Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212233 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Horrible horrible news, I pray for you and your family, Michael! I've been in a state of shock since I first heard the news yesterday.

I made a cover photo for my FB profile, but feel free to reuse if you like.

Attachment 5600
    Used
    Forza Ferrari

OUR GREAT CHAMPION...

FORZA SCHUMI!
    FORZA FERRARI!
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

The feeling is mutual!

Quote Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
    Kimi is not getting hurt all the time, he must have better control!
    What a ridiculous comment! Michael is fighting for his life right now you know!
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

some people just no respect. On Twitter there are some sickening people on there.

Anyway, enough of those.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Good call for banning that idiot Greig.

In all honesty I feel there should be zero tolerance at this time of trouble and pain.

I am really hoping that Michael will pull thru. The only real thing that gets me going is the fact that he is in the best hands right now, other than that and with the few things I know about neurology I can only say things are dangerous and very serious. However Michael is strong and really fit, and with the aid he gets I am hoping he'll pull thru.

Prayers go to him and his family.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Feels like no news is good news at the moment. I hope tomorrow's update brings some positive information.
    I don't really feel like this is happening, it is so surreal seeing it on the news, like it's a dream or like they're talking about someone else.
    Forza Jules

What time tomorrow will the next update come? Same time as today, 11am CET?

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    I read at the end of the morning so I think it will be around the same time as today.
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Hey Greig and Scuderia fans,

it's been a loooong time since i last popped in here. Maybe Greig's remembering my pro JV threads, a decade or more ago... Anyway...

I take the opportunity to express my wishes for a speedy and full recovery for Michael. Despite being an anti-MS fan (on track), the news of his serious accident got me trembling in agony.

Really lost of words now, just checking the media all the time, hoping for positive news.

All my positive thoughts and prayers for you Michael. You're a fighter and you'll win again.

Cheers to all,
    Marios

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

Anyway, enough of those.
    Yes, please keep it clean here. Thanks.
    I myself never was a Schumacherfan by any means, but that doesn't matter. The man did a lot for Ferrari, he was a great driver and above all - and that's the only thing that matters right now imo - he is a husband and a father.
    His family loves him, he loves them and it is way to early to end all that....
    It's the only thing we should be wanting now: that his family gets him back.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Horrible horrible news, I pray for you and your family, Michael! I've been in a state of shock since I first heard the news yesterday.

Attachment 5600
    Thank you for this, I've used it too. :)

Back in the day, in the good old days when i used to frequent this forum on a daily basis I used to have a team polo shirt that I was convinced was good luck- I wore it almost every race weekend for 5 or 6 years and it never seemed to let me down. As you can imagine its tatty and old now- and alongside a signed Schumi print and some other bits and bats I've kept hold of it as I want to pass it on to my son and explain to him how much of an idol of mine Michael was. Tonight I've dug it out and will be keeping it on til hopefully we hear some good news in the coming days.

When he raced for us he was to me what Muhammad Ali was to my dads generation- a supreme competitor who could seemingly bend any situation to his will. The 4 stop race to win at France in 2004, the way he hunted down and almost passed Alonso in Italy having passed button like he was stood still- his epic battles with first Williams and then Mclaren are and will always be the stuff of legend.
    I'm very lucky to have had a tiny tiny glimpse of the man as well as the competitor, away from the cameras at a test session. We were in the main grandstand opposite the pits at a summer test, and shouted at any driver that appeared from across the pit straight to give us a wave- most of his contemporaries simply ignored us, some waved their hands and went about their business, but he crossed over the pit lane, found a gap in the fence facing the main grandstand and lifted his arms aloft and gave us a wave and smiled politely whilst we did our ' we are not worthy' gestures to him. It was a very small,almost inconsequential gesture but it absolutely made our day.

I sincerely hope he pulls through this awful situation and his family get their husband/ father back as he was pre the accident. Having experienced brain injury first hand due to my father having a rare and massive type of stroke I know only too well the soul destroying experience of sitting waiting hoping and praying for a loved one to get better and I pray that he comes out of the other side fit and well and can live a healthy and happy life for many years to come.

In this spanish link below they are saying the helmet tore in half and that there were lots of blood, what kind of crazy hit makes a helmet break apart?
    http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/...17_862359.html
    One of the doctors gave % chances of not making it in similar cases and are quite high, but at least it's more likely people surviving than not surviving.

Michael is not just any guy and that will probably improve his chances, but this is really serious, dont like it at all. Best wishes to him and his family.

im keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for Posative News
    FERRARI In F1 =
    has the prestige and passion for Motor Racing that is unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    They told in Germany TV the next update will be at 12am CET.
    Keep fighting Michael!

this days....a sad days....michael keep fighting !!

The kindest words Coulthard has ever said

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mot...about-him.html

The outpouring of concern for Michael Schumacher’s wellbeing over the past 36 hours, not only from the world of Formula One but from the wider sporting, and indeed non-sporting, community has been wonderful to see. In my opinion it constitutes long-overdue recognition of Michael’s status as a true sporting great. I only hope and pray that he pulls through to see what nice things people have been saying about him.
    The truth is I do not believe that Michael has ever truly received the praise or recognition that his stunning achievements merited. And I say that now with the benefit of hindsight....................With hindsight I know now that I was never on the seven-time world champion's level but he gave my career as a Formula One driver credibility

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    You are full of empathy & class, aren't you?
    Let me tell you, and teach you, something, vcs3164. In the Alps' triangle that touches Switzerland-France-Italy where MS was skiing, during the 9 days preceeding his accident, 10 people, 4 of whom in their early twenties, have died doing off-piste skiing.

Skiing is definitively not as innocuous as a stroll on the beach, but it is not an exceptionally risky sport either, when done on marked ski-run. Off-piste skiing is something else, one is exposed to all sort of potential dangers: avalanches (quite frequent on certain conditions), obstacles hidden under the snow, like rocks or fallen tree trunks, sudden change on snow depth and/or consistency, abrupt declivity transition, and so on and so on. Off-piste skiing is basically done on deep snow, which means that speed and and trajectory control is much, much more demanding than on a marked ski-run, and this represent an additional difficulty. And danger.

I have been doing off-piste skiing every winter for the last 30 years, I know what i'm talking about. We, the off-piste skiers, know, or are supposed to know, the risks that it implies and therefore we accept the potential consequences, we are aware that such thrilling, magic moments may come at a price. So, when something happens to one of us, we accept it. Our empathy may not express itself with words but our heart reaches out and feel the other's pain in our own heart.

In the first hours, MIchael's accident didn't seem anything bad and that's why I answered to Suzie's post "lightly".

I feel very sorry for Michael, I wish with all my heart that he can recover quickly and, mainly, fully and my empathy goes to his family.

As it goes to the families of the fellows skiers that, in the last few days, paid the price of their (and our) passion.
    Addio Signor Enzo. Ciao Gilles.

Heres hoping that the long break in information means that he is stable and we just wait for improvement.

As Italian Spirit mentioned skiing has had many casualties and many more accidents this holidayseason and my heart goes out to all the familys faced with such grief.

I hope that Schumi will fight on and recover. I also hope the publicity surrounding his accident will function as a reminder to everybody out on the slopes of how important helmets and obeying safetyrules realy is, and maybe in that way prevent other familys from having to face the same ordeal.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by ali355 View Post
    Back in the day, in the good old days when i used to frequent this forum on a daily basis I used to have a team polo shirt that I was convinced was good luck- I wore it almost every race weekend for 5 or 6 years and it never seemed to let me down. As you can imagine its tatty and old now- and alongside a signed Schumi print and some other bits and bats I've kept hold of it as I want to pass it on to my son and explain to him how much of an idol of mine Michael was. Tonight I've dug it out and will be keeping it on til hopefully we hear some good news in the coming days.

When he raced for us he was to me what Muhammad Ali was to my dads generation- a supreme competitor who could seemingly bend any situation to his will. The 4 stop race to win at France in 2004, the way he hunted down and almost passed Alonso in Italy having passed button like he was stood still- his epic battles with first Williams and then Mclaren are and will always be the stuff of legend.
    I'm very lucky to have had a tiny tiny glimpse of the man as well as the competitor, away from the cameras at a test session. We were in the main grandstand opposite the pits at a summer test, and shouted at any driver that appeared from across the pit straight to give us a wave- most of his contemporaries simply ignored us, some waved their hands and went about their business, but he crossed over the pit lane, found a gap in the fence facing the main grandstand and lifted his arms aloft and gave us a wave and smiled politely whilst we did our ' we are not worthy' gestures to him. It was a very small,almost inconsequential gesture but it absolutely made our day.

