Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monaco GP 2014 Team news & quotes

Very quiet....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Very quiet....
    Yes, probably because there will be no updates to the car, and because Ferrari's chances for success in Monaco seem quite slim. We are all just waiting for Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    Yes, probably because there will be no updates to the car, and because Ferrari's chances for success in Monaco seem quite slim. We are all just waiting for Canada.
    FA stated that this could be a track where Mercedes could be caught off defense and be surprised by Ferrari and Red Bull....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    FA stated that this could be a track where Mercedes could be caught off defense and be surprised by Ferrari and Red Bull....
    If you are referring to the Autosport article ( http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114022 ), Alonso only said Red Bull might challenge Mercedes not Ferrari. It would be nice if it were true, but I think it is only a dream.

If you are referring to the Autosport article ( http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114022 ), Alonso only said Red Bull might challenge Mercedes not Ferrari. It would be nice if it were true, but I think it is only a dream.
    They may challenge Rosberg not Louise

Gorgeous setting and the classic street track
    but usually a snorer.Hope we score good points
    if not a (what would be) freak win.

Yes. You are right. I was mislead by the title...

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Gorgeous setting and the classic street track
    but usually a snorer.Hope we score good points
    if not a (what would be) freak win.
    If we haven't been able to win there even when we have had a much more competitive car than we do now, then what chances do we have of pulling it off this time? We would need a huge miracle to happen. But hey, if Olivier Panis could do it in '96 with a crappy Ligier starting from 14th place on the grid then we could certainly do it as well. "Hope springs eternal."
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

In a Monaco weekend there is plenty of time to make mistakes. Anything can happen. But sadly we need mistakes of others to make it happen....
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Raikkonen, Alonso Hoping for Competitive Weekend in Monaco

The Ferrari team scored points with both drivers in Spain last time out, but Fernando Alonso was only sixth and Kimi Raikkonen a lapped seventh. Both drivers are previous winners of the Monaco Grand Prix, but hopes of adding to their triumphs are low with the continued domination of Mercedes and with the increasing pace of Red Bull Racing.

Raikkonen won around the streets of Monte Carlo back in 2005 for McLaren but knows winning for Ferrari in 2014 will be difficult to achieve. Having run both of the days of the post-Spain in-season test last week, the Finn is hopeful the car will arrive in Monaco much improved.

“So many things can affect your result at this track and I hope we can go better here this time and score some good points, but it’s too early to say how we will be, especially as the cars are very different to last year,” said Raikkonen. “There’s a bit less grip and the cars can be hard to handle, but let’s see what happens in FP1.

“At the last race we had some problems, but the car was a bit better in Spain, even if sixth and seventh place is not at all where we want to be. We are improving little by little, as it is not a simple fix, but we are continuing to work hard.”

“This track is unique, as you have to give your all from the first to the 78th lap. Qualifying can have a big effect on the outcome, an area on which we are doing our utmost to improve. After the last race, we stayed on in Barcelona for the test, which was reasonably positive: we had problems at the start, but by the end, I can say I was pleased with the work we managed to get through. The F14 T is improving and I am sure that, step by step, the results will come, but we must push harder to get them.”

Team-mate Alonso is the only current Formula 1 driver to have won the Monaco Grand Prix on more than one occasion, having won in 2006 for Renault and 2007 for McLaren. He knows the season hasn’t gone to plan so far with a less than perfect car, but hopes to be competitive this weekend, but expects the Mercedes team to continue their domination.

“We have more than one problem at the moment, but it would be nice to have good traction here,” said Alonso. “Even without the best traction in recent years, we have still managed to do well in Monaco including a couple of podium finishes. Hopefully this weekend, we can be competitive enough to be at the front and score some good points.

“The cars have been quite tricky to drive so far this year and now we arrive at a very special circuit with a unique layout that features some risky places. We must wait and see which team is able to better adapt their car to this circuit. As I have said before, having an update which maybe gives you a couple of tenths of a second, is less important at this track than finding a good set-up that allows you to have confidence in the car.

“Monaco definitely offers a difference scenario and is a little bit more open than in the other races where we have seen Mercedes dominate, but they are still the biggest favourites. Even if car performance is not as important here, the car is still the biggest factor. But this is definitely a circuit that can bring some action. We definitely have the potential to improve the car and if we do it in the areas where there is a big margin, then we can hope to have good races and good results.”

http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/20...ckered+Flag%29
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

I think Ferrari can turn the car around at any time. May as well be positive, as
    that turnaround could happen this week. To stir things up, Im piken Kimi to win it.
    Tifosi stick by their team no matter, and Ferrari could use all the positive vibes it can get.

Yep, he did say that.

Monaco GP 2014 Team news & quotes

via Sutton

Monaco GP – Pat Fry: “One extra day”

Pat Fry: “It’s a shame we didn’t get the most out of today. Usually, you do a lot of laps in Monaco as it’s the only way to gain confidence on this very unusual track and that is even more the case this year, to learn how to manage the power delivery as well as possible with these new engines, keeping the torque under control, while trying to find the limit on a track that doesn’t allow for any mistakes. On top of that, for us engineers it is vital to understand where we can improve in terms of driveability and car stability, because with the walls this close, the drivers have to feel completely comfortable. With Fernando, because of the rain that fell in the lunch break, the afternoon session was reduced to around an hour, with just one run on Supersoft tyres, after a run on Intermediates.

The softest compound in the range is harder than last year and took a few more laps to get up to temperature, so it was very important to try it with a view to qualifying. Unfortunately Kimi’s second session ended after four laps because of a problem with the gearbox on his F14 T, but we hope that, with an extra day’s work available this weekend, we will have the time to adjust the set-up of the car properly to suit the characteristics of this track.”

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/mon....iYVjc3pT.dpuf

Fernando Alonso: “Despite the rain”

Fernando Alonso: “Here in Monaco, the most important thing in practice is to do as many laps as possible, because it is a very special track and you need to have a good feeling from the car.

Despite the rain reducing the amount of track time in the second session, we more or less managed to complete all our programme and, with or without a turbo, the complexity of this track remains the same, so doing well in qualifying will be crucial. The increase in grip we found over the few laps we did with the Supersoft tyres leaves us in no doubt that this will be the tyre to use on Saturday afternoon, while for the race there is still a lot to learn as no one has done a long run. So we might have to improvise when it comes to strategy.”

Published on: 05/22/2014
    - See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/mon....04FN1Nt3.dpuf

Kimi Raikkonen: “Half the work”

Kimi Raikkonen: “Unfortunately, the bad weather affected this first day of practice and halved the possibility to complete the work we had planned. In the morning, on the dry track, we tried various set-up options, without encountering any particular problems, apart from a lack of grip at the front under braking. In the afternoon, we made a few changes to improve the balance of the car, but having waited almost an hour before being able to go out on track, a problem with the gearbox prevented me from completing the session. On Saturday we will try and make the most of the third free practice session to complete our programme for qualifying, which we know is the key factor here.”

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/mon....ibSRZkKF.dpuf
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Monaco GP – Pat Fry: “A thousand variables”

Pat Fry: “Finding the right window to put in the quick laps and avoid traffic is always a crucial aspect of qualifying for the Monaco Grand Prix, especially in Q1 and Q2. Here, the tyres are taking a few more laps to be at their best and this slightly complicated the process, but luckily we didn’t have any major problems with either car.

The gap has come down to the Red Bulls and also to Mercedes, but the result hasn’t changed since the previous races. In any case, both Fernando and Kimi got the most out of the F14 T, which continues to improve step by step. It will be a long and demanding race tomorrow for the whole team, with the thousands of variables this Grand Prix can throw up. The chance of rain is only slight, but nevertheless we want to be prepared to tackle both scenarios to give our drivers the best chance of bringing home as many points as possible.”

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/mon....6EuvgbDQ.dpuf

Fernando Alonso: “Encapsulates the weekend”

Fernando Alonso: “Today’s result encapsulates the state of play this weekend and it’s more or less what we expected, but I don’t think it went badly, because we managed to stay ahead of rivals who have been front runners so far, such as Williams and Force India and, most importantly, we are closer to the Red Bulls. We have made more changes than usual here, because we were suffering with understeer and we had some problems under braking and the car has improved a lot.

Compared to what we expected, the tyres seem too hard and we are struggling a lot to get them up to temperature. If the race is run in the dry tomorrow, then it will be an endurance race to see who can stay out on track the longest. However, if it was to rain, as has been suggested, then just getting to the finish will already be a good result, because as we saw on Thursday from the few laps we did, it’s really on the limit, like sliding around on ice.”

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/mon....f03EEw7w.dpuf

Kimi Raikkonen: “A question of feeling”

Kimi Raikkonen: “I’m not happy with this qualifying, because even though we worked hard on the set-up, making several changes, my feeling with the car didn’t improve much.

Right from Thursday I had to fight to find the best solution and the time lost during the second free practice session certainly didn’t help. On top of that, we are not able to make the tyres work well here and in that situation, it’s not easy to put together a good lap, especially on a track where you don’t get a second chance. Sixth place is not ideal, but neither is it a disaster and tomorrow we will do our best to get the most out of it all.”

