Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2014 WEC/ELMS&TUSC news.

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Well that's great! Really looking forward to the race
    Going be another great race, and finale to amazing season. Next year looks better, Nissan, Patrick Dempsey possible Jenson Button.

You got test the following day?
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Going be another great race, and finale to amazing season. Next year looks better, Nissan, Patrick Dempsey possible Jenson Button.

You got test the following day?
    Yes I have Rob! Insurance Law Hopefully I will be able to something of the action!
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Porsche Confirm Third 919 Hybrid For 2015 Le Mans

After quite a battle with the bean counters Porsche has this evening confirmed that they will enter a third 2015 spec 919 Hybrid for next year’s Le Mans 24 Hours and the now traditional 6 Hours of Spa curtain raiser.

Porsche have already confirmed that all six of their current factory LMP1 drivers will return for the full 2015 FIA WEC with no final decisions yet made over the trio for the third car.

Porsche have tested most of their current GT factory drivers in the 2014 919 Hybrid with Messrs Makowiecki, Tandy and Christensen apparently impressing most. Porsche are also understood to have made an offer to 2014 Force India F1 man Nico Hulkenberg, though this depends on his ‘day job’ agreeing to a couple of weekends off!

Wolfgang Hatz, Member of the Board, Research and Development, Porsche AG, said: “In 2014 we have been competitive immediately with the most complex and innovative race car Porsche has built so far. To date we have achieved five podium places, three pole positions and two record laps, in Shanghai and Bahrain. These are outstanding results. But this programme doesn’t just produce success on race tracks, but also on the engineering side. The target is the highest performance with maximised efficiency in ever growing dimensions. This is why we will take on the challenge with three Porsche 919 Hybrids in 2015.”

Matthias Müller, Chairman of the Board Porsche AG: “Our decision to compete with a Porsche works team in the WEC’s LMP1 category proved to be the right one. This is what we feel at every race. The highly demanding motorsport programme contributes directly to the development of future sports cars for the road. For the development and testing of future hybrid systems, you can’t ask for any harder test bench than the World Endurance Championship and especially the Le Mans 24-Hours. The same goes for the newly established Porsche LMP1 crew. More than 230 people had to grow together quickly to form a strong team. The human factor is not only crucial for the men at the steering wheel, but for the entire project – and this reflects very much the Porsche philosophy.”

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/1...5-le-mans.html
    Last edited by Rob; 3rd December 2014 at 17:16.

TOYOTA RACING TARGETS TITLE IN BRAZIL
    Tuesday 25 November 2014

TOYOTA Racing heads to Brazil this weekend on the verge of securing the FIA World Endurance Championship title in the season-ending Six Hours of Sao Paulo at Interlagos.

Anthony Davidson and Sébastien Buemi, driving the #8 TS040 HYBRID, already won the drivers’ World Championship at the penultimate race in Bahrain just over a week ago and the team stands on the brink of an historic triumph.

TOYOTA, seeking to become the first Japanese winners of the World Endurance Championship in any of its guises since its inception in 1953, leads the manufacturers’ World Championship by 40 points with a maximum of 44 available in Brazil.

Kazuki Nakajima was scheduled to return to the cockpit of the #7 TS040 HYBRID, having missed the Bahrain round due to his Super GT commitments. However, due to difficulties to obtain the correct working visa, which are out of TOYOTA Racing’s control, Kazuki is unable to participate in Sao Paulo.

In his absence, Alex Wurz and Stéphane Sarrazin will again be partnered by Mike Conway. The trio won the Bahrain race together in the #7, making it three consecutive race wins for the team and five out of seven races this season.

Interlagos has already been the scene of celebrations for TOYOTA Racing in the recent past. The #7 took the team’s maiden pole position and victory there in 2012, in just its third race. However, chances of a repeat last year were dashed early in the race when the #8 was hit by an LMP2 car and forced to retire.

Action at Interlagos begins on Friday with the first official practice sessions (13.00-14.30 and 17.30-19.00) while Saturday sees final practice (10.00-11.00) and qualifying (15.20-15.45). The six-hour race starts on Sunday at 13.00.

Yoshiaki Kinoshita, Team President: “Our task in Brazil is clear; we want to win the manufacturers’ World Championship. We are in a very strong position in the standings but until the chequered flag falls in Brazil, we cannot take anything for granted. Interlagos is a track which has suited us well in the past and I have particularly happy memories of winning our first race there two years ago. I hope we can enjoy some more celebrations on Sunday night but before we think about that, we will be giving everything, as usual, to perform strongly again in the race.”

Alex Wurz (TS040 HYBRID #7): “Sao Paulo is a very cool track as it’s a bit old school. Obviously there is a lot of history there and the Brazilian fans always create a special atmosphere. Like many drivers, I love this track. This year specifically it will be very interesting because the track has been resurfaced. We saw in Formula 1 that the grip level has increased so there are very different factors to consider for the tyres compared to last year. It will be interesting to see who reacts fastest and smartest to these changes.”

Stéphane Sarrazin (TS040 HYBRID #7): “I’m looking forward to racing in Brazil again. The TS040 HYBRID has been really competitive at every track this year so I am confident we will again have a good package this weekend. It was great for us in the #7 to win the last race in Bahrain, and of course for Anthony and Sébastien to win the drivers’ World Championship. We enjoyed that moment but now we get back to business. Our focus is on winning the manufacturers’ title for TOYOTA; that would be an amazing way to end the season.”

Mike Conway (TS040 HYBRID #7): “I’m happy to be back in the #7 car again; I didn’t expect to be racing in Brazil so it was a nice surprise although obviously it’s disappointing for Kazuki, especially considering the circumstances. But for me it’s a great chance to get more miles in the car and to work again with the team. I was pleased with my weekend in Bahrain, particularly winning the race. So I am heading to Brazil in a very positive mood and I’m determined to do my bit again for the team in their World Championship challenge.”

Anthony Davidson (TS040 HYBRID #8): “After the tension of Bahrain and finally the joy at winning the drivers’ World Championship, things should be a little more relaxed for Sébastien and me in Brazil. That doesn’t mean we will be taking it easy; far from it. I’d love to finish the season with a win as that would be the perfect end to an incredible year. But the priority is first and foremost winning the manufacturers’ World Championship for the team. We have had the fastest car this season so I am confident we will be strong.”

Sébastien Buemi (TS040 HYBRID #8): “I’ve enjoyed the last few days after Bahrain and eventually I am starting to get used to being called a World Champion. It’s a great feeling but the season will not be complete until we have won the manufacturers’ title for the team. That’s the final piece of the jigsaw for us in 2014 and it’s clearly our target this weekend. We have shown good speed at Interlagos in the past two years and it seems to suit our hybrid system. It will be interesting to see how the new track surface affects things but I’m sure we’ll be fighting at the front.”

TOYOTA Racing at Interlagos:
    2012 #7: Qual. 1st; Race 1st.
    2013 #8: Qual. 3rd; Race DNF (accident).

About TOYOTA Racing in the FIA World Endurance Championship:
    TOYOTA first competed in the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) in 1983, marking the start of a long period of participation in endurance racing. Since 1985, TOYOTA cars have raced in 16 Le Mans 24 Hours races, achieving a best result of second place on four occasions (1992, 1994, 1999 and 2013). TOYOTA entered the revived WEC in 2012, as TOYOTA Racing, with its first hybrid LMP1 car, the TS030 HYBRID, which won five of the 14 races it entered over two seasons. It was succeeded in 2014 by the 1,000PS, four-wheel-drive TS040 HYBRID, which won its debut race. They were designed and built by TOYOTA Motorsport GmbH (TMG), where the race team is based. TMG is the former home of TOYOTA's World Rally and Formula 1 works teams, and was responsible for design and operation of TOYOTA's TS020 Le Mans car in 1998-99. TMG now combines motorsport participation with work as a high-performance engineering services provider to third party companies, as well as the TOYOTA family.

PORSCHE TEAM’S BATTERIES FULLY CHARGED FOR THE FINALE.

"Ignition on, hybrid on” - on November 30 at 13:00 local time it will be the final call for the 2014 Porsche 919 Hybrid. That day the first Le Mans prototype since Porsche’s return to the top class of the FIA World Endurance Championship will start the eighth and final round in São Paulo, Brazil.

Once again the challenge is a six-hour race, and to find the best possible compromise of performance, efficiency and reliability for the most technically advanced hybrid car on the grid will be crucial. Along with the power from the two-litre, turbo four cylinder engine, the Porsche recuperates brake energy from the front axle and generates electrical power from the exhaust energy. The latter of the systems makes it the only LMP1 car that regains energy not only when braking, but also when accelerating. The driver trios of Romain Dumas (France), Neel Jani (Switzerland) and Marc Lieb (Germany) as well as Timo Bernhard (Germany), Brendon Hartley (New Zealand) and Mark Webber (Australia) will have to go flat out for another six hours, every lap at sprint race pace.

Quotes before the race:

Fritz Enzinger, Vice President LMP1: “For Porsche a successful LMP1 debut season comes to an end in São Paulo. We can be proud of having achieved three pole positions and five podium finishes with such a complex race car in such strong competition. Even more important for the future: The way we improved race by race shows that we’ve got the structures right. This goes for the technical concept, as well as for the driver line-up and the operational side with a team growing so well together. We have learnt from every situation and tried our utmost to reduce the competition’s advantage in terms of experience. In case a small opportunity would open up to climb on the next and final step of the podium in Brazil, we want to be ready to take it.”

Drivers car number 14
    Romain Dumas (36, France): “For our team and the Porsche 919 Hybrid São Paulo is unknown territory. This is another big challenge for the finale on a circuit that all drivers love. For sure the set-up work in free practice will be difficult. I think it is good for the championship that we race on such a famous Formula One circuit. Interlagos has seen a lot of rain chaos in the past. If it stays dry it is comfortable for the spectators. But I think our team could rather benefit from rain.”

Neel Jani (30, Switzerland): “I have driven Formula One and LMP1 race cars in São Paulo, and it will be interesting to see whether the new tarmac now has more or less grip than before. I think this track should suit us. Due to its altitude at 800 metres above sea level, our turbo engine has an advantage over the normally aspirated engines, as they lose a bit of power because of the lower air density. For us the most difficult part will be the winding middle sector. If we get that right a good result should be possible.”

Marc Lieb (34, Germany): “I am very much looking forward to race in São Paulo again. The track is really cool – one of the beautiful old-school circuits with a unique character and a great atmosphere. Also I always found it had a nice flow. In recent years we have been there in August when it was rather chilly. But once I took part in the 1000-mile race in November and I remember it was very hot. The old track surface was quite abrasive for the tyres and I can’t wait to learn about the new tarmac. But anyway, for our car everything is new in Interlagos.”

Drivers car number 20
    Timo Bernhard (33, Germany): “It will be my first time in São Paulo and I’m looking forward to getting there, and also because the Brazilians are such big motorsport fans. I have heard lots of positive things about this historic circuit. We have proven several times this year that we know how to cope with tracks that are new to us. Interlagos belongs to the some 30 per cent of circuits where you drive anti-clockwise. The fast left-handers will have an impact on the body, especially on the neck, and we will do extra training beforehand.”

Brendon Hartley (25, New Zealand): “I have never been to Brazil, but I have driven the circuit many times on the simulator and watched it on TV. I think it is a track everyone knows from Formula One on TV. I’m quite excited about going there and racing at such a famous venue, and I have the feeling the track should be quite good for our car, our hybrid systems and technology. So far we have been improving at every race and, therefore, this last event must offer the best chances for a good result. I’m optimistic.”

Mark Webber (38, Australia): “I always enjoyed driving there in Formula One. With the Grand Prix wins in 2009 and 2011, I have some very special memories of the place. The atmosphere is electric with the fans being very close to the track, different to modern circuits where the grandstands are farther away. At 4.3 kilometres it means it is a small circuit and the WEC is a huge grid. It is a little bit of a shame they resurfaced the track, because the bumps were a special challenge that is taken away now. I think the 919 will like the track and, hopefully, we can push for our best result of the year there.“

Porsche Motorsport

NEWS ALERT
    São Paulo - 26 November 2014
    Hello Mr Robert Allum,

FIA WEC SEASON FINALE IN SAO PAULO SET TO BE TELEVISED WORLDWIDE

The 2014 FIA World Endurance Championship will come to an exciting conclusion as the chequered flag flies for the 6 Hours of São Paulo. The World Manufacturers, GT Manufacturers and LMP2 titles will be awarded and fond farewells made to several key figures from endurance racing including Audi Sport’s Tom Kristensen.

The historic Autódromo José Carlos Pace will see 26 cars taking the start of the eighth and final round on Sunday 30th November, and a TV distribution package has been arranged which will allow viewers worldwide the opportunity to follow through to the end one of the most exciting FIA WEC seasons so far. Toyota Racing is poised to win the World Endurance Championship Manufacturers’ title, and the battle for honours in GTE is still as close between Ferrari and Porsche. With uncertain weather conditions and a new track surface at Interlagos, the racing is sure to be as exciting as it is unpredictable. The green flag for the start will be waved at 13h00 local (-2 hours GMT).

Host broadcaster Sport TV/TV Globo in Brazil will be broadcasting the 6-hour race live to the country’s 37.5 million viewers and there are some big Brazilian names in the race including Lucas di Grassi and Emerson Fittipaldi which will undoubtedly increase viewership hugely. Fox LATAM and Fox Sports 1 in the USA will both show a 52’ highlights package to a potential audience of over 100 million viewers – the 43 countries covered by Fox LATAM benefiting from three broadcasts to be aired over 6th and 7th December.

European audiences will have enjoyed seeing Toyota Racing’s Anthony Davidson and Sébastien Buemi capturing the World Drivers’ Championship title in Bahrain, plus AF Corse’s Gianmaria Bruni and Toni Vilander taking the GT Drivers crown. The all-important manufacturers championships will be settled this weekend, and Eurosport 2 and Eurosport Inter will both show part of the race LIVE, with a 30 minute highlights show on 2nd December.

Motors TV will show LIVE and direct the whole race to its 25 million viewers, and the digital Player Eurosport channel will broadcast the race live plus show a delayed highlights show. Austria, Netherlands, Portugal, Greece, Spain and Italy will all be broadcasting a 52-minutes highlights programme, not forgetting Denmark, Hungary and the Serbo-Croatian countries.

Fox Sports Australia will show the race live in the early hours of the morning plus a 3-hour repeat show to be broadcast three times later in the day, covering the exploits of Mark Webber among others. J Sports in Japan will be keen to see if Toyota Racing can wrap up a superb season with another title and will show three hours of the 6 Hours of Sao Paulo LIVE, repeating this show three times the 52’ highlights show no fewer than four times in the weeks following the race.

TV3 in New Zealand, Channel Max Shanghai in China, Sony Six in the Indian sub-continent (45 million potential audience) and the Grand Prix Channel in Thailand will all broadcast the WEC’s 52’ highlights package. In addition, Eurosport Asia/Pacific channel will air part of the São Paulo race LIVE to its 7.8 million potential viewers in its 13 territories, plus delayed highlights on 2nd December.

Following a superb 6 Hours of Bahrain, both on and off track, BeIn Sports will continue to support the growth of the FIA WEC in the region and show the Brazilian round live plus a 52’ show at a later date.

In addition to the TV coverage, the race can be followed live and direct, together with full live timing via the FIA WEC’s ‘App’ which is available to download from the iTunes store or Google Play Store - search for ‘FIA World Endurance Championship’ or ‘FIA WEC’.

Internationally renowned endurance racing radioweb service, Radio Le Mans (www.radiolemans.com), will once again be available for its huge number of listeners all around the world. News access will also be available on EBU/Eurovision, SNTV, Reuters and Omnisports worldwide.

Thanks for the update Rob. Big one coming up!!

PORSCHE SIGN NICO HULKENBERG FOR 2015 SPA AND LE MANS ROUNDS.

The first driver for the third Porsche 919 Hybrid to be entered in the 24 Hours of Le Mans 2015 has been signed: Nico Hülkenberg will join the Porsche Team.

The 27-year-old German will be the first active Formula One driver since 2009 to take the start of the famous endurance event. Before entering the race at the Sarthe on June 13/14, Nico will race the second generation of the innovative Le Mans Prototype on May 2 in the six-hour race at Spa.

Nico Hülkenberg: “Porsche and Le Mans – this combination probably attracts every race driver. I’ve been a Porsche fan for a long time and have been watching their return to the LMP1 class closely. The desire grew to drive that car at Le Mans. I am very pleased the 2015 Formula One calendar allows for it and I’m grateful to my Sahara Force India Formula One Team’s generosity to let me go for it. Now it’s up to me to work hard to satisfy both commitments.”

Fritz Enzinger, Vice President LMP1: “We are very much looking forward to taking Nico on board. We’ve got complete faith in his driving skills and for sure he will fit well in our works team. The ability to integrate is of extreme importance in endurance racing. For a Formula One driver it is an unusual situation to accept that his own results are the sum of three drivers’ performance.”

Andreas Seidl, Team Principal: “Having caught the interest of another world class driver like Nico is validation for the job the entire Porsche LMP1 crew had done in our first WEC season. Now we will prepare Nico for his new challenges such as dealing with the traffic of the slower GT cars and racing into the Le Mans night. We have got a road map in place which should enable him to exploit his driving abilities at his Le Mans debut. We’re looking forward to working with Nico and we want to thank the Sahara Force India F1 Team and team principal Vijay Mallya for loaning him to us.”

lets hope this allows/opens the doors, contracts for other F1 drivers to race at Le-Mans.

Great news for Hulk.

ELMS Regulations Evolve for 2015 Season

With the arrival of the new LMP3 category in the European Le Mans Series next year, the regulations with regards to driver crew categorisations, minimum and maximum driving times, pitstop times and refuelling rigs have been clarified.

It has also been confirmed that the winning drivers of the LMP3 category in 2015 will also receive an LMP2 test session with a Nissan Junior Team and the winning LMP3 team will receive an automatic entry into the LMP2 category at the 2016 24 Heures du Mans, providing there are more than three full season entries received in this category for the ELMS next season.

Driver Crews

A crew of 3 drivers must be made of as following:

- one Platinum and two Bronze drivers,

- one Gold, one Bronze, and one Silver or a second Bronze

- three Bronze or Silver drivers.

A crew of 2 drivers must be made of as following:

- one Platinum and one Bronze driver,

- one Gold and one Silver or Bronze

- two Bronze or Silver drivers.

Pit Stop Times

Pit Stops for the cars running in the LMP3 category during the race:

Minimum pit stop time (pit entry loop – pit exit loop) for the refueling and/or driver change only: 1 minute 30 seconds**

Minimum pit stop time (pit entry loop – pit exit loop) for any other operation: 2 minutes 30 seconds.**

** Value will be confirmed after having completed LMP3 refueling test
    Refueling Towers

Any competitor entering 2 cars in the LMP3 category or entering 1 car in the LMP2 category as well as 1 car in the LMP3 category, must use only one refueling tower.

Driving Time

For the driver line up made of 2 drivers:

- Maximum driving time for a Gold or Platinum driver : 1H40 minutes

- Minimum driving time for a Bronze or Silver driver: 2H20 minutes

If there is no Gold or Platinum driver in the driver line up:

- Minimum driving time for a Bronze or Silver driver: 1h40 minutes

For the driver line up made of 3 drivers:

- Maximum driving time for a Gold or Platinum driver : 1h40 minutes

- Minimum driving time for a Bronze or Silver driver: 40 minutes

Changes to Driving Times in LMP2 and GTC

In addition there have been some changes made to the minimum and maximum driving times in LMP2 and GTC categories, all other driving times are unchanged from 2014.

For the LMP2 category

For the driver line up made of 3 drivers:

If the crew is composed by 2 Platinum or Gold drivers :

- Maximum driving time for a Gold or Platinum driver : 1h30 minutes

- Minimum driving time for a Gold or Platinum driver : 40 minutes

- Minimum driving time for a Bronze or Silver driver: 1h30 minutes

If the crew is composed by 1 Platinum or Gold driver :

- Maximum driving time for a Gold or Platinum driver : 1h40 minutes

If there is no Gold or Platinum driver in the driver line up:

- Maximum driving time for a Gold or Platinum driver : 1H40 minutes

- Minimum driving time for a Bronze or Silver driver: 2H20 minutes

For the GTC category only :

The maximum duration of a stint remains at 50 minutes

- Minimum driving time for a driver: 1h30 minutes

For the driver line up made of 3 drivers including one Gold or Platinum:

- Maximum driving time for a Gold or Platinum driver : 1h15 minutes

- Minimum driving time for a Silver driver: 45 minutes

- Minimum driving time for a Bronze driver: 1h30 minutes

For the driver line up made of 3 drivers without any Gold or Platinum driver:

- Minimum driving time for Bronze drivers combined (one or more Bronze drivers in the same line up) : 1h30 minutes.

The remaining driving times in the category remained unchanged from the 2014 regulations in 2015

Tyre Manufacturer

In LMGTE and GTC a single tyre manufacturer will be announced before the end of 2014.

Invitation to the 24 Hours of Le Mans

The prize of an automatic invitation to the 2016 24 Heures du Mans is also confirmed with five entries for the European Le Mans Series competitors -

- The 1st LMP2 competitor is invited to the 2016 24 Heures du Mans.

- The 1st and the 2nd GTE competitors are invited to the 2016 24 Heures du Mans.

- The 1st GTC competitor is invited to the 2016 24 Heures du Mans (in the GTE Am category).

- The 1st LMP3 competitor is invited to the 2016 24 Heures du Mans (in the LMP2 category). This is subject to there being more than three cars entered for the full season and each round of the 2015 European Le Mans Series.
    Entries for 2015

Teams wishing to enter the 2015 European Le Mans Series can download the entry form on the ELMS website (www.europeanlemansseries.com) from 20 December, the official opening date for the entries in the Series. All entries must be received by the 27 January with the 2015 grid being unveiled in February.

ENDS

Peter Leung ‏@BaronVonClutch 20m20 minutes ago
    Front wing of the @Audi__Sport @JoestRacing R18 eTron Quattro wrapped in the colours of the Brazilian flag: @FIAWEC

lets hope this allows/opens the doors, contracts for other F1 drivers to race at Le-Mans.

Great news for Hulk.
    Would be great! I wouldn't have thought any F1 team would allow this so this is great news!

Peter Leung ‏@BaronVonClutch 20m20 minutes ago
    Front wing of the @Audi__Sport @JoestRacing R18 eTron Quattro wrapped in the colours of the Brazilian flag: @FIAWEC
    http://i57.tinypic.com/2me1tgn.jpg
    Looks nice!

I didn't have the time yesterday but what happened with us in Qualifying

Hey Rob, is there any way to watch Brazil wec on the net?
    We dont get this here n this is a big race.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Hey Rob, is there any way to watch Brazil wec on the net?
    We dont get this here n this is a big race.
    Good question because I have the same one Would really like to see it but sadly they are underway for more than an hour already!

Exclamation

Huge Mark Webber crash!

He appears to be okay...

Big crash hopefully he is 100% OK!

Rob are you on holiday

Reports are that Mark is okay - I'm happy to hear that, big crash. He came into that shot backward, so it could be that there was already contact and he got spun around some how. Anyway, glad both drivers are okay.

1. Dumas/Jani/Lieb GER Porsche 919 Hybrid 249 laps LMP1
    2. Davidson/Buemi JPN Toyota TS040 Hybrid 249 laps LMP1
    3. Kristensen/Duval/di Grassi GER Audi Sport Joest R18 e-tron 248 laps LMP1
    4. Wurz/Sarrazin/Conway JPN Toyota TS040 Hybrid 248 laps LMP1
    5. Fassler/Lotterer/Treluyer GER Audi Sport Joest R18 e-tron 248 laps LMP1
    6. Howson/Bradley/Imperatori HKG KCMG Oreca 03 Nissan 225 laps LMP2
    7. Turner/Mucke GBR Aston Martin Racing Vantage V8 221 laps GTE Pro
    8. Pilet/Makowiecki/ GER Porsche Team Manthay 911 221 laps GTE Pro
    9. Rigon/Calado ITA AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia 221 laps GTE Pro

10. Bruni/Vilander ITA AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia 220 laps GTE Pro
    11. Macdowall/O'Young/Rees GBR Aston Martin Racing Vantage V8 220 laps GTE Pro
    12. Lietz/Bergmeister/ GER Porsche Team Manthay 911 220 laps GTE Pro
    13. Dalla Lana/Lamy/Nygaard GBR Aston Martin Racing Vantage V8 219 laps GTE Am
    14. Poulsen/Heinemeier/Thiim GBR Aston Martin Racing Vantage V8 219 laps GTE Am
    15. Wyatt/Rugolo/Bertolini ITA AF Corse Ferrari F458 Italia 219 laps GTE Am

16. Ried/Bachler/Al Qubaisi GER Proton Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 217 laps GTE Am
    17. Perrodo/Collard/Vaxiviere GER Prospeed Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 217 laps GTE Am
    18. Leimer/Belicchi/Kraihamer SUI Rebellion Lola B/12 Toyota 214 laps LMP1
    19. Prost/Heidfeld/Beche SUI Rebellion R-ONE Toyota 211 laps LMP1
    20. Minassian/Zlobin/Mediani RUS SMP Oreca 03 Nissan 207 laps LMP2
    21. Segal/Fittipaldi/Pier Guidi ITA AF Corse Ferrari F458 Italia 186 laps GTE Am
    22. Webber/Hartley/Bernhard GER Porsche 919 Hybrid 236 laps LMP1 *
    23. Cressoni/Roda/Ruberti USA 8 Star Ferrari F458 Italia 205 laps GTE Am *
    24. Ladygin/Ladygin/Shaitar RUS SMP Oreca 03 Nissan 136 laps LMP2 *
    25. Kaffer/Auer ROU Lotus P1/01 AER 60 laps LMP1 *
    Last edited by Nova; 1st December 2014 at 04:02.

Here are the results for Brasil. U can see where we finished. Reports r that Webber is ok, n Im glad.
    Im not sure whats in those Astons, but I sure hope Ferrari brings more power to the table next season.

This off Twitter.
    Congrats @FerrariRaces on 2014 @FIAWEC Cup for GT Manufacturers #LM24
    FullStory::
    Ferrari takes GT constructors’ title

Interlagos, 30 November - In the final round of the World Endurance Championship, the Sao Paulo 6 Hours at Interlagos, Ferrari made a clean sweep of it to take the Constructors’ title in the GT class. The win came after a thrilling race which finished behind the Safety Car. 25 minutes before the chequered flag and accident involving Mark Webber’s Porsche prototype and the 90 Ferrari driven by Matteo Cressoni at the time, meant the race was pretty much over. Fortunately neither driver had any serious injuries.

Today’s is Ferrari 17th endurance world title, the third in a row since the WEC championship started. The first win for the Maranello marque came in 1953, the first year of the series, thanks to amazing drivers like Giuseppe Farina, Alberto Ascari, along with Mike Hawthorn and Giannino Marzotto.

The constructors’ title means that Ferrari and the Italian AF Corse team have enjoyed a very successful season. In June it won the legendary Le Mans 24 Hours, beating prestigious marques such as Porsche, Chevrolet and Aston Martin. In the penultimate round in Bahrain, Gimmi Bruni and Toni Vilander took the title in the LMGTE-Pro class of the World Endurance Championship, while the Amato Ferrari-run AF Corse squad took the team’s title for a third consecutive year.

“It’s a fantastic result,” commented Antonello Coletta immediately after the race, having come to Brazil to support the team in this decisive round. “It’s the third world title in a row for Ferrari in the WEC. Reliability, a great effort from the drivers along with great teamwork came together as the key to this umpteenth success, which demonstrates that Ferrari is at the very top in the GT class. Today, we raced in difficult situations, we had a puncture and there were also a few strategy problems for the 51 car. But in the end we got the points we needed to take the title. It’s a job well done, taking all three titles. For now we can enjoy this splendid victory and as from tomorrow, we can start looking to next season.”

The race. In the Pro category, the best placed Ferrari was the 71 458 Italia, driven by Davide Rigon and James Calado, flying the AF Corse colours, which finished third, ahead of team-mates Gimmi Bruni and Toni Vilander. The class was won by the 97 Aston Martin of Turner and Mucke.
    In the LMGTE-Am class, the 81 AF Corse Ferrari driven by Wyatt, Rugolo and Bertolin ended the Sao Paulo 6 Hours in third place. Emerson Fittipaldi had a difficult race on the way to sixth place. When the multiple champion was at the wheel, two and a half hours into the race, he had to pit with a gearbox problem, which took time to fix. The AF Corse mechanics managed to get the car going again in not too long a time. Fittipaldi opted to race in the final round of the WEC in Brazil with the 61 AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia for his return to racing, having been absent from the cockpit since he last raced in the Brazilian GT back in 2008. It was Emmo’s first time behind the wheel of a Prancing Horse car.
    This coming Friday, 5 December, the Ferrari World Endurance Champions will be in Doha for the FIA Prize Giving ceremony and then on Saturday, they will be in Abu Dhabi for the great on-track event at the Finali Mondiali Ferrari.

Ferrari won the Constructor's title 3rd year in a row...woohhooo!!! At least that's something to cheer about.

FIA WEC Champions: 2012, 2013, 2014

KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    Ferrari won the Constructor's title 3rd year in a row...woohhooo!!! At least that's something to cheer about.

FIA WEC Champions: 2012, 2013, 2014

Great result and Ia m really happy! I probably go to Le Mans next year to cheer the AF Corse team on

Great result and Ia m really happy! I probably go to Le Mans next year to cheer the AF Corse team on
    That's awesome mate! When you're there be sure to keep the Ferrari flag waving.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    That's awesome mate! When you're there be sure to keep the Ferrari flag waving.
    I definitely will! Hopefully Iam not the only one and maybe I can meet more TSN members there?

Rob are you on holiday
    i moved house had no internet, since Friday.

i moved house had no internet, since Friday.
    That's a pitty Rob! Haven't seen anything ofthe race either?

That's a pitty Rob! Haven't seen anything ofthe race either?
    saw bits of it, its on tonight so recording it.

Will post press releases asap.