Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 132425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1192

Thread: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

  1. #1111
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Maybe a comment lost in translation, but as bit poor from Luca if he did say it.

    I know MS deserves his privacy, but I think they should just tell us the truth about how his condition is.
    Seems their tight-lipped approach just results in more speculation & idiotic press.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

  2. #1112
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    France
    Posts
    190
    As heartbreaking It will be maybe should we be prepared to very bad news concerning michael..

  3. #1113
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,486
    Often in my thoughts and always in my heart, Keep Fighting Michael!

  4. #1114
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,625
    I agree with Sky's comment. We don't know exactly what LdM meant without knowing the full context, the question asked, translation, etc.

    We can only keep hoping for the best until we receive more news from Schumi's family

  5. #1115
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,721
    I'm surprised that LdM felt it necessary to make any comment in public when the true situation will possibly never be revealed, it just adds to the pain that is being suffered by Michael's family, friends and fans.

  6. #1116
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northglenn
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I'm surprised that LdM felt it necessary to make any comment in public when the true situation will possibly never be revealed, it just adds to the pain that is being suffered by Michael's family, friends and fans.
    I think Luca was asked and was so upset that Michael is not in good shape that his emotions got the best of him. Of course for the rest of us it makes it sound real bad but it may be just Luca having a hard time dealing with the condition of a very close friend.
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

  7. #1117
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,721
    Quote Originally Posted by GrndLkNatv View Post
    I think Luca was asked and was so upset that Michael is not in good shape that his emotions got the best of him. Of course for the rest of us it makes it sound real bad but it may be just Luca having a hard time dealing with the condition of a very close friend.
    That's more likely the case, I'd like to think so anyway. As always, the Press just need a story.

  8. #1118
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northglenn
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    That's more likely the case, I'd like to think so anyway. As always, the Press just need a story.
    Luca wears a gold Rolex Daytona on his wrist every day that Michael bought for him. It is inscribed on the back from Michael. Any one of us here would have the same reaction to someone that close to us.
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

  9. #1119
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,715
    Hmm the real meaning is often lost in translation.
    I choose to keep on hoping there will be a breakthrough in Michael's condition soon.


    Forza Jules

  10. #1120
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Liège, Belgium
    Posts
    317
    To tell you the truth guys I've been preparing for his passing for some time now...

    But I really do hope I'm wrong ! But let's face it, if his body is permanently broken, maybe it's better for him and his family to let go...

  11. #1121
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,364
    I havent said much about this subject but I am fairly disappointed in how MS family has treated the public. Not sure what is going on but its most definitely not good. The fact that they cant bother to update the millions of fans about what is going on just leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I know this is not about the fans and is about MS but I think its time to just move on.

    Like from an old girlfriend that you never quite understood why she broke up with you.

    Dont hate on my post. this is just the way I feel.
    we're number one

  12. #1122
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,335
    I often wonder why there's never a comment anywhere in sports news from his brother Ralph?

  13. #1123
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I often wonder why there's never a comment anywhere in sports news from his brother Ralph?
    Is he still involve in motorsport? haven't heard about him for years, though I only follow F1.

  14. #1124
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    17,980
    Quote Originally Posted by rochas View Post
    Is he still involve in motorsport? haven't heard about him for years, though I only follow F1.
    last i heard he was co-running ADAC Formula 4 team, and he is involved with alot of karting. And things with Merc aswell. He stayed on after his DTM, think something to do with young drivers.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  15. #1125
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I often wonder why there's never a comment anywhere in sports news from his brother Ralph?
    Maybe because Ralf knows that any public communication is up to Michael's family, and it's a private matter until they decide otherwise.

    This is not the Kardashian family.

  16. #1126
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Maybe because Ralf knows that any public communication is up to Michael's family, and it's a private matter until they decide otherwise.

    This is not the Kardashian family.
    Very concisely put, Hornet and quite correct IMO.

  17. #1127
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iceoplex
    Posts
    1,565
    Anyone knows why Willi Weber has not been allowed to see Michael?

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formul...anager-7071659
    Michael Schumacher - "I dont give gifts on track.”

  18. #1128
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Anyone knows why Willi Weber has not been allowed to see Michael?

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formul...anager-7071659
    Just another baffling move by the "Schumacher Camp" (Sabine K.)

    I just don't understand what drive's their distain to even give fans the least little tidbit? Worries about privacy seem to be taking release of info to a ridiculous extreme or could it be the "Brand" (i.e. marketing, etc.), not really sure what they have going on in the way of sales or whatever, if anything?

    Maybe Corinna just wants complete silence so she & Michael can fade into obscurity? I realise they have been as private as possible given his notoriety, but a simple statement periodically, even if all they say is 'progress of Michael's rehab goes very slowly'.

    The ideal way would seem to be using people who were close to him but are detached enough from his immediate care, to give little remarks to the press. Saying to Ralf or Felipe or whoever else they might favour, that it would be OK if you said "this" but maybe not "that" would be helpful to Michael & the family.

    Sorry, not trying to be critical or offend anyone here either. It just seems there are some small concessions that they could make for his extensive fan following that would not invade into their wish for privacy.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

  19. #1129
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Just another baffling move by the "Schumacher Camp" (Sabine K.)

    I just don't understand what drive's their distain to even give fans the least little tidbit? Worries about privacy seem to be taking release of info to a ridiculous extreme or could it be the "Brand" (i.e. marketing, etc.), not really sure what they have going on in the way of sales or whatever, if anything?

    Maybe Corinna just wants complete silence so she & Michael can fade into obscurity? I realise they have been as private as possible given his notoriety, but a simple statement periodically, even if all they say is 'progress of Michael's rehab goes very slowly'.

    The ideal way would seem to be using people who were close to him but are detached enough from his immediate care, to give little remarks to the press. Saying to Ralf or Felipe or whoever else they might favour, that it would be OK if you said "this" but maybe not "that" would be helpful to Michael & the family.

    Sorry, not trying to be critical or offend anyone here either. It just seems there are some small concessions that they could make for his extensive fan following that would not invade into their wish for privacy.
    hi to all, and here not trying to create rumors in any way, this is purely my own speculation...
    what is the point of the family giving updates which I feel would be... Michael is a vegetable being kept alive by machines, there is ZERO chance of recovery, and we are devastated daily each time a fan insists on wanting an update of which there is none to have or ever will be...
    We all loved MS at Ferrari, a lot loved him before and after Ferrari, he was THE driver of the century in my opinion, ruthless and exceptionally fast.
    Let us wish him all the best, without questioning his family.... let the Schumacher legend be.

  20. #1130
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    1,988
    Maybe they are all hush hush cause he passed away some time ago and they don't want people knowing?

  21. #1131
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,715
    I see it both ways up..................Michael always kept his family life very private. I have not heard or seen a picture of his daughter Gina Marie but I believe she is making a name for herself in equestrian circles! Just googled!
    Mick has shot into the limelight since he entered F4 but I for one am not aware of these two growing up,
    So I am not surprised that we have heard very little from Michael's family........it's the wave they have always been away from his very public life in the pitlane!
    Of course we his loyal fans want to know more about the man especially now.
    Let's hope we will see him again............where there is life there is hope.


    Forza Jules

  22. #1132
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iceoplex
    Posts
    1,565
    Does it have to do with money? If there is hope of recovery, some sponsors will stay. If its a lost case, the same sponsors might leave?
    Michael Schumacher - "I dont give gifts on track.”

  23. #1133
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    11,777
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Maybe they are all hush hush cause he passed away some time ago and they don't want people knowing?
    It is kind of a conspiracy theory, but not at all impossible...

  24. #1134
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    U.S
    Posts
    502
    I refuse to listen to anything until I hear from a trusted FAMILY member about his full recovery (or the worst case scenario). I pray that I wake up to the internet with a video of Schumi thanking his fans for being with him throughout the recovery and exclaiming that he is fully recovered. All this speculative talk is cheap gossip and completely disrespectful IMO.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

  25. #1135
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,132
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Maybe they are all hush hush cause he passed away some time ago and they don't want people knowing?
    Why would they be hiding it if indeed he would've passed away? For what possible reason would they be doing that? I feel that this kind of conspiracy falls under the "Elvis or Kurt Cobain being alive and living in the mountains" category.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI


  26. #1136
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8

    Schumacher ‘will one day be back again’ – Kehm

    http://www.f1hub.net/index.php/2016/...ck-again-kehm/

    Really hope this is true and Schumi is back with us soon! He really was a true legend.
    What are your thoughts?
    FORZA FERRARI!!

