Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617182954 ... LastLast

Thread: Bahrain testing 27 Feb-2 Mar

According to Gazzetta Ferrari could bring an improvement to the second electric motor connected to the turbo which would improve performance

Are we really gonna change our nose at this point of testing, thats embarrassing....
    Our guys needs to have more confidence in what they make.

Panic time

Let us assume that we change the front nose, wouldn't that instantly compromise our cooling design ?

The Mercedes.... so many laps. Come on Ferrari.

Bahrain testing 27 Feb-2 Mar

Quote Originally Posted by LivingHitokiri View Post
    Are we really gonna change our nose at this point of testing, thats embarrassing....
    Our guys needs to have more confidence in what they make.
    Why would it be embarrassing? I guess that's what testing is all about. When a car is run in real world, only then it can be evaluated where we need to bring improvements. In fact updates keep coming entire season so you gonna say its embarrassing we don't have confidence in what we make?

pluto>
    You are talking nonsense. Ferrari's FW was not the least developed last year, on the contrary. Look at MP4-28, that was a plain FW.

Good heavens!!!! Guys, give the engineers at Maranello some credit. Am pretty sure they have thought of all the issues that we can think of, and i reckon they would have a tad bit more knowledge than our home grown arm chair pundits.

If we are doing something, we must be pretty sure why. If we are spending time on the car, then there would be a reason for that. Stop proclaiming dooms day already!!! ..

I think we shud start a thread just for the nay sayers and pessimists. Its depressing to read those comments here. Every effing minute on every effing thread.
    Silently, like a shadow

wow: rumours about secret RB test in Spain two days ago ... and suddenly they have 32 laps on the half of the day

maybe Marussia will do reliability test of our engine today ...

Ladies & Gentlemen ... we need to stay calm ... no need to worry!
    We just hide our pure performance not not awake Dr. Marko to early to go claiming to Bernie ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

We must stay calm. I am pretty sure that the guys running the test know what they are doing. Tests are meant for that: testing the car. If there is a time to have problems, that time is now!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    The Mercedes.... so many laps. Come on Ferrari.
    Now that is the only really worrying thing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Why would it be embarrassing? I guess that's what testing is all about. When a car is run in real world, only then it can be evaluated where we need to bring improvements. In fact updates keep coming entire season so you gonna say its embarrassing we don't have confidence in what we make?
    The embarrassment would come that one of the biggest team in F1 with big personnel and money cannot manage to design a proper nose when other teams did. We pretty much admit that we were wrong with the nose and must change it.
    We are talking about changing front nose which is part of our core cooling/aerodynamic design,by doing that we also have to change couple of things on sashi to make the new one viable.its not the same as upgrades we bring for front wings and some aero packages, nose change is a big thing,hence why i consider it highly unlikely.

The embarrassment would come that one of the biggest team in F1 with big personnel and money cannot manage to design a proper nose ...
    McLaren chanched their low nose in the middle of a season in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post
    Now that is the only really worrying thing so far.
    I don't think that we need to be worried about Mercedes doing so many laps. Good for them. Now, we must prepare ourselves as best as possible, and when we are in a position that we are confident on our realibility, than we can improve the performance and look elsewhere for ideas to improve the performance further.

Quote Originally Posted by kinkas View Post
    We must stay calm. I am pretty sure that the guys running the test know what they are doing. Tests are meant for that: testing the car. If there is a time to have problems, that time is now!
    No one is saying the team have no idea what they are doing.

However, reliability issues are not desirable and it puts us at a disadvantage. I guess we're just cursing our luck.

An update from Ferrari: they've had a small (unspecified) issue on the F14 T this morning but the main reason Raikkonen has been restricted to just 12 laps is that they've also been busy bolting upgrades on the car.

I'm curious why we didn't install those updates last night.

The embarrassment would come that one of the biggest team in F1 with big personnel and money cannot manage to design a proper nose when other teams did. We pretty much admit that we were wrong with the nose and must change it.
    We are talking about changing front nose which is part of our core cooling/aerodynamic design,by doing that we also have to change couple of things on sashi to make the new one viable.its not the same as upgrades we bring for front wings and some aero packages, nose change is a big thing,hence why i consider it highly unlikely.
    First of all we don't know if the nose is being changed or not, if it is we don't know the extent of the change. To change the chassis or other parts based on new design all depends on that. Red Bull always introduced their biggest update in last pre season test. Blown exhaust in 2010. Extended exhaust on floor in 2011 & ramp style exhaust in 2012. Doesn't mean to change the design the entire car. First two tests were used to learn the car & performance updates will be introduced based on that. In a nut shell, it's no embarrassment at all.

Newey said at the beginning of Jerez test, that the launch RBR was their first interpretation of the rules. I can only imagine that is pretty much what everybody else has been doing. The launch car most likely validates trends of the design philosophy, and I am pretty sure, that between the time the launch car was completed for testing and now, improvements were found on the design department and are ready for testing. I don't find that embarassing, bringing new solutions, which hopefully will improve performance.

No need to worry

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    McLaren chanched their low nose in the middle of a season in 2012.
    Mclarens nose change didn't require them to change the nose to an extend that we are planing to do ( if journos are right) . Since our nose is totally different compared to our competitors, a change that would make it similar with other would mean there must be a change on car design as well,otherwise we will have aerodynamic and cooling issues.
    Last edited by LivingHitokiri; 27th February 2014 at 09:57.

Nose design dictates a particular philosophy .. a direction\ path a team takes to explore in which way the body work as well as the T-tray , splitters , gearbox, suspensions are designed . So i hardly expect a radical change. For sure they may be looking and drawing influences from other solution on increasing the potential or differential gain along that path , but its not likely that they are gonna abandon their philosophy completely. That would require a b-spec car introduction and we don't want that .

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post
    Nose design dictates a particular philosophy .. a direction\ path a team takes to explore in which way the body work as well as the T-tray , splitters , gearbox, suspensions are designed . So i hardly expect a radical change. For sure they may be looking and drawing influences from other solution on increasing the potential or differential gain along that path , but its not likely that they are gonna abandon their philosophy completely. That would require a b-spec car introduction and we don't want that .
    Indeed yes

A new nose wouldn't mean embarrassment if it brings the Ferrari up to speed.
    Embarrassment is when it 'doesn't correlate to windtunnel numbers' and doesn't work at all.
    Remember that from past years?

At the moment I'm more worried about PU reliability and power, it must be sent to FIA tomorrow to be homologated, you can bring aero updates later dureing the test

First of all we don't know if the nose is being changed or not, if it is we don't know the extent of the change. To change the chassis or other parts based on new design all depends on that. Red Bull always introduced their biggest update in last pre season test. Blown exhaust in 2010. Extended exhaust on floor in 2011 & ramp style exhaust in 2012. Doesn't mean to change the design the entire car. First two tests were used to learn the car & performance updates will be introduced based on that. In a nut shell, it's no embarrassment at all.
    It seems embarrassment is a poor choice of words in this occasion. My point is that if we gonna do such change its gonna be big,its not an upgrade on our car, it changes our aerodynamic prospective but a big margin. it would be totally different if we somehow upgrade it in order to get more benefits,but totally changing the nose ?

Quote Originally Posted by kinkas View Post
    Newey said at the beginning of Jerez test, that the launch RBR was their first interpretation of the rules. I can only imagine that is pretty much what everybody else has been doing. The launch car most likely validates trends of the design philosophy, and I am pretty sure, that between the time the launch car was completed for testing and now, improvements were found on the design department and are ready for testing. I don't find that embarassing, bringing new solutions, which hopefully will improve performance.
    I do not disagree at all,but, how exactly we gonna apply a total different nose on our car when our car is designed quite different compared to others.We do not share similarities ( in front at least) like RB and Merc share for example which could be done with a modification,we are talking about huge change which could compromise our cooling design.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I'm curious why we didn't install those updates last night.
    It makes no sense to be honest,it seems that small issue compromised couple of our laps before the updates during lunch.

Hi there! I have been ill for some time and hence almost totally out of touch with the tests and their results. I was going to ask if somebody could give me a brief summary of where Ferrari stands, but I see that we are back to the typical pre-season rollercoaster!

Still, I'll take the risk: how does it look like for the red cars this season? Are they very far away from the Merc, or holding on there?

It seems embarrassment is a poor choice of words in this occasion. My point is that if we gonna do such change its gonna be big,its not an upgrade on our car, it changes our aerodynamic prospective but a big margin. it would be totally different if we somehow upgrade it in order to get more benefits,but totally changing the nose ?

I do not disagree at all,but, how exactly we gonna apply a total different nose on our car when our car is designed quite different compared to others.We do not share similarities ( in front at least) like RB and Merc share for example which could be done with a modification,we are talking about huge change which could compromise our cooling design.

It makes no sense to be honest,it seems that small issue compromised couple of our laps before the updates during lunch.
    I think the updated nose would be something that is being studied long ago and not a last minute change,so just relax and wait,i think the most teams are doing
    something like that
    "Sebastian,Daniel is Faster Than you"
    "Tough Luck!"

4 hours into the pits.That's our upgrade package i think.

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

Wow! Maan, stop the useless bashing on the Ferrari guys. It's plain depressing reading through the page. Be more positive. Try to see things from a different perspective. Stay calm at least unless our guys will be miles behind the other teams. Or go now and get an engineer degree and find a better solution for this car, if you think so.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post
    Wow! Maan, stop the useless bashing on the Ferrari guys. It's plain depressing reading through the page. Be more positive. Try to see things from a different perspective. Stay calm at least unless our guys will be miles behind the other teams. Or go now and get an engineer degree and find a better solution for this car, if you think so.
    Since when talking about something turns out to be Bashing , far from it, we are just talking about possible changes and how it could affect our car in general.Nobody is bashing, thats a a false misrepresentation,even a bad day in testing cannot change that.