Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    No idea how/if this is true...
    Heard/read same rumours too - but maybe this rumours also based on Bild which is a - so so - source
    First time I would appreciate if he could surprise me once more ... ei ei ei ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

So sad for Michael and family, I really can't see this being a happy ending
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

This is so difficult. If he recovers, it is likely with major physical deficits. I am not sure that Michael would want to recover that way...

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Just have to stay positive and not listen to wild rumours from trashy 'news' publications. Keep your fingers crossed and keep praying.

I hope the reports from Bild are not true; unfortunately without regular updates from Sabine those types of stories are going to arise.
    As harder as it is becoming, I will believe he will get better until the last possible moment.

Forza Jules

We just have to stay positive for Michael.
    He is having the best care possible.
    When the accident happened he was fit and strong which must be a big plus in his favour.
    I refuse to listen to Bild similar I believe to The Sun & The Star.
    Let's just keep hoping and praying for him.

Well if the story from Bild is true it is of course disappointing but all is not lost. They will try other methods of stimulating him and if they don't work repeat or adjust the method slightly. These things can take time and it takes a lot of perseverance to get some success.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    When the accident happened he was fit and strong which must be a big plus in his favour.

Yes, hopefully everything will turn out for the best in the end.

Keep on fighting Michael...

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    We just have to stay positive for Michael.
    He is having the best care possible.
    I refuse to listen to Bild similar I believe to The Sun & The Star.
    Let's just keep hoping and praying for him.
    I highly doubt that his physical condition comes into play much. I would imagine that it would do so only if he was at the opposite end of the spectrum (ie, very weak). It is his brain that is being treated, not his body.

My sincere apologies if that comes across as "I'm smarter than you". I can assure you that that was not my intention.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I highly doubt that his physical condition comes into play much. I would imagine that it would do so only if he was at the opposite end of the spectrum (ie, very weak). It is his brain that is being treated, not his body.

My sincere apologies if that comes across as "I'm smarter than you". I can assure you that that was not my intention.
    No offence taken Tifoso. You are right it's his brain they are treating but I am sure I have read that sports people ie very fit athletics have a greater chance of total recovery, after similar accidents as Michael, than the rest of us.

Anyhow let's just hope that it is right in this case

Now there are reports on the German adrivo.com that he's suffering from pneumonia due to a prolonged period of artificial respiration.

Well for now, all we can do is hope that none of these rumors are true, and someday soon we'll hear another positive official news from Schumi's family.

Kehm refuses to comment on latest reports
    Source: GPUpdate

Michael Schumacher's manager, Sabine Kehm, has refused to comment on reports that the seven-time Formula 1 World Champion has contracted pneumonia, as doctors try to bring him out of an artificial coma.

German newspaper Bild has reported that Schumacher developed the condition last week at Grenoble hospital, where he has been treated since suffering a severe head injury in a skiing accident on December 29.

But Kehm has spoken out once more to reiterate that anything other than official updates should be ignored.

"As always when something like this occurs my answer is that reports not from the doctors or management should be seen as speculation," Kehm told German press agency DPA. "I will not comment on speculation."
    I do feel sorry for Sabine, having to constantly repeat that nobody should be listening to rumours or speculation about Michael's condition. At the same time, I agree with what Tobes said a while ago that she could've put out one statement a week, even if it was to say nothing has changed. At least that would've put a stop (mostly) to the rumours and she wouldn't have needed to comment on speculation at all.

IF Michael does have Pneumonia, this is what Gary Hartstein said about it:

Because of how it interrupts normal protective mechanisms, respiratory tract usually colonised within 72-96h after intubation. In this context, pneumonia(s) is (are) the rule, not the exception. I'm not minimising them but this is certainly somewhere where Michael's superb pre-injury condition and resiliency will pay off big time.
    Last edited by Ste; 12th February 2014 at 11:45.

'Refused to comment' does not mean its not true, quite the contrary.

Almost all immobile people lying in the hospital bed with respiratory aids will get pneumonia sooner or later, so that's completely normal. People who can't breathe by themselves and need respiratory aids can't get rid of the phlegm (bacteria) in their lungs and throats as easily as a healthy person can by just coughing and swallowing, and so the pneumonia develops. I know this because my brother, who's been in the hospital almost as long as Schumi has, also had pneumonia a few weeks ago and the doctors said that it's a common and normal thing for paralyzed people lying in bed. But with proper treatment the pneumonia should subside in time.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

But Kehm has spoken out once more to reiterate that anything other than official updates should be ignored.

"As always when something like this occurs my answer is that reports not from the doctors or management should be seen as speculation," Kehm told German press agency DPA. "I will not comment on speculation."
    I'm sorry, but that is so naive to expect everyone to simply wait for "official updates" especially as there are no "official updates", I understand the current situation is very difficult for everyone close to Michael, but I still think Sabine is doing a very poor job, please don't tell me she is too busy to meet the press once a week even to say there is no change, if only to deflect any inevitable press speculation, to continually say absolutely nothing then respond to speculation by saying only believe what Michaels doctors or management say is a tad ridiculous when they are not saying anything for weeks at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    'Refused to comment' does not mean its not true, quite the contrary.
    No comment basically means they are not interested in playing a guessing game with the press. If you start officially deny stuff, then it will only encourage the press to keep throwing speculations and see what sticks.

The press will always write what they want to write. They've been told not to speculate but clearly no one listens anyway. If the readers want to believe the stuff that's written by the press, then there's nothing anyone can do about it either. It's not going to change anything for Schumi.

The press have been told to respect the family's privacy and Schumi's situation, but they refuse, so why bother dignifying them with a response.

Weekly updates would be a lot better, I think the press will be getting info from inside the hospital and they are probably getting it close to right.
    Forza Ferrari

Weekly updates would be a lot better, I think the press will be getting info from inside the hospital and they are probably getting it close to right.
    Yeah, agree that these 'speculative' stories (in Bild or The Sun or similar) although often somewhat embellished, they usually have a basis of truth to them, am inclined to believe that the first attempt to wake him was unsuccessful and that he now has pneumonia as both those are common in this situation, I don't believe he has responded to any neurological tests yet, I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that there is never going to be any good news now, the only question is the extent of the damage and whether Michael can enjoy any quality of life when he wakes up from the coma, assuming he does wake up...

I try so hard to remain positive but I sway from this will be OK to I am not so sure. I do hope my not sure is wrong and there will be a happy ending and if prayers and wishes alone could make that happen he would be with his family now and we would all be happy but I have an awful feeling that this will not be a happy ever after story - please prove me wrong Michael.
    "The flowers of victory live in many vases" Michael Schumacher 7 times World Champion

Interesting talk show (Sportlobster) about Schumi's accident w/Mark Webber & James Cracknell (rower who had severe head trauma). Many of the things said have already been said here in this topic, just thought I'd post up the link for anyone interested. Much of what was said was somehow reassuring to me even though it wasn't any "insider" info or anything like that, especially liked what he said about doctors prognosis vs. goals he set.

I think it was 2 or three weeks ago that I first saw it, so definitely no new stuff, for sure.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    Yeah, agree that these 'speculative' stories (in Bild or The Sun or similar) although often somewhat embellished, they usually have a basis of truth to them, am inclined to believe that the first attempt to wake him was unsuccessful and that he now has pneumonia as both those are common in this situation, I don't believe he has responded to any neurological tests yet, I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that there is never going to be any good news now, the only question is the extent of the damage and whether Michael can enjoy any quality of life when he wakes up from the coma, assuming he does wake up...
    Sadly I agree. I have a bad feeling that we aren't going to get official updates anymore
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Official statement from Sabine Kehm

Quote Originally Posted by Auto123
    "Michael's family would like to again express their sincere thanks for the continuous sympathy coming from all over the world. The good wishes they receive help the family and, we are convinced they also help Michael, who still is in a waking up process.

As often in such situation no day is like the next. The family is thankful for one's understanding that they would not wish to disclose medical details in order to protect Michael's privacy. As assured from the beginning we will continue to communicate any decisive new information on Michael's health state. We are aware that the wake up phase can take a long time.

The family continues to strongly believe in Michael's recovery and place all their trust in the doctors', nurses' and nursing auxiliaries' team. The important thing is not the speed of the recovery but that Michael's heal process progresses in a continuous and controlled way."
    Source: Sky Sports F1

Quote Originally Posted by SSF1
    Michael Schumacher's family have allayed mounting fears about his condition by revealing they still "strongly believe" the former F1 World Champion will recover from the life-threatening skiing accident that has left him in a coma for almost two months.
    Schumacher has been in a medically-induced coma at Grenoble Hospital since suffering severe head injuries whilst skiing with his family and friends in the French Alps at the end of December.

In an apparent response to alarming reports this week in Schumacher's native Germany that he had contracted pneumonia, a statement from the family - only the second public announcement from Schumacher's inner circle since January 17 - described the 45-year-old as still being in the 'waking up process'.

'Michael's family would like to again express their sincere thanks for the continuous sympathy coming from all over the world. The good wishes they receive help the family and, we are convinced they also help Michael, who still is in a waking up process,' the statement read.

'As often in such situation, no day is like the next. The family is thankful for one's understanding that they would not wish to disclose medical details in order to protect Michael's privacy. As assured from the beginning we will continue to communicate any decisive new information on Michael's health state. We are aware that the wake up phase can take a long time.

'The family continues to strongly believe in Michael's recovery and place all their trust in the doctors, nurses and nursing auxiliaries team. The important thing is not the speed of the recovery but that Michael's healing process progresses in a continuous and controlled way.'

It was announced two weeks ago that the sedation keeping Schumacher in his coma was being eased.

Despite repeatedly urging fans not to heed speculation about Schumacher's condition, a dearth of official updates has seen rumour and gossip flourish on social media sites, with the besieged Grenoble Hospital last week forced to deny claims that the former Ferrari and Mercedes driver had died.

The F1 fraternity has united in offering its support to Schumacher with both of his former teams running tributes to their ex-driver during the recent Jerez test.

Quote Originally Posted by Auto123

"Michael's family would like to again express their sincere thanks for the continuous sympathy coming from all over the world. The good wishes they receive help the family and, we are convinced they also help Michael, who still is in a waking up process.

As often in such situation no day is like the next. The family is thankful for one's understanding that they would not wish to disclose medical details in order to protect Michael's privacy. As assured from the beginning we will continue to communicate any decisive new information on Michael's health state. We are aware that the wake up phase can take a long time.

The family continues to strongly believe in Michael's recovery and place all their trust in the doctors', nurses' and nursing auxiliaries' team. The important thing is not the speed of the recovery but that Michael's heal process progresses in a continuous and controlled way."
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Module View Post
    What's the unhappy face for?

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    What's the unhappy face for?
    still is in a waking up process & we will continue to communicate any decisive new information on Michael's health state
    I read it as no change and after over 2 weeks of trying to wake up it's bad news. Any news of change, a small reaction or such would have logically been included and should have already emerged.

This is getting out of hand! So some people have started gossiping and spreading rumours that he has died? How low can some people get?

Situation remains largely unchanged but the positive is that the team think he is ready to be woken up so it's a case of going through the programme and eventually something will work. One can only pray and hope in these situations. It's very important that Corinna visits him on a daily basis and talks to him. She's doing a good job with that so far and that's the most important thing.
    Last edited by shamim179; 14th February 2014 at 00:09.

Damn.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.