Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Bahrain GP 2014 Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    And those low, ugly noses came for safety reasons! If this is bad a year for Ferrari, it's even worse for FIA, seems that they havent got anything right.
    Because of their great visions, cars are ugly, they sound just afull, are more dangerous and not many are happy about this fuel saving nonsense either.
    but you also can imagine what would have happened if we would have the high noses from the years before by hitting the car the same way/same angle?
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    i think he meant that Fernandos prowess was hiding the teams drawbacks and hence keeping their jobs intact instead of LDM looking to get in better people.
    can't be, even blind saw that Fernando was comiting miracles with that car, people in Ferrari's leading positions knew that all along
    not gonna change my profile picture

Domenicali is the Ned Stark of F1. Very nice guy, but he is too noble and not smart enough to play this game.

Maybe Lotus is slow because they made their car to suit Maldonados driving style, those armored cars tend to be heavy.
    could be true
    not gonna change my profile picture

Fernando Alonso ‏@alo_oficial 2 Std.

We remain fourth in the championship. Definitely difficult race as expected. Will improve. Thank you all for the continuos support! #Push
    maybe we should state here also some comments after test sessions where some wanted to tell the rest that this times don't mean a thing and we're better than it looks like
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Maybe Lotus is slow because they made their car to suit Maldonados driving style, those armored cars tend to be heavy.
    That shouldn't be 3 points on the licence, that should be banned for life, he's going to seriously injure someone soon, or worse...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    To be fair, if you watch the first impact, its tyre to tyre. And its that which spins the Sauber across the front causing it to rise slightly and then the Lotus nose just helps it going over.
    You are right, it looked like scooping at first sight. But still, not happy at FIAs decisions at all.

I wouldn't want to be in Stefano's place tomorrow when he gets back to Maranello and has to face Luca, it's not going to be pleasant to say the least.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    maybe we should state here also some comments after test sessions where some wanted to tell the rest that this times don't mean a thing and we're better than it looks like
    Go ahead if it brings you some comfort, sadly it seems you along with some others are happy we are not doing well just so you can say "told you so".
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    Domenicali is the Ned Stark of F1. Very nice guy, but he is too noble and not smart enough to play this game.
    Hope we don't see a beheading.

Winter is coming

Quote Originally Posted by J288GTO View Post
    Hope we don't see a beheading.

and for the record, Vettel = Joffrey!

Winter is coming
    Rosbergs always pay their debts

Stefano Domenicali: “Step up a gear”

Stefano Domenicali: “This race provided an epilogue to a weekend which turned out to be as difficult as we had thought it would be, even before arriving in Bahrain. This circuit is particularly tough for our car and Sakhir’s technical characteristics showed up the gaps in our performance. Now, we must forget this race and look ahead, because I don’t like seeing our drivers fighting hard everywhere and then being unable to attack or defend on the straights. We’ve got an important test ahead of us now, when I expect to see an initial step up in terms of quality. The team must not get downhearted, even if things have not turned out the way they should so far. They must continue to work in order to step up a gear as quickly as possible.” - See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/bah....nW2XwxCq.dpuf
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Stefano Domenicali: We’ve got an important test ahead of us now, when I expect to see an initial step up in terms of quality.
    When exactly is this test going to take place?

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    When exactly is this test going to take place?
    isn't it tomorrow?

I there are in-season tests on the Monday after the following races:

Bahrain
    Barcelona
    Silverstone
    Abu Dhabi

I don't understand how Maldonado continues to get away with this type of driving... he's going to hurt someone really bad one day.... I mean he was basically a torpedo going into that corner.... it was senseless...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Bahrain GP – Fernando Alonso: “An aggressive plan”

Fernando Alonso: “Today’s race was complicated for us, even if we knew what to expect because, with its long straights, this track shows up our weak points. The team did a super job and sorted the problem I had yesterday in the final part of qualifying and the start and strategy were perfect. The Safety Car helped us make up a bit of ground on the cars ahead of us and also allowed us to save fuel, but it was not enough to change the result, with eight cars ahead of us doing a better job. Although we did all we could, we can’t be happy with our level of performance and now our sole focus must be on working day and night. The season is in its early stages and I think we can stage a recovery. We have the resources and the potential to do it and it’s all down to us. Next week will be very important as we get back on track on Tuesday and Wednesday to test in preparation for the upcoming races. We have got a very aggressive programme, which we need as our rivals will not just be sitting back and watching.” - See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/bah....iD3dPLAD.dpuf
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Maybe Ferrari sandbagged in Bahrain :D

