Page 1 of 75 1234567891011121314152651 ... LastLast

Thread: Bahrain testing 27 Feb-2 Mar

Bahrain testing 27 Feb-2 Mar

The last four days of pre-season winter testing begins on the 27th of February and it will be the last time for teams to get everything ready for Australia. On these final days we can expect to see qualifying simulations and race simulations. From James Allison's comments we are going to continue setup work and work on reliability but we are also going to see the car tackle some more demanding tests that is relevant for a race weekend. I'm looking forward to these days and I wish and hope to see everything run as smooth as it has done so far, I also wish to see the other Ferrari powered cars to get some decent mileage.

Live timing:
    http://live.autosport.com/
    http://www.f1today.net/en/Testsessies

Pictures:
    http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/fo...stfahrten.html
    http://www.formule1.nl/media-library/images/overview/
    http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/-F1-Photos-.html
    http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1-606153.html
    http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/category/pictures/

Driver line-up so far:

Red Bull Racing
    Thursday: Daniel Ricciardo
    Friday: Daniel Ricciardo
    Saturday: Sebastian Vettel
    Sunday: Sebastian Vettel

Mercedes
    Thursday: Nico Rosberg
    Friday: Lewis Hamilton
    Saturday: Nico Rosberg
    Sunday: Lewis Hamilton

Ferrari
    Thursday: Kimi Räikkönen
    Friday: Fernando Alonso
    Saturday: Kimi Räikkönen
    Sunday: Fernando Alonso

Lotus
    Thursday: Pastor Maldonado
    Friday: Pastor Maldonado
    Saturday: Romain Grosjean
    Sunday: Romain Grosjean

McLaren
    Thursday: Kevin Magnussen
    Friday: Jenson Button
    Saturday: Kevin Magnussen
    Sunday: Jenson Button

Force India
    Thursday: Sergio Pérez
    Friday: Sergio Pérez
    Saturday: Nico Hülkenberg
    Sunday: Nico Hülkenberg

Sauber
    TBC

Scuderia Toro Rosso
    TBC

Williams
    TBC

Marussia
    Thursday: Max Chilton
    Friday: Jules Bianchi
    Saturday: Jules Bianchi
    Sunday: Max Chilton

Caterham
    Thursday: Kamui Kobayashi
    Friday: Marcus Ericsson
    Saturday: Kamui Kobayashi
    Sunday: Marcus Ericsson

What a perfect thread. Thank you
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Last test in Bahrain: Kimi to start.

Sakhir, 26 February –The final test prior to the start of the season for Scuderia Ferrari and the other ten Formula 1 teams gets underway tomorrow. Once again, it takes place in Bahrain, an ideal location because of its temperate climate, similar to that which the drivers and teams can expect to encounter at many of the opening rounds of the 2014 season. Tomorrow and Saturday, Kimi Raikkonen will be on driving duty for Ferrari, with Fernando Alonso at the wheel on Friday and Sunday. Testing runs from 9 in the morning to 5.30 pm, with a 30 minute lunch break at 1 o’clock.

The Scuderia’s work schedule is already mapped out. These four days will see a continuation of the work of shaking down and fine tuning all the components on the car, with particular attention focusing on the new power unit, which will be signed off on Friday in accordance with the FIA”s homologation process.

In the mornings, the team will also work on doing runs to check all the new systems, as well as continuing to look at set-up. The afternoon will see some long run tests, while monitoring all the elements of the F14 T, as well as evaluating the how the car works with the Pirelli tyres

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/tes....86yRS9VK.dpuf
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Ferrari's 'main upgrades' set for final Bahrain Formula 1 test

By Glenn Freeman, Autosport.com

Ferrari plans to bring the main upgrades to its 2014 Formula 1 car during the final pre-season test in Bahrain.

The Italian team has run its F14 T in relatively conservative specification so far during testing, as its focus has been on achieving enough reliability to carry out long runs.

However, pre-Australian Grand Prix developments are planned to be introduced throughout the final test, which starts at the Sakhir circuit on Thursday.

Speaking about the new parts Ferrari ran in last week's Bahrain test, engineering director Pat Fry said: "We've got a few bits that we're testing to check correlation, but I wouldn't really call them upgrades.

"The main upgrades we will be bringing through at various stages of next week."

Fry admitted that the telemetry issues that cost Kimi Raikkonen some running last Friday were a setback, but he added that the team will simply try to ramp up its mileage in the remaining days to make up for it.

"We've got a bit of catching up to do, yes," he said when asked by AUTOSPORT if the delays had affected Ferrari's plans.

"We're always trying to do as much mileage as we can and we obviously got set back.

"It would have been nice to have a 100 lap day but we're a little bit short."

Ferrari completed 287 laps across the four days in Bahrain last week, with Mercedes, McLaren and Williams all marginally ahead of it on the lap chart.

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112667

Bahrain test is final chance for Formula 1 teams

Formula 1's final pre-season test kicks off in Bahrain on Thursday, giving teams and drivers their final opportunity to prepare for the 2014 season.

With just four days of running left before Friday practice at the season-opening Australian Grand Prix on March 14, the teams in best shape are aiming to focus on upgrades, car performance and race simulations.

So far, only Mercedes-powered teams have attempted race simulations and with the 100kg-per-race fuel limit placing a premium on efficiency, there is still uncertainty over how races will pan out.

This means that any team that has not completed a proper race distance will head into the Australian GP blind.

With most teams launching a relatively basic car specification to allow work to focus on understanding the new 1.6-litre turbocharged V6 engines, there were relatively few major upgrades in the previous test meaning that most squads are planning car changes for Bahrain.

Those able to run reliably will be best-placed to evaluate aerodynamic upgrades as well as continuing to refine the way that the engines run to achieve the best car balance.

