Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

I think Sabine just doesn't want to say anything until things are clear and good. of course there's many speculations, but they didn't give press conference also before it was absolutly necessary
    not gonna change my profile picture

Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak
    Michael Schumacher's manager says seven-time Formula One champion slowly being brought out of induced coma following skiing accident

Terrific news

Michael Schumacher 'in the process' of being taken out of his coma

Source: Sky Sports F1

Rumours have swirled since the start of the week that Schumacher was being eased out of his medically-induced coma at the Grenoble Hospital in southern France and Thursday's official confirmation is bound to be interpreted as a positive development by the German's legions of supporters.In a statement released on behalf of Schumacher's family, the seven-times World Champion's manager Sabine Kehm declared:

'The family of Michael Schumacher is again requesting to respect its privacy and the medical secret, and to not disturb the doctors treating Michael in their work. At the same time, the family wishes to express sincere appreciation for theworld wide sympathy.

'Michael's sedation is being reduced in order to allow the start of the waking up process which may take long time. For the protection of the family, it was originally agreed by the interested parties to communicate this information only once this process was consolidated.'

It is the first official update that has confirmed a change in Schumacher's condition since the first week of January when he was described 'as stable'.

The German has been in a coma for over a month after suffering a severe head injury whilst skiing at the end of December.

Reports in Greece say that Michael blinked his eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by NyX View Post
    That's great news! Come on Schumi you can do it
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by NyX View Post
    We just had an official report - lets not listen to rumours again!

HOW could they possibly know that!?!?!

From what I read, blinking eyes and various other signs are part of the reason they know it's time to start reducing the sedation.

Racing is life and life is a risk - Michael schumacher

Reports from his management and hospital say they are starting to wake him

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112355

Racing is life and life is a risk - Michael schumacher

Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

So MS has now overtaken Perez, Maldonado & Suti...
    C'mon Michael this race is your to win :)

Awesome news. Keep fighting Schumi

Michael Schumacher has "blinked" and is "responding to simple instructions".

Those are the latest unofficial developments to emerge from the Grenoble hospital, after the F1 legend's manager confirmed reports doctors are attempting to ease Schumacher out of his month-long coma.

France's L'Equipe, having broken the news about the awakening process, now reports on Thursday that the great German has "blinked" his eyes as Dr Emmanuel Gay performed neurological reflex tests.

‪#‎ForzaSchumi‬ ‪#‎KeepFightingMichael

Come on Schumi, come back to us! You can do it Champ! #The Best
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

This is excellent news! Just what we needed from all the doom and gloom that the media has been spitting out.

He must be displaying improving symptoms for the hospital to consider putting him out of coma. It's a remarkable recovery! Let's hope that everything that happens from now on is done diligently. There are still many more hurdles left to climb but he's taken a giant leap already.

Oh what encouraging news today it has given us all heart. Come on lets keeping working together with our love and thoughts to bring him back to his family and fans again. Forza Michael I will pray each day and night for you to see the final corner with the checkered flag in sight
    "The flowers of victory live in many vases" Michael Schumacher 7 times World Champion

Yes, Michael, yes, you are doing fabulous!!!!

COOOME ON MY CHAMP! YOU CAN DO IT

It would have been my late dads birthday today, he like all of us would have loved to have heard this very encouraging news.

The first good news since the accident happened.

Come on Michael, start doing more of these qualifying time laps in this race for your 92 win, you can do it!

I know it's easy to get carried away because we all want the best news possible but all the stories about Michael responding to instructions is again pure speculation. No information of that type has been released officially. All we know is that the doctors are slowly reducing the sedation that Michael has been under. It's good news yes but only now will the doctors get more of an idea as to the extent of his injuries.
    However if prayer and willpower are anything to go by Michael will do just fine with so many fans in his corner

Well wishes and speedy recovery Michael.

Very encouraging news! C'on Michael, open your eyes!!

#KeepfightingMichael
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

eye blinking might be good, but following simple command is superb. I hope that's super true.

you can do it champ!
    top of the podium!
    Reflection, speed, force of character, judgement
    FORZA ALONSO, FORZA FERRARI

Praying for a miracle recovery!!!
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Alonso: Schumacher is the man that can win any race and beat anything.

The Formula 1 world has been in perpetual shock since 29 December when Michael Schumacher injured himself severely while on a skiing accident, and since then has been in an induced coma in a hospital in Grenoble.