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/mon....q5v2UkDQ.dpuf

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    .... it's also the track where is no room for mistakes.
    No room for racing either :(
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

I thought Kimi's car looked more planted & he was gaining confidence in it's handling... then I read his comments!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

I love all these amazing photos of our car! Keep 'em coming!

And it's very nice to see Piero there as well.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

No pics of swimming pool girls with F14T in the background this year??

Oh god, I hate to hear it that we are fighting FI and Williams.
    We need to fight RBR and Merc(win or loose)

Quote Originally Posted by sachin View Post
    Oh god, I hate to hear it that we are fighting FI and Williams.
    We need to fight RBR and Merc(win or loose)
    And how can we fight with RBR and Merc? Do tell.

https://twitter.com/LiteralF1/status/470513315010314241
    Interesting! @mbrundlef1 says Lewis in Barcelona used a power setting to defend they agreed not to use! He had to apologise to Rosberg

https://twitter.com/NicolaBILD/statu...17741011873792
    Kimi Räikkönen not at drivers' parade! I just learned He's having stomach problems...

Maybe he was having a ****!
    Last edited by Rob; 25th May 2014 at 14:42.

Alonso 'too busy' for Justin Bieber in Monaco

Justin Bieber’s request to meet Fernando Alonso, when the 20-year-old Canadian singer was in the Monte Carlo paddock on Saturday, was shot down by the Spaniard himself.

Bieber, who is in the Principality for the weekend, was mixing it up in the paddock at the Monaco Grand Prix on Saturday and had asked Ferrari whether he could meet the double world champion.

But Alonso dismissed the proposal citing that he was “too busy” as he prepared for the qualifying session.
    Alonso qualified fifth for Sunday’s race, one place ahead of teammate Kimi Raikkonen

DIEK, for a moment i thought you were talking about Vettel

Monaco GP – Marco Mattiacci: “Working non stop”

Marco Mattiacci: “Historically, Monaco is an unpredictable Grand Prix and we are well aware there can be thousands of variables here. If we had managed to keep that third place, it would have been a boost for the entire team, but events beyond our control meant it was not to be.

All of us are working flat out and I’m sure that thanks to the great professionalism of the people around me, we will be able to improve day by day and get back to being competitive in a short period of time. But above all, we must find a way to reach the ambitious goals that Ferrari should be fighting for.”

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/mon....iap0jKlk.dpuf

Pat Fry: “Mixed fortunes”

Pat Fry: “Today in Monaco, luck was not on our side, especially in Kimi’s case. Mercedes and Red Bull showed they have a greater potential than we do, but thanks to a really good start, I think that Kimi, who was third at the first corner, could have finished on the podium.

Unfortunately, during the Safety Car period, his F14 T was hit by a Marussia and that meant he had to make two stops in the space of two laps, effectively ruining his race. Fernando also got away well, but a few moments later and for all of the first sector, his car suffered a temporary drop in power.

Fortunately, he managed not to lose too many places and after that, he ran a rather solitary race. We start work again tomorrow in Maranello, looking at our weak points: we are sure we can improve and now we must prove those words with facts.”

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/mon....u42lQIQM.dpuf

Fernando Alonso: “A good result”

Fernando Alonso: “Finishing just off the podium today was a good result, especially after a difficult start and the various incidents during the race. At the start, something in the motor didn’t work, but even if I’d had full power, there was no room to overtake.

The three cars ahead of me deserved to be there as they were really uncatchable. I am pleased with fourth place, because we were able to manage a race in which you had to always maintain the highest level of concentration as there were plenty of tense moments.

Our pace was good and that means that, bit by bit, we are improving. Sure, the gap to the leaders is still significant, because like us, they are still moving forward on the development front. Therefore we must always try to do better, starting with the next race in Canada.”

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/mon....chmBGCLB.dpuf

Kimi Raikkonen: “An unlucky race”

Kimi Raikkonen: “This was a very unlucky day for me, a real shame after getting a good start and managing to move up to third place. The car was handling well and had a good pace.

Unfortunately, in a Safety Car period, my car was hit by Chilton’s Marussia and I had to make an unscheduled stop as my right rear tyre was damaged and that meant the end of any chance of getting a good result.

I am sorry I still haven’t managed to get a good result because we are working very hard. We know there is a lot to do as our rivals are still a long way ahead, but I am sure that if we continue down this path the results will come, maybe with a bit more luck.”

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/mon....YJlFMUjz.dpuf