Thread: What is going on with Ferrari

What is going on with Ferrari

As not winning the world drivers championship for 12 years now, Alonso didnt do it, Vettel still didnt, who would be the next winner, I doubt it will be Charles. What do you think really is wrong with Ferrari?

1. Strategy is bad.
    2. Our car cant handle tyres in the right way.
    3. Bad low-speed traction which destroys the tyres (look at N2)
    4. Team-management, doing crazy things, as in Sochi they told Seb to slow down to Charles while leading, but in reality Seb was much faster. This is costing us many points.
    5. Every time we do something better than RBR, Mercedes they ban that thing.
    6. The team looks not that well managed and organised as Mercedes.
    7. Reliability was bad in 2017, 2019 in crucial moments.
    8. The tyres looked to be made for Mercedes.
    9. The never ending cycle is there.

Good points.

1. Engine is good
    2. Drivers are good enough to deliver the title.
    3. There is always a light at the end of tunnel, maybe next year.

Only if we found and improve on this things, we might fight for the title in next years. But I think RBR will probably win the title again sooner. This is the reality that its hard to accept, but we have to.

I will come back to my post in 2-3 years time, and we will see if I am mistaken.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 10th December 2019 at 13:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Disagree, one driver may be good but is a big question mark. Vettel can't unless his car is vastly superior, he couldn't even bring the fight to the last race when he had the car to do it, let alone win.

The problem with Ferrari is they had bad luck having to fight against the two most dominant cars in recent years, from teams that got a little help from the rule makers, tyre makers and so on. Ferrari also messed big time so is not only bad luck.

As not winning the world drivers championship for 12 years now, Alonso didnt do it, Vettel still didnt, who would be the next winner, I doubt it will be Charles. What do you think really is wrong with Ferrari?

1. Strategy is bad.
    2. Our car cant handle tyres in the right way.
    3. Bad low-speed traction which destroys the tyres (look at N2)
    4. Team-management, doing crazy things, as in Sochi they told Seb to slow down to Charles while leading, but in reality Seb was much faster. This is costing us many points.
    5. Every time we do something better than RBR, Mercedes they ban that thing.
    6. The team looks not that well managed and organised as Mercedes.
    7. Reliability was bad in 2017, 2019 in crucial moments.
    8. The tyres looked to be made for Mercedes.
    9. The never ending cycle is there.

Good points.

1. Engine is good
    3. There is always a light at the end of tunnel, maybe next year.

Only if we found and improve on this things, we might fight for the title in next years. But I think RBR will probably win the title again sooner. This is the reality that its hard to accept, but we have to.

I will come back to my post in 2-3 years time, and we will see if I am mistaken.
    Agree on most points, but the team as a whole just doesn't gel from the pit crew to the strategists in the same well-oiled fashion as Merc and RB, Binotto needs assistance in the trackside roles and the media have made the Charles and Sebastian issue more of a headline and an opportunity to undermine the team spirit. Once again, Ferrari appear to have been very good at dropping the ball at crucial moments, drivers included!

If the car is fast and reliable both drivers will fight for wins. Put either driver in a sub-optimal car, then we would win only at specific tracks.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Todt left after 2007, then what happened? only 1 title which was the following year in 2008. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Todt left after 2007, then what happened? only 1 title which was the following year in 2008. Coincidence?
    I’ll probably give more to Ross Brawn leaving us at the end of 2006. 07-08 cars were still under similar designs. That guy is also key to Mercedes’ domination

Vettel has constantly proved during his Ferrari tenure that he is nowhere good enough to deliver the title. As Sebastian is only going to get worse by age each year I think its safe to say Vettel will not win a title.

Our hope is with Leclerc, and it remains to be seen if his potential will be fulfilled or not, too early to tell.

So the drivers are a question mark for sure.
    Last edited by Lesky; 12th December 2019 at 04:45.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Vettel has constantly proved during his Ferrari tenure that he is nowhere good enough to deliver the title. As Sebastian is only going to get worse by age each year I think its safe to say Vettel will not win a title.

Our hope is with Leclerc, and it remains to be seen if his potential will be fulfilled or not, too early to tell.

So the drivers are a question mark for sure.
    agreed. I would be very surprised if Seb won another driver's title, I believe it's too late for him.

Seb and Kimi @ Alph will be a great way to get the team into the top 10. And Gio with Charles will be great. It's the car !!!! Mick will stay @ F-2 2020. No threat to any one @ Ferrari. Meanwhile Charles gets a 4 yr. contract for 9 million euros a yr. for 4 yrs. So 36 million over 4 yrs. What if he does a WDC, WCC in those 4 yrs ? I still can't get over $50 million a year !
    Last edited by Brembo; 28th December 2019 at 10:46.