Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Stefano Domenicali Resigned

Stefano Domenicali Resigned

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    My thoughts exactly!!.....
    lol
    Forza Ferrari

Ha and the new guy has 0% F1 experience.

Please don't make panic moves Ferrari we want quality not quantity.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Oh, Ferrari. What a mess.
    Actually its not really a Mess ! as without change we will not succeed and this could be the best news for us all

Fingers crossed for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Wooohooo now we will win with ease since it was Stefano who stopped our engineers using their talents.....
    Yup, he personally banned them from developing the car.. and stopped 'Spaghetti Saturdays'.. and attached an anchor to the back of the car.... Woop!

Quote Originally Posted by gazoz View Post
    Actually its not really a Mess ! as without change we will not succeed and this could be the best news for us all
    Team principal resigning mid season is not a mess? Seriously.....
    Forza Ferrari

Yes and such a massive change will benefit hugely with China in a couple of days. As we've seen from Lotus, a Team Principal leaving very suddenly is extremely beneficial.
    Forza Jules

A change 4 days before we go racing, heck a change in the middle of the season is bad news for us IMO. Are we giving up after all the talks about aggressive development to fight back this year?

The new guy can't magically lead a F1 team within 4 days. And if it's someone with no experience in motorpsort, you can see where this season is headed...

This is really bad news. For Stefano to resign in such a fashion the situation must have been unbearable. He's a good man and it would be very sad to see him go. It just shows how much Ferrari are in disarray. Also, the replacement doesn't seem ideal. We should have hired Boullier when we had the chance. Looks like Luca wants an Italian as a TP.

Quite surprising timing. He has been under immense pressure. I wonder if he has enjoyed his job recently. I hope he won't join other F1 team if he leaves Ferrari.

We could be heading for another 18 years of internal politics and infighting...but at least Stefano is gone...
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by shamim179 View Post
    This is really bad news. For Stefano to resign in such a fashion the situation must have been unbearable.
    Better than "you are fired".

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Team principal resigning mid season is not a mess? Seriously.....
    Seriously !! can it get any worse than it already is ? i dont think so , So yes change is needed

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    A change 4 days before we go racing, heck a change in the middle of the season is bad news for us IMO. Are we giving up after all the talks about aggressive development to fight back this year?

The new guy can't magically lead a F1 team within 4 days. And if it's someone with no experience in motorpsort, you can see where this season is headed...
    Im not saying it wont be difficult but maybe this is whats needed for us to get things going in the right direction , remember people dont like change at times like this because its risky but im not so sure as he would have discussed this with Luca and im sure they have a plan B

A change at the top might be good but not in this manner. To do this just before China when he was confident that the updates will make us competitive doesn't make sense. Ferrari are in serious trouble at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by shamim179 View Post
    A change at the top might be good but not in this manner. To do this just before China when he was confident that the updates will make us competitive doesn't make sense. Ferrari are in serious trouble at the moment.
    Time will tell how much trouble we are in next few races will be interesting, remember we still have all the right personel doing there jobs so maybe we will be ok

Do me a favour.......China is not the nail for Ferrari!!!......and NOW is the time......Ferrari is great....they'll know what to do from now on........The engineers are probably peed off that they couldn't do their jobs in the first place!!..............GOOD BYE SD!!...
    Drive it like you stole it!

Can someone confirm the authenticity of the statement. No site has yet reported this or even suggested it.
    Silently, like a shadow

If & when this is made official it will pretty much be a confirmation that the 2014 season is over for us & work on the 2015 project will start with a fresh set of eyes looking over the project.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

The excuse over the last 4 years was the F1 is too much concentrate to aero , and that was an excuse for some people in the ferrari team.After the beginning of this year show that the problem is not the aero , the problem is the team , the management ...so Barhain was the ends for some excuse.And the last fiasco from the testing was the exlamation point and everybody in the team now are in a big pressure ....that will have a very negative affect to everything , update,idea,strategic,everything will be on the line .In a company when your leader is fire , everyone on the company will fear i will loose my job if i take a risk or something so this strategi , especially on aero departement and engine will kill innovation.So bad news overall ,but we need to have a big announcement ,hiring brawn or someone who will a big benefit for ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Can someone confirm the authenticity of the statement. No site has yet reported this or even suggested it.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Formula-1/14-...47411753.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    If & when this is made official it will pretty much be a confirmation that the 2014 season is over for us & work on the 2015 project will start with a fresh set of eyes looking over the project.
    The regulations for 2015 wont change so every new aspect on this car will be beneficial for 2015. Theyll keep developing this car.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Yes and such a massive change will benefit hugely with China in a couple of days. As we've seen from Lotus, a Team Principal leaving very suddenly is extremely beneficial.
    OK so he should not resign before this GP, should he then resign after? Should he resign when? After say another GP, or say mid year, or say the end of this year?

There is not really a good or bad time to resign when you've screwed up.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

On Autosport now

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113446

Stefano Domenicali steps down as Ferrari F1 team boss
    By Jonathan Noble Monday, April 14th 2014, 10:18 GMT

Stefano Domenicali has stepped down as team principal of the Ferrari Formula 1 team.

After a disappointing start to the season, that has left Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen without a podium finish, Domenicali has shouldered the blame for the team's lack of form.

He has moved aside with immediate effect, and will be replaced for now by Marco Mattiacci, the president and CEO of Ferrari North America.

An announcement confirming the changes is expected imminently.

Domenicali had been team principal at Ferrari since 2008, having previously worked for the Maranello-based outfit in administration and human resources roles, before becoming its sporting director.

Despite helping the team secure the constructors' championship in his first year in charge, Ferrari was pained by the fact that it failed to secure a drivers' title under Domenicali's tenure.

It did come close to it, with Felipe Massa only losing the drivers' crown in 2008 at the final corner, while Alonso lost out in title showdowns in 2010 and 2012 to Sebastian Vettel.

The arrival of new regulations in 2014 delivered a golden opportunity for Ferrari to return to the very top, with the manufacturer teams expected to have an advantage this season because of the increased importance of the engine.

But, while Mercedes dominated the opening three races, Ferrari found itself on the back foot - with its power unit struggling to match what its German car manufacturer rival had delivered.

Its engine struggles were highlighted in Bahrain, where both Alonso and Raikkonen were left fighting for the lower points positions and found themselves powerless to defend against many of the Mercedes customer teams.

The lack of pace in Bahrain could not have come at a worse time for Ferrari, either, with its president Luca di Montezemolo having spoken out against the new fuel-efficiency regulations ahead of the event.

He turned up at the Sakhir race, but left before the end when it became clear how much Alonso and Raikkonen were struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    Sad to see this. I guess someone had to take the blame after all.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post
    Sad to see this. I guess someone had to take the blame after all.
    Does anyone know somthing about the new guy?

Stefano Domenicali has resigned as Team Principal of Ferrari in the wake of the team’s poor start to the 2014 season. He will be replaced by Marco Mattiaci, the former head of Ferrari USA.

But the background to the story is not quite as many will imagine.

A furious Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo left the Bahrain Grand Prix early after seeing his cars overtaken on the straights as the new hybrid turbo engine lacked performance compared to its rivals.

Speaking at an event in Maranello the president said that Ferrari would take what ever decisions were necessary to get the team back on track.

However the decision to quit was Domenicali’s and he was not pushed out by Montezemolo, who wanted the 48 year old to continue, according to well placed sources in Italy.

Domenicali was part of the Dream Team around Michael Schumacher in the late 1990s and early 2000s and was always earmarked for the Team Principal role in a well organised succession plan.

He took over from Jean Todt in 2008 and won the Constructors’ championship that year, narrowly missing out on the Drivers’ title with Felipe Massa.

Since then the team came close with Fernando Alonso in 2010 and 2012, but a series of cars unable to compete with Red Bull and more recently Mercedes have left Ferrari in a frustrating position, especially with two world champion drivers in the cars.
    Link: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/0...raris-failure/

Domenicali quits Ferrari, Mattiacci takes team principal role
    Stefano Domenicali has resigned as team principal of Ferrari in the wake of the disappointing start to the team’s 2014 season.

He will be replaced by high flying Ferrari road car executive Marco Mattiacci, who will be in China next weekend.

Mattiacci worked at Jaguar/Ford before joining Ferrari in 1999. He quickly rose up the ranks to become President nd CEO of Ferrari Asia Pacific in June 2006, before taking the same role at Ferrari North America in May 2010. He is clearly highly regarded within the Ferrari camp.

It might be assumed that Domenicali’s decision came after discussions with Luca di Montezemolo, who recently extended his contract as Ferrari president for another three years.

Domenicali’s future is not year clear, although he is highly respected in the motor sport world and would have little troubel finding a new role. He has been linked with Audi in the past.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

In Austria we would say: na bumm ... translation: surprised ... especially due to the timing ...

any confirmation that this isn't just a bad rumour by someone?

Edit: @vcs316 and @tifosi1993 already provided some more sources ... hmmm
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

I don't really get it. Our problem is the designing of the car during the winter (we Always arive with time to make up to the front runners) and in season development. Clearly our development team isn't as good as our competitors. But, at the track, in terms of strategy, drivers, pit stops, ... we're the best. Don't see what Stefano did wrong actually..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari