Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

Oh sad news indeed but as you say understandable. I pray every day and I just hope mine and others prayers are heard. My thoughts are with his family as I cannot imagine what it must be like for them.
    "The flowers of victory live in many vases" Michael Schumacher 7 times World Champion

Just to remind everyone that this story is not official. Of course Michael will have lost weight but exactly how much is not known. Once again the tabloids are just making things up to get a good story

Quote Originally Posted by redsteph View Post
    Just to remind everyone that this story is not official. Of course Michael will have lost weight but exactly how much is not known. Once again the tabloids are just making things up to get a good story
    Thank you for the timely reminder
    "The flowers of victory live in many vases" Michael Schumacher 7 times World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    This is nothing new. The longer his state of coma goes on for the less likely that he'll wake up from it or wake up from it without any brain damage.

Saw this story earlier today, about a gaelic footballer who was in a coma for 5 weeks but made a recovery and is playing again. I know Michael has been in a coma for much longer now, but it just shows that recoveries can happen even when it's looked hopeless. Some might find this worth a read

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/26737988
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Saw this story earlier today, about a gaelic footballer who was in a coma for 5 weeks but made a recovery and is playing again. I know Michael has been in a coma for much longer now, but it just shows that recoveries can happen even when it's looked hopeless. Some might find this worth a read

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/26737988
    Thank you for the link Suzie
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Schumacher manager dismisses F1 doctor Hartstein's pessimism

Michael Schumacher's manager has hit back at claims 'really bad news' about the F1 legend is now just around the corner.

Former F1 doctor Gary Hartstein claimed that, more than 12 weeks into the great German's coma, it is "less and less likely" Schumacher will recover.

He thinks "really bad news" about the former Ferrari and Mercedes driver's prospects might be issued soon, due to the "terribly dismal prognosis".

Citing sources, Hartstein was also critical of Schumacher's early treatment following his skiing fall on the French ski alps, and predicted doctors at the Grenoble hospital will eventually move the 45-year-old out of his bed if a patient with better prospects needs it.

In the wake of Hartstein's comments, Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm said: "What I said in my last statement is still true.

"We remain confident that Michael will pull through and wake up, and we are fighting for that together with a team of doctors that we trust," she told Bild newspaper.

The German newspaper report questioned Hartstein's claims that his comments were based on the information of "usually impeccable sources".

"Bild knows that, during his time in formula one, Hartstein was never close to Michael Schumacher.

"He has not had contact with Schumacher's family or the doctors," the report added.

(GMM)
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Schumacher manager dismisses F1 doctor Hartstein's pessimism

Michael Schumacher's manager has hit back at claims 'really bad news' about the F1 legend is now just around the corner.

Former F1 doctor Gary Hartstein claimed that, more than 12 weeks into the great German's coma, it is "less and less likely" Schumacher will recover.

He thinks "really bad news" about the former Ferrari and Mercedes driver's prospects might be issued soon, due to the "terribly dismal prognosis".

Citing sources, Hartstein was also critical of Schumacher's early treatment following his skiing fall on the French ski alps, and predicted doctors at the Grenoble hospital will eventually move the 45-year-old out of his bed if a patient with better prospects needs it.

In the wake of Hartstein's comments, Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm said: "What I said in my last statement is still true.

"We remain confident that Michael will pull through and wake up, and we are fighting for that together with a team of doctors that we trust," she told Bild newspaper.

The German newspaper report questioned Hartstein's claims that his comments were based on the information of "usually impeccable sources".

"Bild knows that, during his time in formula one, Hartstein was never close to Michael Schumacher.

"He has not had contact with Schumacher's family or the doctors," the report added.

(GMM)
    Did you read Harstein's blog?
    If you read it you'll never post all this out of context Bild crap again.

'All things happen for a reason' : Lewis Hamilton's controversial comments on Michael Schumacher's horrific ski accident

British F1 star Lewis Hamilton has provoked a storm of controversy by saying 'all things happen for a reason' when discussing Michael Schumacher's horrific ski accident.

Hamilton was being interviewed about his thoughts on the legendary seven-time F1 champion, who has placed in an induced coma after a fall in the French Alps in December.

Hamilton paid tribute to Schumacher, saying he had "achieved so much" and was "a very motivated individual".

But, speaking to The Telegraph, he controversially added: "I always like to think that things happen for a reason and I think that this is an experience that will really show his character and depth as an individual more so than any other experience that he has had."

The comments were made as Hamilton prepares for the new Formula 1 season, which starts on Sunday.

Schumacher, a 45-year-old father of two, has been in an artificially-induced coma since suffering the brain injury during the skiing accident on December 29.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-lewis-3238866
    ------------------------------------------

Is he f'ing high??????? Bloody idiot, lets see you have this "experience". Count your blessings each day, you insensitive moron !

Its Mirror, could be twisted reporting again.... but if its true, then one must say Lewis really lost his marbles...

Lewis, if this is true, you are an absolute idiot don't you realise that people read what you say and you do yourself no favours - I had just started to have a grudging respect for you but that just flew out the window if this is true. You should let your brain engage but your mouth runs away with you.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Its Mirror, could be twisted reporting again.... but if its true, then one must say Lewis really lost his marbles...
    It is true:

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=ha...JOSW8QeDwoDgCw

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/...073021889.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mot...character.html

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/...eason-comment/

I'm not certain what's wrong necessarily with his comments? I took it as it's just another one of life's challenges.... maybe that's just the way he looks at life, I don't think it was meant necessarily to mean bad....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'm not certain what's wrong necessarily with his comments? I took it as it's just another one of life's challenges.... maybe that's just the way he looks at life, I don't think it was meant necessarily to mean bad....
    Agreed. But it's Lewis, so some will never see anything he says in a good light.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Lewis Hamilton has said nothing offensive about Michael Schumacher. He just wanted to express his positive feelings in more philosophic way.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Well Lewis is a massive idiot, this is not the first time he does things and say's things without thinking, within day's of Micheal accident he posted pictures of him and his dog on a ski slope enjoying himself, while Michael lay in his bed fighting for his life.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    'All things happen for a reason' : Lewis Hamilton's controversial comments on Michael Schumacher's horrific ski accident

British F1 star Lewis Hamilton has provoked a storm of controversy by saying 'all things happen for a reason' when discussing Michael Schumacher's horrific ski accident.