So far, Mercedes-powered teams have led the way, although one of the major talking points of the test will be Ferrari's progress as the Scuderia has yet to show its hand publicly and appears to be lagging behind the Mercedes works team.

RENAULT QUESTION MARKS

A litany of problems with the Renault engine has restricted running, with Red Bull, Lotus, Toro Rosso and Caterham logging only 4019km between them during the first eight days of testing - compared to the 3073km achieved by the Mercedes team alone.

Other than Ferrari-powered Marussia, the four Renault-engined teams are the least prepared heading into the final test.

Renault made changes to its energy store, both on the hardware and software side, for the last Bahrain test and also supplied two stages of control system software, the first a very conservative version designed to allow the cars to run as reliably as possible, and the second a more aggressive version for improved performance.

As Renault is adamant its hardware is up to scratch, the focus will be on software and the way the engines are operated when testing gets underway.

"We have made some good headway in terms of PU [power unit] performance and operation in the car, we are now in a situation we could have accepted mid-Jerez," said Renault Sport F1 deputy managing director Rob White after last week's test in Bahrain.

"We are not back on schedule but we are moving in the right direction - the running we have done is very valuable.

"The challenge is to improve the rate of progress, because the gap to where we wanted to be at this stage remains substantial.

"We remain confident in the PU and its sub systems, we are just not at the level of operation and performance we want to be.

"The immaturity of the PU combined with the time lost to incidents means the chassis work to prepare for the season is also behind schedule.

"From this point on we must pursue and accelerate an upward curve."

NO RACE SIM YET

No Renault team has yet completed a race simulation, although Lotus was hopeful of being able to attempt one in Bahrain.

The team enjoyed an encouraging final day in the previous test and is confident that it can close the performance gap to the front.

"That will be one of our priorities next week, to try and do a race sim so maybe second day you will be looking at that," said Lotus technical director Nick Chester.

"There is a lot of progression yet to come. It would be brave to say we could take all 5.4 seconds out [compared to last test pacesetter Nico Rosberg's time] but there are a lot of areas where we will make a lot of progress."

Chester even talked up the possibility of emerging as the lead Renault-powered team this year and with the reigning world champion team struggling throughout testing so far, Red Bull's progress in Bahrain will be one of the stories of the coming four days.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Hopefully everything goes as planned, and more importantly, our engine is ready for homologation tomorrow.

And Bahrain Testing 2 is go..!!
    I Will End My Career At Ferrari...

Kimi come out for installation lap and back to the pit

@Lotus_F1Team: "First job for @Pastormaldo - a couple of install laps. Around 120 new parts on the E22 since last time out"

out comes kimi.>!!

2.Räikkönen FerrariF14 T1:40.505 +1.863

Smoking Renault strkes back!!! Caterham this time...

Red Flag..
    Caterham

and its Green again.!!!

I really love how the back of our car looks, its fantastic, i hope im not alone on this.

Quote Originally Posted by LivingHitokiri View Post
    I really love how the back of our car looks, its fantastic, i hope im not alone on this.
    َActually you are not alone. Your compatriot Nicholas Tombazis likes it too
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by LivingHitokiri View Post
    We seem to require less cooling when compared to other (reliable) teams. Hopefully we make good use of this and gain some additional downforce edge over the competition.

The steering wheel of the Sauber

Quote Originally Posted by AfterLife View Post
    َActually you are not alone. Your compatriot Nicholas Tombazis likes it too
    Ha, indeed,i hope we get a good year so he can get rid some criticism of his shoulders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    We seem to require less cooling when compared to other (reliable) teams. Hopefully we make good use of this and gain some additional downforce edge over the competition.
    I agree, less cooling is nice and all but, shouldn't we use the "free room" and take advantage on it like Mclaren did ?
    Dunno, this year i feel highly positive about it, i think we can win the WCC at least,that would be enough to please me at least XD

Quote Originally Posted by f1tomi8 View Post
    The steering wheel of the Sauber
    Pretty astounding and impressive ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Ferrari's form has been difficult to read so far. They have periodically popped up at the top of the times. And a race run done by Fernando Alonso at the first Bahrain test looked reasonably competitive compared to a simultaneous one by Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg, as far as it was possible to tell. But a senior Ferrari figure revealed this week that the team believe their engine is about 75bhp down on the Mercedes, and they don't understand how their rivals are getting so much power while staying within the fuel restriction introduced this year. Which does not paint too pretty a picture for Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen
    -Andrew Benson-

Early morning lock-up for Kimi Raikkonen in the F14 T

http://www.f1today.net/en/live/2014/02/27/sakhir

Marussia F1 Team - 0:14.137

lol I bet they would be happy with that time ...
    "Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    -Andrew Benson-
    If this is the case then it would be game over for this regulation period of F1 once these engines are locked down later this month...

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    -Andrew Benson-
    Not the things I like to hear!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Petr Hlawiczka ‏@hlawiczka 4 p
    #F1 #Ferrari reportedly 75HP behind #Mercedes with their power units, doesn't understand how Mercedes makes it with 2014 fuel-restrictions.

Speaking of tires , do we got any indication on how gentle our car is on them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    If this is the case then it would be game over for this regulation period of F1 once these engines are locked down later this month...
    Actually its in 2 days time I beleive: midnight this Friday/Saturday...

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Actually its in 2 days time I beleive: midnight this Friday/Saturday...
    Yes the 28th.
    Ferrari must have been monitoring the race sim of Merc last week and noticed them consistently running with this superior engine performance.

Easy to do on a one lap banzai for qualy but they clearly make reference to the fuel restrictions which means they are confident they have 75hp more in the pocket under racing conditions...