  27. #1137
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,335
    Quote Originally Posted by kahranvohra View Post
    http://www.f1hub.net/index.php/2016/...ck-again-kehm/

    Really hope this is true and Schumi is back with us soon! He really was a true legend.
    What are your thoughts?
    FORZA FERRARI!!
    Kahranvohra, My thoughts are, welcome!! I see Feb 2016, and it's your third post . And MS is a true F1 legend.

  28. #1138
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iceoplex
    Posts
    1,565
    Michael Schumacher's manager reveals F1 great's "secret dream" to disappear from public eye - months before skiing accident

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formul...als-f1-7543689

    Michael Schumacher 's manager has revealed the Formula 1 great had a secret desire to disappear from the public eye - in a long discussion before his skiing accident.

    More than two years have passed since Schumacher's tragic accident which left him in a coma fighting for his life.

    He is still being cared for at his palatial home on the shores of Lake Geneva by full-time rehabilitation staff, but news of his condition has become scarce.

    But his manager, Sabine Kehm, has revealed that he had always intended to "disappear" from the attention of the world's media.

    And that is why she continues to conceal information about his current condition.

    Speaking at a meeting of 90 media professionals at Lake Starnberg, and she said: "In general the media have never reported on Michael and Corinna's private live. When he was in Switzerland, for example, it was clear he was a private individual.

    "Once in a long discussion Michael said to me: 'You don't need to call me for the next year, I'm disappearing.'

    "I think it was his secret dream to be able to do that some day. That's why now I still want to protect his wishes in that I don't let anything get out."

    Kehm too was on holiday at the time of the accident and she has revealed her horror at finding out the news of his condition - and the media scramble for information.

    "The news reached me the way it often does," recalled Kehm. "I got a phone call asking whether I could confirm Michael had been in an accident.

    "I couldn't confirm it - I was on holiday like a lot of people at the time. After five minutes a journalist was having a go at me asking why I wouldn't confirm the accident.

    "I took a lot of calls that afternoon, tried to get information myself and to get hold of Michael.

    "We had to try to secure the hospital and draft in security. We needed to keep the journalists away because it would have been difficult medically.

    "I understand it needs to be reported and that people are interested. But I believe as a journalist you should also ask yourself what and how you report.

    "The car park and the hospital entrance were very full. People visiting other patients were spoken to and asked whether they knew anything. It was chaotic.

    "There were also several instances of friends and relatives of other patients trying to get money from journalists. They wandered around and offered information about Michael.

    "Doctors were spoken to by visitors and asked whether they might be able to take a photo on their phone and whether there were opportunities."

    So now after 2 years, we get to know Sabine thinks Michael would have wanted no updates of his condition based on a phone conversation they had 3 years ago..... I guess this means Michael will silently move into the shadows :(
    Last edited by Lesky; 12th March 2016 at 23:37.
    Michael Schumacher - "I dont give gifts on track.”

  29. #1139
    FerrariSteve Guest
    Sadly I don't think we'll hear anymore for a number of years or maybe never.

    I know this is a really awful thing to say and I mean no offence, I truly have a special place in my heart for Michael, I remember cheering wildly when he win the title in 2000(and 1994/5) and crying when his engine expired in Japan in 2006 to lose the title to Fernando. Michael is amazing and always will be a legend and titan of the sport ..however, like I was saying, I mean no offence but I do wonder at times if it would have been better if that car in Abu Dhabi in 2010 had been a few inches to the left and hit him. It surely would have been devastating to all of us but at least it would have been instant. I can't help but worry that he's in a state worse than death right now. it breaks my heart to think he's unable to do anything at all, even communicate. at least Jules's suffering is over. :'(

    very very sad indeed.

  30. #1140
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    11,777
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Sadly I don't think we'll hear anymore for a number of years or maybe never.

    I know this is a really awful thing to say and I mean no offence, I truly have a special place in my heart for Michael, I remember cheering wildly when he win the title in 2000(and 1994/5) and crying when his engine expired in Japan in 2006 to lose the title to Fernando. Michael is amazing and always will be a legend and titan of the sport ..however, like I was saying, I mean no offence but I do wonder at times if it would have been better if that car in Abu Dhabi in 2010 had been a few inches to the left and hit him. It surely would have been devastating to all of us but at least it would have been instant. I can't help but worry that he's in a state worse than death right now. it breaks my heart to think he's unable to do anything at all, even communicate. at least Jules's suffering is over. :'(

    very very sad indeed.
    Sadly I agree with you. I wish he never had that skiing accident, and that he live long and die as a very old man... This is just sad... Waiting to die... as a plant...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •