Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 122324252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1248

Thread: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Every-time I see new post in this thread I hope to read some good news....
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by gimeagui View Post
    Me too.
    Me three.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Me three.
    Me four

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

FerrariSteve Guest
    I've not read anything about Michael for many many months now, any news on his recovery?
    Even a little good news would be so nice.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...-star-improves

His manager Sabine Kahn said: "We are happy to say still he does improve and I say this always considering the severeness of the injury he had.

"But of course it will take a very long time for everybody involved to fight, and we are happy to take this fight."................Further details of his recovery have been kept quiet.

One of the couple’s two children, Mick, 14, who is looking to honour his father by also becoming a racing driver, revealed his dad was getting better “very slowly” to an F1 commentator last year...................Hopes were also raised for the former Ferrari driver when Jean Todt, the head of the sport's governing body, the FIA, said the star was "improving" and could live a "relatively normal life within a short period of time".

In May, his manager Sabine Kehm said the F1 star was “making progress” but added that people “must always keep the seriousness of his injuries in mind”.
    This gives a glimmer of hope, keep fighting Michael

I know he has every right to privacy but still, I can't help but wish we knew more. Can he walk? Talk? He is our hero, it's hard to not know.

I can not believe that after all this time , we don't know anything new.!!! he is a legend and part of Ferrari's family . We deserve to know.

I think he deserves privacy and respect more than we deserve to know anything
    Forza Ferrari

There is hope. At least, a little. Not much has been heard about Michael Schumacher’s condition in recent months. Now Ross Brawn, his close friend and former boss at Benetton, Ferrari and Mercedes, has given a brief update in an interview with the Mirror.

Since suffering a terrible head injury in a skiing accident on 29 December 2013, F1 legend Schumacher has been recovering at his home in Switzerland. He was in a coma for 159 days and had treatment in a clinic in Lausanne. His wife Corinna had their house specially adapted so he was able to continue his rehabilitation at home.

Ross Brawn says he maintains contact with the Schumacher family and has been to visit Michael several times.

“I do keep in touch, but we try and keep a balance of going to see him and calling, and not being a pain.

"I’ve been to see him a few times; Corinna, his wife, calls me occasionally and keeps me updated.

"We just keep praying every day that he’ll recover. It's slow, but there's always hope."

Michael Schumacher won seven Formula One titles with Brawn – two for Benetton and five for Ferrari. His family have been keen to maintain their privacy since the accident, meaning updates on Schumacher's condition have been few and far between. Earlier this year, however, it was reported that he had begun to respond to stimuli.

At the weekend, fellow German Sebastian Vettel was asked whether he could imagine equalling Schumacher’s record of seven titles. Appearing quite emotional, he simply answered: “Michael was my childhood idol, my hero. To be honest, he still is, and in many different ways. I always had enormous respect for him, for what he achiev

Sometimes, I think, it is better to remember someone the way they were, than to know all the details.
    I am happy to send him & his family good thoughts & all the best for the future, while appreciating the memories he created for me.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Sometimes, I think, it is better to remember someone the way they were, than to know all the details.
    I am happy to send him & his family good thoughts & all the best for the future, while appreciating the memories he created for me.

Schumacher ‘is still fighting’ - Todt

FIA president and former Ferrari team principal Jean Todt says Michael Schumacher “is still fighting” to recover from his skiing accident in late 2013.

Schumacher suffered severe head injuries in a fall when skiing in the French Alps in December 2013, spending six months in a coma before finally returning home in July 2014 to continue his recovery. Since then, official updates from the seven-time world champion’s family and manager have been very limited, but Todt - who remains close to Schumacher having won five consecutive titles together at Ferrari - says he continues to fight.

"It was interesting last week after Lewis [Hamilton] was world champion for the third time,” Todt said. "You saw the figures. I was very proud of what Michael [achieved]. Sometimes you tend to forget what he did.

"Michael is a close friend, his family is very close to me, and I'm very close to them as well. I see Michael very often, and Michael is still fighting, and we must keep him fighting with the family.”

Following Hamilton’s championship victory it was put to both Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel they now hold the same combined amount of titles as Schumacher, and Vettel says his fellow German remains his hero.

“I think it’s because, the way I think of Michael is with massive respect for what he has achieved,” Vettel said. “He is my childhood hero. In many ways still my hero. Especially since the day I joined Ferrari – to know what he did with the team and what especially he did to be that successful makes me respect him even more.

