Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192031 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

Cheering myself up...

Is Ferrari having there yearly Vrooom? if my memory is correct this years event has been cancelled, I think I'am right but can't remember why Ferrari is not doing this years Vrooom. Anyway since this tragic skiing accident Ferrari would of cancelled this event for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    Is Ferrari having there yearly Vrooom? if my memory is correct this years event has been cancelled, I think I'am right but can't remember why Ferrari is not doing this years Vrooom. Anyway since this tragic skiing accident Ferrari would of cancelled this event for sure.
    There's no "Wrooom" this year, it was announced a long time ago that this event got cancelled because the sponsors weren't interested in organising it any longer.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3370/...ooom-cancelled
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    There's no "Wrooom" this year, it was announced a long time ago that this event got cancelled because the sponsors weren't interested in organising it any longer.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3370/...ooom-cancelled
    Thank you Nero Horse.

I am in shock... my thoughts are with Michelle. I hope for a full and speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    Thank you Nero Horse.
    You're welcome.

My wishes for a full recovery of Schumi, and my support for his family and fans at this difficult time. Maybe he wasn't the F1 driver who had my greater affection, but above of all, we are humans and the rest doesn't matter.

Even Juan Pablo Montoya tweeted this:

Juan Pablo Montoya @jpmontoya

Hoping that Michael Schumacher gets better. Thats a freak accident that u hope nobody goes thru. we are all thinking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by redsteph View Post
    http://formerf1doc.wordpress.com/201...ss-conference/

here is an explanation of some of the medical stuff from the press conference
    Thanks Redsteph, that sounds more positive and re -assuring.
    Hold on and fight, Michael!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Cheering myself up...

That's nice

Gosh that sounds more positive. Thanks Redsteph.

Come on Michael you are bigger than this.

Forza Jules

Adam Perkins ‏@mcfcf1perky 18m
    The next information on Schumacher's condition is intended for late tomorrow morning, a press officer at the clinic has said.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Very shocking news - I hope that it will get better soon and not much injury left. He's a fighter when he needs to ...
    Even my girlfriend said: he put himself into much more danger while he was driving and now this ...

It might not be popular to write here but it's true: when I heard more details about the accident and the fact the he was skiing off the prepared track, I thought to myself: if this wasn't Michael Schumacher but any other you or me most people would think: no mercy as it is prohibited skiing off the prepared tracks ... for many reasons. But as it is an idol and VIP all the world is now in movement to send "get well soon messages" ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

We are with you! God protect you!
    s1_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    Very shocking news - I hope that it will get better soon and not much injury left. He's a fighter when he needs to ...
    Even my girlfriend said: he put himself into much more danger while he was driving and now this ...

It might not be popular to write here but it's true: when I heard more details about the accident and the fact the he was skiing off the prepared track, I thought to myself: if this wasn't Michael Schumacher but any other you or me most people would think: no mercy as it is prohibited skiing off the prepared tracks ... for many reasons. But as it is an idol and VIP all the world is now in movement to send "get well soon messages" ...
    It is human to support anybody fighting for their lives irrespective of how they got to that position. I'm sure everybody will get the same support from their family and friends in such a situation. It is just that in Michael's case, his family includes thousands of passionate fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post

We have no idea of the circumstances and MS is a very very experience skier there is nothing to suggest he put himself in any extra danger or if he was not allowed to do so. So to make such comments without knowing is not really fair.
    Forza Ferrari

my wishes n prayers r with him and his family. He will come out.... with a true German Grit...

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    We have no idea of the circumstances and MS is a very very experience skier there is nothing to suggest he put himself in any extra danger or if he was not allowed to do so. So to make such comments without knowing is not really fair.
    German news stated Schumacher was off the official tracks, in deep snow with a lot of rocks lying under the snow, which suggests he did take an extra risk- plus an extra risk for his 14 year old son. The dutch prince Friso died after being in a deep coma for a few months, of course his case was worse, but the scenario was similar: skiing off the tracks.

Michael was an accomplished skier, but ironically, a broken leg aside, a racing car seems to be the place he was always safest in.

Was thinking about the likes of Lance Armstrong and Tiger Woods earlier - massive sporting stars who ended up falling from grace because of their private lives and behaviour away from the media. There was never anything like that about Michael. While not everyone appreciated some of the things he did on the track, outside of it I have never once heard or read anyone say a single bad thing about him as a person.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    German news stated Schumacher was off the official tracks, in deep snow with a lot of rocks lying under the snow, which suggests he did take an extra risk- plus an extra risk for his 14 year old son. The dutch prince Friso died after being in a deep coma for a few months, of course his case was worse, but the scenario was similar: skiing off the tracks.
    Must be true then....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Must be true then....
    It was an interview with an eye witness. Fact is, going down unofficial routes is always a bigger risk. Though accidents can happen everywhere, and skiing is one of the most dangerous sports anyway. Thats why i was happy to hear that the wroom event was finally cancelled; oh and german news also stated most F1 drivers have a clause in their contracts that going skiing in private is not allowed. No idea if that is really true though, in that case.

Lets all hope for the best though. Aside from how that happened.

Two things:

My prayers are with Michael and his family and all who are ill today.

Secondly, please let this be a lesson. If any of you ski-stop. To think that it is more dangerous than F1 is sobering.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Any updates?....

tomorrow morning as i've heard will be next updates
    not gonna change my profile picture

I don`t now is this video real,but ...That stones looks very very dangerous

[Video removed. If it is the real video, if people want to see it they can look for it themselves - TSN Mod]
    Last edited by Suzie; 30th December 2013 at 17:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Michael was an accomplished skier, but ironically, a broken leg aside, a racing car seems to be the place he was always safest in.

Was thinking about the likes of Lance Armstrong and Tiger Woods earlier - massive sporting stars who ended up falling from grace because of their private lives and behaviour away from the media. There was never anything like that about Michael. While not everyone appreciated some of the things he did on the track, outside of it I have never once heard or read anyone say a single bad thing about him as a person.
    Suzie, Michael IS an accomplished skier.

Former England cricket captain Michael Vaughan tweeted: "Forget the Cricket. Everyone's thoughts should be with Michael Schumacher."

Quite extraordinary. The references to be made between cricket and F1 are for another time, but it's a demonstration of the respect in which Michael is held that Vaughan, a British cricketer and sporstman, should have made such a statement. I hope one day soon Michael will know what he meant to all kinds of sports.

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    Suzie, Michael IS an accomplished skier.
    You're absolutely correct. IS.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    He took risks everytime when he sat into a race car and, except for the crash in Silverstone 1999, nothing bad ever happened to him. He knows more about taking risks than all of us combined and he was also a very skilled skier. This accident was exactly that, just an accident, something that no one can predict. As for skiing off-piste, well I'm sure we have all done something in our lives when we know that it could be dangerous and we could get hurt but we still do it and simply hope that nothing happens to us. Michael also thought that he could handle it and nothing would happen to him, but unfortunately this time it did.
    It was a freak accident, nothing more. These things happen, even to the best of us.

When Michael has recovered, maybe then we can all get into a good discussion about risk-taking, but while he is still in hospital ill, perhaps we could keep this thread purely for updates and well wishes. Thanks
    Forza Jules