I sincerely hope he pulls through this awful situation and his family get their husband/ father back as he was pre the accident. Having experienced brain injury first hand due to my father having a rare and massive type of stroke I know only too well the soul destroying experience of sitting waiting hoping and praying for a loved one to get better and I pray that he comes out of the other side fit and well and can live a healthy and happy life for many years to come.
    Thank you for sharing this heartfelt story. I feel the same way about Schumi as you do, to me he's the greatest sporting hero of all-time and he is the reason why I started watching F1 and also one of the main reasons why I fell in love with Ferrari back in 2000 when I was a kid, and my enthusiasm even got my mom to start watching F1 occasionally and supporting Schumi. So yea, Michael has always been like a brother to me and now that he's in this horrible life-threatening situation...it's just so devastating. All I wish and pray for is that he gets through this awful nightmare and lives happily ever after, together with his beautiful family.

Amazing words, Ali. Thanks. :)

I think the article by DC deserves to be posted in its entirety, so here you are.

I only hope Michael Schumacher pulls through so that he can see all the nice things people are saying about him
    Source: Telegraph
    By: David Coulthard

With hindsight I know now that I was never on the seven-time world champion's level but he gave my career as a Formula One driver credibility.

The outpouring of concern for Michael Schumacher’s wellbeing over the past 36 hours, not only from the world of Formula One but from the wider sporting, and indeed non-sporting, community has been wonderful to see. In my opinion it constitutes long-overdue recognition of Michael’s status as a true sporting great. I only hope and pray that he pulls through to see what nice things people have been saying about him.

The truth is I do not believe that Michael has ever truly received the praise or recognition that his stunning achievements merited. And I say that now with the benefit of hindsight.

For years Michael was the perfect pantomime villain, particularly in this country; German, of course, ruthlessly efficient, ultra-aggressive. Whereas previous greats such as Sir Jackie Stewart or Juan Manuel Fangio left the door open to their rivals when racing, for fear of making what could easily have been fatal contact, Michael went all out in his pursuit of victory.

Sometimes he overstepped the mark – Jerez in 1997 and Rascasse in 2006 spring to mind – and those indiscretions made him unpalatable to the sporting purist. He was marked down by some, including me, as a tainted champion. But you cannot argue with his achievements.

At the end of the day he had the same rules and the same race marshals as the rest of us. And he destroyed us.

He could be infuriating. I had numerous run-ins with Michael, most famously at Spa in 1998 after we collided on a wet track and he stormed over to the McLaren garage and accused me of trying to kill him. I asked him later, in exasperation, whether he had ever been wrong about anything at any point in his life. “Not that I can remember,” he replied. To me that summed him up.

He had complete and utter self-belief. It was what made him a champion.

And what a champion: 91 grand prix victories and seven drivers’ world titles. I can say now, and again it is with the benefit of hindsight, that I was never on his level. You cannot admit that, even to yourself, during your career because you need to have self-belief but I have no trouble admitting it now.

Michael was the reference point for me. I can see that now. If I beat him to a win or a podium, I knew I had done a very good job. He gave my career credibility.

As I said, we did not always see eye to eye but there were two sides to Michael.

He was a ruthless competitor but at the same time he was a family man; generous, kind. If you were part of his trusted circle then he was loyal. If you were not, he could cut you off completely.

I never knew exactly which camp I belonged to but our shared relationship with Mercedes-Benz meant that we were thrown together regularly.

I can vividly recall being invited to Michael’s private parties after the German Grand Prix and staying up smoking cigars with him, late at night after a few drinks, talking about just how lucky we were to be doing what we loved.

There was always that underlying respect. When Michael retired at the end of 2006 he approached me and suggested we swap helmets. It had never even occurred to me to ask him. Why would he have wanted my helmet? But he knew that I collected them and I was honoured that he offered me his. It remains one of my prized possessions and I know he keeps mine at his home in Switzerland.

I think Michael might have got more credit before now had he not burnt his bridges so completely with the British media, to whom he was completely closed, at least during his first career. I think Sebastian Vettel may have learnt from that experience.

In any case, Michael’s comeback with Mercedes showed he had a more human side. And in a funny way, it cemented his legacy rather than harmed it.

Watching him struggle to match Sebastian and Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso, not always through fault of his own, proved that time waits for no man. It was too easy during his first career to assume that he simply swept all before him.

Those struggles with Mercedes gave us, certainly me, a new-found appreciation for the unbelievable levels of consistency he achieved in his first career.

This skiing crash has connected Michael to the rest of us on a human level once and for all. Here is a father, like any other, his wife and children at his bedside praying for him to pull through. It is something to which we can all relate.

The awful thing is that so often it takes something like this before we say what we truly feel about someone.

I hope that in this instance, with Michael having received such swift medical attention, and given the fact that he continues to receive the very best treatment possible, he is going to emerge victorious once again. And when he does he is going to realise in what esteem he is held.

Nice article from David.
    Last edited by Winter; 31st December 2013 at 01:39.

Thumbs up

image.jpg
    Here it happened.

Attachment 5600
    Updated my cover photo with the one you made Schumiklub.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Nice one mate

A small insight from an ex F1 doctor

http://formerf1doc.wordpress.com/201...ss-conference/

Get well soon Michael
    "Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."

First off, hello to all members of this forum. I am new here and this is my first post.

I have been a Scuderia fan since I was in my early teens, but I have been an F1 fan even longer, more often than not supporting a driver rather than a team at my young age, as then, I truly didn't understand what it means to be a fan of a team, especially one as heralded and steeped in history as Ferrari.

My first memory of Michael was the 1994 Imola GP. For obvious reasoning, that race, and that weekend carry a very dark cloud for most of us fans. Even then, while he was in the Bennetton, I began following him. At the time (and to this day) Senna was/is an idol of mine. After his passing, I found myself drawn to the sport..regardless of the sorrow that hung around for the next year and beyond. Watching these mortal men become seemingly immortal whilst doing something many of us can only dream of, was, and still is, awe inspiring.

When Michael joined Ferrari my interest in F1 skyrocketed. I began learning the history more in depth, the teams, the drivers, the records...all of it. And mostly, because of him. The way in which he drove sucked me into the sport and made me begin watching more intently and learning or discovering what it is to be a true fan of this sport.

I was instantly drawn to Schumi's intensity, his drive, his attitude, and naturally: his domination. Never in my life had I witnessed an athlete so readily dominate his chosen sport so consistently while making it look like child's play. And never in my life had I seen a team or a fan base so full of love, and pride in what they do. To me, Schumacher, and the Scuderia helped to instill a certain level of pride in my own life. To love what you do, and to constantly strive to get better. To those who say that sports, and racing are menial, and don't/can't have an impact, I say look again, because millions of Tifosi worldwide have become one, not because this man won 7 Championships, not because he won 91 Grand Prix, but because of the fashion in which he did it. Because of the constant love and devotion he showed all of his loyal fans, the fierce nature and conviction in which he took the track, and for the way in which he carried himself off the track.

Michael is an inspiration to those of us who are fans of his. I couldn't imagine my life without The Scuderia. Without those 19-22 weekends every year that I get to enjoy a passion of mine, and live vicariously through these people whose passion seems to know no bounds. I couldn't imagine NOT being a Scuderia fan, and I can't imagine F1 without Michael popping in from time to time or being involved in some way.

I send my most earnest and sincere thoughts, and prayers to him and his family. And I thank all of you for the undying passion, love and pride that being a Ferrari fan comes with, for if I can feel what it must be like to be at a race amongst the Tifosi, and supporting Ferrari through a TV, then I must tip my cap to all of you for the decades of laying the foundation for such an amazing fan base and team. It is that same Scuderia pride, love, and passion that will help Michael and his loved ones in this time of need. Forza Ferrari & Forza Schumi. Godspeed.