Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293041 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

Forza Michael!
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...et-camera.html

Yesterday Schumacher's family say they have been 'utterly overwhelmed' and moved to tears by a birthday vigil held by scores of fans and well-wishers outside the hospital where he is being treated.
    Schumacher should have been celebrating his 45th birthday with his family on Friday.
    Some 200 people from Ferrari fan clubs based around Europe made the trip to the hospital, where a tribute was held in support of the seven-time Formula One world champion.
    The scores of well-wishers also held a one-minute silence on Friday afternoon, the racer's 45th birthday.
    Schumacher's family, who on Thursday said Michael 'is a fighter and will not give up' his fight for life, expressed their sincere appreciation following Friday's tributes, which were largely co-ordinated by Ferrari, with whom the German driver won five of his seven world titles.
    'The incredible sympathies shown today by the Ferrari fans outside the hospital has utterly overwhemed us and moved us all to tears,' Schumacher's family said in a statement on his official website.
    'We are deeply grateful for it and also for all the heartwarming and heartfelt wishes for Michael to get well soon, which have reached us from all over the world.'Schumacher's family - wife Corinna and their two children, father Rolf and brother Ralf - have maintained a presence at his bedside since tlast weekend.
    Schumacher enjoys a special place in the hearts of all Ferrari fans, having won the world drivers' title for five successive years between 2000 and 2004 while driving for the team.
    Seventy-two of his record 91 grand prix wins also came at the wheel of Ferrari cars.
    A Ferrari statement read: 'This is a special day for Ferrari and all its fans as it is Michael Schumacher's birthday.
    'At the moment, he is tackling the most important fight of his life and therefore we want to send him very special wishes.
    'Everyone at Ferrari, from president Luca di Montezemolo and team principal Stefano Domenicali, who are in touch all the time with Michael's family and those closest to him, are continuously watching how his situation evolves.

Obviously, today there are double the reasons to wish him all the best.
    'Forza Michael!'

Haven't been here for a loooong time, but all I want is to have Schumi back and well. Forza Schumi!
    From Schumacher, always expect the impossible.

Can't believe it's been a whole week

Quote Originally Posted by redsteph View Post
    Can't believe it's been a whole week
    I think the recovery process is going to be very long

For now I'm just waiting for Schumi being taken out of coma

Just find this on local news portal. Basically BILD journalist has reconstructed MS skiing path, and where the accident occurred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y54xpnVVVpM

Apparently there was an eyewitness, who yet again apparently filmed accident while he was taping his girlfriend skiing. He sad that MS was not going more than 20Kmh

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Just find this on local news portal. Basically BILD journalist has reconstructed MS skiing path, and where the accident occurred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y54xpnVVVpM

Apparently there was an eyewitness, who yet again apparently filmed accident while he was taping his girlfriend skiing. He sad that MS was not going more than 20Kmh
    Why is it not fenced off, how much more proof do they need that its a dangerous area? if only slightly distracted it looks easy to stray onto.

Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post
    Why is it not fenced off, how much more proof do they need that its a dangerous area? if only slightly distracted it looks easy to stray onto.
    We can't live life like that in my opinion. Loads of race circuits would be closed now if we reacted like that and roads with regular deaths would be too. Instead, signs are put out to warm you of the dangers and I'm sure, in light of Michael's accident that Meribel have done something similar. Sabine already said it was a freak accident, complete bad luck. Thousands of people will have skied through there at much greater speed and had no issues.

At the end of the day it's your choice whether you ski there or not, just like it's your choice if you risk death on Everest or by getting in your car everyday.

Thanks to all who have been updating condition of Michael & providing links.

The advances in treating head trauma/brain injury are truly wondrous but it is still a path with serious obstacles. As long as there is no (bad) news, the odds for a favorable outcome keep increasing, something to hang your red hat on!

Forza Shumi!

When will there be an update from the hospital? They mentioned an update earliest monday last time they spoke, but today still no word. Just want to know whats going on... the waiting is killing me :(

Nice to hear the kind words of Mika Hakkinen in his letter to Schumacher. I'm hoping no news is good news but have everything crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    When will there be an update from the hospital? They mentioned an update earliest monday last time they spoke, but today still no word. Just want to know whats going on... the waiting is killing me :(
    This is the latest from ESPN :
    Doctors treating Michael Schumacher say his clinical state "is considered as stable" but that he remains in a "critical" condition.

Schumacher has now spent eight nights in a coma at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire in Grenoble following his ski accident on December 29. After his manager Sabine Kehm asked on Saturday for the media to not speculate on his condition, the hospital released a statement on Monday confirming that there would be no further information released for the immediate future.

"The clinical state of Michael Schumacher is considered as stable and is constantly monitored by the medical treatments that are administered to him," the statement said. "However, the medical team responsible underlines that they will not stop to consider Michael's condition as critical.

"The privacy of the patient demands that we are not going into details of his treatment, and this is why we do not plan any press conferences nor give out written press releases, anymore for the time being."

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

Feeds: ESPN Staff

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/s...KTC9AuIG2Mp.99
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by BigGar32 View Post
    Nice to hear the kind words of Mika Hakkinen in his letter to Schumacher. I'm hoping no news is good news but have everything crossed.
    Mika's letter was nice indeed
    not gonna change my profile picture

MS is not longer in life-threatening situation, but condition is still critical.

http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/...0150.bild.html

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    MS is not longer in life-threatening situation, but condition is still critical.

http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/...0150.bild.html
    The hospital has sadly already denied what Bild wrote and says the situation is indeed somewhat stable, but can still be considered as life-threatening.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Seems to be some news coming out saying that Corinna has once again asked for privacy and has now also asked the media to leave the hospital area.

A swedish newspaper claiming Schumacher nearly died TWICE last week. Especially a friday brain scan showed very damaging results. The article claims the doctors then changed treatment plan and that saved Michaels life.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle18129993.ab

A swedish newspaper claiming Schumacher nearly died TWICE last week. Especially a friday brain scan showed very damaging results. The article claims the doctors then changed treatment plan and that saved Michaels life.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle18129993.ab
    I think that's a pretty obvious statement - he's still critical now.

The media like to construct their own rubbish and make things up anyway. Sabine is right - listen only to what the doctors say, for they're the only ones who know what's happening.

So this is still pretty worrying and Corinna and family must be going through hell, so everyone should respect their privacy and that includes journalists. No news is better than speculation and incorrect information.

Its lucky he had his helmet on. I've done quite a bit of off piste without a helmet. I'm snowboarding in Austria later this month with a helmet and my thoughts will be with Schumi.
    I'd like to see him back in the Ferrari camp in some capacity when he recovers. Forza Schumi
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Apparently, Michael's helmet camera was running during the accident and the results of the analysis will be told tomorrow at 11am.

This comes from the same Bild person the other day, so who knows what's correct!

My gut feeling is that Michael is badly damaged, I hope I am wrong, but I fear the worst!

Don´t really know what the fuss is about the helmet camera, what could that possible resolve? I mean there were plenty of eye witnesses as well?

leaked video of his accident on youtube...

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post

where??
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

My gut feeling is that Michael is badly damaged, I hope I am wrong, but I fear the worst!

Don´t really know what the fuss is about the helmet camera, what could that possible resolve? I mean there were plenty of eye witnesses as well?
    IIRC, after the accident, the resort were quick to claim that Schumi was skiing off-piste. This was immediately after the accident.
    Schumacher fell while skiing off-piste in Meribel earlier Sunday and hit his head on a rock, according to a statement from the resort.
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/michael-sch...dent-1.2478473

Of course after that, we know from the official statement from Schumi's side that Schumi wasn't skiing there, but he was there to help someone else. Had the resort actually took the time to do a simple investigation by asking the other member, they would have known that instead of making the statement.

I think the resort is in a hurry to absolve themself from any blame (as in to prove that there's no danger). Of course we can't blame them for conducting an investigation, but I guess they want to proceed as quick as they can although it's not going to improve the situation.

ps: Just IMO, I could be wrong and who knows, maybe there's information that can help Schumi.

Unless you give us the link, we will only render it as fake with all due respect

I still think that is not the moment to talk about the circumstances of the accident and who/what is to blame. To me it is just a freak accident.

But if it helps to deviate the media from the hospital to anywhere, then welcome these news. Michael's family are living a nightmare and they deserve to be as calm as possible.

Yip, like Corey said, link or it didn't happen man....

There is no video. Only fakes.