Rosbergs always pay their debts

Bahrain GP – Kimi Raikkonen: “Confident for the future”

Kimi Raikkonen: “I am very disappointed with today’s result, because after how qualifying went, I expected to do better. I didn’t get a good start and immediately lost some places. On the first lap, I was hit by Magnussen, luckily without it doing any damage, but trying to move up the order at this point was very difficult, because the lack of aero downforce and speed on the straight meant overtaking was complicated. We knew this track was less suited to the characteristics of our car than the first two and that the Mercedes would be very quick. Overall, the handling of our car has generally improved compared to the first races and this makes me confident for the upcoming ones. We can expect a lot of work to do and we will make the most of the test days to try and improve already in time for the next race in China.” - See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/bah....7AIZEO4A.dpuf
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Get used to it , there is 16 race that we'll see that gap...
    Don't know what to expect, honestly. Alonso says after the race that revenge is coming in China, that they're working around the clock in Maranello ( in fact Pedro de la Rosa didn't travel to Bahrain to keep working in the simulator ), and they will put all the effort this week, Tuesday and Wednesday in the tests at Sakhir ( Alonso disclosed he will stay in Bahrain to be at the wheel of the F14T both days ). Maybe they have something good in the oven, and add to this that a few days ago Domenicalli said in Madrid that fans could expect the team improving in China.

But this said, even in a best case scenario, it's hard to me figuring out how the team can overcome this monster deficit, and becoming the second best team won't simply be enough as long as Mercedes keeps finishing first and second in the next races. Come July Rosberg and Hamilton could be enjoying a 50 point margin over the competition.

And finally, what di Montezemolo did today, leaving the circuit before the end of the race, to me is simply unaceptable. He could have been there waiting to give courage and spirit to Fernando, Kimi and the rest of the team. Unless he had something really urgent, his action today damages the image of Ferrari. To me, it was the picture of a loser: went to Bahrain to meet with Todt, who said " no " to his requests ( will only accept unanimously requested changes ), and leaves the circuit in the moment when his leadership is more needed while his drivers are being beaten on the track.

PS. Alonso said in AS newspaper that he's not going to McLaren. That gossip is rubish.

Bahrain GP – Pat Fry: “A defensive race”

Pat Fry: “Today, we could not have asked more of our car and drivers, because here, our most limiting factor was a lack of top speed. That meant we had to run a defensive race and even if in the middle sector, the one with the most corners, the F14 T was competitive, it was not enough to allow Fernando and Kimi to attack our rivals. In Maranello, we are working on solutions to ensure better power delivery and better driveability. We are also trying to improve the efficiency of the car on the aerodynamic front. The data we acquired in today’s race will provide a baseline for the major checking programme we have planned for the test, right here at Sakhir on Tuesday and Wednesday.” - See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/bah....cFn1ahqr.dpuf
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Bit like the Red Wedding for Ferrari today
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Catalan View Post
    Don't know what to expect, honestly. Alonso says after the race that revenge is coming in China, that they're working around the clock in Maranello ( in fact Pedro de la Rosa didn't travel to Bahrain to keep working in the simulator ), and they will put all the effort this week, Tuesday and Wednesday in the tests at Sakhir ( Alonso disclosed he will stay in Bahrain to be at the wheel of the F14T both days ). Maybe they have something good in the oven, and add to this that a few days ago Domenicalli said in Madrid that fans could expect the team improving in China.

But this said, even in a best case scenario, it's hard to me figuring out how the team can overcome this monster deficit, and becoming the second best team won't simply be enough as long as Mercedes keeps finishing first and second in the next races. Come July Rosberg and Hamilton could be enjoying a 50 point margin over the competition.

