Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

I hope Corrina can relate it to him that Germany won! If he can smile, he will.

Corinna: The hardest part is over

Michael Schumacher's wife has thanked his fans for their "positive energy", confident the "hardest times" are behind them.

The seven-time World Champion, the winner of five German GPs, is current in a rehabilitation centre as he continues on his road to recovery.

Schumacher suffered a severe brain injury when he crashed while skiing last December.

The German's recovery has been closely followed by his fans, many of whom have expressed their support for the 45-year-old.

His wife Corinna wrote a thank you note in the official programme for this weekend's German GP.

In it, she thanked fans for their "good wishes and positive energy."

She added: "I have to say your sympathies have blown us away. Good to know that together we made it through the hardest times.

"Now we are facing a phase which will expected to take a long time.

"We trust that in this time of struggle you will again be Michael's ally in this fight. Until then I would like to wish you and your family the best."
    http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...t-part-is-over
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Schumacher might return home this summer - report

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sc...eport/?v=2&s=1

Michael Schumacher might soon continue his rehabilitation at home, according to the Swiss newspaper Sonntagsblick.

After six months in a coma, the seven time world champion was recently transferred from intensive care in Grenoble to a rehabilitation ward in Lausanne.

That is not far from the Schumachers' home on the shores of Lake Geneva, but Sonntagsblick claims the 45-year-old German could return home "during the course of the summer".

The report cited sources close to the Lausanne hospital.

Mark Mader, the chief doctor at a rehabilitation hospital in Basel, Switzerland, said that while home care is "difficult" for the family, "it is optimal" for patients like Schumacher.

It is understood that he remains paralysed and communicates with his wife and children Gina-Maria, 17, and son Mick, 15, by fluttering his eyes.
    Doctors at the Lausanne clinic hope to have Michael sitting upright in an advanced electronic wheelchair that he can control via his mouth within a few weeks.
    According to the Croatian media meanwhile, Croatian doctors Darko Chudy and Vedran Deletis, who have developed a revolutionary microchip implanting technique, have been approached to see if they can help.
    It is believed that the microchip may be able to help him to walk and talk again after his extended period in a coma.
    k
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hip-brain.html

Rather than have to click on a link to that vile rag, I'll assume that was the main information to be taken from that article.

Sky did a really nice wee piece about Michael yesterday -

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...ghting-michael
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Rather than have to click on a link to that vile rag, I'll assume that was the main information to be taken from that article.

Sky did a really nice wee piece about Michael yesterday -

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...ghting-michael
    Can't watch the video Probably because Iam in the Netherlands?
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Can't watch the video Probably because Iam in the Netherlands?
    Same here. It says video not authorized for my location.

Mercedes not ending contract with injured Schumacher

Mercedes has vowed to stick with Michael Schumacher as the F1 legend continues his recovery from a skiing fall last December.

In June, as Schumacher remained in intensive care, one of the great German's personal sponsors - the bottled water brand Rosbacher - said it would end its advertising deal with the former Ferrari and Mercedes driver.

Daimler chairman Dieter Zetsche, however, said Mercedes-Benz is not looking to terminate its contract with brand ambassador Schumacher despite the seven time world champion's continuing recovery in a Swiss rehabilitation hospital.

"We are pleased with the positive development," Zetsche, referring to the reported improvement in Schumacher's condition, told Bild am Sonntag newspaper.

"We hope fervently that it continues," he added.

When asked about Mercedes' commitment to Schumacher despite his injuries, Zetsche answered: "We have given no thoughts to changing something in the contract."

He said he had not visited Schumacher in hospital or rehabilitation since the skiing accident due to his "highest respect" for the family's privacy.

(GMM)
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Not sure where to post this. Relating to the stolen medical records:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28680067
    FORZA FERRARI!!

Quote Originally Posted by qjay View Post
    Not sure where to post this. Relating to the stolen medical records:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28680067
    Read it a few hours ago. Really shocking!

Wow, this is shocking and reeks of foul play!

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Wow, this is shocking and reeks of foul play!
    Foul play? Do you think he was murdered? Framed? Or both?
    Last edited by Lesky; 7th August 2014 at 08:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Do you think he was murdered? Framed? Or both?
    Maybe both, it is very surprising that anyone would commit a suicide for a theft when his guilt is also not established! Conspiracy theory???

Now hang on a second.

He was going to get it in the neck at some point but we shouldn't rope in other ideas until we know all the facts.

[QUOTE=Ste;854404]Now hang on a second.

He was going to get it in the neck at some point but we shouldn't rope in other ideas until we know all the facts.[/QUOTE

I see what you did there ^
    FORZA FERRARI!!

The guy obviously was mentally unwell in order to commit suicide. Perhaps he had problems beforehand which led him to do what he did that landed him in prison in the first place.

Stealing medical files was a disgraceful thing to do, but I'm sorry, jokes about hanging are really, really inappropriate.
    Forza Jules

The guy obviously was mentally unwell in order to commit suicide. Perhaps he had problems beforehand which led him to do what he did that landed him in prison in the first place.

Stealing medical files was a disgraceful thing to do, but I'm sorry, jokes about hanging are really, really inappropriate.
    Your so right. Suicide couldn't be more sad and tragic. As you stated, he had to be mentally unwell.

I agree joke is out of taste.
    "The flowers of victory live in many vases" Michael Schumacher 7 times World Champion

Didn't know where to put this, but you guys might like to see it:

http://www.motorsportretro.com/2014/...schumacher-f1/

Thanks for sharing - hadn't seen that for some reason. Really enjoyed it.

maybe there will be something at monza to wish him well, would be a nice and classy touch by ferrari and the italians
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Thanks for sharing - hadn't seen that for some reason. Really enjoyed it.
    You're welcome Ste

Thanks for sharing this, I found it so interesting and moving. What a great legacy of an interview. Thank you
    "The flowers of victory live in many vases" Michael Schumacher 7 times World Champion

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sc...e-by-christmas

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but thought you might find it useful. Encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by F1Jan View Post
    http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sc...e-by-christmas

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but thought you might find it useful. Encouraging.
    Yes I read it this morning! But what made me sad was that the article I read wrote that Michael communicates only with his eyes I just hope it's a rumour and I still pray every day he will recover 100%

Yes I read it this morning! But what made me sad was that the article I read wrote that Michael communicates only with his eyes I just hope it's a rumour and I still pray every day he will recover 100%
    I know I read much of the same - but where there is hope there is a way and with his resilience and tenacity who knows what can be achieved. Just so grateful that his life was spared from such a freak accident - like you I still pray every day that he will recover to a point where his quality of life will give him and his family comfort.

I just heard Michael has left the hospital and is now home! I got no further information yet.

I just heard Michael has left the hospital and is now home! I got no further information yet.
    Heard the same thing just now but stressed that there is a long road ahead.

Looks like it's official
    A statement released by Schumacher’s management said progress had been made in the last few weeks and months and that doctors had now released him to continue his recovery at home.

“Henceforth, Michael’s rehabilitation will take place at his home,” the statement issued by manager Sabine Kehm read.

“Considering the severe head injuries he suffered, progress has been made in the past weeks and months. There is still, however, a long and difficult road ahead.

“We would like to extend our gratitude to the entire team at CHUV Lausanne for their thorough and competent work.

“We ask that the privacy of Michael’s family continue to be respected, and that speculations about the state of his health are avoided.”

The F1 fraternity have been united in wishing Schumacher well since he suffered his injuries with the German's former Mercedes team carrying a message of 'KeepFightingMichael' on their cars since the start of the season.
    http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24...tation-at-home

Best wishes to Schumi for his rehabilitation, and I hope he'll make a full recovery eventually

I dunno if this is really the news we all be waiting for.

Sadly, i don't think he will recover......( i'm no doctor, but merely stating what i believe is the real truth behind it all )

I really do hope i'm wrong in what i said

Good luck and God be with you and your family Mr Schumacher.........
    Drive it like you stole it!