Thread: Ferrari confident of making 'good step' in Canada

Thumbs up Ferrari confident of making 'good step' in Canada

Ferrari will be significantly faster in Canada than they were in Monaco as a result of a planned upgrade package, according to technical director James Allison.

Fernando Alonso finished fourth in Monte Carlo, while team mate Kimi Raikkonen was running a very strong third in the early stages, only for his podium hopes to be scuppered by contact with Max Chilton's Marussia while running behind the safety car - the first of a series of maladies which consigned the Finn to 12th at the finish.

Allison says such form is proof the team are developing well, and bolsters his conviction that the car's underlying pace will be markedly better when they travel to Montreal in a fortnight's time.

"In Monaco, we continued to analyse the areas in which the F14 T can be improved," Allison explained.

"Now we are looking ahead to the next race in Canada, where the package we will use is a good step faster than the car we raced last weekend."

He warned, however, that Ferrari's hopes of a scoring just a second podium of the 2014 season would also be contingent on what upgrades their rivals have lined up for the seventh round of the season.

"While our development programme has progressed well in recent weeks, it is hard to predict exactly what this will mean for the competitiveness of the F14-T, as we do not know what steps our competitors plan to bring to Montreal," he added.

"So any improvement has to be seen in relative terms, hoping that the track will deliver an answer worthy of all the efforts we have made so far."

Allison, who joined Ferrari in September 2013, said Ferrari are also working on a new technical approach intended to give their designers vital creative space.

"We must be able to make the most of the creativity and originality of our engineers," he commented.

"We know there is no magic wand, but there is a wealth of talent at Ferrari and we are working on an implementation and an approach to the work which allows it to emerge."

After six rounds of the 2014 season, Ferrari are third in the constructors' standings on 78 points, 21 behind Red Bull and 11 ahead of Force India. Alonso's third place in China is their best result of the year to date.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...4/5/15891.html

All I can say is I'll believe it when I see it.....mai dare sulla speranza, for sure!

Really happy to hear that! Hopefully we can take a big step forward in Canada and get a good result which the whole team and us tifosi deserve.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by ALO View Post
    Ferrari will be significantly faster in Canada than they were in Monaco ..........
    I sure hope so, otherwise they will be lapped five times.

But seriously, I hope the package will prove to be much stronger then it was, but as Allison says, it will always be relative as the others will try to improve too. Still, encouraging sounds!
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

I have all the faith in our team, so Iam really looking forward to the next GP! Forza Ferrari!
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

@fratelliferrari

I'm really looking forward to this too, if they convince them self to perform better in next race, we should believe it too...show isn't over yet!

so far they have been giving us cautious comments and our pace has proven to be slow, so these positive comments of a step forward for Canada seem very promising as it breaks the basic trend, so I am looking forward to see what we got as well.

Let's wait and see. Too early to get your hopes up! We can get our hopes up if the big upgrade package works as this will demonstrate Ferrari are now capable of developing their car on a consecutive basis successfully which just hasn't been the case in the last few seasons. Allison seems to be the optimistic type of person so that should be taken onboard whenever evaluating his statements. But he is definitely a breath of fresh air in a good way.