Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Lewis picked up his toys yet?

Has Lewis picked up his toys yet?

Sore loser ain't he?

Anyway my main point was pre-race in an interview with Herbert he spoke about how mind games are not for him and how he does all the talking on track, and said how beating his rival in a equal car proves everything. Fair enough, but then come the grid walk Lauda confirms to Brundle that Lewis used a engine map he was not meant to use (more power) in Spain which off course let him beat Nico, and that Lewis apologised for doing so......

So much for equal cars then Lewis.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Sore loser ain't he?

Anyway my main point was pre-race in an interview with Herbert he spoke about how mind games are not for him and how he does all the talking on track, and said how beating his rival in a equal car proves everything. Fair enough, but then come the grid walk Lauda confirms to Brundle that Lewis used a engine map he was not meant to use (more power) in Spain which off course let him beat Nico, and that Lewis apologised for doing so......

So much for equal cars then Lewis.....
    I thought he matured... I guess it was just great job done by his PR guys.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

I think Lewis' maturity hit a new low at the media area interview where he said Nico is not his friend and he would have gotten better strategy if he was at McLaren. That McLaren comment was way out of line. He has the right to be disappointed, but throwing the team under the bus and comparing them to his previous team is a very bad move.

I have a lot of respect for his driving talent, but I think his poor attitude is going to be his undoing, if the championship goes down to the wire. He really lets losing gets to him in his mind and this could be harmful for himself. Would be fun to watch though

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    he would have gotten better strategy if he was at McLaren. That McLaren comment was way out of line.
    Yeah funny he said that considering.....http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8591447.stm
    Forza Ferrari

I used to think that he grew up, but obviously I was wrong. Rosberg seems a bit "posh", but atleast he doesn't vomit on his team in the media. I truly hope that Lewis doesn't win anything, anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah funny he said that considering.....http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8591447.stm

I think Lewis' maturity hit a new low at the media area interview where he said Nico is not his friend and he would have gotten better strategy if he was at McLaren. That McLaren comment was way out of line. He has the right to be disappointed, but throwing the team under the bus and comparing them to his previous team is a very bad move.

I have a lot of respect for his driving talent, but I think his poor attitude is going to be his undoing, if the championship goes down to the wire. He really lets losing gets to him in his mind and this could be harmful for himself. Would be fun to watch though
    Very interesting indeed. Only that back in 2007 he complained the same about Mclaren

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Very interesting indeed. Only that back in 2007 he complained the same about Mclaren
    and wasn't it the Monaco GP as well?
    not gonna change my profile picture

When did he make the McLaren comment, after the race?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Well, got say same as Greig. Thought the same, we would see Lewis play "fair". But then after hearing what Brundle said about the "engine boost map", my respect for him went out of the window. And made me think, if Nico did that lock up and going off to gain pole after hearing what Lewis did, fair play.

Also, i think Lewis, thinks he is bigger and on a "higher plain" than rest of the grid. He speaks, seems to me, different this year. Not sure why, but after watching the clip he done about Jack Brabham, thought to myself why speaking like that. Could be people round him, making him think he is bigger than F1, and all the other drivers are not "worthy" to be on the same track as him.

I dont now, but what i do know, we are seeing the real Lewis now.

Maybe, 2007, wasnt all Ron Dennis's fault.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I must say I'm really enjoying this - Hamilton digging his own grave.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    yeah, to Nat Pinkham in an interview.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Its like 2007 all over again. Just wait until he starts complaining about the press too- and about being nr.2 in the team- and all that stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Yep. Here's what he said
    "When I was at McLaren we had two strategists and the strategy from my strategist was to get the best overall result for me," Hamilton told Sky Sports F1 afterwards.

"Unfortunately [at Mercedes] we have one overall strategist, and he's amazing, but unfortunately the role in the team is that he has to look out for the number one [driver in the race] and the guy in second has to come second. I knew from the get-go that I had a lesser opportunity to win the race and I needed a miracle to win at a track like this.

"An opportunity occurred where I could have come in. When I was at McLaren, l would have been pulled in on that lap and that may have given me the smallest advantage to get the jump over the Safety Car.
    http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12...r-in-monaco-gp

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Its like 2007 all over again. Just wait until he starts complaining about the press too- and about being nr.2 in the team- and all that stuff...
    And the fact that he is an Englishman in a German team with a German driver etc etc etc... Who said that the season will be boring??

Hamilton has quoted he is not like Rosberg born with a privilege back ground, which Hamilton said made him more hungry for success but I see Hamilton who has been very fortunate in his career with the Mclaren factor. Hamilton is always moaning for me he is spoiled brat.
    Last edited by mirafiori; 25th May 2014 at 18:32.

LH is acting like a little spoiled brat!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    LH is acting like a little spoiled brat!
    ever considered that he is not acting?
    not gonna change my profile picture

Looks like being hungrier than Rosberg is not enough.
    Avanti Fer, avanti!

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    ever considered that he is not acting?
    Stand to correct my self. You are right 100%. He is not acting he IS!

Don't like him never will.

His attitude does not belong in F1, perhaps in the football scene but not in F1! (No offence intended to footy fans)

To be fair he's only explaining how two strategists at Mclaren made sure that team mates could race like rivals. In my opinion, had Rosberg been a proper gentleman, he would at least have offered the place to LH after the fiasco at qualifying - he did gain an unfair advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by khizerk View Post
    To be fair he's only explaining how two strategists at Mclaren made sure that team mates could race like rivals. In my opinion, had Rosberg been a proper gentleman, he would at least have offered the place to LH after the fiasco at qualifying - he did gain an unfair advantage.
    Why do you think Rosberg gained an unfair advantage when he was cleared after investigation.

No he is basically saying that with Merc he does not have a N1 status, or should I say a favorite status. Don't try to find him an excuse please.

What a car they give him and what a thing to say in return, very close to being disrespectful if you ask me!

he did gain an unfair advantage.

You must be joking!!! Offer his #1 spot because Louise could not lap faster than him when he had the chance? Poor Louise, must be handed places otherwise his fans feel cheated. Yeah that is the mark of a true champion.

The car causing the yellow flag could also have been any one of the other cars doing Q3 and not just Nico. That is part of racing. Especially at Monaco.

He has been the one starting to "play the mind games" with his comments the last week and for him it did not work at all.

And for using a much more powerfull engine map, that is just cheating. Plane and simple.

He truly is as far away from what Ferrari want and should have in a driver as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    You must be joking!!! Offer his #1 spot because Louise could not lap faster than him when he had the chance? Poor Louise, must be handed places otherwise his fans feel cheated. Yeah that is the mark of a true champion.

The car causing the yellow flag could also have been any one of the other cars doing Q3 and not just Nico. That is part of racing. Especially at Monaco.

He has been the one starting to "play the mind games" with his comments the last week and for him it did not work at all.

And for using a much more powerfull engine map, that is just cheating. Plane and simple.

He truly is as far away from what Ferrari want and should have in a driver as you can get.
    This time he did not get through with the 'story'. No Uncle Ron or his father running to FIA for him.

Hamilton got everything he deserved this weekend & imo was payback for Bahrain.
    Merc were very fortunate to have got a 1,2 that day & owe it to Rosberg who avoided 2 late lunges that were poorly executed from Lewis that would certainly have wiped them both out had Nico not been sensible.
    As for the Quali incident,if Nico did it on purpose then good on him as he got away with it & it's got Lewis boiling.
    Shame really because I started warming to him after he left Mclaren but he seems to be loosing his head now with paranoid remarks over the radio that are making him look a complete fool.
    Pity Ricci couldn't get him at the end & sent him over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post

When will he learn he always loses at mind games. He lost against Alonso, he lost against Button, he'll lose against Nico.

I used to want him at Ferrari. No more. Never.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    When will he learn he always loses at mind games. He lost against Alonso, he lost against Button, he'll lose against Nico.

I used to want him at Ferrari. No more. Never.
    I felt that about Alonso as well, but he matured really well. Just as I started to "like" Lewis and after all that love sharing between him and Alonso I could somehow seen him in red overall. But he is still this spoiled brat he used to be. And Rosberg is no better. His interviews and all his comunication are like he would have all the knowlege of the world. From Vettel to this... nothing really changed.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Hamilton is just saying how it works in Mercedes as they have a lead strategist who gives priority to the lead car of a particular race and not to the number 1 driver. There is no number 1 driver at Mercedes at least not until now. That's clearly evident from how they are allowed to race each other.

However, I must say he's a little naive for making such remarks as the media loves to make stories out of it. He needs to think about the bigger picture and focus on the WDC goal. How he copes will be a true testament to his character. I do think he is marginally faster than Rosberg but only by the tiniest of margins but the question remains as to how mentally strong he is. His past history doesn't suggest he is mentally strong but perhaps he has changed. We'll see.