Hamilton was being interviewed about his thoughts on the legendary seven-time F1 champion, who has placed in an induced coma after a fall in the French Alps in December.

Hamilton paid tribute to Schumacher, saying he had "achieved so much" and was "a very motivated individual".

But, speaking to The Telegraph, he controversially added: "I always like to think that things happen for a reason and I think that this is an experience that will really show his character and depth as an individual more so than any other experience that he has had."

The comments were made as Hamilton prepares for the new Formula 1 season, which starts on Sunday.

Schumacher, a 45-year-old father of two, has been in an artificially-induced coma since suffering the brain injury during the skiing accident on December 29.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-lewis-3238866
    ------------------------------------------

Is he f'ing high??????? Bloody idiot, lets see you have this "experience". Count your blessings each day, you insensitive moron !
    I don't really find anything wrong with what Hamilton said, other than pointing out the obvious. If anything, he was implying that he believes Michael will be okay.
    Last edited by Giallo 550; 28th March 2014 at 18:57.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I don't really find anything wrong with what Hamilton said, other than pointing out the obvious. If anything, he was implying that he believes Michael will be okay.
    Exactly, I was really surprised by some of the reactions here. Because of that I read Lewis' words a few times again, but there is really nothing wrong or negative towards Michael in his words. On the contrary, he is being positive about Michael as a person.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Exactly, I was really surprised by some of the reactions here. Because of that I read Lewis' words a few times again, but there is really nothing wrong or negative towards Michael in his words. On the contrary, he is being positive about Michael as a person.
    I agree, and in a sense, he is saying he acknowledges that Michael is going through something more difficult and trying than winning seven world championships. I'm certainly not a Hamilton fan, but I'm a bit shocked at some of these negative reactions.

Disappointed Since 2010

Hamilton isn't saying anything bad or negative here. What he's said actually suggests that he thinks Schumacher will pull himself out of this situation that he's currently in because of his strong character. People need to try and understand the meaning behind his words. He's basically saying what many posters have been saying here just that he has a different way of saying it. He is a Formula 1 driver after all - some people need to show a little bit more respect here.

It's comments being taken out of contexts. Media throws in the word controversy with Lewis Hamilton and it's sure to ruffle some feathers needlessly. They succeeded obviously.

Wow, seems a huge over-reaction to Lewis' statement which to me seems rather positive in nature... Rather like some on here likening Michael's recovery to another F1 race. Honestly I was a little uncomfortable with those stating it in such terms, but realize it comes from a place in their hearts as a way to state something positive. (And by uncomfortable I mean it is just a simile I, myself, would not use, but I do not at all take offense at others who so choose.)
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

This story appears to be true. It displays the true love his wife has for him. Please wake up Michael.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...kely-wake.html

The wife of Michael Schumacher is reportedly spending £10million on building a fully equipped medical suite in their family home so her husband can leave the hospital.
    Even though Corinna Schumacher, 45, has been told by doctors it is highly unlikely the racing ace will ever wake up from his medically induced coma, she has decided to build the facility in their estate on the banks of Lake Geneva, Switzerland...................Mrs Schumacher refuses to give up on the man she once described as the 'perfect partner'........... 'would view breaking faith with the hope of a miracle a betrayal, little better than treachery.
    'She feels that the family communes around his bedside pulsate their hope and love to him, and that of the millions of fans worldwide who share that faith.
    'She can’t express defeat because that would be the end of her.'

I hope it is true, so she can at least find some comfort in being back in her own home, in familiar surroundings. She must be living in limbo at the moment - at least at home she and the kids can find some semblance of normality.
    Forza Jules

Even though Corinna Schumacher, 45, has been told by doctors it is highly unlikely the racing ace will ever wake up from his medically induced coma
    The Daily Fail. Have we heard this from any official source? And that aside- if it i still a medically induced coma, then its still much too early to say he will never wake up, right?

I don't think Lewis meant anything bad. Lewis just sometimes make strange choice of words in expressing himself, like the Ali G joke.

Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post
    This story appears to be true. It displays the true love his wife has for him. Please wake up Michael.

Apart from that, it's depressing to read the doctors comment though. I hope it's not true

I hope it is true, so she can at least find some comfort in being back in her own home, in familiar surroundings. She must be living in limbo at the moment - at least at home she and the kids can find some semblance of normality.
    I agree, Suzie, but sadly it doesn't look hopeful for a return to anything normal for the forseeable future. However, maybe his surroundings will prove positive and a miracle will happen. Here's hoping.

Absolutely agree, Suzie. In this way, although she can't make him recover, she can take control or 'normalise', to some extent, what must be a nightmare situation for her and the children.

Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post

Don't think that's the best idea at least in Michael's interest. The hospital is the best place for Michael to be in. It has all the facilities, equipment and personnel that Michael needs. As long as he is in a coma, he is not out of danger. Unless, there will be a full-time team of medical staff in the proposed new building looking after Michael it is not a good idea at all and even if there is one it is doubtful that the new facility will be better than that of the hospital. But this is of course a decision for the family and we as fans must respect that.