed in induced coma, regained consciousness then was transferred to a Swiss hospital and finally headed back to his home on Lake Geneva where he is currently recovering.
    According to Express, the ex-Ferrari executive said that what happened to Schumacher accident was "very sad."
    "He was not only someone I worked with, but above all a friend with whom I shared so much. To know that he now lies in bed for such a long time is very sad," he also said.
    In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Montezemolo said Schumacher was a "crucial person" in his career with Ferrari.
    "In 1992, Ferrari was forced to close production for a few weeks. It was very difficult to compete in Formula 1. Michael was a crucial person. He arrived in 1996. He was with us until 2006. And then two more years as sort of a consultant. He's part of my life. The good moments," he explained.
    He also said that since the racer is still recovering from his injuries and is in a difficult moment in his life, he thought of offering him his award.
    "So in this moment, I think of Michael and I think of all the people that have been so good behind the scenes because if [Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio] Marchionne says to you that the value of Ferrari would be $10 billion on the market? I don't know. Maybe it's more," Montezemolo addedd.
    According to Express, the ex-Ferrari head stepped down in September last year due to "an internal power struggle with current chair Marchionne."
    He is currently the non-executive head of Alitalia, the national airline of Italy.
    As for Schumacher, there are still no concrete updates on the racer as his family wanted to keep their privacy on his condition.
    But Gospel Herald said that his medical expenses have ballooned to around $150,000 per week since a medical team monitors his condition 24-7.
    Meanwhile, Schumacher's wife, Corinna, has recently sued three tabloids - Bunte, Freizeit Revue and Freizeit Spaß - for reporting about updates on his health including statements that claimed he has already spoken his first words, accordin to the Telegraph.
    The regional court in Munich already banned the reports on Schumacher.
    "The court's chamber dealing with press law considered the contested forms of coverage as being inadmissible in essential respects and banned them," added Telegraph.
    The court reportedly ruled against the magazines after finding that their coverage "removed his privacy and was the subject of speculative hope and voyeuristic observation."
    Keep fighting Schumi

Our Schumi-Bianchi- Ferrari event in Hungaroring :)
    Facebook album
    novits.jpg

Every-time I see new post in this thread I hope to read some good news....