Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181930 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerez Testing (finally)

According to tweet of Andrew Benson: "A senior figure from a rival team told me last week that he'd heared RB may not do much day 1 running in Jerez ...."
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Car numbers - it seems some haven't even bothered to make them visible!

From Adam Cooper:

Adrian Newey confirmed that RBR has various nose options. They call the launch one the keel nose.

Interesting tweet from Andrew Benson again: 'These chassis rules haven been three years in the making. Why are people (Red Bull) apparently only raising alleged "submarining" issue now?'
    'Ok, submarining - one car going under another if it hits it from behind'
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

2014 Tyres

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    Interesting tweet from Andrew Benson again: 'These chassis rules haven been three years in the making. Why are people (Red Bull) apparently only raising alleged "submarining" issue now?'
    'Ok, submarining - one car going under another if it hits it from behind'
    Are they referring to Ferrari's low nose?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Are they referring to Ferrari's low nose?
    probably, but isn't it designed to snap off?
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

HD it mates

Looks like Mercedes are blowing the centre of the diffuser:

Lewis Hamilton is having MANY problems navigating the W05. Now you have two faults in a row braking for the chicane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    probably, but isn't it designed to snap off?
    That's what I'd imagine would happen, the nose is a crash structure. But I guess they would have to conduct a test to see what really happens

I still can't help but feel that Red Bull "concern" has more reasons than just safety

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    HD it mates

YOU'RE A MONSTER!!!

Thanks!! Sounds pretty nice, can't wait to hear it at full-speed.

Good news people:

First leaks from the paddock of Jerez : the FIA has approved both the muzzle of a walrus Lotus (not shown here) and discussed the turbo Ferrari . In the case of the E22 still under construction seems to have been sufficiently appropriately extend the right edge of 5 cm so that it could be considered a legal solution, because the rules allow only one end front.

For Ferrari instead there has been a request for clarification from the part of the Mercedes, since the turbocharger lacks the external protection in theory required to protect against splinters in case of breakage. The team at Maranello , however, has stated that their turbocharger is manufactured by an outside supplier with certain specifications, the FIA considered sufficient.

You can hear the electronic stuff when kimi goes of throttle. Sounds sweet

Raspy sound - I like it.

I dont like this, only 2 laps while Merc has 11

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    And zero for the current champions, zero for McLaren.....

Guys, just an update for me, who has the smaller side pods? Ferrari / sauber or the mercs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Good news people:

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    That's what I'd imagine would happen, the nose is a crash structure. But I guess they would have to conduct a test to see what really happens

I still can't help but feel that Red Bull "concern" has more reasons than just safety
    Ofcourse it is, they are dirty.. always been so.. last year, they were crying to change tyres, from the beginning, because there car could go faster with other tyres.. in the beginning there were no issues concerning safety, but they were crying.. Now they say tyres weren't safe because they blew up in Silverstone, which, from what I can recall, was because of an issue with something on the track.. Now they are just trying to weaken the others.. Always the same story.. what has RBR done for the better of the sport?
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Team has a testing program and they will follow said program unless problems etc. cause delays. Now is not the time to do things hastily.

Jesus that engine note is mean!

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

We are 3 hours in, I really doubt the title is going to be won or lost cause we never done 11 laps like Merc
    Forza Ferrari

Hamilton is already pushing his car.
    Now I understand why they were so confident for this season, they seem to have a develpement advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Ofcourse it is, they are dirty.. always been so.. last year, they were crying to change tyres, from the beginning, because there car could go faster with other tyres.. in the beginning there were no issues concerning safety, but they were crying.. Now they say tyres weren't safe because they blew up in Silverstone, which, from what I can recall, was because of an issue with something on the track.. Now they are just trying to weaken the others.. Always the same story.. what has RBR done for the better of the sport?
    They are truly disgusting ,playng words with safety and doing a mockery of all f1 drivers that died because of the lack of it,they should be ashamed of themselves and maybe start working seriously,what bloody idiots they are!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mercedes had their car go round Silverstone a few days back. This ain't their first time when the car had to move, unlike ours, so don't be surprised that they are ahead on lap count.

We can say what we want, but the Merc engine is doing a solid job so far..

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    Mercedes had their car go round Silverstone a few days back. This ain't their first time when the car had to move, unlike ours so don't be surprised that they are ahead on lap count.
    Yes, they did 40km on Silversone track! I wonder if they can do that here!

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    Hamilton is already pushing his car.
    Now I understand why they were so confident for this season, they seem to have a develpement advantage.
    My thought exactly