And finally, what di Montezemolo did today, leaving the circuit before the end of the race, to me is simply unaceptable. He could have been there waiting to give courage and spirit to Fernando, Kimi and the rest of the team. Unless he had something really urgent, his action today damages the image of Ferrari. To me, it was the picture of a loser: went to Bahrain to meet with Todt, who said " no " to his requests ( will only accept unanimously requested changes ), and leaves the circuit in the moment when his leadership is more needed while his drivers are being beaten on the track.

PS. Alonso said in AS newspaper that he's not going to McLaren. That gossip is rubish.
    I don't know what to say that Montezemolo's action today. Also Alonso's reaction on finish line is very sarcastic. Everything is getting worse and worse day by day. 2.5 Sec/Lap is unacceptable without doubt. I can't even imagine if other team imporve more than us in Spain.
    Last edited by JacKy; 6th April 2014 at 21:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I think we cannot have both engine as a competitive factor, and engine homologation.

Aero is a competitive factor which, whether we like it or not, works because aero isn't homologated. So if we want to introduce engine as a competitive factor the same way aero is, then engine development needs to be allowed the same way aero developments are allowed as well.

IMO, we cannot have both, it doesn't work. If we want to homologate the engine, then everyone needs to have the same performance, otherwise one engine (in this case Merc) will win every season until we change the engine.

ps: It's true RB dominated aero for the past few years, but it wasn't due to the lack of any chance for other teams. It was due to RB doing a better job each year. Now, we're in a situation where other teams do not have the chance to respond to Merc. Imagine if we freeze the engine for 5 years, then Merc simply needed to do a better job for 1 year and they will enjoy the rewards for 5 years. That doesn't seem right to me, IMO.
    I completely agree.

Does anyone know if engines can be developed between seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Catalan View Post
    I think that seeing Ferraris being passed so easily by Force Indias and others was just too much for him to bear. This situation is especially hard to take for him, because he's the leader of Ferrari and it's his duty to uphold the good name of Ferrari. So I think it was quite understandable why it was just too painful for him to stay there and watch this nightmare unfold in front of his eyes. His facial expression in the pits said it all. It's hard to take for all of us who are part of the Ferrari family, for the team workers and for the fans. And besides, what could he have done there anyway? He couldn't possibly have made the car go any faster by staying there till the end of the race and his leadership is much more needed back in Maranello where he has to make all the important decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Pat Fry: “Today, we could not have asked more of our car and drivers, because here, our most limiting factor was a lack of top speed. That meant we had to run a defensive race and even if in the middle sector, the one with the most corners, the F14 T was competitive, it was not enough to allow Fernando and Kimi to attack our rivals. In Maranello, we are working on solutions to ensure better power delivery and better driveability. We are also trying to improve the efficiency of the car on the aerodynamic front. The data we acquired in today’s race will provide a baseline for the major checking programme we have planned for the test, right here at Sakhir on Tuesday and Wednesday.” - See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/bah....cFn1ahqr.dpuf
    If that is true I'm pretty happy. Does anyone know if that is true?

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    I think that seeing Ferraris being passed so easily by Force Indias and others was just too much for him to bear. This situation is especially hard to take for him, because he's the leader of Ferrari and it's his duty to uphold the good name of Ferrari. So I think it was quite understandable why it was just too painful for him to stay there and watch this nightmare unfold in front of his eyes. His facial expression in the pits said it all. It's hard to take for all of us who are part of the Ferrari family, for the team workers and for the fans. And besides, what could he have done there anyway? He couldn't possibly have made the car go any faster by staying there till the end of the race and his leadership is much more needed back in Maranello where he has to make all the important decisions.
    Becomes it comes across as a hissy fit.
    Forza Jules

I haven't posted anything all day because of a headache I developed during the race.
    How sad it must be for all the guys of Ferrari to see this happen. How terrible must it be for Fernando and Kimi to be unable to do anything...
    I feel sorry for all the guys at Ferrari. The car is not good enough, but the people work so hard and they did not deserve this humiliation.
    I admire both drivers for being able to find any positive words today - which they managed to do.
    I don't know what caused this disaster, I don't know what it takes to come back from this, but I do know that the unwritten laws of racing say that you will not manage to do this during a running season.
    This is going to be a long year for all the people of Scuderia Ferrari and for us, the fans.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse