Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1248

Thread: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

I hope & pray everyday for Michael to recover and live a quality life.

#KeepFightingMichael
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Turns out the Todt quote on Michael was a mis-translation. :(

He said: "We must hope Michael can live a normal life" rather than "we may assume". A small but critical difference.
    Lets hope that the mistake will turn out to be the greatest wrong thing ever done
    "The flowers of victory live in many vases" Michael Schumacher 7 times World Champion

When I read the google translation I had a thought it should be taken as might, even with that I am still thrilled by his statement!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Just thought id share this link as its 14 years today.... I remember it like yesterday and all the emotions I had come back everytime I remember it..... so thank you michael x

http://ms-fans.com/8th-october-2000-...e-for-ferrari/
    'If drivers criticise me then I've done alot of things the right way' - Michael Schumacher 2006 - Schumi Forever - Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by edg View Post
    Just thought id share this link as its 14 years today.... I remember it like yesterday and all the emotions I had come back everytime I remember it..... so thank you michael x

My best ever birthday gift Eventhough I became only 9 years old that day I still remember it!
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by edg View Post

Thanks for the link that has brought back many happy memories.
    "The flowers of victory live in many vases" Michael Schumacher 7 times World Champion

Thought you might like to see this if you have not seen it already. Son Mick says Michael waking up very slowly. More good news in a week bereft of any good news.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formul...p-very-4419754

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29738431

A doctor who treated Michael Schumacher for nearly six months after his brain injury in a skiing accident says the F1 champion has made "some progress".

But Jean-Francois Payen, a doctor at the French hospital in Grenoble where he was treated, warned that any recovery would take time.

The typical convalescence period was one to three years, he suggested.

Schumacher, 45, was skiing in the French Alps last December when he fell and hit his head on a rock.

The seven-time world champion from Germany was placed in a medically induced coma to help reduce swelling in his brain as he underwent treatment in Grenoble and then in Lausanne, Switzerland.

He has now been taken out of the coma and is being looked after at his home in Gland, Switzerland, where Prof Payen still visits him to track his progress.

'Be patient'
    On Thursday, the doctor gave interviews to French radio station RTL and Le Parisien newspaper.

"I have noted some progress but I would say we should give him time," he said.

Asked about the chances of Schumacher making a recovery, he only referred to a time frame for patients with similar brain injuries.

"It's like for other patients, we are on a timescale which goes from one year to three years and we need to be patient," he said.

Earlier this year, neurosurgeon Tony Belli told BBC News that rehabilitation from this sort of injury could take months or years.

"We know that some people can spend three, four years in rehabilitation," he said. "It depends very much on the severity of the injury, how young and fit they are."

Investigators probing last December's accident said Schumacher had been going at the speed of "a very good skier" at the time of his crash in the resort of Meribel.

A French F1 driver, Jules Bianchi, remains in a critical condition in hospital in Japan after suffering severe brain injuries when his car skidded off a wet track on 5 October.
    Sounds positive, 3 years is nothing, he's still a young man.
    Let's hope Jules has the same fighting spirit
    Forza Jules

Read the article too but couldn't find a good English source so sorry for not uploading Would be great if Michael will be recovered in 3 years only! I would really like to see Michael when he is recovered! And as Suzie said, let's hope Jules can get an equal recovery like Michael's! Forza Schumi and Jules!

I find that encouraging and, yes, lets hope the same for Jules.
    Cheers,
    Ray

"Other teams may be fast, but the poetry, the romance, of F1 racing belongs to Ferrari."-Dan Niel, LA Times

Three years is an awful long time but he is still young enough to make any recovery worthwhile. For Jules, it's just so sad that he has suffered this accident so early in his career. Let's pray that he has not lost the chance to return to a life worth leading.

Very encouraging news, 3 years is absolutely nothing, remember there were times when we thought his last race was over, but now he is into the race, will be in for tyre changes and refuelling over the years and will eventually hit the chequered flag and how we will all celebrate. And in this vision will be Jules who will also have fought his greatest race. Forza Michael and Forza Jules are collectively hopes will continue to unite and bind your recovery.

Like in Japan, Suzuka GP 2000, remember this - "Its looking good, its looking bloody good!!"
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

'The long goodbye' Heartbroken friends speak out about Michael Schumacher

Speaking anonymously, a long-time friend of the Schumacher family, today said: "He didn’t die in the accident and he didn’t die during the two emergency operations that followed it.

"He came out of the coma and he has had periods of awakening where he is able to make the smallest of nods.

"The question remains, however, about how much improvement can be expected in the coming months and years. Will he speak again? Will he walk again? Will he be able to feed and dress himself?

"The doctors don’t know. No one can know.

"The probability is that he will never be the man he was before the accident. That much is starkly clear."

A former medical delegate for the Formula 1 World Championship Dr Gary Hartstein has slammed the uplifting updates from Schumacher's management.

He said: "We are told, with what seems to be a bit of a triumphal air, that Michael is no longer in a coma."

But pointing out that the sportsman's coma was artificially-induced, said: "I cannot help but think this is highly cynical use of language, using the truth to convey an impression that is almost certainly false.

"I cannot help but think that if Michael had emerged at all from the minimally conscious state we would be told that he is having problems expressing himself and will work hard to get better or that he is having to learn to walk, read and write all over again.

"This all leaves a very bad taste in my mouth and huge sadness for Michael’s family.

"As time goes on it becomes less and less likely that Michael will emerge to any significant extent."

Asked about life-expectancy, Dr Hartstein – who believes the decorated driver is still for all intents and purposes – said: "Life expectancy for a comatose patient who does not improve neurologically is measured in months to a relatively few years."

The world, Dr Hartstein said, is now watching the "long goodbye" of its greatest racing star.
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...-Goodbye-Worse
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Well, after all the news about Jules now I think it's good to wait for only official statements! I have read too many rumours about the condition of Michael and Jules already...

In life, even if there is a 1% hope, we fight....

I believe in miracles, it has happen in my life countless time.

Who knows, Michael may just one day wake up from this all and live a normal life.

Keep fighting, never believe its over till its over..... If there is a chance, a possibility, go for it!

Thoughts and prayers with Michael and his family. Keep fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    'The long goodbye' Heartbroken friends speak out about Michael Schumacher

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...-Goodbye-Worse
    1. These are old quotes.
    2. Harstein is an attention-seeking ghoul.
    3. The Express is a dreadful newspaper.

Trust in official statements only, folks. Articles like this one serve zero purpose.
    Forza Jules

How desperately sad for those close to him, hard for us to hear and consider but to try and imagine the loss they must be feeling is beyond thoughts. I still pray every day and I still carry his imagine on my screen saver every day and it reminds me every day to say a pray and to not loose hope. God bless the family and Michael at this sad time. However there is life and where there is life there is always hope.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3...be-relaunched/

It is reported that Michael's website is to be re-launched tomorrow (Thursday) 20 years on from his first WDC.
    Deedee

Quote Originally Posted by Deedee View Post
    http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3...be-relaunched/

It is reported that Michael's website is to be re-launched tomorrow (Thursday) 20 years on from his first WDC.
    What is the webaddress of Michael's website? I can't find it...

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    What is the webaddress of Michael's website? I can't find it...
    hmmmm this one?

http://www.michael-schumacher.de/
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    Thank you

Wow, it's been 20 years since Schumi became a world champion. I still keep the hope that Schumi will recovery and will be able to celebrate the 30th anniversary in the future.

Sabine collects Bambi award on Michael Schumachers behalf present by Sebastian Vettel...

Sorry having trouble uploading a picture..
    'If drivers criticise me then I've done alot of things the right way' - Michael Schumacher 2006 - Schumi Forever - Forza Ferrari

What is this Bambi award?

Thanks for the photos Ste!

Can anyone translate Vettels speech below to english? And I mean someone that speaks german, not a google translate that ends up like a total mess. Thanks in advance! Really curious about what Vettel said.

Lesen Sie hier die rührende Laudatio von Vettel im Wortlaut.
    Der Heppenheimer über sein Jugend-Idol: „Lieber Michael, genau heute vor 20 Jahren hast du deine erste Formel-1-Weltmeisterschaft gewonnen. Mit diesem Sieg hast du nicht nur eine Riesen-Karriere gestartet, sondern vielmehr die Formel 1 in Deutschland wirklich bekannt gemacht. Zudem hast du in ganz Deutschland einen Riesen-Boom ausgelöst: Kinder strömten auf die Kartbahn, um dir, Michael Schumacher, nachzueifern. Um eines Tages auch Formel-1-Weltmeister oder Rennfahrer zu werden.“

Und weiter: „Ich war eines dieser Kinder und kann mich noch gut an die Tage an der Kerpener Kartbahn erinnern. Du hast dir Zeit genommen, unzählige Autogramme zu schreiben und jedem von uns persönlich seinen Pokal zu überreichen. Als Kind schaute ich zu dir hinauf – wortwörtlich. Denn mein Zimmer hing voll mit Plakaten von dir. Im Nachhinein ist es mir ein bisschen peinlich, dir eingestehen zu müssen, dass du dir durch meine Pubertät hinweg meine Zimmerwände teilen musstest mit Nachbarn wie Britney Spears im Minirock.“

Vettels rührender Abschluss: „Später aber lernte ich dich als Mensch und vor allem als Freund kennen. Diese Freundschaft ist es, die mich heute Abend so glücklich und stolz macht, aber gleichzeitig auch ein bisschen traurig sein lässt. So sehr hätte ich mir gewünscht, dir diesen Ehrenpreis heute Abend persönlich zu überreichen. Lieber Michael, du hast als Sportler, aber besonders als Mensch Großes erreicht. Dafür möchten wir dir alle gratulieren. Herzlichen Glückwunsch!“
    http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/...7566.bild.html
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Formula 1great Michael Schumacher has been awarded the Millennium-BAMBI award in recognition of his excellent services and for inspiring his countrymen.

The award ceremony that took place in Berlin, Germany, attracted quite a few top personalities from the Formula 1 world including former Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn, quadruple world champion Sebastian Vettel, current Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg and ex-British driver David colthard.

Other than these people, Schumacher’s manager Sabine Kehm was also present on the occasion in order to receive the trophy on behalf of the seven-time champion, who has been recovering from head injuries sustained following his skiing accident in the French Alps last year.

Upon receiving the award, Sabine said, “I can thank you on behalf of Michael Schumacher. The family of Michael is particularly pleased that through this award the views of particularly pleased that through this award the views of people were not overlooked and Michael Schumacher, who has done so much in more than 20 years on sporting and social level, has always fought. This perseverance and fighting spirit of these will also help him now.” fighting spirit of these will also help him now.”

On the other hand, Vettel was also pleased to be a part of the ceremony and said that he valued the friendship he shared with his compatriot. He added, “This friendship makes me happy and proud but it makes me sad. I would have liked to be able to personally present you this prize today. We would like to congratulate you. Congratulations.” You’ve achieved plenty as a person and athlete.

This is not the first time that Schumacher but the timing of this one has been such an award, but the timing of this one has been perfect, as his fans celebrated the 20th anniversary of his first title on November 13th.

Speaking of titles, no man other than Brawn could be made in a better position to tell what Schumacher was made up of and what challenges he faces today.

Although the former team boss did not pass too many comments, yet claimed, “Michael is now fighting a new battle– and he will insist in his own way.”
    No one from the
    Schumacher family was present at the awards, but they certainly would have been delighted with the honour..However, they opted to stay at the bedside of the legend, who still recovers from the fatal injuries he sustained.

ms-fans.com
    Last edited by edg; 14th November 2014 at 20:24.

Great tribute but it would have been nice to see a representative from his family there.