Fernando Alonso and Schumacher were great rivals on track, and it was the Spaniard whose two back-to-back titles in 2005 and 2006 ended Schumacher’s incredible streak of five world titles in a row.

The tragedy of the situation has touched Alonso who revealed to CNN, “I think we are (all) still in shock, after nearly one month. The day that I received the news I could not believe it, to be honest, because he is not a man that you think will have any problem.”

“He was the man that can beat anything and can win any race and can do anything without any worries, so to see him and to see the accident…”

“We are all hoping every day to have some good news coming from the hospital…all drivers have huge respect because he was the man that motivated us and he was the man who we were looking at when we were go-kart drivers,” declared Alonso.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Positive Development indeed !
    Im sure he will slowly and steadily recover

Six weeks today. I would love to know how it is going. Good or bad, it is the uncertainty that is difficult. However, it is worse for the family who are much closer and they need support as much as Michael, maybe more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Six weeks today. I would love to know how it is going. Good or bad, it is the uncertainty that is difficult. However, it is worse for the family who are much closer and they need support as much as Michael, maybe more now.
    6 weeks and I still get a churning stomach and goosebumps when I think about it, such a desperately sad and tragic accident...

10 days ago we were officially told the doctors were bringing Michael out of his coma, this process can take weeks and weeks, which is why I seriously question the validity of the recent reports that he has responded to any neurological tests and has blinked, think that would be highly unlikely at the point it was reported as he was still too heavily sedated and in a coma, I wouldn't expect another official update for a few more weeks, maybe a month's time, that would be a realistic time for the sedation drugs to leave his system and get some idea of the extent of the permanent effects the accident has had...

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    6 weeks and I still get a churning stomach and goosebumps when I think about it, such a desperately sad and tragic accident...

10 days ago we were officially told the doctors were bringing Michael out of his coma, this process can take weeks and weeks, which is why I seriously question the validity of the recent reports that he has responded to any neurological tests and has blinked, think that would be highly unlikely at the point it was reported as he was still too heavily sedated and in a coma, I wouldn't expect another official update for a few more weeks, maybe a month's time, that would be a realistic time for the sedation drugs to leave his system and get some idea of the extent of the permanent effects the accident has had...

I sincerely want to beleive you are right, but Dr. Gary Harstein doesn't think like you, the awakening process shouldn't take long, says he.

http://formerf1doc.wordpress.com/

No idea how/if this is true...

SCHUMACHER 'NOT RESPONDING TO STIMULI' - REPORT
    Monday 10 February at 07:35 : Feb.10 (GMM) Now two weeks since doctors started trying to wake Michael Schumacher, the F1 legend remains in a coma.

That is the news of the German daily Bild-Zeitung, reporting that while the seven time world champion has often presented reflex twitches since the anaesthetic was reduced, Schumacher is still not responding to deliberate stimuli.

However, Bild said the former Mercedes and Ferrari driver's wife Corinna - who is at his bedside on a daily basis - is following the doctors' advice by continually talking to the 45-year-old, as there is evidence it can help a patient in Schumacher's condition.

The report also claimed the newly-retired Ross Brawn, who worked closely with Schumacher during the ultra-successful Ferrari era, visited the famous driver's bedside, slipping in almost unnoticed by the media last Thursday through the staff entrance.

http://www.onestopstrategy.com/daily...+-+report.html
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    I sincerely want to beleive you are right, but Dr. Gary Harstein doesn't think like you, the awakening process shouldn't take long, says he.

http://formerf1doc.wordpress.com/
    I have a good friend who is a neurologist and psychiatrist. He practiced for about 30 years at Yale New Haven. Now he makes more money as an expert witness in injury cases. Anyway, he reckons that these cases are all so different that it is nearly impossible to predict the outcome. The important thing is that the team treating the patient continue to follow their treatment protocol. He said that sometimes it is a case of continuing to try various adjustments to treatment, observe the affects, make further adjustments and hope for the best. I asked him if that was the medical equivalent of throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks. He said, "It's not quite that crude because the stuff being thrown against the wall is well thought out and thrown in a precise order or protocol...but essentially yes." Then he added, "That being said, we try everything we can, and hope for the best. Some times we are rewarded with success, but success, if it comes, comes in degrees."

Let's hope for a large degree of success.