“So, yeah, I don’t really want to go near… I’m very, very happy to be in the position that I am – and of course my target is to win the championship with Ferrari – but I haven’t put a number to it and I wouldn’t dare to think about equaling Michael.”

http://en.f1i.com/news/31869-schumac...ing-todt.html?
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Dimi PAPADOPOULOS ‏@f1enigma

Leo Turrini > Mick Schumacher visited Maranello to see Luca Baldisserri and friends of his father #F1
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Mick will drive for Ferrari (atleast that's my dream).

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Mick will drive for Ferrari (atleast that's my dream).
    I share your dream mate. That will be a glorious day.

Nov.11 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Mick Schumacher, the son of the F1 legend and seven time world champion Michael, has been spotted in Ferrari country.

Leo Turrini, a well-known insider with close links to the Maranello marque, said he was dining at the famous ‘Montana’ restaurant – littered with framed photos of Schumacher senior – when he spotted the 16-year-old German.

“Mick was in Maranello to meet friends of his father and talk to Luca Baldisserri, who worked with Schumi as an engineer from 2000 onwards,” Turrini wrote in his blog.

Fascinatingly, Baldisserri now runs Ferrari’s driver development ‘academy’.

Turrini added that Mick is scheduled to travel direct from Maranello to Monza, where he is set to take part in a test for next year’s Formula 4 series.

He said “Baldisserri will be at his side” at the test.

2 years ago today he had the accident Keep fighting Michael.

No news but found this nice little read about Schumi - http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sp...-1227687027409
    Forza Ferrari

2 Years already...Time flies by.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

I haven't lost any hope & neither should you. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.

KeepFightingMichael

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

No news but found this nice little read about Schumi - http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sp...-1227687027409
    Reading that article reminded me that F1 drivers with racing talent (a) once commanded more respect than perhaps they do now, and (b) this respect was converted into a real response from the team’s engineers, mechanics, designers.
    Michael wasn’t told to shut up and drive; he wasn’t a ‘prima donna’ for voicing his feelings and thoughts. He was great racing driver, not a chauffeur!
    Of course there are still great drivers around now, only that the car, has superceded the driver in racing importance in many of the teams. Lord knows, the people sitting on the bench have more say in how the car should be driven in a race than the driver in some cases!

Well, those were the days. Thanks to Michael for them.
    Here’s wishing a Happy New Year to Michael’s beloved wife and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post
    Reading that article reminded me that F1 drivers with racing talent (a) once commanded more respect than perhaps they do now, and (b) this respect was converted into a real response from the team’s engineers, mechanics, designers.
    Michael wasn’t told to shut up and drive; he wasn’t a ‘prima donna’ for voicing his feelings and thoughts. He was great racing driver, not a chauffeur!
    Of course there are still great drivers around now, only that the car, has superceded the driver in racing importance in many of the teams. Lord knows, the people sitting on the bench have more say in how the car should be driven in a race than the driver in some cases!

Very nicely put, Alessandra, and you are so right. You echo the sentiments of so many of us, both MS fans and F1 fans in general. Here's to a happier new year for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Very nicely put, Alessandra, and you are so right. You echo the sentiments of so many of us, both MS fans and F1 fans in general. Here's to a happier new year for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post

Thank you! You said all the right words!

All the best wishes to everyone!!!

Wishing Michael, his family and of course all his fans a happy and healthy New Year.

I came across this article about Michael in his early days and how he engaged with the engineers and developed the car. I enjoyed the insight and read so I hope you all do as well.

Michael Schumacher’s former engineer shares stories from his early years at Benetton

miracles do happen, that's what I pray for.

Not 'good' news according to Luca Di..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35496878
    Trying to be less angry..

It's not really news, but not nice to read never the less.

It has been written in the Sky article though, to take Luca's words with a pinch of salt:

"I think we have to be very careful with reading too much into di Montezemolo's comments," Slater added. "He is an outspoken individual, but without the context and the exact question posed at the gathering in Italy today it is difficult to read too much into the words on a page."

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive here, but REALLY don't like this announcement by Luca. The whole I COULD go into it more, but I won't just doesn't come across well.

Maybe a comment lost in translation, but as bit poor from Luca if he did say it.

I know MS deserves his privacy, but I think they should just tell us the truth about how his condition is.
    Forza Ferrari

Sad news, indeed (if true). I am no believer in "luck", but the way this accident happened (apparently) has always struck me as "ridiculous" (I know that that is the wrong word, but you all know what I mean).

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus